Tony Stewart runs over and kills another driver during race

You got all that from one crappy camera angle?

The video was pretty clear, plus there are witnesses. Stewart has done this type of thing before; again, last year he ADMITTED starting a 15 car wreck with his antics.
??? The video was everything but clear. And drivers admit fault for wrecks all the time. Doesn't mean their is intent.

I am not indicating intent; Stewart is reckless. It seems he wanted to get close enough to Keven ward, Jr. to hit him with a spray of dirt, but went too far. I saw a clearer video on CNN I believe. It is certain four five other cars avoided Ward however. And Stewart has jumped onto the track in the past, other drivers used care then...................

My brothers both race these kinds of cars, so this really hits home. The kid was stupid as hell for getting out of the car, but it happens. But jeez.... with Stewart's reputation as a hothead, this is going to be hard for him to shrug.

One thing that's probably not common knowledge is that sprint cars are actually harder to control at low speeds - they're pretty much designed to run in a perpetual power-drift - but it sure looked like Stewart could have tried harder to miss him.

He tried to brush it off, announced early this am "Business as usual"; something changed his mind a few hours later, he will not race today. Reports are he slept well last night..............not helping him either.

NASCAR a sport?:lol:

If you consider sitting in the hot sun watching goobers going around and around on a track for hours on end while swilling beer and listening to country music,

No not a sport, more like pro "wrestlin"

NASCAR | Surrounded By Imbeciles

Horse racing is a sport also, as is hockey, baseball.......................:D NASCAR can be fascinationg, watching the manuevers to AVOID crashes and move ahead.

I went to one in Charlotte, it was a red neck freak show , it was a mix of a christian tv crusade, Pro wrestlin" and an ignorance fest with hours of cars going round and round a track, I have never heard so much racist comments,thankfully that crap is dying as I hear NASCAR is in big financial trouble :eusa_whistle:

I went with friends to a "dinner show" one time; when the male strippers came out, I went outside and talked to the staff, watched the sky. I like auto racing on screens myself.

Tragic thing... Why not wait for the results of the official investigation before jumping to conclusions? If the kid would have stayed in his car he would still be alive today. He is responsible for a part of what ever results from the investigation.

I doubt any of you have actually been in a sprint car, but I have. I know that video looks horrible - and it is - but the driver's field of vision is surprisingly restricted. This screen shot from a racing sim gives you some of the feel -
th

But it's actually worse than that, because after a couple of laps the windscreen (which usually only covers the bottom portion of the cockpit opening) is caked with mud. The point is, Stewart couldn't have even seen the guy outside of his car (in a black racing suit at night no less) until a split second or two before he hit him. Barely enough time to swerve. Furthermore, you steer a sprint car with the throttle. Letting off the gas, believe it or not, actually cause the car to straighten out. So it's entirely plausible that the gunning of the throttle, if indeed that was Stewarts car hear, was an attempt to miss Ward.

It's also entirely possible that Stewart knew the driver was out of the car, went high on purpose, and gunned the throttle to give him a squirt, not knowing that Ward had ventured so far down into traffic. Which would be wreckless and verge on manslaughter.

But I can't for a minute imagine that Stewart deliberately tried to hit Ward.

Last edited:

If you consider sitting in the hot sun watching goobers going around and around on a track for hours on end while swilling beer and listening to country music,

Horse racing is a sport also, as is hockey, baseball.......................:D NASCAR can be fascinationg, watching the manuevers to AVOID crashes and move ahead.

I went to one in Charlotte, it was a red neck freak show , it was a mix of a christian tv crusade, Pro wrestlin" and an ignorance fest with hours of cars going round and round a track, I have never heard so much racist comments,thankfully that crap is dying as I hear NASCAR is in big financial trouble :eusa_whistle:

:lol:
That just shows how ignorant you really are guno.

The only sports making more money than Nascar are the big 3, football, basketball and baseball. Nascar makes more than the NHL, and surprisingly more than the PGA.

Yeah, they are in financial trouble, only 120k people have been coming to Bristol instead of 160k. :lol: But, the night race is only 2 weeks away and they are saying it's a sell out.

I wish I was in that kind of financial trouble.

I don't believe you. Also NASCAR has been the fastest growing sport in the US for several years. Your lies & ignorance precede you.

I don't believe it either, guno at a race, :lol: now that's funny. Those folks would chew him up and spit him out.

