To My Republican Friends......What Needs to Be Done to Win National Elections

Since TeaPs make up about 20% and Progressives about 15% of the country, the poll is meaningless.

The TeaPs are at their all time low, as is Congress and the GOP in Congress, far lower than Obama's popularity.

Yes, the American population far more approves of the mainstream proposals than those of the weirdo TeaPs on the far right and the equally weirdo progs on the far left.

I believe that was more of a swipe at the notion that the Tea Party is more of an organized influence and factor in Washington D.C. than finding elected officials of the Occupy Wallstreet movement. Interesting how you don't hear a strong representation and voice from the "Occupy" group much anymore.

While I thanked you for the post, I find you missed something - the ability to manage!

Every time the GOP runs senators for office, they lose. What the GOP need to do is tap the number of Republican governors with good track records who can show their ability to deal with government issues.

As the Dumbocrats are likely to anoint Hilary who has shown absolutely NO ability to properly administer anything, the only choice the GOP has is to run someone the public can see as more qualified.

To do that, we need to castrate the Beltway Republicans and put those across the country in charge.

Jindal is a non-starter as a serious candidate for President. His only real hope is some serious self-implosion/choosing-not-to-run by the heavyweights in the Party (no pun intended at Christie and Gingrich).

I would have to agree with you there.

I mean if you can say something about Governor Jindal to a Conservative or even a Republican in the state of Louisiana ... And they don't start laughing ... Then you would be the first.
People elsewhere only see what Governor Jindal makes sure they see ... He supports legislation that gets him National headlines ... Trying to fool people into believing he is something that he isn't.

It is true he can win an election in the state of Louisiana ... Hell, people like me voted for him ... But only because who he runs against are absolute nutcases and it would be hard for some Democrats down here to get elected in Vermont.

I'm not up on Louisiana Politics but after Romer and Edwards; it seems as though they were ready for anyone who didn't look criminal.

Jindal's largest electoral roadblock is two fold. First, there is the appearance which means a lot in presidential politics. Second there is nothing, thus far, differentiating him much from the pack. Winning a gubenatorial election in a red state is probably not going to excite the electorate as Christie winning in a blue state.

does congress work for us or do we work for them? you seem to think they should be the ones telling us what to do.

Congress works for us as we have the power to remove the entire House every 2 years and 1/3 of the Senate every 2 years as well.

Do I think we work for them?

Not at all but if you don't like the way your congressperson votes, you should vote them out of office, move to another district/state, or try to explain to them why they are not representing your views;

Not short-circuit the system by calling for a national referendum to impose your will on the minority.

move to another district because your politician is not doing his job? that seems a little inconvenient to the citizen.

but what you are really saying here is the majority rules, because the majority will vote in or out who ever does their bidding.

in the end, the minority is imposed on or moves to another district. in either scenario the minority gets imposed upon.

Your representative is 2 of 100 or 1 of 435. The law of big numbers pretty much dictates that nothing too radical will get to the President's desk.

As for the imposition; I'm a blue in a red state and have been for a number of years now. McCain and Flake do not represent my views on the key issues but thanks to our President and the voices of moderation, those issues were resolved over their objections (so far).

Sponsoring an up or down vote outside of those voices of moderation is something to be fearful because at some point, you will be in the minority on a topic.

yawn

one more fakey "republican"

lying is ingrained into any leftard, plus the inability to hide their own stupidity :lol:

fact is we have never had such an epic fail in the WH as we have now

You mean except for bush.

Frankly, when Bush became president, we had surpluses, peace, prosperity, 3% unemployment.

When he left, we had wars, ruined cities, huge deficits, 10% unemployment...

that's EPIC FAIL.

I just can't see how any sane person can say, "Wow, Bush was doing a great job, and then Obama came along."

Actually if you want to look at 3% unemployment rate, you'd have to go all the way back to 1952. The highest unemployment figures President George W. Bush saw was 6%. President Obama could only dream of such numbers as he walked into 5.8% in 2008 and his lowest achievement was 8.1%. Figures are according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics Data 16 years and older, government link below. A success story for this administration?

SOURCE: Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Guy, you're numbers are wrong, as usual.

Unemployment was at 7.8% when Bush left office in disgrace in January 2009. The Dow was at 6000. We were hemoraging half a million jobs a month.

Right now, it's at 7.3, the Dow is at a record high. We are out of Iraq and will soon be out of Afghanistan.

Perfect? No. A damn sight better than it was? You betcha!

Frankly, when Bush became president, we had surpluses, peace, prosperity, 3% unemployment.

that's EPIC FAIL.

I just can't see how any sane person can say, "Wow, Bush was doing a great job, and then Obama came along."

