TN store clerk fatally shoots teen for shoplifting beer...

Sounds like the dude was a ticking time bomb. I'd maybe go as far as yelling out the door, "Hey! Fucking cocksucker!" Then I'd go back to my counter, and wait on customers. :dunno:

All teenage shoplifters and beer thieves should be chased down the street and assassinated.

Just because members of your family have not been caught.
I was being sarcastic and mocking the posters showing happy feelings about a kid getting murdered for stealing a beer.

Which members of my family are you trying to insult?

Last edited:
I didn't even notice that part until rereading the article recently. The shooting happened on Thursday, and the body wasn't discovered until Saturday. I see additional charges in his future. This store clerk is FUCKED.
That's what sucks. How much of this nonsense is a result of the weak protection of citizens in the use of deadly force? People who must use deadly force but face criminal charges for doing so behave badly after the fact.

People who must use deadly force? Why did this guy have to use deadly force?

if the clerk didn't report even firing a weapon at a suspected thief, something is very ''odd''...!!??

Only in America would folks think that a teen shoplifting beer justifies murder.

Who was watching the store while this maniac was out shooting shoplifters?

He ran after him and shot him. This guy, nor did anyone else report the shooting.
Store clerk charged in shooting death of teen suspected of shoplifting a beer, Memphis police say
Memphis Police have filed a first-degree murder charge against a store clerk accused of following and shooting at a teenager suspected of shoplifting a beer.

The clerk, Anwar Ghazali, 28, never called police about the incident, authorities said.

The shooting occurred Thursday, but the 17-year-old's body was not discovered until 3:52 p.m. Saturday. The shooting victim, Dorian Harris, was found beside a house at 1155 Springdale.

That's about four houses, or 100 yards north, of the convenience store, Top Stop Shop, at 1127 Springdale.

636581996892323782-top-stop-shop.jpg

Memphis Police charged a clerk from this store at 1127 Springdale with first-degree murder in the unreported shooting of a suspected shoplifter, who later was found dead. (Photo: Tom Bailey)

Ghazali was arrested later Saturday and charged with first-degree murder, according to a Memphis Police statement.

"The victim/suspect stole a beer and goes out of the store,'' MPD spokesman Louis Brownlee said Sunday. "The suspect tries to stop him. Shoots at him. Hits him once. He doesn't officially know that he hit him.

After Ghazali chased and fired at the teen, he walked back to the store and said to a witness "I think I shot him," according to an arrest affidavit.

Police said he never called to report the shooting or the theft.

if the clerk didn't report even firing a weapon at a suspected thief, something is very ''odd''...!!??

Sounds like he flew into a rage, and realized he fucked up after the fact.
yes--like that manager that beat the woman that wanted to use the bathroom
you bring up a great reality aspect of many of these brawls/shootings/fights/etc
humans--especially males lose control sometimes in conflicts/arguments--they are not ''slow-motion'' , thought out reactions

He ran after him and shot him. This guy, nor did anyone else report the shooting.
Store clerk charged in shooting death of teen suspected of shoplifting a beer, Memphis police say
Memphis Police have filed a first-degree murder charge against a store clerk accused of following and shooting at a teenager suspected of shoplifting a beer.

The clerk, Anwar Ghazali, 28, never called police about the incident, authorities said.

The shooting occurred Thursday, but the 17-year-old's body was not discovered until 3:52 p.m. Saturday. The shooting victim, Dorian Harris, was found beside a house at 1155 Springdale.

That's about four houses, or 100 yards north, of the convenience store, Top Stop Shop, at 1127 Springdale.

636581996892323782-top-stop-shop.jpg

Memphis Police charged a clerk from this store at 1127 Springdale with first-degree murder in the unreported shooting of a suspected shoplifter, who later was found dead. (Photo: Tom Bailey)

Ghazali was arrested later Saturday and charged with first-degree murder, according to a Memphis Police statement.

"The victim/suspect stole a beer and goes out of the store,'' MPD spokesman Louis Brownlee said Sunday. "The suspect tries to stop him. Shoots at him. Hits him once. He doesn't officially know that he hit him.

After Ghazali chased and fired at the teen, he walked back to the store and said to a witness "I think I shot him," according to an arrest affidavit.

Police said he never called to report the shooting or the theft.
Wow. Until this post, I thought there was a beef between these two and the kid had the great misfortune of walking into the store while the guy was on duty--I figured the kid had burned him in a drug deal or diddled his girlfriend. But maybe he really did shoot the kid for stealing a beer.
Just wow.

I didn't even notice that part until rereading the article recently. The shooting happened on Thursday, and the body wasn't discovered until Saturday. I see additional charges in his future. This store clerk is FUCKED.
That's what sucks. How much of this nonsense is a result of the weak protection of citizens in the use of deadly force? People who must use deadly force but face criminal charges for doing so behave badly after the fact.

do you always make excuses for murderers?

that's a rhetorical question

When I was shopping at a supermarket recently, a clerk told us customers that management told the clerks to ignore people who shoplift "minor" amounts.

The trouble involved in calling the police is not worth the effort.

I guess the profit margin in small stores, however, is so narrow that shoplifting cannot be ignored.

I remember seeing a video of that young man involved in the Ferguson, Missouri, incident.

He stole something and just pushed away the owner who had tried to stop him.

I felt so sorry for the owner.

When I was shopping at a supermarket recently, a clerk told us customers that management told the clerks to ignore people who shoplift "minor" amounts.

I guess the profit margin in small stores, however, is so narrow that shoplifting cannot be ignored.

I remember seeing a video of that young man involved in the Ferguson, Missouri, incident.

and that wasn't his first problem with the law
it's natural to confront a jackass shoplifter thief who doesn't have a weapon
it's natural to get pissed off/angry at a shoplifter at small stores exactly like you say--great point

My brother worked at Walmart when he was younger, and he said he was told not say anything if somebody was stealing something worth less than $20. He said people would just walk out the front doors with a case of beer all the time. :lol:

..great points by aaronleland and Parser--tension and emotions are running high!!! for both suspect and victim [ unless maybe the victim is drunk-high? ]
..angry/hate/tense/''scared''?/etc

I've seen people go into the major food store and eat from the fruit department...I told the clerk and they really didn't care

Forum List

Back