Today's NFC West News...

The Cardinals are an illusion. The mirage will disappear when Seattle puts them out of their misery.

yeah they were a mirage even before last night with stanton at quarterback.Not surprising really that the cards won last night in what will be their last game at the dome in saint louis. Because they keep talking about the Rams defense being so great cause they had back to back shut outs before this game.

But they dont mention who those shutouts came against.Look who they came aggainst.The previously winless chokeland faiders with a rookie quarterback and the redskins with RG3 playing cause mccoy was hurt.facing RG3 is the same as facing the cards third string quarterback they had.

Enjoy this game while you can cards because it WILL be the last one you win the rest of the year.they hung on and survived the win because shaun hill is a joke as a quarterback and Stanton did not get hurt till the beginning of the fourth quarter so they only had to hold on to the lead for one quarter the rest of the game.Had it been early in the first half,the outcome would have been different for sure.

Boy the cards have had it tough this year,they seem snakebitten.

The Cardinals are an illusion. The mirage will disappear when Seattle puts them out of their misery.

yeah they were a mirage even before last night with stanton at quarterback.Not surprising really that the cards won last night in what will be their last game at the dome in saint louis. Because they keep talking about the Rams defense being so great cause they had back to back shut outs before this game.

But they dont mention who those shutouts came against.Look who they came aggainst.The previously winless chokeland faiders with a rookie quarterback and the redskins with RG3 playing cause mccoy was hurt.facing RG3 is the same as facing the cards third string quarterback they had.

Enjoy this game while you can cards because it WILL be the last one you win the rest of the year.they hung on and survived the win because shaun hill is a joke as a quarterback and Stanton did not get hurt till the beginning of the fourth quarter so they only had to hold on to the lead for one quarter the rest of the game.Had it been early in the first half,the outcome would have been different for sure.

Boy the cards have had it tough this year,they seem snakebitten.

It's funny you say that, since based on your previous posts about this game, it definitely was a surprise the Cards won. ;)

The Cardinals aren't an illusion. No one is looking at them as world-beaters or the best team in the league. What they are is a team finding ways to win despite a lot of injuries.

True and the latest injury to Stanton maybe the nail in the Cards coffin. Ryan Lindley career stats is something like no TD and 7 picks.

The Cardinals aren't an illusion. No one is looking at them as world-beaters or the best team in the league. What they are is a team finding ways to win despite a lot of injuries.

True and the latest injury to Stanton maybe the nail in the Cards coffin. Ryan Lindley career stats is something like no TD and 7 picks.

If Stanton misses much time, yes, that could be the straw that breaks the Cardinals' back. Even with Stanton they might not win a playoff game. Still, I think Bruce Arians and that coaching staff deserve a ton of credit for putting the team in the position they are with all the problems they've had.

No TD and 7 picks!!! Sounds like a good title for a cry-in-your-beer country an' western song.........

No TD and 7 picks!!! Sounds like a good title for a cry-in-your-beer country an' western song.........

He woke up screaming from a horrible dream
No TD and 7 picks

His dog was scratching on the door to get out
No TD and 7 picks

He had already pooped and the smell was clear
No TD and 7 picks

The note on the nightstand said she couldn't take it no more
No TD and 7 picks

He was late for work and the truck won't start
No TD and 7 picks

A letter on the door say's he's gota move
No TD and 7 picks

Tried to end it all and his gun just jams
No TD and 7 picks..

I wonder if Kaepernick will be a 9er next season. Two teams in the NFC West plus the Eagles are in need of QBs ...I think he will still be in the NFC but NOT playing for Santa Clara.

I wonder if Kaepernick will be a 9er next season. Two teams in the NFC West plus the Eagles are in need of QBs ...I think he will still be in the NFC but NOT playing for Santa Clara.

Bad Kap might be a good fit in Philly........maybe Chip can turn him into a Good Kap.

It's very hard to say. There are a lot of factors involved. How well does he (and the team) play in the final games this season? Is Harbaugh going to stay or go? Is Roman going to stay or go? Exactly how easily can the Niners release or trade him based on his contract? If they do get rid of Kaepernick, who will they replace him with? How does ownership feel about him? How do his teammates feel about him? There are just too many variables to make an informed guess from outside the organization, I think.

I did like this except from a Dan Hanzus article I read on nfl.com, though :
You can't be serious.

Jets fans are still waiting for the proper successor to Joe Namath. The Browns are about to start their 21st different quarterback since 1999. The Raiders willfully traded for Matt Schaub a few months back! Matt Schaub!

