TN store clerk fatally shoots teen for shoplifting beer...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Tennessee store clerk charged in death of teen believed to be shoplifting beer, report says

Police in Tennessee said Sunday that a convenience store clerk has been charged in the fatal shooting of a suspected shoplifter whose body was found near the store.

The Commercial Appeal reports Memphis police charged 28-year-old Anwar Ghazali with first-degree murder.

The shooting occurred on Thursday, but police said Ghazali never reported the incident. The 17-year-old's body was found beside a home near the store Saturday. Fox 13 Memphis identified the victim as Dorian Harris.

Police spokesman Louis Brownlee said the teen was suspected of leaving the store without paying for a beer, and Ghazali followed him and allegedly shot him.

"The victim/suspect stole a beer and goes out of the store,'' Brownlee told the paper. "The suspect tries to stop him. Shoots at him. Hits him once. He doesn't officially know that he hit him. Yesterday, a female comes home, sees a person lying next to the home. Calls police.”

Ghazali was being held in the Shelby County Jail. It wasn't immediately known whether he has an attorney.

Jesus Christ. Talk about taking "Employee of the Month" way too seriously.

Tennessee store clerk charged in death of teen believed to be shoplifting beer, report says

Police in Tennessee said Sunday that a convenience store clerk has been charged in the fatal shooting of a suspected shoplifter whose body was found near the store.

The Commercial Appeal reports Memphis police charged 28-year-old Anwar Ghazali with first-degree murder.

The shooting occurred on Thursday, but police said Ghazali never reported the incident. The 17-year-old's body was found beside a home near the store Saturday. Fox 13 Memphis identified the victim as Dorian Harris.

Police spokesman Louis Brownlee said the teen was suspected of leaving the store without paying for a beer, and Ghazali followed him and allegedly shot him.

"The victim/suspect stole a beer and goes out of the store,'' Brownlee told the paper. "The suspect tries to stop him. Shoots at him. Hits him once. He doesn't officially know that he hit him. Yesterday, a female comes home, sees a person lying next to the home. Calls police.”

Ghazali was being held in the Shelby County Jail. It wasn't immediately known whether he has an attorney.

Jesus Christ. Talk about taking "Employee of the Month" way too seriously.
I applaud the actions of the "employee of the month" as there wont be a repeat offender and a rap sheet a mile long. Also wont have wasted tax payer money keeping that liberal shitfuck alive.

Do you know how to keep kids like this alive?

values-and-morals-1-728.jpg

All teenage shoplifters and beer thieves should be chased down the street and assassinated.

Probably just got tired of it. Memphis, in a lot of areas, is a complete shithole.
I would bet it happens constantly.

2010 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 11 - General Provisions
Part 6 - Justification Excluding Criminal Responsibility
39-11-614 - Protection of property.

(c) Unless a person is justified in using deadly force as otherwise provided by law, a person is not justified in using deadly force to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on real estate or unlawful interference with personal property.

Tennessee is kind of weak on defense of property.

In Texas, we don't have much of that shit going on because:

Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 9.42. Deadly Force to Protect Property

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime;  or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property;  and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means;  or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Tennessee needs to protect its citizens better.

Harley. Get on it.
:lol::beer:

The clerk should get a Nobel Peace Prize.
The clerk covered up the murder, even hid the body. Probably more to this story.
Hid the body beside someones house, out in the open?
What an idiot. He deserves to go to prison just for that.
Or the guy could have walked there... I guess thats possible :rolleyes:
Maybe he freaked out because TN protects criminals more than the victims.
What makes you say that?

The article doesn't even say he "stole beer". It says he stole a beer. Which means this dude probably shot this kid over a $5 40 oz.

The clerk should get a Nobel Peace Prize.
The clerk covered up the murder, even hid the body. Probably more to this story.

I didn't even notice that part until rereading the article recently. The shooting happened on Thursday, and the body wasn't discovered until Saturday. I see additional charges in his future. This store clerk is FUCKED.

The clerks life wasn't in danger. Definitely sound like excessive force to me. Guns are supposed to be used for protection, not so a store clerk can act as jury, judge and executioner on the street.

I hope the owner of the store at least gives the clerk a raise for being such a dedicated employee.

I didn't even notice that part until rereading the article recently. The shooting happened on Thursday, and the body wasn't discovered until Saturday. I see additional charges in his future. This store clerk is FUCKED.
That's what sucks. How much of this nonsense is a result of the weak protection of citizens in the use of deadly force? People who must use deadly force but face criminal charges for doing so behave badly after the fact.

Forum List

Back