Todays Obama Speech On Debt & Shutdown. He Never Gave Us Any Figures,Stats & Numbers.

:stupid:
Have any of us ever seen a President who seems to only give speeches to the 20% of Americans who are clueless in regards to what is really going on with our debt and stagnant economy?
Have you noticed that since Obama took office, he has never mentioned the total of our national debt? {unlike he did when he was campaigning}
Can we assume we will never hear the phrase "We As A Nation Now Owe 17 Trillion Dollars"?
Ever?
He never mentioned the 225 Billion in revenues that come into the government each month and that 18 Billion goes to paying the interest of the debt.
:smoke:
And what does Burning a home that's for sale got to do with the current crisis that he created?
:hmpf:

actually I think you have a ear that doesn't listen... I myself have heard him say many time about the 17 trillion dollar debt ... he has also mention that sense he's been in off that the budget deficit has dropped from 1.3 trillion to about 700 billion ... something you on the right never mention and deny strongly, like it doesn't exist... why is that ???

Why is that? That is not something you should boast about. You’re supposed to boast when things are getting better, not when they’re getting worse more slowly.

what does Reagan got to do with all of this? we weren't being forced to buy health-care and watching the economy going down the toilet when Reagan was President,,,,,actually many of us did during the Carter years.

Oh how the uninformed stay uninformed ... reagan had the highest unemployment to date ... Under reagan started the down fall of the banking and insurance companies from bill he sign into law ... Under reagan more of his administration went to jail then any administration to date ... more then Nixion had ... one other thing it was Carter that got the hostages released from Iran and reagan had nothing to do with the Berlin wall coming down ...

Unemployment fell from a high of 10.8 percent to 5.3 percent under Reagan.

if any issue is holding america hostage , its being forced to by health-care.

don't you mean "buy healthy care" ... how is buying health care costing americans tax payers hirer taxes can you explain that one to us all

Didn't the Supreme Court call it a TAX?
After Justice Roberts rewrote it according to Obama's SECOND argument...after the "Commerce Clause" Argument was rejected.

Roberts was a WUSS in this.

Todays Obama Speech On Debt & Shutdown. He Never Gave Us Any Figures,Stats & Numbers.
He doesn't need to give "Figures,Stats & Numbers" because this isn't about that. It's about a bunch of dickhead extortionists who've gone beyond a mere hissy fit and are now threatening to fuck everything up if they don't get their way.
My God, you can literally smell the panic in your post.

"MY GOD, THEY ARE KILLING THE GOVERNMENT!!! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?"

:cuckoo:

Oh how the uninformed stay uninformed ... reagan had the highest unemployment to date ... Under reagan started the down fall of the banking and insurance companies from bill he sign into law ... Under reagan more of his administration went to jail then any administration to date ... more then Nixion had ... one other thing it was Carter that got the hostages released from Iran and reagan had nothing to do with the Berlin wall coming down ...

Oh, so that's why the Americans were held hostage for 444 days, President Carter hadn't gotten around to them yet, or he was using that time to figure out what to really do about it? I mean, just how bad do you want to make that man out to be?

any way you want to look at it he got them released ... under reagan he said he would get the unemployment numbers down by the ole trickle down effect ... and that didn't work either ... they went up from 7.9 to 11% whys that ??? I mean you want to drag dem leaders through the mud all the time but when we point out a screw up by the republicans its always well so and so did this ... you can't seem to explain why...

I was around during Carter, I witnessed the days of the "odd / even" plates during the gas shortage. I remembered the crash from a military helicopter from a sand storm, a failed military attempt to free the hostages. Carter didn't have a lot of confidence in himself, unable to lead our country through a crisis. The hostage situation was a struggling failure, had he shown strong leadership skills he wouldn't have suffered a near landslide loss to Ronald Reagan.

As for your other point - Unemployment never reached 11% under President Reagan, you need to recheck those figures of yours. At its highest point in 1982, it remained for only a period of 10 months and had been steadily dropping every year since until finally reaching just above 5%. This time in his Presidency unemployment was just over 7% of FULL employment, and it steadily began to decrease WITHOUT a not-so-shovel-ready $787 BILLION stimulus. Seemed to have developed into a stronger economy, without the increase in food stamps and unemployment extensions over jobs that Obama has as a part of HIS Presidential legacy.

Have any of us ever seen a President who seems to only give speeches to the 20% of Americans who are clueless in regards to what is really going on with our debt and stagnant economy?
Have you noticed that since Obama took office, he has never mentioned the total of our national debt? {unlike he did when he was campaigning}
Can we assume we will never hear the phrase "We As A Nation Now Owe 17 Trillion Dollars"?
Ever?
He never mentioned the 225 Billion in revenues that come into the government each month and that 18 Billion goes to paying the interest of the debt.
And what does Burning a home that's for sale got to do with the current crisis that he created?

actually I think you have a ear that doesn't listen... I myself have heard him say many time about the 17 trillion dollar debt ... he has also mention that sense he's been in off that the budget deficit has dropped from 1.3 trillion to about 700 billion ... something you on the right never mention and deny strongly, like it doesn't exist... why is that ???

I just looked it up, and while I might be wrong it looks like the total annual deficit was right at 900 billion. Again, Obama has the FEDR spending over 1 trillion a year on stimulus, meaning the deficit spending is really 1.9 trillion. The FEDR has never done that before.

Also consider that a few months back Obama bots were projecting as low as a 400 billion dollar annual deficit. For what i can tell that was incredibly wrong. Obama is still, 5 years later, spending far more than bush did. Bush, one of the worst Presidents in US history.

Ever?

This president is all about putting on a good act, touring the country in an attempt to change the perception on the economy to those who don't have the time (or care) to verify the facts for themselves. Whether it be through a talk show television appearance or on his own pep rally tour across the country, he is taking advantage of a media that sways away from asking the tough questions regarding this administration and the true state of the economy.

Here is a little known fact that seems to magically slip away from any media attention that claims to be concerned about the state of this country.

The Congressional Budget Office projects that over his 8 years in office, the Administration will have engaged in $7.5 trillion in deficit-spending and the national debt will almost double.

http://www.chrissstreetandcompany.com/2013/02/misery-index-soar/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back