And for those who don't know, one of the fastest rising stars in Nascar is Darrell Wallace Jr. nickname 'bubba' who just happens to be an African American, and has won 2 races this year in the truck series(the best racing in all of Nascar)

Guno breeds ignorance, stupidly, hate and bigotry.

Thanks for not letting us down in this thread.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Guno breeds ignorance, stupidly, hate and bigotry.

Thanks for not letting us down in this thread.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

I have to send this invitation. I know what the response will be, if he even has the guts to just turn me down, but I have to send the invite out there.

GUNO, Why don't you come to Bristol with me? There are 3 race nights, Wednesday, week after next, then the following Friday and the big race Saturday night.

I will be going all 3 nights. If you want to go, we will not be talking any politics, just drinkin beer, and watchin racin. I even have an extra set of headphones and a scanner you can use, that makes the experience something unique.

I wonder, what do you think is a racist remark? Speaking with a Southern twang?

Impossible to tell from the video what actually happened at the time of impact so that is up to the investigation. It is possible that Stewart might have culpability here but until there is an investigation I will reserve judgement. However the kid was at fault for walking into the path of the vehicles. Where were the track marshals and why didn't they stop him? All motor racing is dangerous but stupidity played a role in this tragedy in my opinion.

I can't believe the guy got out of his car and walked onto the track. That was a really stupid move. I doubt the driver even saw him, until it was too late.

I can't believe the guy got out of his car and walked onto the track. That was a really stupid move. I doubt the driver even saw him, until it was too late.

I can't imagine Stewart not seeing him, but whether he revved his engine and the car fishtailed, that might have caught him.

Very early, my heart goes out to the family, this is a tragedy and I do think cooler heads would have prevented this whole thing.

I can't imagine Stewart not seeing him, but whether he revved his engine and the car fishtailed, that might have caught him.

Very early, my heart goes out to the family, this is a tragedy and I do think cooler heads would have prevented this whole thing.

Yeah... I could barely watch that. It's a cautionary tale re: road rage, if nothing else.

WTF was that moron doing? Dipshit has no one to blame for his death but himself. Darwin strikes again, the gene pool is a little less stupid than it was yesterday.

Stewart clipped him, forced him to crash, then came back around and appears to have aimed at him. Probably meant to send dirt on the victim, but went too far; last year Stewart caused a 15 car pileup at the same track, one driver got a compound back fracture. Stewart likes CONTACT NASCAR. Why Stewart is not in jail is my question:

He later took responsibility for his car making contact with another and triggering the 15-car accident that left Alysha Ruggles with a compression fracture in her back.

Aimed at him? It looked more like he was trying to stop and the car fishtailed to me. Anyone that walks onto a track in a race is asking to be hurt, especially with those Sprint cars.

Yes, FAGERALS have no conception of what winning means, UNLESS it's taking other peoples money!:eusa_whistle:

Clearly, he was going to beat up the car. The car won.
^This^

I've been to Sprint Car races at ASCOT Park before it closed. I enjoyed the sounds of the V-8 race motors on race fuel and the spectacular accidents that open wheel cars can provide.

That being said...

Being in the Car is probably the SAFEST place on the whole track, why ANYONE would get out to pick fights with passing cars ON A DIRT TRACK is beyond stupid.

I doubt any of you have actually been in a sprint car, but I have. I know that video looks horrible - and it is - but the driver's field of vision is surprisingly restricted. This screen shot from a racing sim gives you some of the feel -
th

But it's actually worse than that, because after a couple of laps the windscreen (which usually only covers the bottom portion of the cockpit opening) is caked with mud. The point is, Stewart couldn't have even seen the guy outside of his car (in a black racing suit at night no less) until a split second or two before he hit him. Barely enough time to swerve. Furthermore, you steer a sprint car with the throttle. Letting off the gas, believe it or not, actually cause the car to straighten out. So it's entirely plausible that the gunning of the throttle, if indeed that was Stewarts car hear, was an attempt to miss Ward.

It's also entirely possible that Stewart knew the driver was out of the car, went high on purpose, and gunned the throttle to give him a squirt, not knowing that Ward had ventured so far down into traffic. Which would be wreckless and verge on manslaughter.

But I can't for a minute imagine that Stewart deliberately tried to hit Ward.

I haven't actually driven one, but I watched enough races to know how they handle. I can believe Stewart tried to force Ward off the track, but I cannot see him deliberately running him down.

Forum List

Back