Tomorrow Is September 11th. What Is The President Doing To Keep Us Safe From Terrorism?

We all know what happened on September 11th, 2001. There's no need to explain in detail the carnage radical Islamic terrorists inflicted on American soil that day. ...

I'm impressed that the OP got all the way to the second line of his OP before twisting a political act into a religious one.

Baby steps ...

I'm impressed you actually managed to read that far.

I'm also impressed that you managed to get through an entire post and not call me any names. Golden star for you! They do these things in the name of Islam, care to prove to the contrary? And no, Obama saying "ISIS isn't Islamic" does not count.

Baby steps...

"Call you names"? What do I look like, Quantum Kazbag? :lol:

Thought you might ask me why I said that. I'll tell you anyway.

Wherever you got this idea that 9/11 was some kind of "religious" attack -- and I know somebody out there fed it to you -- you need to understand the reason it was characterized and revised that way.

The actual horrific events of 9/11 are in no way uncertain or in question. We know what went down. What's malleable is the "why". Shifting an act of political terrorism into the realm of the religious has a specific manipulative purpose.

A political act results, predictably, out of a political history - international politics in this case. Understanding that background requires a great deal of study of contexts and history. You have to navigate all kinds of complexities including your own country's part in that history, and what it means here, and what it means there, and third parties, and fourth parties, in order to grok the "why" of it. That produces a large swath of POVs and contingencies and mitigating factors. It can make the brain hurt.

But convert the same political act into a religious one, and eeeeeverything suddenly gets much easier. Now you can sell the despised religion as the enemy -- no matter if the perpetrators weren't even religious people if you can sell them as adherents to that religion, you sell the idea of "Evil". Evil is a base emotion, divorced from the rational, and serves as a tool to open up the can of Rabid that you want from the populace.

The Rabid that you want, that is, if you're trying to sell a war. You can't start a war with rationality. The concept "Evil" is an advertising tool, just as fast food stores paint their environment red because it makes people hungry. As an emotion, fear is a gut reaction. It shoots first and asks questions later (if at all). And that's what the advertiser wants -- the image (perception) of the Emmanuel Goldstein entity as the embodiment of pure Evil, to be despised and eradicated from the planet.

And it begins with simple terminology -- truth is always the first casualty in warmongering. You don't have to sell 9/11 as a "religious" basis --- it's already been sold to you in the phrase "Islamic militants" and you dutifully ingested and did what you were expected to do --- passed it on to the Grand Meme. That serves as one more affirmation.

And that's what they want.

So carry on.

Don't lecture me. This isn't Political Correctness 101, this is reality. Liberals like you have to rationalize your own passivity because you have no real basis to justify why you are. You have to twist the meaning of what 'evil' is to fit it to your own concept of evil. "Don't call them radical Islamists" or "those people aren't religious" or "evil isn't evil" is preposterous. Spare me this PC nonsense. I am a libertarian and I hate unjustified wars, but even I see the danger this group poses to the world. You? You simply disagree just to disagree. War is always bad and never will work to solve anything.

So, people who do harm to us and others in the name of Islam aren't religious? Is that what I'm getting here? That what ISIS did was a political move? That those radical Islamists flew three planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon for political reasons? What? Are you insane? "You can't start a war with rationality" you say. Nor can you start one with a red line, either. So, for example if a political act in America involved killing people, then we would all be dead. Correct? There went the entirety of your argument, right there.

Pogo, let me let you in on a secret. When people behead two Americans, that's evil. When they purposefully kill Christians who don't convert to Islam, they are evil. When they rape and force their women into unwanted marriages, that's evil. Evils like that only exists once in a generation with Hitler, Pol Pot, and Mao being a some examples. Also, look at their name: Islamic State of Iraq and Syria/Libya. They invoke the name of Islam in their very name! Listen to yourself!

