To those saying flipping burgers or dunking fries deserves 15.00 per hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want people to vote for the worth of your cut and paste service you will get what it's worth. Nothing.

actually considering they get people jobs making thousands of dollars, they are worth quite a lot... but never m ind.

And why does a private corporation have to disclose the salary of any employee to the the public?

Why not? Frankly, there's a reason why corporations want to keep salaries a deep dark secret. They don't want the employees to know how badly they are being ripped off.

If you don't like the wage structure of a company then don't work for that company.

Well, if I know what it was, I wouldn't.
Now, the nice thing is, websites like Glassdoor and Salary.com and Indeed make it easier to get an idea of what corporate cultures and salaries are like at companies, so there's that.

If you don't like your salary then get another job. It really is that simple.

Invest in yourself to improve your skills so as to command a higher salary. That is how life works. That is how life has always worked
What about when all the jobs pay crap like today? Thanks GOP!
And the GOP refuses to allow training programs for tech jobs and the good jobs and keeps college loans hi rates Etc etcetera?

Why do you keep making welfare an employer problem instead of a government problem? Employers don't put people on welfare--government puts people on welfare. So blame the government for it.

No, Employers do put people on welfare.

Let's look at it this way. Our GDP is bout 17 Trillion. If you divided that evenly across the 170 million in the workforce, everyone would earn six figures, have a comfortable life and never, ever need to so on welfare.

Instead, we have the top 1% who have 43% of the wealth and the top 20% who have 87% of the wealth.

The ironic thing is you whine about the pittance we pay poor people to not riot, but don't complain about the 40 million retired people living high on the hog with Social Security and Medicare.

But that's white people welfare.

You do know that the top 1% don't get their money from a paycheck don't you?

And I hate to tell you this but not all skills are equal. Putting burgers and fires into paper bags is not a skill that is worth 6 figures

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If I can train my 9-year-old to do it, it ain't worth $15 an hour. Period.
Then they can try it for 8 hours...
No, that is a political attack. A personal attack is what the dupes on here call Democrats... Like faget, unemployed gay stupid, on welfare etc etc. I always call you people brainwashed functional idiots morons stupid Etc. I know you're not stupid and I don't assume that you are on welfare or anything else like most GOP voters do our here... Because they are brainwashed...

So calling someone a dupe is political? You are so full of it.

So if I called you an idiot, which to me is the same as dupe, then that is a political attack? Lol!

If you really believe that then I think you yourself are one. Unreal logic!
An idiot is someone who is stupid whose brain doesn't work right. I say no such thing when I call you a Dupe
Look it up. They ought to change the name of your party to the Greedy Billionaire and Dope Party. You're not stupid or idiotic, you're just not paying attention or the victim of a brilliant gigantic propaganda machine. Get it yet?

I am not a Republican, so you are wrong, I didn’t vote For Trump or Clinton, I have a distaste for fake people. I am not deceived, I realize that neither party looks out for the people. I think you have been duped but I wouldn’t call you a dupe. That is me, I also don’t respect you for calling others a dupe. Also it is not just Republicans that make personal attacks on this board. Humorme and The Derp have made several personal attacks on myself without warrant. But I also know you live in a fantasy world. So enjoy the rest of your life.
Actually the Democrats do care for the people, just have been obstructed for 50 years... Obama had 34 days of control and we got Medicaid for the poor workers and a solution for our Healthcare mess given the time... It has to be worked on forever.

Any monkey can work in fast food. You make it sound like it takes a fucking PhD to put burgers and fries into paper bags
Did you miss the whole part about the Democrats do care about people and the middle class and the poor? LOL. McDonald's takes as much intelligence as many jobs at General Motors or any assembly line That pays a lot more...

L
and to think there was once a time when so many of us were begging for those $2.30 hr jobs flipping burgers! and now they want 15 ???

Plus you had to put some effort into getting one of those jobs. Unlike today, nobody was begging you to take it.

Back in the mid 70's, our suburb opened up it's first fast food place. It was a Burger King. Over 1,000 of us (mostly kids) stood in a line for hours under the hot sun to try and get a job there. There were only 12 openings or so, and they all paid minimum wage.
In the seventies minimum wage was what Ray ? Now what would be the amount equivalent to that minimum wage today ?? Would it be $ 8.50 an hour, $ 10.00 an hour, $ 12.50 an hour, $ 15.00 an hour what Ray ???????????????? I mean you were glad they had that MINIMUM WAGE job offered back then, but you now fight to end minimum wage jobs today ?? Just because someone wants to raise the wage up from the period of stagnation it fell into over to many years now, somehow you get angry about it ?? Who are you getting angry for ? Is it only you that gets angry for no one but you in the debating contest or is it your idea of who the rich are in this country that makes you angry when the nation ask them to adjust the bottom wage a bit ? What are they doing to gain your loyalty in order to protect their greed if it is the case that they have been greedy or operating in a greedy way Ray ??
3 dollars an hour in 1980 is about 9.45 today. Not 15.
. Ok, so are we at $9.45 today ??
And the 1968 men wage would be$11 today and today many older people are making a career out of these jobs... Since the GOP refuses to invest in their education and Training, all to save their bloated mega-rich Masters from paying their fair share...