Actually if you want to look at 3% unemployment rate, you'd have to go all the way back to 1952. The highest unemployment figures President George W. Bush saw was 6%. President Obama could only dream of such numbers as he walked into 5.8% in 2008 and his lowest achievement was 8.1%. Figures are according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics Data 16 years and older, government link below. A success story for this administration?

Unemployment was at 7.8% when Bush left office in disgrace in January 2009. The Dow was at 6000. We were hemoraging half a million jobs a month.

Right now, it's at 7.3, the Dow is at a record high. We are out of Iraq and will soon be out of Afghanistan.

The definition of unemployment has changed also. Numbers have been skewed to look better. And part time jobs are a poor replacement for salaries.

I don't want the GOP to move the left at all on fiscal issues (unless you count the government shutdown as fiscal conservatism[I thought we should let Obamacare run its horrible course that people voted for]).

I think we need to de-emphasize social issues like gay marriage and abortion. I am pro-life, but I favor the slow, steady support of pro-life justices in the Supreme Court, and if most Americans want abortion to be legal, then so be it(it's tough to stomach, but a political party can only do so much; I sincerely hope people like Ray Comfort can change people's minds).

Also, I think we need to abandon the interventionist foreign policy. This will give us more credibility in destroying Obama's invasions, unconstitutional drone strikes, illegal wiretapping, and money to the Muslim brotherhood.

Here's a good message I think most conservatives would agree with: "Obama voted to spend billions of your money in Afghanistan, rebuilding bridges and building that terrorists then bomb and blow up. Wouldn't you rather have that money in your pocket rather than for giving terrorists more bombing targets?"
Or "Obama spent millions of dollars giving money to the radical Muslim brotherhood in Egypt, which burns the American flag, denies basic civil rights, and executes anyone who disagrees. Obama lavishes them with money and sticks us Americans with government-run healthcare, massive tax increases, and illegal wiretapping. Don't you think it's time for someone who will stand up for you, and not Muslim radicals?"

that's EPIC FAIL.

Those aren't my numbers Joe, as usual you don't consider the source. Are you now stating your numbers are more accurate than a government BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS site? Perhaps you'd like to take another look before you answer that question. I stand by my information.

The definition of unemployment has changed also. Numbers have been skewed to look better. And part time jobs are a poor replacement for salaries.

Oh I'm sure he'd rather avoid a discussion concerning a more accurate view of the economy, through U-6.

Since TeaPs make up about 20% and Progressives about 15% of the country, the poll is meaningless.

The TeaPs are at their all time low, as is Congress and the GOP in Congress, far lower than Obama's popularity.

Yes, the American population far more approves of the mainstream proposals than those of the weirdo TeaPs on the far right and the equally weirdo progs on the far left.

I believe that was more of a swipe at the notion that the Tea Party is more of an organized influence and factor in Washington D.C. than finding elected officials of the Occupy Wallstreet movement. Interesting how you don't hear a strong representation and voice from the "Occupy" group much anymore.

Not at all. OWS was a democratic created expression to counter the TPM's influence in 2012.

While I am glad it flattened the TPM (lost 1/2 their seats), I am unhappy that it managed to paint MR as a plutocrat wanting to put children into slave labor.

We are watching the TPM's influence out on the far right shrink as the expression misplayed its cards in September and October.

If ACA 2.0 and 3.0 and 4.0 keep getting better with each fix, the TPM's influence will keep shrinking.

Not at all. OWS was a democratic created expression to counter the TPM's influence in 2012.

While I am glad it flattened the TPM (lost 1/2 their seats), I am unhappy that it managed to paint MR as a plutocrat wanting to put children into slave labor.

We are watching the TPM's influence out on the far right shrink as the expression misplayed its cards in September and October.

If ACA 2.0 and 3.0 and 4.0 keep getting better with each fix, the TPM's influence will keep shrinking.

Oh GAWD!!! :cuckoo:

I have been thinking about doing this post for a long time, and really didn't know how to approach it. I hate fucking Obama. He is the worst President in my lifetime.
Step one, step back and look at the full picture, Obama was not the worst, Bush was probably worse or the same, BUT EITHER WAY - they are all puppets of the establishment. last time I voted was for a democrat in 2004, (made a speech about that YouTube search: pvsi - Intelligent people and the biggest criminals. ) but I despise them no less than you I swear.

I would like to come out and say to you directly - screw democrats, I mean republicans, but then you would probably just turn away. so I will try to be a hypocrite... in order for republicans to win, we need to follow the trail of supporters for democrats and watch out if the trail leads back to republicans. the federal reserve, the goose that lays the golden eggs. good luck my friend, you have some way to go before you see the real evil, but you already see half of it, so that's good.

Those aren't my numbers Joe, as usual you don't consider the source. Are you now stating your numbers are more accurate than a government BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS site? Perhaps you'd like to take another look before you answer that question. I stand by my information.

