To those saying flipping burgers or dunking fries deserves 15.00 per hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half the people working at McDonald's are now adults over 50 so raise it!

:link::link::link:

Even if what you say were true, those people are just retirees looking for something to occupy their time. My employer hires retirees for the same reason. I ask them why they are still working, and most of them tell me because their wives are still working and they have nothing to do at home by themselves during the day.

Jobs are not assigned to people, they electively choose those jobs. If you need government to make you worth more money to an employer, chances are you're a real loser and nothing can help you.
Looks like it's probably about 37%... And only getting worse...
Characteristics of minimum wage workers, 2016 : BLS Reports: U.S. ...
Bureau of Labor Statistics (.gov) › opub

In 2016, 78.2 million workers age 16 and older in the United States were paid at hourly ... who usually work fewer than 35 hours per week) were paid the federal minimum wage or less ...

I'm quite experienced with that leftist trick of posting a link hoping nobody would read it. So let me highlight the most important part of YOUR link:

"Among those paid by the hour, 701,000 workers earned exactly the prevailing federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. About 1.5 million had wages below the federal minimum. Together, these 2.2 million workers with wages at or below the federal minimum made up 2.7 percent of all hourly paid workers."

Get that? Less than 3% of our workforce works for (or below) minimum wage.

If a person I see working greater than 30 hours a week, they are working for a living and not a high school kid. People working for a living deserve a living wage. Only in a society that does not value a work this could it be argued otherwise.

I remember when nobody gave two shits about what a child's job designed for children to gain work experience paid.
THEN
We became beanerized...35 year olds stole our kids jobs....and now people want us to pay $12 for a happy meal so Guadalupe and Pedro can feed their five anchor babies, buy their sack of weed, pit bull and Modello....What the fuck happened here people?
They started to listen to bigots I suppose.

You mean bigots like you far left drones?
Learn what bigot means.

If a person I see working greater than 30 hours a week, they are working for a living and not a high school kid. People working for a living deserve a living wage. Only in a society that does not value a work this could it be argued otherwise.

I remember when nobody gave two shits about what a child's job designed for children to gain work experience paid.
THEN
We became beanerized...35 year olds stole our kids jobs....and now people want us to pay $12 for a happy meal so Guadalupe and Pedro can feed their five anchor babies, buy their sack of weed, pit bull and Modello....What the fuck happened here people?
They started to listen to bigots I suppose.

You mean bigots like you far left drones?
Learn what bigot means.

I do and you far left drones are bigots.

Learn what means and stop being one!

In 1973 a McDonalds hamburger cost around 25 cents, a Big Mac was around 54 cents

Mc Donald's has had no problem raising the price of their burgers to match inflation. Workers have not fared as well

View attachment 164037

Even McDonald's acknowledges that their business was intended for children.
Holding businesses that are created with the employment of kids & college students responsible for the poor choices people make in life is wrong. If you're in your mid to late 20's or higher & working for minimum wage you have no one to blame but yourself. You're poor choices should not result in a 10.00 Big Mac or 4 dollar fry.
Prices go up even when wages don't..Derp...
So, blame the employer when their costs increase causing a rise in prices? Not very smart. And if you are a good employee, your wages will increase, but understand in certain fields you will eventually top out, because they can't sustain higher wages or prices. It is your responsibility, if you want more, you have to increase your own skill set one way or another to get intoa field that sustains higher wages. If you don't, it is not the industries fault, but your own.

Wrong. Employers hire whom they can take advantage for added profit.

In 1973 a McDonalds hamburger cost around 25 cents, a Big Mac was around 54 cents

Mc Donald's has had no problem raising the price of their burgers to match inflation. Workers have not fared as well
And in the later '60's early to mid 1970's you actually got free food with their rub off promotion tickets...

I feel for you. You must have had some pretty crappy employers through the years. Not a good judge of character?

Oh, and I do believe there have probably been a few employees through the years that have taken advantage of their employers.
View attachment 164037

Holding businesses that are created with the employment of kids & college students responsible for the poor choices people make in life is wrong. If you're in your mid to late 20's or higher & working for minimum wage you have no one to blame but yourself. You're poor choices should not result in a 10.00 Big Mac or 4 dollar fry.
So, blame the employer when their costs increase causing a rise in prices? Not very smart. And if you are a good employee, your wages will increase, but understand in certain fields you will eventually top out, because they can't sustain higher wages or prices. It is your responsibility, if you want more, you have to increase your own skill set one way or another to get intoa field that sustains higher wages. If you don't, it is not the industries fault, but your own.

View attachment 164037

I am sure that is the way you would run a business..

However companies will hire those that help the business prosper, but only someone that knows about businesses would understand that!

I feel for you. You must have had some pretty crappy employers through the years. Not a good judge of character?

Oh, and I do believe there have probably been a few employees through the years that have taken advantage of their employers.
View attachment 164037

Try the military where they kiss yer arse...

View attachment 164037

However companies will hire those that help the business prosper, but only someone that knows about businesses would understand that!
The CEO and other officers are not shy about wanting and getting overly compensated, even when the company tanks...

“Prosperity Through Lower Wages!”

The reason why the far let wants illegal immigration, they need these illegals to take care of their mansions.
It ain't the left that is hiring them derp...Is Tyson's, Simmon's, Cargill all leftist?...You moron you are blind as well as myopic...

Says the far left drone!

And yet only the far left supports illegal immigration, better look at your party before looking at others!

View attachment 164037

The CEO and other officers are not shy about wanting and getting overly compensated, even when the company tanks...

And? Are you saying Warren Buffet would not do something like this?

“Prosperity Through Lower Wages!”

The reason why the far let wants illegal immigration, they need these illegals to take care of their mansions.
It ain't the left that is hiring them derp...Is Tyson's, Simmon's, Cargill all leftist?...You moron you are blind as well as myopic...

Says the far left drone!

And yet only the far left supports illegal immigration, better look at your party before looking at others!
So Reagan and Daddy Bush were leftist, why those shady bitches....Better tell the historians that the GOP and the righties are always innocent of what they already are know to have done...

View attachment 164037

Now this is a post I can agree with you on.

And? Are you saying Warren Buffet would not do something like this?
Is it a different story for the upper class compared to the plebs?

View attachment 164037

I have noticed those school aged managers....I bet it makes it difficult to a manager of 16 when he wants to use a machine with moving parts but can't because of labor laws...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back