To leftists, Fairness means taking away your freedom and redistributing your wealth.

Hoosier4Liberty

Libertarian Republican
Oct 14, 2013
One of the words that has been totally hijacked by the left is "fairness". The only real fairness is treating everyone equally under the law. But liberals reinterpreted this as giving "social justice" to people with the government as the determiner of whether or not "you've made too much money"(Obama said there's a point when someone's made too much - look it up) or how much to "spread the wealth around".

See, that's the difference between liberals and conservatives/libertarians. The leftists define "fairness" as giving more power to the state to do what it thinks is right. The right thinks that you should be given the power to determine your own future.

One of the words that has been totally hijacked by the left is "fairness". The only real fairness is treating everyone equally under the law. But liberals reinterpreted this as giving "social justice" to people with the government as the determiner of whether or not "you've made too much money"(Obama said there's a point when someone's made too much - look it up) or how much to "spread the wealth around".

See, that's the difference between liberals and conservatives/libertarians. The leftists define "fairness" as giving more power to the state to do what it thinks is right. The right thinks that you should be given the power to determine your own future.

Arguments based on fairness are generally appeals to emotions or ideologies.

I love how the righties spend 99% of their time talking about what "the left believes" and cant seem to lay out their own thoughts and plans

You tell those evil commies what's up!
Some leftists say that they wish to give more power to the people but we all know that by "decreasing corporate influence", they mean institute a Stalinist organization.

You tell those evil commies what's up!
Some leftists say that they wish to give more power to the people but we all know that by "decreasing corporate influence", they mean institute a Stalinist organization.

Yes because anything short of anarchy is STALINISM!!!!

I love how the righties spend 99% of their time talking about what "the left believes" and cant seem to lay out their own thoughts and plans

Might it be that those on the right think that it is YOUR plans which are important and it is not up to the state to plan for you? And that it is YOUR thoughts that matter and that they should not try to impose theirs upon you?

That is called freedom which, I understand, was once held dear in the USA.

Very true. Politicians in all democracies have long since realised that most of their electorates are more at home with emotions than ideas. And 'fairness' is one of those useful words than can mean anything or nothing.

Fairness is a subjective term. I think it is unfair to pay people not to work with working people's money. It is unfair to try to make things fair!

Might it be that those on the right think that it is YOUR plans which are important and it is not up to the state to plan for you? And that it is YOUR thoughts that matter and that they should not try to impose theirs upon you?

That could be it except all those guys in Washington are elected to do more than let freedom ring or whatever. They are there to solve problems.

The right never lays out their solutions or plans...they spend all their time telling each other "the left believes" fairy tales. Its safer that way.

The same way they never have a Tea Party Leader. It allows them to point to the Tea Party as an idea but allows them to never stand behind any ideas presented by them...

Last edited:
That could be it except all those guys in Washington are elected to do more than let freedom ring or whatever. They are there to solve problems.

The right never lays out their solutions or plans...they spend all their time telling each other "the left believes" fairy tales. Its safer that way.

The same way they never have a Tea Party Leader. It allows them to point to the Tea Party as an idea but allows them to never stand behind any ideas presented by them...
So much fail in one post. The Tea Party is a grassroots movement, unlike the idol worship top down leadership mentality of the left. The right articulates their ideas regularly but can't see or understand them for you. Right now the rights job in Washington is to minimize the damage done by the big spenders.

I lean to the left, and I believe that those that lean to the Right are nuts, but oddly enough, though so many of them claim to know what we believe, none have guessed that right.

I lean to the left, and I believe that those that lean to the Right are nuts, but oddly enough, though so many of them claim to know what we believe, none have guessed that right.
LOL. You should have been Lenos last guest. You're good!:clap2:

Normal people would be appalled at the rightie's thoughts and plans.

Yep, the thought of earning your own way is so appalling. I mean when you can have the freedom of working part time and keeping your subsidized health care, all the while keeping other Americans in involuntary servitude to fucking pay for it, how could the two possibly compare.

The Right's plan is to turn America into a system of gated communities, walled fortresses with the haves inside and the havenots outside,

and each rightwinger hopes he's on the right side of the wall when the gates close.

Very true. Politicians in all democracies have long since realised that most of their electorates are more at home with emotions than ideas. And 'fairness' is one of those useful words than can mean anything or nothing.

It is only slightly worse than arguments based on "freedom" without any real connection to reality.

Wrong answer there hero, the feds are there to manage a federation of free and independent States, doing only the things the states are incapable of doing themselves. They are not there to manipulate the citizens of those States.

and what would you call arguments appealing to people's selfishness and social darwinism?

or better yet, what would you call people who insist on fostering ideologies that go against their self-interest?

i know what i'd call it….

Wrong answer there hero, the feds are there to manage a federation of free and independent States, doing only the things the states are incapable of doing themselves. They are not there to manipulate the citizens of those States.

Maybe in your hallucinations.

Forum List

Back