Ignored by police, a mom tried to find her missing daughter. She wound up in jail

horselightning

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2013

Sounds to me she did not give the cops a chance to investigate. went over and barged into some ones home and threatened to shoot them. Sorry the arrest was right. The cops not only are the ones who found her daughter hiding under a bed, She got her daughter back with in days,. Older boy my foot. both were 16. If she is that disabled why was she out at ,mcdonalds buy her self? When is it the schools fault if the incident didnt happen at school but mcdonalds? What can the school do? This article is so confusing and turned into feel sorry for black kids thing. All runaways no matter the race are not treated as priorities. Glad the girl got home safe. But the case was screwed up by all involved.

Sounds to me she did not give the cops a chance to investigate. went over and barged into some ones home and threatened to shoot them. Sorry the arrest was right. The cops not only are the ones who found her daughter hiding under a bed, She got her daughter back with in days,. Older boy my foot. both were 16. If she is that disabled why was she out at ,mcdonalds buy her self? When is it the schools fault if the incident didnt happen at school but mcdonalds? What can the school do? This article is so confusing and turned into feel sorry for black kids thing. All runaways no matter the race are not treated as priorities. Glad the girl got home safe. But the case was screwed up by all involved.
Why do you have to lie about what happened? Your own link doesn’t support your claims. Do you even read them or just make the story up as you go along?

Why do you have to lie about what happened? Your own link doesn’t support your claims. Do you even read them or just make the story up as you go along?

She was arrested and charged with Assault with a Firearm, Burglary and child endangerment.

From the article:

"The boy told deputies that Hartley pointed a silver handgun at him, which she denies. But she doesn’t deny shouting expletives and verbal threats, some of which the 911 dispatcher overheard from the boy’s call.

“Open the motherfucking door, or I’m breaking the window, bitch, and coming up in that motherfucker, I swear to God,” a woman’s voice could be heard saying, according to the incident report.

The boy said he didn’t know where her daughter was and “pleaded to be left alone,” the report states.

“I don’t give a fuck,” Hartley replied, according to deputies. “I will shoot your ass. Open up the motherfucking door. Where is my motherfucking daughter?”

She wasn't arrested for asking the police to find her child. She was arrested for threatening to shoot a child.

She was arrested and charged with Assault with a Firearm, Burglary and child endangerment.

From the article:

"The boy told deputies that Hartley pointed a silver handgun at him, which she denies. But she doesn’t deny shouting expletives and verbal threats, some of which the 911 dispatcher overheard from the boy’s call.

“Open the motherfucking door, or I’m breaking the window, bitch, and coming up in that motherfucker, I swear to God,” a woman’s voice could be heard saying, according to the incident report.

The boy said he didn’t know where her daughter was and “pleaded to be left alone,” the report states.

“I don’t give a fuck,” Hartley replied, according to deputies. “I will shoot your ass. Open up the motherfucking door. Where is my motherfucking daughter?”

She wasn't arrested for asking the police to find her child. She was arrested for threatening to shoot a child.
So she did not barge into the house as the OP claimed? You agree with me they were lying.

So she did not barge into the house as the OP claimed? You agree with me they were lying.

I agree with the OP that the arrest was right. They kicked the door open, per the article.

"Hartley told The Standard that the boy lied about her having a gun and that her threats weren’t literal but fueled by desperation and protective anger over her daughter who’d been missing for three days. Deputies said they never found a weapon but they arrested the mother on suspicion of child abuse because she grabbed the boy by his shirt. They arrested Whitley on suspicion of burglary because they say he kicked the door open to confront the boy."

That's barging in as far as I'm concerned.

She threatened to shoot a child and tried to break into his home, per the police. That's a reasonable reason to arrest someone.

You don't even bother reading the things you post, do you?

I agree with the OP that the arrest was right.

She threatened to shoot a child and tried to break into his home, per the police. That's a reasonable reason to arrest someone.
I’m not questioning if the arrest is right. I am saying the why the OP is lying about the events that happened. Are you suggesting the woman barged into the house? Are you saying the mother lies about her daughter’s age? Do the facts not matter to you either?

I’m not questioning if the arrest is right. I am saying the why the OP is lying about the events that happened. Are you suggesting the woman barged into the house? Are you saying the mother lies about her daughter’s age? Do the facts not matter to you either?

I disagree. Also, from the same article:

"Hartley told The Standard that the boy lied about her having a gun and that her threats weren’t literal but fueled by desperation and protective anger over her daughter who’d been missing for three days. Deputies said they never found a weapon but they arrested the mother on suspicion of child abuse because she grabbed the boy by his shirt. They arrested Whitley on suspicion of burglary because they say he kicked the door open to confront the boy."

That's barging in as far as I'm concerned. And as far as the police are concerned as well, as demonstrated by the burglary charges.

From the article:

i know that. i did not say that. dont for get her boyfriend who ever kicked down the door. i can understand what happened to her daughter its very disjointed. she either disappeard from home or mcdonalds . she blames school when it didnt happend there and told them more then she did the police., If she talked in this disjointed way about the case no wonder the cops didnt do anything sooner they probably didnt know were to start. all we can gleam from this article is her daughter went missing got found and mother and her boyfriend did something stupied that got them arrested,

That's barging in as far as I'm concerned. And as far as the police are concerned as well, as demonstrated by the burglary charges.
exactly

That's barging in as far as I'm concerned.
Your concerns and opinions are not the law and the facts of what actually happened.

Your concerns and opinions are not the law and the facts of what actually happened.

Again, the police charged the mother with burglary. The man she brought kicked the door in to confront the kid. Do they not understand the law either?

The OP accurately paraphrased the article.

On issues of the law, why would I ignore BOTH the article citing the deputies, and the arrest record.....and instead believe you, citing yourself?

Explain it to me. Because I don't think you read the article before responding. It clearly describes the assault on the kid, the threats to shoot him, the barging in, pretty much every point of the OP.

From the article:

All lies she had no firearm as the story states and you left out.

You couldn’t understand what you read and decided to make up your own story. A rare moment of honesty from you

Or.....you didn't read the article, nor get to the part where they kicked in the door before you started insisting that the OP lied. And are actively ignoring the article, the deputies, and the charges themselves because you're embarrassed and lack the integrity to admit you were wrong.

I'm gonna go with the article, the deputies and the arrest record over you citing you.

As would any rational person.

you all are missing the whole essence of the article. my god if this woman cant give coherent story for this article . Then she did not tell a coherent story to the police., So no wonder it took three days to find the kid.

Forum List

Back