For the record, they turned this into a religious issue when they started on a genocidal campaign against Christians in Iraq. They are indeed radical, simply because another radical group, al-Qaeda disowned them. When al-Qaeda disowns one of it's offshoots, you just how evil they really are. You sound like you don't want them to be killed. I can only take it that you are defending them. For your sake, I hope you aren't. There need not be any historical context to know that ISIS/L is the manifestation of pure evil in this world.

You have a very funny sense of what evil is, Pogo. So what exactly is evil in your eyes? You simply don't understand the gravity of this situation. Your rationale is quite frankly disturbing. Your generalizations of evil are easy to see. I call them what they are. Radical Islamists. Looking for the gray area between the black and white is not always a good thing. Now, go report to the Chief of the PC Police, tell him you failed to catch the bad guy who called them Radical Islamists. I will say what I want, however I want to. It does not mean I swallowed anything anyone else said. Only blind people hang on every word the establishment says.

I don't blithely follow any political party. I follow my own path, you had better understand that. I stopped playing the lemming a long time ago.

Good. Good. Let the emotion flow through you. That's what they want..

Need a hand with that?

Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg

We all know what happened on September 11th, 2001. There's no need to explain in detail the carnage radical Islamic terrorists inflicted on American soil that day. ...

I'm impressed that the OP got all the way to the second line of his OP before twisting a political act into a religious one.

Baby steps ...

I'm also impressed that you managed to get through an entire post and not call me any names. Golden star for you! They do these things in the name of Islam, care to prove to the contrary? And no, Obama saying "ISIS isn't Islamic" does not count.

Baby steps...

Wherever you got this idea that 9/11 was some kind of "religious" attack -- and I know somebody out there fed it to you -- you need to understand the reason it was characterized and revised that way.

The actual horrific events of 9/11 are in no way uncertain or in question. We know what went down. What's malleable is the "why". Shifting an act of political terrorism into the realm of the religious has a specific manipulative purpose.

A political act results, predictably, out of a political history - international politics in this case. Understanding that background requires a great deal of study of contexts and history. You have to navigate all kinds of complexities including your own country's part in that history, and what it means here, and what it means there, and third parties, and fourth parties, in order to grok the "why" of it. That produces a large swath of POVs and contingencies and mitigating factors. It can make the brain hurt.

But convert the same political act into a religious one, and eeeeeverything suddenly gets much easier. Now you can sell the despised religion as the enemy -- no matter if the perpetrators weren't even religious people if you can sell them as adherents to that religion, you sell the idea of "Evil". Evil is a base emotion, divorced from the rational, and serves as a tool to open up the can of Rabid that you want from the populace.

The Rabid that you want, that is, if you're trying to sell a war. You can't start a war with rationality. The concept "Evil" is an advertising tool, just as fast food stores paint their environment red because it makes people hungry. As an emotion, fear is a gut reaction. It shoots first and asks questions later (if at all). And that's what the advertiser wants -- the image (perception) of the Emmanuel Goldstein entity as the embodiment of pure Evil, to be despised and eradicated from the planet.

And it begins with simple terminology -- truth is always the first casualty in warmongering. You don't have to sell 9/11 as a "religious" basis --- it's already been sold to you in the phrase "Islamic militants" and you dutifully ingested and did what you were expected to do --- passed it on to the Grand Meme. That serves as one more affirmation.

So carry on.

Don't lecture me. This isn't Political Correctness 101, this is reality. Liberals like you have to rationalize your own passivity because you have no real basis to justify why you are. You have to twist the meaning of what 'evil' is to fit it to your own concept of evil. "Don't call them radical Islamists" or "those people aren't religious" or "evil isn't evil" is preposterous. Spare me this PC nonsense. I am a libertarian and I hate unjustified wars, but even I see the danger this group poses to the world. You? You simply disagree just to disagree. War is always bad and never will work to solve anything.

So, people who do harm to us and others in the name of Islam aren't religious? Is that what I'm getting here? That what ISIS did was a political move? That those radical Islamists flew three planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon for political reasons? What? Are you insane? "You can't start a war with rationality" you say. Nor can you start one with a red line, either. So, for example if a political act in America involved killing people, then we would all be dead. Correct? There went the entirety of your argument, right there.