Let's look at it this way. Our GDP is bout 17 Trillion. If you divided that evenly across the 170 million in the workforce, everyone would earn six figures, have a comfortable life and never, ever need to so on welfare.

Instead, we have the top 1% who have 43% of the wealth and the top 20% who have 87% of the wealth.

The ironic thing is you whine about the pittance we pay poor people to not riot, but don't complain about the 40 million retired people living high on the hog with Social Security and Medicare.

And I hate to tell you this but not all skills are equal. Putting burgers and fires into paper bags is not a skill that is worth 6 figures

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If I can train my 9-year-old to do it, it ain't worth $15 an hour. Period.

So if I called you an idiot, which to me is the same as dupe, then that is a political attack? Lol!

An idiot is someone who is stupid whose brain doesn't work right. I say no such thing when I call you a Dupe
Look it up. They ought to change the name of your party to the Greedy Billionaire and Dope Party. You're not stupid or idiotic, you're just not paying attention or the victim of a brilliant gigantic propaganda machine. Get it yet?

I am not a Republican, so you are wrong, I didn’t vote For Trump or Clinton, I have a distaste for fake people. I am not deceived, I realize that neither party looks out for the people. I think you have been duped but I wouldn’t call you a dupe. That is me, I also don’t respect you for calling others a dupe. Also it is not just Republicans that make personal attacks on this board. Humorme and The Derp have made several personal attacks on myself without warrant. But I also know you live in a fantasy world. So enjoy the rest of your life.
Actually the Democrats do care for the people, just have been obstructed for 50 years... Obama had 34 days of control and we got Medicaid for the poor workers and a solution for our Healthcare mess given the time... It has to be worked on forever.

Any monkey can work in fast food. You make it sound like it takes a fucking PhD to put burgers and fries into paper bags
Did you miss the whole part about the Democrats do care about people and the middle class and the poor? LOL. McDonald's takes as much intelligence as many jobs at General Motors or any assembly line That pays a lot more...

So now you are insulting union workers, lol! Why don’t you go to the autoworkers union and tell them how dumb they are.

L,

So now you are insulting union workers, lol! Why don’t you go to the autoworkers union and tell them how dumb they are.
I'm not insulting anyone. The ones who have mindless jobs know it. It's part of what they are being paid for.

L,

I'm not insulting anyone. The ones who have mindless jobs know it. It's part of what they are being paid for.

Good you need to let the autoworkers union know that you compare them to McDonald cooks. Spin baby spin!

L,

Good you need to let the autoworkers union know that you compare them to McDonald cooks. Spin baby spin!
A few of them who work the Mindless jobs which they know all about. But way to go misquoting and using innuendo to try and stir up trouble... You have learned well from Fox and Limbaugh etcetera etcetera propaganda big lie machine...

L,

A few of them who work the Mindless jobs which they know all about. But way to go misquoting and using innuendo to try and stir up trouble... You have learned well from Fox and Limbaugh etcetera etcetera propaganda big lie machine...

You may have a point but I don’t watch or listen to Fox or Limbaugh hater dupe!

I'm committed to finding a better way.
We need strong, functioning, efficient unions, so here's my stab at it:

Let's say there are essentially four overall elements to a union contract (keeping this very basic): Current salaries & benefits, workplace rules, workplace safety and after-work benefits.

I would revise that to maintain current salaries & benefits and workplace safety requirements. I would remove the types of workplace rules that say this guy can't drive that truck, or that guy can't touch these tools. That's ridiculous and inefficient. I would also change retirement benefits to defined contribution/401K with plenty of guidance and safeguards (like annuities and target date mutual funds).

Competition, particularly global competition, has become too competitive for the traditional union structure, yet we still need them. But they have to change.

Thoughts?

I'd like to take some time and think about it.

The problem has been, most of my life, that the unions get a lot of power and make it unprofitable for companies to operate. The attitude that we let big business control everything means suddenly jobs don't pay enough to live on.

Ironically, millions of Americans were brought up by parents that worked jobs that didn't take a tremendous amount of skill. Many people that are 30, 40 and beyond are the children of factory workers, steel workers, and manufacturing businesses.

Not everybody is going to be a Steve Jobs or a Bill Gates. I really don't have the answer. That is why I said, let's give the employer the option of paying higher taxes and hire whomever they want OR pay lower taxes, pay decent wages, and hire Americans. Put a five year limit on the legislation and see what it tells us.

