Top Ten Toughest Men to Have Ever Lived

You're missing the point. There are different kinds of tough.
Oh, Louie Zamperini or Pappy Boyington, both survived the brutal torture, physical punishment, and starvation as prisoners of war of the Japanese. Louie also was lost at sea for 44 days before being taken prisoner, as well as surviving his plane crashing in the ocean.

Surviving? Does that make one tough? Choosing to fight in war, does that make one tough? Choosing to be the greatest fighter does that make one tough?

Again, Rasputin? Yep, interesting story, but I do not see any evidence that the guy was tougher than anyone else.

John Basoline, Dan Daly, Chesty Puller, David Hackworth

You're missing the point. There are different kinds of tough.
Oh, Louie Zamperini or Pappy Boyington, both survived the brutal torture, physical punishment, and starvation as prisoners of war of the Japanese. Louie also was lost at sea for 44 days before being taken prisoner, as well as surviving his plane crashing in the ocean.

Surviving? Does that make one tough? Choosing to fight in war, does that make one tough? Choosing to be the greatest fighter does that make one tough?

Again, Rasputin? Yep, interesting story, but I do not see any evidence that the guy was tougher than anyone else.

John Basoline, Dan Daly, Chesty Puller, David Hackworth
Thx, Pappy Boyington. Alvin York.

Yeah, not in the ring but in real life where any could be armed or improvise a weapon, I would take Audie Murphy or Rasputin any day of the week.

Bruce Lee couldnt karate chop a 12 gauge shot gun blast from Rasputin. If they both shot each other at the same time, my money is on Rasputin coming out of it alive more than Lee.
Yes, Audie Murphy proved himself with weapons, certainly a brave man that deserves his reputation. Rasputin, that is another story, an interesting story, but not the story of a man that was tough in anyway. His antics got himself killed and there was nothing he could do to prevent that. Hardly a story of a tough man, just a story of a stupid weak man who did not know who he could trust.

This would of been a smarter post if you listed the Sandbar fight in the number one position. Why did you not? I have to wonder how smart you are about the things immediately around you.

Rasputin? Never once in his life was he brave enough to fight. Being tough in a time when many went to war, should include a fight or two. Rasputin never defended himself, not even against a woman who stabbed him in the stomach.

Rasputin vs Bruce Lee, any of them vs Bruce Lee? Tyson? Ali? Hearns?
Yeah, not in the ring but in real life where any could be armed or improvise a weapon, I would take Audie Murphy or Rasputin any day of the week.

Bruce Lee couldnt karate chop a 12 gauge shot gun blast from Rasputin. If they both shot each other at the same time, my money is on Rasputin coming out of it alive more than Lee.
Bruce Lee was a street fighter in China. Rasputin never handled a gun and would not know which end was which. Who would survive a shotgun blast? Certainly the fat on Rasputin might be a deciding factor, but the physically fit Bruce Lee most likely would survive the stress much better than Rasputin. Of course there is the fact that Bruce Lee was in fact street smart and very much trained with weapons. Chances are the shotgun blast would either miss or be a glancing blow. Rasputin? An odd character in Russia's history. Nothing more.

lee would have dodged it.....

Geronimo probably deserves honorable mention.

Bruce Lee was a street fighter in China. Rasputin never handled a gun and would not know which end was which. Who would survive a shotgun blast? Certainly the fat on Rasputin might be a deciding factor, but the physically fit Bruce Lee most likely would survive the stress much better than Rasputin. Of course there is the fact that Bruce Lee was in fact street smart and very much trained with weapons. Chances are the shotgun blast would either miss or be a glancing blow. Rasputin? An odd character in Russia's history. Nothing more.
Rasputin was also a peasant who rose to be the confidant and favorite of he Russian emporer who controled the third largest population on 8.8 million square miles of territory.

On top of all that, Rasputin refused to die when people came to kill him fdar more dramatically than a loud mouthed martial dance instructor from Hong Kong.

Surviving? Does that make one tough?
Enduring pain and sacrifice to acheive a goal makes one tough, yes, IMO.
...like I said, there are THOUSANDS of people like the people you listed--so they can't be the toughest
...they didn't do anything better/different/tougher
..there are many more people ''deserving'' of an MOH/etc--but they go unsung

...like I said, there are THOUSANDS of people like the people you listed--so they can't be the toughest
It simply amazes me what people will argue about once they lock jaws, roflmao

It simply amazes me what people will argue about once they lock jaws, roflmao
..you are like the blacks/Dems = stating facts is EVIL/wrong/etc
..if you knew military history, you would know, your list is not a list of the toughest

....tough? how about pulling a sled through sub zero weather--THOUSANDS of miles in the Antarctic --with not enough food ----that's tough

..these men who endured MONTHS of hell
stranded in arctic weather conditions

..like I said, the Nam POW vets went through a lot more than some of the people you listed
TORTURE!

You said yourself that you need to study the history. Go do that.

Forum List

Back