To My Republican Friends......What Needs to Be Done to Win National Elections

To the original OP.

Let's get back at it. Or start another thread on it.

This has gone way too far off course.

Now, I have told you winning measures we took up here. Do you think any could be applicable in your election situations?

Last edited:
Okay.

Candidate ___________, What is the difference between your view of gay marriage and that of your Democratic opponent?

How would you answer in a way that may get you a vote from a same sex couple?

thats what you don't get. Maybe taking a stand against gay marriage will lose the gay marriage vote, BFD. That is a tiny segment of the population.

The GOP does not have to get the radical 'gay marriage is a right' vote. let all 50,000 of them vote dem, who cares?

Except marriage equality is supported by a majority of Americans...not just the gay ones.

I think most see the fairness in the equality. Cripes we always get down to words don't we?

Stupid words.

Now back to how we win.

Well as Republicans you won't anymore. Unless you kick loose the Roves you guys are toast.

Did you guys know that the Bush twins think of President Clinton as "Uncle Bill"? And think of Mrs. Clinton as an aunt?

So watch for Jeb to be run to split the vote. They love the Clintons. Something sick about this, but hey it's your kinda freaky.

:lol:

I am in complete agreement with the assumptions I have made on your position regarding health care. Car insurance gives us the privilege to drive and is required by law. Health insurance should not be turned into a privilege to health, or life.

You agree with yourself. How narcissistic. I wonder what car insurance has to do with healthcare insurance. You're saying people should be forced into a government approved insurance plan that will cost them 41 percent more than their old plan. Really? And you lecture people about choice?

I seem to be explaining myself incorrectly. I am against the ACA. I use car insurance as an example of how we use the law to enforce responsible driving and public safety.

However, on the other end of the spectrum would be health insurance. A public mandate to buy or pay a fine is abhorrent to what I believe. I shouldn't have to buy anything if I don't want to.

My exception to that statement would be car insurance as it affects the public safety. Clear?

But by not having insurance, you are forcing me to pay more in premiums and hospital charges to PAY for your lack of sufficient insurance.

Each insured person in CA alone was paying $1200 a year in insurance costs to pay for the un and under insured.

https://www.blueshieldca.com/bsca/about-blue-shield/newsroom/covering-uninsured.sp

You agree with yourself. How narcissistic. I wonder what car insurance has to do with healthcare insurance. You're saying people should be forced into a government approved insurance plan that will cost them 41 percent more than their old plan. Really? And you lecture people about choice?

I seem to be explaining myself incorrectly. I am against the ACA. I use car insurance as an example of how we use the law to enforce responsible driving and public safety.

However, on the other end of the spectrum would be health insurance. A public mandate to buy or pay a fine is abhorrent to what I believe. I shouldn't have to buy anything if I don't want to.

My exception to that statement would be car insurance as it affects the public safety. Clear?

But by not having insurance, you are forcing me to pay more in premiums and hospital charges to PAY for your lack of sufficient insurance.

Each insured person in CA alone was paying $1200 a year in insurance costs to pay for the un and under insured.

https://www.blueshieldca.com/bsca/about-blue-shield/newsroom/covering-uninsured.sp

I have health insurance through my employer.

However I should not be required to make life easy or help support you or anyone else.

Again more assumptions are being made in this thread.

Here you go. Just in case you thought I was bullshitting. Are you ever going to really trust another Republican again if you're a conservative or a libertarian?

Does this give you a warm and fuzzy? Well I guess if you are a Clinton supporter it would. :lol:

Jenna Bush: Hillary Clinton and I are 'related' through 'Uncle' Bill - George W Bush's 'brother from another mother'

Former first-daughter Jenna Bush-Hager joked about her Clinton family ties at a charity gala earlier this week
When former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton took the stage, she spoke about the 'special feeling of kinship' she had for Jenna

article-2443961-1885BD5200000578-766_634x951.jpg

It's all at the link. Bazooka barf time.

Jenna Bush and Hillary Clinton are 'related' through marriage to her uncle Bill - George W Bush's 'brother from another mother' | Mail Online

However I should not be required to make life easy or help support you or anyone else.

You have no cost share? You ARE paying for the uninsured...in the most expensive way possible.

To the original OP.

Now, I have told you winning measures we took up here. Do you think any could be applicable in your election situations?

It's a different battlefield. Before going into battle you have to map out the battlefield, determine what kind of armorment will best serve the purpose, determine tactics and strategy, make a plan, add contingencies, train and practice. Add recon and probes and you are ready to go. Republicans are unable to do any of this. They are basicly a mess of disorganized individual units with no leadership. Buried in infighting and feuds, they can't even decide how to map the battlefield let alone all that needs to follow. To make matters worse, the infantry (TP) is untested, overconfident, poorly armed and fully prepared to launch useless suicide attacks while disregarding experienced veterans of political battles of the past.

And the Oscar goes to... KEVIN... for most dramatic rendition of playing the high ground.
LOL, apparently you're having a very difficult time accepting another poster calling you immature in style. If you would have just moved on and ignored I would have assumed you could care less what I said, but after getting neg repped I now know that my words bothered you to at least some degree, which was the original aim. But it's all productive, because I think you need to change for your own good.

Would like to note that I NEVER said my opinion of gay marriage made me superior, I only consider myself superior to you because I usually don’t debate by calling other posters “homos” or saying that they “have sex with rubber dolls”, lol, which is a pretty fair assessment if you ask me.