But, I won't marginalize your idea. Even if I don't agree with it at some point, I won't denigrate you or the idea since we're basically wanting the same end result.
. So you are saying in affect that the company (if pays higher in taxes to the government), can then reject the older less technological savy American employee's (laborers), who you think expect more for less skills, and this will be all in favor of companies hiring the cheap laborer who will work the low wage job without complaining ?? So the higher taxes paid in will take care of the fall out found in the huge amount of American employee's out of work ?????

I would rather have Americans working instead of relying on taxes paid in by companies to the government in so that they (companies) can reject hiring Americans over cheap labor hiring.

I'm not sure I understand your question, so I'll explain my position:

The left believes you can simply mandate a minimum wage. But, as wages are forced up by government, business simply raises the prices of goods and services. That don't work.

The working class then rely on unions, but unions begin to make unrealistic demands on employers and end up pricing themselves out of the market. Why else do you think foreign autos are as prevalent as those made in the U.S.?

Then the pro-business guys come along and tell us they want to slash the taxes on business, get rid of regulations and make business profitable and... somehow the wealth trickles down. But, the employers begin to pay Trump change... I mean chump change and then upper middle class to the rich are taxed enough to make up the difference between a joke and amount it takes to meet basic needs.

I say we give employers a choice and then, after five years, extrapolate from it what works. Is it more profitable for corporations to have complete freedom to hire whomever they want and pay what they want OR is it more profitable to incentivize the employer to pay more in wages and hire Americans. I'm NOT suggesting any mandated wage. I'm merely saying that the employer pays less in taxes for paying a higher wage (a percentage over poverty level wages); more tax breaks for higher pay increases; additional tax incentives to get employers to offer employees educational benefits so they don't stay harnessed to a low paying gig.

Currently we're putting older workers out of a job and not providing any incentives for employers to keep them and pay them a realistic wage. And what have I said? Ongoing tax incentives to hire and another tax incentive to pay those long term producing employees a reasonable cost of living adjustment... PLUS tax incentives to get employers to provide educational opportunities and get the motivated among them into higher paying jobs.

L,

Fox Rush Levin heritage Examiner whatever or your right-wing Pals, it's all the same crap.

I'm committed to finding a better way.
We need strong, functioning, efficient unions, so here's my stab at it:

Let's say there are essentially four overall elements to a union contract (keeping this very basic): Current salaries & benefits, workplace rules, workplace safety and after-work benefits.

I would revise that to maintain current salaries & benefits and workplace safety requirements. I would remove the types of workplace rules that say this guy can't drive that truck, or that guy can't touch these tools. That's ridiculous and inefficient. I would also change retirement benefits to defined contribution/401K with plenty of guidance and safeguards (like annuities and target date mutual funds).

Competition, particularly global competition, has become too competitive for the traditional union structure, yet we still need them. But they have to change.

Thoughts?

I'd like to take some time and think about it.

The problem has been, most of my life, that the unions get a lot of power and make it unprofitable for companies to operate. The attitude that we let big business control everything means suddenly jobs don't pay enough to live on.

Ironically, millions of Americans were brought up by parents that worked jobs that didn't take a tremendous amount of skill. Many people that are 30, 40 and beyond are the children of factory workers, steel workers, and manufacturing businesses.

Not everybody is going to be a Steve Jobs or a Bill Gates. I really don't have the answer. That is why I said, let's give the employer the option of paying higher taxes and hire whomever they want OR pay lower taxes, pay decent wages, and hire Americans. Put a five year limit on the legislation and see what it tells us.

But, I won't marginalize your idea. Even if I don't agree with it at some point, I won't denigrate you or the idea since we're basically wanting the same end result.
. So you are saying in affect that the company (if pays higher in taxes to the government), can then reject the older less technological savy American employee's (laborers), who you think expect more for less skills, and this will be all in favor of companies hiring the cheap laborer who will work the low wage job without complaining ?? So the higher taxes paid in will take care of the fall out found in the huge amount of American employee's out of work ?????

I would rather have Americans working instead of relying on taxes paid in by companies to the government in so that they (companies) can reject hiring Americans over cheap labor hiring.

I'm not sure I understand your question, so I'll explain my position:

The left believes you can simply mandate a minimum wage. But, as wages are forced up by government, business simply raises the prices of goods and services. That don't work.

The working class then rely on unions, but unions begin to make unrealistic demands on employers and end up pricing themselves out of the market. Why else do you think foreign autos are as prevalent as those made in the U.S.?

Then the pro-business guys come along and tell us they want to slash the taxes on business, get rid of regulations and make business profitable and... somehow the wealth trickles down. But, the employers begin to pay Trump change... I mean chump change and then upper middle class to the rich are taxed enough to make up the difference between a joke and amount it takes to meet basic needs.

