To understand Trump you have to understand New York.

New Yorkers live among eight million people. It's only natural to have to be loud and outrageous just to be heard or even noticed. Like being from a big family.
He's just Joe Pesci. My Cousin Donny.

that is my favorite movie of all time. I crack up no matter how many times I watch it. and it does fit what people think of New Yorkers. that's just how they see them.
My Cousin Donny is your favorite movie? Interesting.
Geez, you're stupid.
Over your head of course. You dumb rube.
speak for yourself, troll.

Just focus on these 2 statements made in the OP:

he is breaking all kinds of records and isn't going away that's for sure. Now he needs to get to what his platform and policies would be if he became President.

He's breaking all kinds of records without anyone knowing his platform.

He's winning a Presidential race and his supporters dont even know what he stands for.

Go ahead and try to tell me these are smart people and not being hyped by the media / celeb

Trump is seen as a clown in NY , a conman, a buffoon , not someone to be taken seriously. they know him all too well. People in flyover trailer land wouldn't last a week in NY

How would you know??? You are a white Southern male. And you were born and raised in Nevada - YOU said so....dont tempt me I have the quote saved.

post the quote i never said you dumb cracker goy, Brooklyn born and still own a home there

I thought this was interesting and sums up Trump pretty much. He is well known from over the years and of course his reality Television, so here he is. like him or hate him: he is breaking all kinds of records and isn't going away that's for sure. Now he needs to get to what his platform and policies would be if he became President.

snip;
Posted by Daniel Greenfield

The conservative consensus around Trump has solidified into, "He's the devil" or "He's our savior." Either Trump is going to destroy the establishment and save us all. Or he's secretly in league with Hillary Clinton to rig the election. There's very little room for the middle ground here.

But Trump isn't either of these things. He's just Trump. And it's important to understand who he is. Instead of the narratives that the different sides are building around him.

Trump seems exotic in a Republican system dominated by D.C. insiders from northeastern suburbs and filled with southern and western candidates. But local politics in New York is filled with guys who have the same blend of liberal-conservative politics and talk and sound just like him.

Giuliani's political career really began with him yelling, "He blames it on me! He blames it on you! Bulls__t" at a police rally. The cops then took over City Hall chanting, "No justice, no police."

Christie's national rise began with the release of videos in which he berated union members and humiliated questioners. Republicans fell in love, at least until the infamous Obama hug happened. And yet the establishment forgets that some of its key members were begging a guy who has the same personality, attitude and style as Trump to run for president before the last election.

Call it New York values, but some of what Trump's critics object to is a New York-Jersey-Philly abrasive political style that puts a premium on "telling it like it is" at the expense of civility and sometimes substance. You can catch Bill O'Reilly doing the same thing on FOX News.

It's disingenuous for the establishment to pretend that Trump is some sort of complete break from civility. It's not. It's just New York Values taken to their most obnoxious extreme. If the establishment thought that President Chris "Numbn__s" Christie had enough class, why not Trump?

But the trouble with the common sense tough guy style in urban politics is that it compensates for weakness elsewhere. Giuliani and Christie were very tough in one specific area. In Giuliani's case that was crime and it was such a major issue for the city that some of his more liberal positions didn't matter. In national politics, those positions did matter when Giuliani ran for president.

But the positions did matter even in local politics. Giuliani did a great job cleaning up the city, but he didn't change the system. Today the city is once again wholly run by the left-wing machine. And if you don't change the system, then all you're doing is buying a little more time.

That's arguably the only thing Republicans have really been doing anyway since FDR.

The other thing to understand about this style of politics is that it reactively taps into the frustrations that people have toward the system. It doesn't offer a political insider critique of it, but a man on the street shout. Sometimes the people doing that understand the issues very well. They're just pitching it at the level of the angry voter.

all of the article here:
Sultan Knish

thanks for the neocon spin.

trust me, most people in new York are not like trump or Giuliani.
why are the dumb flyover cracker rubes so ignorant

Forum List

Back