Too close to home

Research shows that a majority of people will have to be exposed to a mass shooting incident before attitudes change sufficiently. Until then its in the 'hasn't happened in my back yard' category, which is not enough incentive to reduce easy access to handguns and military style semi automatics, (mssa)...
Using data from multiple sources on mass public shootings merged with the 2010 Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES), we show that increased proximity to a mass shooting is associated with heightened public support for stricter government regulation of firearms. Importantly, we show that this main effect does not vary by partisanship.
https://www.cambridge.org/

All the more reason to be trained, armed, and to carry every day. It hasn't happened in my back yard but if it does, I will be ready to counter whatever threat with an immediate response.

Sure ya will, Rambo. Lol.

Why wouldn't he? That's the point of carrying to protect yourself, your children and property

Everyone thinks they know how they'll react in a situation like that. In reality, his body would probably just freeze up and he would just be another helpless lamb among many. Even if he managed to draw his weapon, he'd be more likely to shoot an innocent person than the actual shooter.

I carry and can promise you if anyone threatened myself or our children I would not hesitate to ventilate them. No pause, no thought, nothing. Airhole them.

Concealed carry holders aren't bound by the same laws that law-enforcement officers are. We have no "duty to arrest" or obligation to talk an assailant down, disarm, or shoot to "wound". I can pretty much shoot an armed assailant in the back if I wanted to with no warning, and would not be held liable.

Does anyone seriously think that I'd yell "Drop the gun!" and then stand there looking stupid?

Why wouldn't he? That's the point of carrying to protect yourself, your children and property

Everyone thinks they know how they'll react in a situation like that. In reality, his body would probably just freeze up and he would just be another helpless lamb among many. Even if he managed to draw his weapon, he'd be more likely to shoot an innocent person than the actual shooter.

I carry and can promise you if anyone threatened myself or our children I would not hesitate to ventilate them. No pause, no thought, nothing. Airhole them.

Yeah, sure you would. Lol. Sure ya would.

I would. Now run along novice...you are wasting bandwidth.

This whole site is a waste of bandwidth.

No one cares what a bunch of internet tough guys think they would do in an active shooter situation. There's a reason police don't want people to play hero; because, even though many of them may be trained, the real thing ... AIN'T TRAINING! Who'd have thought?

Yeah, sure you would. Lol. Sure ya would.

I would. Now run along novice...you are wasting bandwidth.

This whole site is a waste of bandwidth.

No one cares what a bunch of internet tough guys think they would do in an active shooter situation. There's a reason police don't want people to play hero; because, even though many of them may be trained, the real thing ... AIN'T TRAINING! Who'd have thought?

Fine...then leave ya little snowflake

All the more reason to be trained, armed, and to carry every day. It hasn't happened in my back yard but if it does, I will be ready to counter whatever threat with an immediate response.

Concealed carry holders aren't bound by the same laws that law-enforcement officers are. We have no "duty to arrest" or obligation to talk an assailant down, disarm, or shoot to "wound". I can pretty much shoot an armed assailant in the back if I wanted to with no warning, and would not be held liable.

Police don't shoot to wound. They always shoot to kill and aim for center of mass. The fact that you don't even know that much tells me that your criticisms of my knowledge are completely meritless; you know even less than I do!

Police don't shoot to wound. They always shoot to kill and aim for center of mass. The fact that you don't even know that much tells me that your criticisms of my knowledge are completely meritless; you know even less than I do!

"Shoot to wound" is a leftist's idea. I was trained to unload center mass until the threat is stopped. That could be the 15+1 in the Glock or the two extra 15-round mags, whatever it took.

My point is that if a cop is shooting, he is trying to kill his target. Why imply otherwise? Don't know what you're talking about, or just trying to be dramatic. Only explanations that come to mind

Conservatives: masters of the red herring fallacy.

Too cowardly to address the issue of school shootings, lacking any constructive solutions to address the problem, rightists engage in failed attempts to deflect from the issue.

So what's YOUR solution?
The natural conclusion to their solution ends with the banning and confiscation of all guns.

Short of doing that there is zero chance that this won't happen again. So whatever, legal action we make won't prevent the next one and something else will have to be done, and so on and so on. Until they finally realize that the only thing that will satisfy their Utopian vision is to ban and confiscate guns of law abiding citizens which is what they really wanted to do all along.

Conservatives: masters of the red herring fallacy.

Too cowardly to address the issue of school shootings, lacking any constructive solutions to address the problem, rightists engage in failed attempts to deflect from the issue.

So what's YOUR solution?
The natural conclusion to their solution ends with the banning and confiscation of all guns.

Short of doing that there is zero chance that this won't happen again. So whatever, legal action we make won't prevent the next one and something else will have to be done, and so on and so on. Until they finally realize that the only thing that will satisfy their Utopian vision is to ban and confiscate guns of law abiding citizens which is what they really wanted to do all along.

Yeah, Okay Mr. Paranoid.

The experience of the 'Open Carry' people 'protecting' the Dallas protest shows that attitude is laughable, only falsely credible until something actually happens. Dream on.

Or be taken as a perp and shot himself.

This latest mass shooting was in my neck of the woods.

What's got to happen before guns for all gets shitcanned? These parents should sue the government for not protecting kids that are required by law to attend school.

644188_526552814037754_1413004826_n.jpg

Short of doing that there is zero chance that this won't happen again.
As though military style semi automatics are 'all guns'. An mssa or high capacity handgun is what is necessary to increase the risk of this happening.

As though military style semi automatics are 'all guns'. An mssa or high capacity handgun is what is necessary to increase the risk of this happening.
Those are exactly the kind of arms the 2nd Amendment is talking about. Do you even history, bro?

Take all the mass shootings the last ten years in the United States add them all up I doubt if it would equal the Chicago gun deaths in the past 4 months.....

The experience of the 'Open Carry' people 'protecting' the Dallas protest shows that attitude is laughable, only falsely credible until something actually happens. Dream on.

My state law allows open carry but you seldom see anyone doing that. Concealed means "concealed", why would I want anyone to know that I was packing?

Take all the mass shootings the last ten years in the United States add them all up I doubt if it would equal the Chicago gun deaths in the past 4 months.....
In 2013 it wasn't a hill of beans.

upload_2018-2-15_19-49-9.png

Forum List

Back