I say we give employers a choice and then, after five years, extrapolate from it what works. Is it more profitable for corporations to have complete freedom to hire whomever they want and pay what they want OR is it more profitable to incentivize the employer to pay more in wages and hire Americans. I'm NOT suggesting any mandated wage. I'm merely saying that the employer pays less in taxes for paying a higher wage (a percentage over poverty level wages); more tax breaks for higher pay increases; additional tax incentives to get employers to offer employees educational benefits so they don't stay harnessed to a low paying gig.

Currently we're putting older workers out of a job and not providing any incentives for employers to keep them and pay them a realistic wage. And what have I said? Ongoing tax incentives to hire and another tax incentive to pay those long term producing employees a reasonable cost of living adjustment... PLUS tax incentives to get employers to provide educational opportunities and get the motivated among them into higher paying jobs.
We no longer have the greatest generation or powerful unions so it's up to the government...... Marketing and business majors are stupid as hell LOL. Only the bottom line and the stockholders matter to those tools and to the GOP.

L,

Fox Rush Levin heritage Examiner whatever or your right-wing Pals, it's all the same crap.

I listen to CNN that is about it, on radio it’s local news on my way home from work, I read my local paper for other news, so those are all crap?

I think with that statement, you are full of crap.

Your problem is that you think people that want to actually succeed are not good people just like you think every person that owns a business is a douche bag. That's your own hang up

No, that's reality. I used to think "That guy is a jerk", but after seeing the same jerky behavior multiple times, I've kind of concluded that is the mentality of people who do that.

And anyone can write a resume by using the same boiler plate software you use or by reading a book on how to do it.

sure they can. And you know what, those are the resumes that get thrown in the trash....

Trust me, I see the "boilerplate" ones and I laugh every time i see them.

But the fact remains no one who has ever accomplished anything worked only 40 hours a week.

And nobody ever said on his deathbed, "Dammit, if I only spent more time at the office".

Like I told you, if I intend to call someone a racial name, I'm capable of saying the word. The first time I ever heard the word thug, it was used by George Wallace (probably before your time.)

You mean George Wallace, the famous segregationist? Was that after people started frowning when he said the N-word openly?

I'm well aware that the whites constitute more welfarites than blacks. In most cases, there is no excuse for it.

I agree, there's no excuse for why the richest country in the world can't provide a living wage for every adult capable of working.

None whatsoever

I'm not going anywhere a******... Only Republicans the silly Dupes believe that is some kind of argument brainwashed functional morons... You don't care about the GOP? You just repeat all of their talking points and stupid insults and vote for them no doubt what
Democracy is doing what the voters want, dingbat. And no we're not talking about texting people like you more just the richest. But nice Pavlov dog reaction, dupe.
Because we need investments in the middle class and the country...
and now you are talking to yourself.

You better go find one of those foreign countries you love so much that has the best socialized mental health care you can find
Jesus you ignorant GOP dupes are so stupid LOL. We only want to improve our beautiful country that you morons have been destroying for 35 years. All to save the rich from paying their fair share, super dupes.
I don't know how many times I have to tell you that I belong to no political party and subscribe to no doctrine but my own.

And the top 10% of earners pay more income tax than the bottom 90% combined so I really don't know what you are whining about.
You are still brainwashed by GOP bulshit propaganda... Which can only talk about federal income tax because if you count all taxes everybody pays about the same between 18 and 29%, and the richest Pay less then much of the middle-class and are getting almost all the new wealth while the country and the middle class go slowly to hell and it is about to get worse. Great job!

State taxes are not the same for everyone even a moron like you should know that.

I only talk about federal taxes because those are the only taxes that affect everyone equally. I don't live in your state ( or at least I hope I don't) so your state taxes are meaningless to me

If you want people to vote for the worth of your cut and paste service you will get what it's worth. Nothing.

actually considering they get people jobs making thousands of dollars, they are worth quite a lot... but never m ind.

And why does a private corporation have to disclose the salary of any employee to the the public?

Why not? Frankly, there's a reason why corporations want to keep salaries a deep dark secret. They don't want the employees to know how badly they are being ripped off.

If you don't like the wage structure of a company then don't work for that company.

Now, the nice thing is, websites like Glassdoor and Salary.com and Indeed make it easier to get an idea of what corporate cultures and salaries are like at companies, so there's that.

Invest in yourself to improve your skills so as to command a higher salary. That is how life works. That is how life has always worked
Only the jobs a moron like you can get pay crap wages.

Anything to save the bloated mega-rich from paying their fair share... Dupe.

Says the guy who pays no federal income tax.

And the GOP refuses to allow training programs for tech jobs and the good jobs and keeps college loans hi rates Etc etcetera?
you do realize you are talking to yourself don't you?

Well you're right about that which is why the quality of our cars sucks as bad as it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back