To leftists, Fairness means taking away your freedom and redistributing your wealth.

Interest income is subject to regular taxation.

Capital gains are taxed only when they are realized.

IF they are realized.

Now let's see how the comprehension-challenged cope with that "r" word.

Short term capital gains are taxed at the regular rate. Long term capital gains are taxed at a lower rate.

One of the words that has been totally hijacked by the left is "fairness". The only real fairness is treating everyone equally under the law. But liberals reinterpreted this as giving "social justice" to people with the government as the determiner of whether or not "you've made too much money"(Obama said there's a point when someone's made too much - look it up) or how much to "spread the wealth around".

See, that's the difference between liberals and conservatives/libertarians. The leftists define "fairness" as giving more power to the state to do what it thinks is right. The right thinks that you should be given the power to determine your own future.

Arguments based on fairness are generally appeals to emotions or ideologies.

Or math.

Collect $200 when passing 'Go'.

Guess what, I get to collect $80,000 when passing Go. -- since I'm wealthy I can influence policy and tax laws. And why not, over time, created a tax code that benefits me.

Sound fair to you?

By the way, when I land on your property, I don't pay the full rent because I get a special tax subsidy that is not available to middle and lower income.

Sound fair to you?

Faux News viewers are clueless about how the tax code screws them. The Koch Bros have brilliantly gotten them to focus and the poor and unemployed "takers".

The Koch's and Waltons are the biggest takers in the universe.

One of the words that has been totally hijacked by the left is "fairness". The only real fairness is treating everyone equally under the law. But liberals reinterpreted this as giving "social justice" to people with the government as the determiner of whether or not "you've made too much money"(Obama said there's a point when someone's made too much - look it up) or how much to "spread the wealth around".

See, that's the difference between liberals and conservatives/libertarians. The leftists define "fairness" as giving more power to the state to do what it thinks is right. The right thinks that you should be given the power to determine your own future.

Or math.

Guess what, I get to collect $80,000 when passing Go. -- since I'm wealthy I can influence policy and tax laws. And why not, over time, created a tax code that benefits me.

Sound fair to you?

By the way, when I land on your property, I don't pay the full rent because I get a special tax subsidy that is not available to middle and lower income.

Sound fair to you?

Faux News viewers are clueless about how the tax code screws them. The Koch Bros have brilliantly gotten them to focus and the poor and unemployed "takers".

The Kochs and Waltons pay far more in taxes than average Americans. They create billions of dollars in wealth and provide good services to all Americans.

You stupid libbies don't understand that oil and energy products produce everything we use.

Or math.

Sound fair to you?

Sound fair to you?

The Kochs and Waltons pay far more in taxes than average Americans. They create billions of dollars in wealth and provide good services to all Americans.

You stupid libbies don't understand that oil and energy products produce everything we use.

Would they continue to be as successful as they are currently if their tax subsidies were eliminated?

I love how the righties spend 99% of their time talking about what "the left believes" and cant seem to lay out their own thoughts and plans

If you want to know what the left wing thinks...the first person I'd as is a right wing poster.

If you want to hear a big pile of lies, then ask a left-wing poster.

More like if you're scared of debate be a republican and build your own straw man.

Or math.

Sound fair to you?

Sound fair to you?

The people who shop at Walmart create that wealth.

Or math.

Sound fair to you?

Sound fair to you?

Would they continue to be as successful as they are currently if their tax subsidies were eliminated?

What "tax subsidies?"

Or math.

Sound fair to you?

Sound fair to you?

Consumers don't create jack squat. That would mean some tick sucking all the blood out of the taxpayers was a productive member of society. God help us if a majority ever comes to believe that.

So legislation that helps farmers needs to help all Americans equally?

it's idiotic to put everyone on the government teat, so no one should be on the government teat. The government shouldn't be helping farmers.

How about the handicapped?
What about disabled veterans?

No room on that teat?

One thing is certain: no libturd in this forum would lift a finger to help them. That's why you all believe they would starve without government programs. It's what you know about yourself that makes you demand welfare.

BTW, veterans have earned their disability payments with their service. That's the deal they signed up for. Welfare ticks did nothing to earn a place at the teat.

Consumers don't create jack squat. That would mean some tick sucking all the blood out of the taxpayers was a productive member of society. God help us if a majority ever comes to believe that.

So your argument is that the Waltons, or anyone else invested in Walmart, would be just as wealthy if no one ever shopped at Walmart?

Did you EVER stop for one moment to listen to yourself?

So your argument is that the Waltons, or anyone else invested in Walmart, would be just as wealthy if no one ever shopped at Walmart?

Did you EVER stop for one moment to listen to yourself?

No, that isn't my argument. Is your argument that umbrellas magically pop into existence because it rains?

The right thinks that you should be given the power to determine your own future.

And what do you mean by "giving the power"? Can I just have the power to whack a rich bastard at take his money? No? Then what should be the rules, and who sets them? Why do you think that asking the government to prevent people from taking others property is inherently good, but asking government to redistribute incomes in a fair manner is inherently bad?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back