Pogo, let me let you in on a secret. When people behead two Americans, that's evil. When they purposefully kill Christians who don't convert to Islam, they are evil. When they rape and force their women into unwanted marriages, that's evil. Evils like that only exists once in a generation with Hitler, Pol Pot, and Mao being a some examples. Also, look at their name: Islamic State of Iraq and Syria/Libya. They invoke the name of Islam in their very name! Listen to yourself!

For the record, they turned this into a religious issue when they started on a genocidal campaign against Christians in Iraq. They are indeed radical, simply because another radical group, al-Qaeda disowned them. When al-Qaeda disowns one of it's offshoots, you just how evil they really are. You sound like you don't want them to be killed. I can only take it that you are defending them. For your sake, I hope you aren't. There need not be any historical context to know that ISIS/L is the manifestation of pure evil in this world.

You have a very funny sense of what evil is, Pogo. So what exactly is evil in your eyes? You simply don't understand the gravity of this situation. Your rationale is quite frankly disturbing. Your generalizations of evil are easy to see. I call them what they are. Radical Islamists. Looking for the gray area between the black and white is not always a good thing. Now, go report to the Chief of the PC Police, tell him you failed to catch the bad guy who called them Radical Islamists. I will say what I want, however I want to. It does not mean I swallowed anything anyone else said. Only blind people hang on every word the establishment says.

I don't blithely follow any political party. I follow my own path, you had better understand that. I stopped playing the lemming a long time ago.

Good. Good. Let the emotion flow through you. That's what they want.

Yes, yes, let the bullshit flow through you. That's what the establishment wants.

Need a hand with that?

Elevator-590-LA.jpg

Hey, I take it you didn't read my post either? Speed readers need not apply. Thanks for proving how lazy you are.

Last edited:
And Pogo, will you answer the charge that you are defending ISIS with your essay?

Templar, if you feel so strongly about this then join up. What have you done to keep america safe?

Why so quiet? A LOT of liberals must be stunned at this speech.
TK it never ceases to amaze WHY you think liberals ignore your threads. I'll admit your technical writing skills are better than the average conservative on this site, but that doesn't even come close to make up for your blatant use of logical fallacy. Your posts are all fluff and no substance.

Why is this thread of yours just as stupid as the rest? Because you expect Obama alone to protect you for the next 24 hours. Whenever you cons dislike a president you expect him to be some sort of jack of all trade badass who must save the world. Anything less than that and he is a failure. It's just moronic.

Let's just all hope he does not cut and run at the first sign of trouble, like a former President did when marines died in Lebanon. Now that was tough conservative leadership.

And Pogo, will you answer the charge that you are defending ISIS with your essay?

STILL moving that goalpost? How far you goin'??
Read your OP again... starting with the title...

Oh by the way -- know how you made reference to a terrorist camp in Commerce?

I had a terrorist, a real one who had already bombed and killed people, multiple times, living near me, fishing in dumpsters of stores that I go to, in towns I regularly drive through, for some five years. He had his own network of allies who kept him under cover. What are we doing about those guys?

His name was Eric Rudolph. A "Catholicist militant".

Last edited:

Baby steps ...

Baby steps...

So carry on.

Good. Good. Let the emotion flow through you. That's what they want.

Yes, yes, let the bullshit flow through you. That's what the establishment wants.

Need a hand with that?

Elevator-590-LA.jpg

Hey, I take it you didn't read my post either? Speed readers need not apply. Thanks for proving how lazy you are.

Didn't need to. I stopped at the first blatant fallacy.

What, did you want me to take them ALL on? You don't pay me enough. The first one kind of undermines everything that follows anyway. Why continue building when you see you're building on a swamp?

My post had nothing in the world to do with O'bama anyway. So there's another one.

We all know what happened on September 11th, 2001. There's no need to explain in detail the carnage radical Islamic terrorists inflicted on American soil that day. On the eve of the 13th Anniversary of those attacks, you must ask yourself: What is Obama, more rather, what is our government doing to keep America safe from terrorism? Nothing. So far Obama has done more to promote it that to cull it.