Now if you can see to bring yourself back to reality and join in with the rest of us, you may do so, but your theatrics are boring.
The guy who is calling other posters "gay" and "homos who have sex with rubber dolls" when they disagree with him is calling me theatrical. That's a laugh.

Last edited:

You have no cost share? You ARE paying for the uninsured...in the most expensive way possible.

And now you are paying for more uninsured that actually had insurance but don't now due to the ACA. That number is estimated to rise dramatically. And FYI... the folks that didn't buy insurance then, aren't going to buy insurance now. You think these folks living on the fringe of society will now start filing tax returns and buying insurance or paying fines?

You can't actually believe this....

I say do whatever TinyDancer says!

YAY!

I would have stopped so many challenges and asked all Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Bhuddists et al to have just asked for equality under the law. Just under the law of the land.

I would have asked everyone to take a step back and asked if for one minute some one didn't recognize or could not recognize one's commitment to another being for life how could they recognize their own.

I do understand the battle over the word and here we go again..."marriage". But I think if we'd all been able to come to the table a long long time ago without radicals on either side we could have worked it out.

It's wrong that we torment each other this way. Both sides at fault here. We're picking foolish battles instead of finding solutions.

To the original OP.

It's a different battlefield. Before going into battle you have to map out the battlefield, determine what kind of armorment will best serve the purpose, determine tactics and strategy, make a plan, add contingencies, train and practice. Add recon and probes and you are ready to go. Republicans are unable to do any of this. They are basicly a mess of disorganized individual units with no leadership. Buried in infighting and feuds, they can't even decide how to map the battlefield let alone all that needs to follow. To make matters worse, the infantry (TP) is untested, overconfident, poorly armed and fully prepared to launch useless suicide attacks while disregarding experienced veterans of political battles of the past.

Not really. Not really a different battlefield. I believe with all my heart that you should absolutely if one is a conservative or libertarian to throw the Republican Party overboard.

I have more of a fondness and respect for D's because they stay true to their left wing hearts.

Republicans. Define a Republican today. Not asking you to do this personally, but do you get what I am asking.

What is a Republican?

How can one ask for someone to vote for something that is not even defined?

To the original OP.

Although some historians will disagree ... A lot of them will tell you that the greatest battle strategist of all time was Genghis Khan ... Accompanied by other noted veterans such as Sun Tzu and Carl von Clausewitz respectfully.
They all employed strategies such as ... Attrition Warfare, Scorched Earth, Blockade, Guerilla Warfare, Deception and Feint ... Which would suggest your analogy is a crock of shit.

My health insurance works differently than most. Be that as it may the idea of paying for the uninsured is a collective social understanding and not one based on economics. It is not everyone's job to buy health insurance to make it cheap for the ones who want it. To imply that is selfish.

And now you are paying for more uninsured that actually had insurance but don't now due to the ACA. That number is estimated to rise dramatically. And FYI... the folks that didn't buy insurance then, aren't going to buy insurance now. You think these folks living on the fringe of society will now start filing tax returns and buying insurance or paying fines?

You can't actually believe this....

I like to think of it this way:

Before the top earners had health insurance, so the ACA doesn't change much for them.

The middle class had health insurance if they could afford it. Now they are forced to buy it.

The poorest could not afford health insurance unless it was free. Now it's free to almost entirely paid for.

The subsidies come from the new taxes that are laid out in the ACA.

The middle class gets hit the hardest with these taxes.

THe middle class is buying health insurance for the poorest class.

And that's why I disagree with the ACA.

4. You have to be about More than Hating Obama. Let me be clear. I hate fucking Obama. He is the worst President in my lifetime. His policies are destroying America. I loathe the man. Many of you feel the same way. However, the Republican Party needs to be about more than Hating Obama. While the hatred is justified...you have to present a positive alternative or it just comes across as bitter and spiteful.

Okay folks. That's it. Have fun tearing this apart. :)

Good post. #4 in particular. I feel like the hate for Obama has been too much of the focus. It's fine to not like him, or even hate him. But as you've pointed out, there needs to be more than that. Hate his healthcare law? Say so, but they need to also follow up with a thought out alternative plan that actually solves the issues our country is facing. "Repeal Obamacare" is not a solution to a problem we had well before Obama was ever in the picture.

But here's the problem. Hating Obama is all you guys have, really.

let's take healthcare, since you brought it up.

The first guy to offer universal insurance instead of single payer? Richard Nixon!

The people who suggested an individual mandate instead of single payer? The Heritage Foundation in the 1990's.

Oh, wait, who was the first guy who actually IMPLEMENTED these ideas on a state wide level? Mitt Romney!

And then the black guy decided, "Okay, let's go with your plan since I can't get a public option or medicare buy in to cover the gaps." (Incidently, either one would have solved all the problems we are currenlty having.)

And suddenly- you guys hate it.. Because Obama suggested it!

To the original OP.

Thank you.

Another thought. Republicans need to very aggressively attack the Democrat divide and conquer strategy. We are not black-Americans...Hispanic-Americans...Single Female Americans. Stop the pandering and the bullshit.

Blacks, Whites, Men, Women, Hispanics and many others have built this Nation. We are a not a Nation of separate communities. We are one Community. Any party that talks strongly to that basic truth will win. Stop the pandering and stop separating people.

Forum List

Back