You're putting up numbers that aren't seasonally adjusted, if you look at numbers that are it reflects the 7.8% and 7.3% statistics, even from the same source

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

You're putting up numbers that aren't seasonally adjusted, if you look at numbers that are it reflects the 7.8% and 7.3% statistics, even from the same source

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

The data link I included accounts for each year on the average. However, if we were to look at the details of the economy for a more accurate picture, viewing U-6 and the misery index tells more of the true actual state of the economy. The figures you present only represent a small fraction of the overall picture.

back to the OP.

What does the GOP need to do to win in 14 and 16??

Basically nothing, just sit back quietly and watch as the dems implode and self destruct with obama as their leader and obamacare as their only "accomplishment".

Then in the campaigns post the videos of all of them lying about ACA, Benghazi, the IRS spying, the NSA spying, the huge debt increases, how they were going to cut unemploymnet, etc'

and for a bonus show Hillary screaming "what difference does it make" and doing her fake black accent "ah ain't no ways tarred".

What a bunch of buffoons, The GOP only needs to present a sane alternative to the idiots who have been in control since 08.

back to the OP.

What does the GOP need to do to win in 14 and 16??

Basically nothing, just sit back quietly and watch as the dems implode and self destruct with obama as their leader and obamacare as their only "accomplishment".

Then in the campaigns post the videos of all of them lying about ACA, Benghazi, the IRS spying, the NSA spying, the huge debt increases, how they were going to cut unemploymnet, etc'

and for a bonus show Hillary screaming "what difference does it make" and doing her fake black accent "ah ain't no ways tarred".

What a bunch of buffoons, The GOP only needs to present a sane alternative to the idiots who have been in control since 08.

Yeah, run with that.

I have been thinking about doing this post for a long time, and really didn't know how to approach it. I know those on the left will use it as a tool to bash those on the right, but that would be a mistake. This is what I think the Republicans need to do in order to win national elections.

1. Be Inclusive. The message should always be the Republican Party represents all people, whether they are currently voting for you are not. It is completely stupid to me that Blacks vote 95% Democrat, particularly when you see what the Democrats have not done for blacks over the years...but you cannot concede any vote, and you have to reach out to everyone.

2. Stop With the Nutty Social Agenda. America is a center/right Country. Americans are generally tolerant people. If you are strongly Christian and those values inform your life, that's great. But not everyone sees the world the way you do, and not everyone wants your values shoved down their throat. When the Republican Party becomes about sticking wands up a woman's vagina, and talking about "legitimate rape," you've lost just about everyone in America.

3. Don't be So Rigid Ideologically. Stop with the RINO bullshit. Ideologically pure candidates have never gotten elected to National office. Dennis Kucinich anyone? Republicans have always stood for limited Government, self-reliance, a strong national defense, and fiscal responsibility. That should encompass a big tent. Stop excluding people because they are not pure enough. That is crazy and stupid. A guy like Peter King fits that definition. Chris Christie fits that definition. Lindsey Graham fits that definition. If they are not pure enough for you...consider the alternative. Obummer or Hillary? Get off your high horse.
[/B][/I]

4. You have to be about More than Hating Obama. Let me be clear. I hate fucking Obama. He is the worst President in my lifetime. His policies are destroying America. I loathe the man. Many of you feel the same way. However, the Republican Party needs to be about more than Hating Obama. While the hatred is justified...you have to present a positive alternative or it just comes across as bitter and spiteful.

Okay folks. That's it. Have fun tearing this apart. :)

Support the Constitution Party like other sensible ex-Republicans have.

logo.png

Constitution Party > Home The Official Website

Constitution Party Promotional Video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_SobkISNrY]Constitution Party Promotional Video - YouTube[/ame]

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

The first thing the Right needs to do to win is to stop making shit up. This alone would gain them ten or twenty points in the polls.

The next thing is to put superior ideas on the table. Any cowardly jackass can spend all day attacking the other guy's ideas. It takes real courage and leadership to put up your own ideas and be able to defend them.

The third thing is to purge the tards. Birthers, hypocrites, DHS/Army conspiracy theorists, people who say Nazis are left wingers, etc. When a tard opens his or her mouth, stomp their teeth in, publicly. And apologize for their mental handicap and make it very clear they do not represent the intellectual superiority of the Right.

Speaking of tards, the fourth thing is to stop getting horny over stupid shit. Obama golfed today! Obama didn't say "God" today! Oh my God Obama had TWENTY SIX Christmas trees! Count 'em!

And stop whining. For fuck's sake, stop whining. No one wants to vote for a crybaby pessimistic doom and gloom titty baby party.

Last edited:
Have closed primaries.

Stop saying stupid stuff about rape and women.

Actually try to limit the government when you go to washington as you promised

Forum List

Back