So I ask all of you: What is the President and the US doing to keep the US safe from terrorism?

I'm going to answer this with my view of the world.

First you start with the question, what are terrorists?
Generally terrorists are people who have gone against a govt or several. Usually this is because the govt has treated these people badly in some way.

You can look at the IRA, ETA, the Chechens, even the founding fathers, all of them had suffered, in some way or another, at the hand of the govt, enough for them to want to take up arms.

The history of the West, mostly Britain, France and in the 20th Century, the US when it comes to Muslim countries is one where Muslims have suffered.
I read a book about Afghanistan called
th

The title sums up British policy in Afghanistan, for example, where Jihad in its modern form appears to have started, and succeeded not once, but three times against the British, and against the Soviets too.
If I were to write a list of Muslim countries who suffered at the hands of the colonialists it would be just about every Muslim country bar Saudi Arabia, because it was just a barren desert then decided to buddy up with the US when oil was found.

So, moving on to what Obama has done. Well I guess you have to look at what Bush did. Islamic extremism in the 1990s and before existed to a certain extent, it wasn't that powerful, but Bush took it to a new level. 9/11 happened, not as a result of Bush's policies, but it happened because of what had happened before.

Bush, though, was keen on a new common enemy to replace the USSR. China was a possibility, but when 9/11 happened Bush went out of his way to make Islam this new common enemy. al Qaeda was a key word, it gave the "War on Terror" a traditional feel, a enemy that could be targeted, made people feel warm that "something was being done", same with Afghanistan.

Here's a video of Bush saying key phrases a lot.

It's interesting to see this manifest, in say, far right Nazi/fascist parties in Europe. Before they were anti-Semitic, or anti-black. Now they love to be anti-Muslim to, it legitimised, to a certain extent, their racism, all of a sudden they weren't choosing something people looked down on, they were fighting the same fight as the US and British govts.

So by the time Bush's term had finished, extremist muslim groups

Muslim Statistics Terrorism - WikiIslam

"In the decade since 9/11, fatalities from terrorist attacks have increased by 195 per cent, incidents by 460 per cent and injuries by 224 per cent."

Hardly surprising seeing as Bush vilified Muslims, and on a constant basis, basically sending out the message that Islam is the enemy, so it became the enemy.

In Iraq Bush formented Islamic extremism even more, this alongside Afghanistan, Chechnya, Xinjiang in China, and other such places that were cracking down on Islam, but were doing so from the side of wrong, not right.
His "nation building" policy in Iraq left a power vacuum that was easily filled by Islamic extremists, with help from neighboring Iran and other countries.

So what did Obama do?

Well he stopped vilifying Islam. He stopped making it the target of the US's aggression. Libya was a big mistake, as Syria would have been too. McCain was extremely vocal on Libya, criticising Obama for not going in soon enough. Obama shouldn't have gone in, but I think the pressure got to him, a big mistake.
Syria was easier because the British govt among others showed the way forwards, give congressmen the vote and see what happens, it's not your fault, and congressmen wouldn't go in for a war with no oil policy to placate people with anyway.

The Republicans would have gone in, supporting the Islamic extremists, once again, and thereby helping terrorism even more.

The problem for Obama is that he can't fix the wound that Bush made, it's too big, it's gone too far. He can help reduce the effects, he can defend when he needs to defend and keep out when it's necessary to keep out.

I don't agree with a lot of what he's done, but his withdrawing from being the arrogant supposed police force that only invades OPEC countries because of US interests, while claiming other stuff, has been one of his best policies, even if at times it's not always consistent.

We all know what happened on September 11th, 2001. There's no need to explain in detail the carnage radical Islamic terrorists inflicted on American soil that day. On the eve of the 13th Anniversary of those attacks, you must ask yourself: What is Obama, more rather, what is our government doing to keep America safe from terrorism? Nothing. So far Obama has done more to promote it that to cull it.