And Niners fans have the audacity to turn their backs on Colin Kaepernick? The 27-year-old QB who almost won a Super Bowl for you two years ago? The same 49ers fans who got Joe Montana and Steve Young in back-to-back decades? Puh-leeze.

Maybe that's the problem. When a team and fan base becomes spoiled at the quarterback position (I'm looking at you, Colts fans), you lose touch with what it's like for the rest of us. You're like the Regular Joe who won the lottery then forgot about all his friends from the old neighborhood.

I get the frustration for Niners fans. Kaepernick has regressed in what has been a deeply unsatisfying season in San Francisco. But Kaepernick remains very much a part of the solution going forward. Remember what mom used to say: appreciate what you have.

He's as good as gone.

Oakland will be getting a new coach and GM, I think Harbaugh is a candidate for that job.

Kap will probably be a 49er next season, a lot of money has been invested in him, to just cut or trade him now, doesn't seem like a good idea.

Oakland will be getting a new coach and GM, I think Harbaugh is a candidate for that job.

Kap will probably be a 49er next season, a lot of money has been invested in him, to just cut or trade him now, doesn't seem like a good idea.

Sometimes a talented player just isn't a good fit in a certain system and on a certain team. In the case of one Percy Harvin nobody says that he isn't a talented football player. The Hawks HAD to trade him at the worst time imaginable and got nothing like he was paid or lost in the trade. Still the Hawks are a better team without him. AND now that makes Carroll and Schneider look like geniuses for going out on a limb to take the chance that getting rid of him at such a huge cost and that it would make the team a winner again.

Kaepernick could be traded in the off season when teams are all looking to fill their needs. He might very well be worth quite a lot to the right team. It's not like he hasn't had success. There are a lot of QBs playing right now that have done worse.

I believe that first the 9ers need to settle on their OC and HC path for next season and beyond. The new Head Coach and Offensive Co-ordinator's, if indeed they(Jimmy and Roman) are going to be replaced, may see value in Kaepernick and think he is a good fit for THEIR system. Then there is the opinion of the 9er's GM to consider. I haven't seen much to indicate the 9er's GM's position on his starting QB.

Last edited:

Not sure if Kaepernick could make it with any team without a real good supporting cast. He sure in the hell couldn't if he played for the likes of team at the bottom of the heap.

Trade? Would you trade a high draft pick for him, I wouldn't. Harbaugh reputation has been hurt by his trading Smith and keeping Kappy. With out a strong supporting cast Kaepernck would be another Johnny$$Manziel or a Tebow.

Sometimes a talented player just isn't a good fit in a system on on a team. In the case of one Percy Harvin nobody says that he isn't a talented football player. The Hawks HAD to trade him at the worst time imaginable and got nothing like he was paid or lost in the trade. Still the Hawks are a better team without him. AND now that makes Carroll and Schneider look like geniuses for going out on a limb to take the chance that getting rid of him at such a huge cost and that it would make the team a winner again.

Kaepernick could be traded in the off season when teams are all looking to fill their needs. He might very well be worth quite a lot to the right team. It's not like he hasn't had success. There are a lot of QBs playing right now that have done worse.

I believe that first the 9ers need to settle on their OC and HC path for next season and beyond. The new Head Coach and Offensive Co-ordinator's, if indeed they(Jimmy and Roman) are going to be replaced, may see value in Kaepernick and think he is a good fit for THEIR system. Then there is the opinion of the 9er's GM to consider. I haven't seen much to indicate the 9er's GM's position on his starting QB.
agreed that carrol and schneider are starting to look smart for trading harvin at the worst possible time in the season however it could very well bite them in the playoffs in the fact that they now have no reliable kickoff or punt returner.what the hell is up putting walters back there,a white boy? I cant ever recall in recent NFL history of a championship team having a white boy for a kick returner.:cuckoo:

He is worthless.He cant break tacklers like golden tate or harvin always did.He is no threat whatsoever.He always gets taken down the second he catches the ball because he is a white boy who has no speed incapable of escaping anybody when he catches the ball.:cuckoo:

I would think carrol would surely find somebody who isnt a white boy to take the kickoffs.richardson for example.the fastest guy not only on the team but maybe in the league and they dont even use him where he could really be a factor.:cuckoo:

Trade? Would you trade a high draft pick for him, I wouldn't. Harbaugh reputation has been hurt by his trading Smith and keeping Kappy. With out a strong supporting cast Kaepernck would be another Johnny$$Manziel or a Tebow.

Comparing Kap to Tebow or Manziel? That isn't close, Kap could have had a future had he developed, he has stepped backward this year. I wouldn't trade for him but who knows with GMs.

Forum List

Back