Jimmy Carter is the worst president in US history

The fact is that when the CIA and other western powers instigated the coup against Mossedegh, a revolution and uprising was inevitable. Nearly, if not every foreign leader, that the CIA backed in a coup attempt were all eventually deposed. If a leader has to use the military or a secret police to control its people, revolution is inevitable.

I know there are some stupid people in the State Dept

It attracts them like iron to a magnet

But not even they would think replacing the shah with muslim fanatics is a good idea

That is why I believe they just wanted to scare him and it got out of their control.

The misread the sentiment in the country

The fact is that when the CIA and other western powers instigated the coup against Mossedegh, a revolution and uprising was inevitable. Nearly, if not every foreign leader, that the CIA backed in a coup attempt were all eventually deposed. If a leader has to use the military or a secret police to control its people, revolution is inevitable.

We trained the Savak. Kermit Roosevelt and Swartzkof's father thought it was a good idea.

I know there are some stupid people in the State Dept

It attracts them like iron to a magnet

But not even they would think replacing the shah with muslim fanatics is a good idea
They didn't listen to Arabs, oilmen, diplomats or expats.

There would have been no change if the US had not supported it.

Iran would have followed India's course and we are not enemies with India.

It's a moot discussion since the worst President, at least in my lifetime was Dubya. He got us into a decades long war in Afghanistan and gave birth to ISIS.
I am no fan of the bushies, you want to talk about Afghanistan? then lets talk about the biden withdrawal and the billions of dollars of military equipment he left for the taliban and the thousands of humans he abandoned.

I am no fan of the bushies, you want to talk about Afghanistan? then lets talk about the biden withdrawal and the billions of dollars of military equipment he left for the taliban and the thousands of humans he abandoned.

if only the CIC that took out 75% of the troops had taken that with them when there was enough troops to actually do so.

Forum List

Back