Yes, it has been 13 years and we haven't had another terrorist attack on our soil since then, but what do you think will happen when a president foolishly donates money to terrorist groups such as Hamas and al-Qaeda? Well, he's asking for trouble; and trouble has already reached our shores and is pervading the very essence of our homeland.

Tonight, I learned that there is a radical Islamic terrorist training camp not 30 miles from my home, it has been there since 2007. Yes, 30 miles, in the city of Commerce, Georgia. These terrorists call themselves Jamaat al-Fuqra. And they really do exist. They have 11 suspected compounds throughout the southeast, including three here in Georgia alone. More information can be found here. Although they have not carried out acts of violence on the citizenry, it is only a matter of time before they could potentially do. However, I hope for my sake and the sakes citizens in my area, that I am wrong. They could be in your backyard, your neighborhood, and you would never know. That my friends should alarm you.

Obama isn't doing enough to stop the terrorist threat in America. Lets suppose you have a terrorist camp near you? It angers me, and it should anger all of you, that there are terrorist cells springing up all over America. So as you sit down to hear our President speak to the nation tonight about how to deal with ISIS, keep in mind his failure to stop them as they rampaged through Iraq and Syria. Keep in mind his eagerness to pull our troops out of Iraq when the mission was not accomplished; and how it gave birth to this barbaric terrorist group who beheaded two American journalists. His foreign policy is a failure. And he himself admitted he 'had no strategy.' Does he now have one? We will see tonight.

So I ask all of you: What is the President and the US doing to keep the US safe from terrorism?

We never got hit on Obama's watch.

Yes, it has been 13 years and we haven't had another terrorist attack on our soil since then, but what do you think will happen when a president foolishly donates money to terrorist groups such as Hamas and al-Qaeda? Well, he's asking for trouble; and trouble has already reached our shores and is pervading the very essence of our homeland.

Tonight, I learned that there is a radical Islamic terrorist training camp not 30 miles from my home, it has been there since 2007. Yes, 30 miles, in the city of Commerce, Georgia. These terrorists call themselves Jamaat al-Fuqra. And they really do exist. They have 11 suspected compounds throughout the southeast, including three here in Georgia alone. More information can be found here. Although they have not carried out acts of violence on the citizenry, it is only a matter of time before they could potentially do. However, I hope for my sake and the sakes citizens in my area, that I am wrong. They could be in your backyard, your neighborhood, and you would never know. That my friends should alarm you.

Obama isn't doing enough to stop the terrorist threat in America. Lets suppose you have a terrorist camp near you? It angers me, and it should anger all of you, that there are terrorist cells springing up all over America. So as you sit down to hear our President speak to the nation tonight about how to deal with ISIS, keep in mind his failure to stop them as they rampaged through Iraq and Syria. Keep in mind his eagerness to pull our troops out of Iraq when the mission was not accomplished; and how it gave birth to this barbaric terrorist group who beheaded two American journalists. His foreign policy is a failure. And he himself admitted he 'had no strategy.' Does he now have one? We will see tonight.

I beg your pardon?

Terrorism in the United States - Wikipedia

I beg your pardon?

Lone wolves?

I beg your pardon?

Lone wolves?

90% of them were Americans killing Americans.

I beg your pardon?

Lone wolves?

A lone wolf or wolves in packs. The number is irrelevant.

Terrorism is the act of instilling fear and terror through acts of violence or intimidation. There is no minimum or maximum number of assailants. In that OP, I made the error of assuming terrorism only originated from the middle east and nowhere else. People can be inspired here in America by those ideologies to commit terroristic acts of violence.

So, to say we were 'never hit on Obama's watch' is wrong.

Lone wolves in America inspired to violence by jihadist ideologies in the middle east? Still terrorism. Some white supremacist shooting up a black church? Still terrorism.

I beg your pardon?

Lone wolves?

90% of them were Americans killing Americans.

As of June 30, 2019, 196 mass shootings have occurred in 2019

There are 154 days left in the year

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

11:01 AM - 8 Nov 2013

Forum List

Back