Tobacco user persecution growing

Tobacco use remains the single largest preventable cause of death and disease in the United States. Cigarette smoking kills more than 480,000 Americans each year, with more than 41,000 of these deaths from exposure to secondhand smoke. It's very important issue, actually.

Cigarette smoking kills no one anywhere ever. Nor does it cause lung cancer. CDC stats say less than 40% of lung cancer patients smoked. For statements like "smoking causes lung cancer" to be true every smoker would be developing lung cancer. For a statement like smoking kills x per year, you'd have to show how the smoking itself led to a death. It's a risk factor, not a cause. But with so many risk factors in an industrialized society, which one finally causes cancer or other conditions is impossible to know. Google 'what things cause cancer' or the like sometime, it's a big list. And since most all of us have multiple risk factors, which one finally does it is going to be impossible to know.

Smoking's just an overt risk factor that isn't pleasant to be downwind of if not smoking. So it makes a good scapegoat and allows all the other risk factor contributors to go on making money from their risk factors while all the media attention is on the smoking one instead of them.

Maybe you should join the 21st century

Head-In-Sand.jpg

The key is language. The terms they're using to villify smoking are false. And since people don't spend as much time on average thinking about what others say, especially on tv, they're not thinking enough about those claims.

If we were serious about banning or controlling dangerous things the first thing we'd ban is gasoline powered engines whose exhaust is far more toxic than ciggies. Then we'd go after alcohol which not only produces damaging health effects, but also increases aggression and violent behaviour. Then we ban fast/junk food which are making us obese costing tax payers billions. But we're not doing any of that. Instead we're picking on one thing among many things as trying to heap all the blame onto it.

Nobody has banned smoking.....you are still free to kill yourself one puff at a time

You are banned from forcing your disgusting habit on others. That is not persecution, it is common sense

And more than fair.

I'll believe it when Unca Kenyan stops taxing BIG TOBACCO (which is really thousands of small farmers) and bans them. Of course we learned banning a product increases the desire for it to quadruple same as in Prohibition, and the rackets boys have another revenue stream....they already traffic in reservation priced cigarettes.

I stopped smoking 9 years ago....just stopped...no gum, no patch, no suicide-hotline....didn't get ornery or miss them at all. Now when I smell a Marlboro it's like a fart and I got around $18K in my pocket not in Philip Morrises. :smoke:

Last edited:
I'll believe it when Unca Kenyan stops taxing BIG TOBACCO (which is really thousands of small farmers) and bans them. Of course we learned banning a product increases the desire for it to quadruple same as in Prohibition, and the rackets boys have another revenue stream....they already traffic in reservation priced cigarettes.

I stopped smoking 9 years ago....just stopped...no gum, no patch, no suicide-hotline....didn't get ornery or miss them at all. Now when I smell a Marlboro it's like a fart and I got around $18K in my pocket not in Philip Morrises. :smoke:

"... stops taxing BIG TOBACCO (which is really thousands of small farmers)..."

What utter nonsense.

The Top Cigarette Companies in the World - TheRichest
The Top 5 Largest International Tobacco Companies
Big Tobacco - Who Owns What Inside The Tobacco Deal FRONTLINE PBS
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/01/tobacco-industry-e-cigarettes_n_3453821.html

:smoke: :cuckoo:

emphyzema & COPD are very costly to treat not to mention mouth & throat cancer.

cigars are the worst BTW- ESPECIALLY indoors.

As dumb as smoking is, chewing has got to the most stupid thing anyone can do.

Oh wait - its bigrebnc1775 ... No surprise there.

Swallow.

Don't spit.

Cuz THAT is just revolting.

Blech.
Spit in the glass because I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks especially if I know they are whinny ass anti tobacco pricks.

I have never hesitated pulling my can of dip out after a fine meal when I sit next to anti smokers
you ever see a pic of some derp who had to have 1/2 of his mouth surgically removed because "dip" had given him mouth cancer? Same result could be achieved by smoking pipes.
Fuck off

^ he put two words together. I'm worried about big derp in that we're going to end up seeing that meltdown queen up in a bell tower somewhere.

I remember shortly after I got to this forum that the 'tard threatened to stab someone. Isn't that right derp boi?

As to the OP, yeah, whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better. Try this experiment- blow your pipe smoke on a living creature and see how they react. I bet dollars to donuts they won't be healthier.

Swallow.

Don't spit.

Blech.
Spit in the glass because I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks especially if I know they are whinny ass anti tobacco pricks.

How terribly sexy to be sitting next to a glass of lumpy brown spit.

Disgusting, which is exactly what I would expect from you.

Exactly.

You know, don't you, you have to pay taxes when you buy that shit.

:rofl:

Honestly, that makes me feel a bit nauseated. Ugh.

:puke:

Swallow.

Don't spit.

Blech.

How terribly sexy to be sitting next to a glass of lumpy brown spit.

Disgusting, which is exactly what I would expect from you.

Exactly.

You know, don't you, you have to pay taxes when you buy that shit.

:rofl:

Honestly, that makes me feel a bit nauseated. Ugh.

:puke:
As I said I don't give a damn, I hope you throw up all night long.

^ he put two words together. I'm worried about big derp in that we're going to end up seeing that meltdown queen up in a bell tower somewhere.

I remember shortly after I got to this forum that the 'tard threatened to stab someone. Isn't that right derp boi?

As to the OP, yeah, whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better. Try this experiment- blow your pipe smoke on a living creature and see how they react. I bet dollars to donuts they won't be healthier.
You better be concern with your life, and leave mine the fuck alone.

Swallow.

Don't spit.

Blech.
Do you pick your nose at the table too?

Swallow.

Don't spit.

Blech.
Do you pick your nose at the table too?
No I don't, but a few anti tobacco people like to blow their noses at the table.

This nation has a long history of zealotry. Prohibition is a good example... Anti-smoking freaks are too.

This nation has a long history of zealotry. Prohibition is a good example... Anti-smoking freaks are too.
Nobody has banned smoking

They are still free to engage in their filthy habit

Forum List

Back