Toledo teen arrested for bringing loaded gun to school

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -

A 17-year-old was arrested after bringing a loaded weapon to a Toledo Public School Tuesday.

Around 11 a.m., a TPS school resource officer responded to a call about a possible student with a handgun at Westfield School on Western Avenue in south Toledo.

When officers confronted the student, he confirmed he had a loaded gun. Police say the recovery of the weapon went smoothly. They say the serial code on the weapon had been tampered with. The suspect was then arrested and charged with carrying a concealed weapon, conveyance of deadly weapon on school grounds, and possession of a tampered firearm.
The obvious question for the anti-gun loons:
What sort of gun control would have prevented this?

A 17-year-old was arrested after bringing a loaded weapon to a Toledo Public School Tuesday.

Around 11 a.m., a TPS school resource officer responded to a call about a possible student with a handgun at Westfield School on Western Avenue in south Toledo.

When officers confronted the student, he confirmed he had a loaded gun. Police say the recovery of the weapon went smoothly. They say the serial code on the weapon had been tampered with. The suspect was then arrested and charged with carrying a concealed weapon, conveyance of deadly weapon on school grounds, and possession of a tampered firearm.
What's the problem here? Guns are for protection...

It seems as if a tragedy was avoided.

And why are we "anti-gun loons"? Could you please refer to us a "pro child safety advocates"?

Or are you not merely a "pro gun loon" but an "anti child safety advocate"?

Stupid point brought up in the OP, gun nuts have a pattern they fellow, pull out stories of gun shootings to somehow disprove regulations as being bad.. Ok, what's your solution, remove regulations and gun Control? Reduce it? Fucking nuts.

What? No sound response to the question asked in the OP?
Unsurprising.

What? No sound response to the question asked in the OP?
Unsurprising.
Law you ask? How about anyone caught with handgun in their hand who is under 18 goes to into detention for a year, minimum. A gun around other kids, two years. And the adult who didn't have the gun locked, a $10,000 fine for victims of gun violence. No questions asked or excuses accepted. Problem solved, mostly.

Looks like the "gun laws" worked out pretty well. The kid was arrested before anything terrible happened.

Looks like the "gun laws" worked out pretty well. The kid was arrested before anything terrible happened.
I want to hear the OP's solution.. It seems these gun nutters want to end all gun control..

:lol:
Yes... the kid had a gun, he carried it concealed, and he brought it into a school - all in violation of the law.
He was arrested because a school official was notified by another student that he had the gun.
Sounds like they worked perfectly.

Stupid point brought up in the OP....
What point was brought up in the OP?
Yes. That's my question.
Do you have a sound response?
This is a hilarious way to argue that holds no merit, gun control will never completely remove gun violence, so many guns are already in people's hands and all the other shit. However, gun control is meant to reduce violence, without any, who knows how many school shootings we would have to deal with..

Stupid point brought up in the OP....
Yes. That's my question.
This is a hilarious way to argue that holds no merit...
So... you do not have a sound response to my question.
Thank you.
I did give you a sound response, it's not my fault you rely on idiotic fallacies.

Yes... the kid had a gun, he carried it concealed, and he brought it into a school - all in violation of the law.
He was arrested because a school official was notified by another student that he had the gun.

The only applicability that "gun control laws" would have on this situation depend on how he got the gun - which we don't know anything about.

I know you're trying really hard for the "gotcha", but it's just not there.

You are just (inexplicably) trying to use this almost-tragedy as a political football.

Yes. That's my question.
Thank you.
I did give you a sound response,
This is, of course, a lie.
You offered no suggestion whatsoever as to what sort of gun control law would have stopped this crime.
You, in fact, declined to suggest any such law because you understand that thee is no such law.
And then, you'll argue for more gun control.

Yes. That's my question.
Thank you.
I did give you a sound response,
This is, of course, a lie.
You offered no suggestion whatsoever as to what sort of gun control law would have stopped this crime.
You, in fact, declined to suggest any such law because you understand that thee is no such law.
And then, you'll argue for more gun control.
Take on this one then:

Law you ask? How about anyone caught with handgun in their hand who is under 18 goes to into detention for a year, minimum. A gun around other kids, two years. And the adult who didn't have the gun locked, a $10,000 fine for victims of gun violence. No questions asked or excuses accepted. Problem solved, mostly.

The only applicability that "gun control laws" would have on this situation depend on how he got the gun - which we don't know anything about.
So... the laws against a minor carrying a concealed weapon and the laws against having a weapon in a school do not apply?
Why do we have these laws, if not to prevent situations like this?

Forum List

Back