To Be Fair: The Topsy Turvy Looking Glass World of the Tea Party

Procrustes Stretched

"intuition and imagination and intelligence"
Dec 1, 2008
To Be Fair: The Topsy Turvy Looking Glass World of the Tea Party

The piecemeal approach to funding the government, and drawing it out until.the debt ceiling talks start is a tactical part of a strategy to defund other parts of government, as well as Obamacare. What is wrong with this strategy and approach?

The Tea Party caucus is leading the whole of the Republican party, if not the whole of the conservative movement, through a minfield of their own creation. The Tea Party caucus has the GOP led House putting up for funding only the parts of government no one actually wants to defund, or wouldn't dare attempt to defund. A more honest and less disingenuous approach than what we are seeing unfolding would be to put individual parts of the government up for defunding. This way those opposed to things could be held accountable -- accountable to the voters for their views and actions, instead of the obfuscated shenanigans we are witnessing.

Why not pass the continuing resolution (cr) passed by the US Senate? The Tea Party caucus wants to defund Obama care, so why not pass the cr separately and take up Obamacare on it't own merits?

Why not put up for defunding every part of government the TP doesn't want?

dD
:cool:
Dante

To be fair, in the 'real' world it looks like for all of it's bluster and bloviating, the Tea Party is afraid to be responsible by being honest enough to be held accountable for things, but that's not the case behind a looking glass. Behind the looking glass up is down, left is right, and disingenuousness is honesty

Last edited:
It's surprising to me the useful idiots in the Tea Party who don't realize they're corrupt corporations' prison bitch and total pawns in acting against their best interests.

It's surprising to me the useful idiots in the Tea Party who don't realize they're corrupt corporations' prison bitch and total pawns in acting against their best interests.

To be fair... the left has a caucus within the Democratic party, but they have yet to glom onto an isdue that would give them the oversized power and influence of tge Tea Party.

The GOP weekly radio address has the Democrats being the ones at fault and playing politics with the government shutdown, but who is drawing out the piecemeal funding of government?

Rand Paul: I think if we keep saying, ‘We wanted to defund it. We fought for that, but now we’re willing to compromise on this.’ I think … I know we don’t want to be here, but we’re going to win this, I think.

“We’re very excited,” said Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.). “It’s exactly what we wanted, and we got it.”

Last edited:

Forum List

Back