Top Ten Toughest Men to Have Ever Lived

Rasputin vs Bruce Lee, any of them vs Bruce Lee? Tyson? Ali? Hearns?
Yeah, not in the ring but in real life where any could be armed or improvise a weapon, I would take Audie Murphy or Rasputin any day of the week.

Bruce Lee couldnt karate chop a 12 gauge shot gun blast from Rasputin. If they both shot each other at the same time, my money is on Rasputin coming out of it alive more than Lee.
Bruce Lee was a street fighter in China. Rasputin never handled a gun and would not know which end was which. Who would survive a shotgun blast? Certainly the fat on Rasputin might be a deciding factor, but the physically fit Bruce Lee most likely would survive the stress much better than Rasputin. Of course there is the fact that Bruce Lee was in fact street smart and very much trained with weapons. Chances are the shotgun blast would either miss or be a glancing blow. Rasputin? An odd character in Russia's history. Nothing more.

Watch fewer movies and study more history, fan boy.

..like I said, the Nam POW vets went through a lot more than some of the people you listed
TORTURE!
Enduring torture is not the thing I am refering to.

I am referring, for the last time, idiot, to people who endured all kinds of pain, difficulty, endurance to acheive large goals that were significant in scale.

Marciano the only heavy weight to retire undefeated, for example, or Audie Murphy whose courage and bravery likely were the decive factor in several engagements, etc.

ROFLMAO, how long are you going to grind this chew toy, bubba?

You said yourself that you need to study the history. Go do that.
I did, Massie is the authority.
rasputin.jpg

Rasputin was also a peasant who rose to be the confidant and favorite of he Russian emporer who controled the third largest population on 8.8 million square miles of territory.

On top of all that, Rasputin refused to die when people came to kill him fdar more dramatically than a loud mouthed martial dance instructor from Hong Kong.
There is no doubt, that Bruce Lee was tough. Nobody refers to Rasputin as tough.

Bruce Lee was a street fighter in China.....

So the story goes. The only officially verifiable fight he ever had in Hong Kong was a boxing match as a student at a school primarily for the children of British diplomats against a 17 year-old when he was 18. Aside from that, and a sketchy tale of a fight with Wong Jack Man in the 60s, there is no concrete evidence he was a fighter in the world outside the movies. Hopefully he was smart enough that it should be so.

Sgt. York:

"Alvin Cullum York, also known as Sergeant York, was one of the most decorated United States Army soldiers of World War I. He received the Medal of Honor for leading an attack on a German machine gun nest, taking at least one machine gun, killing at least 25 enemy soldiers and capturing 132"

There is no doubt, that Bruce Lee was tough. Nobody refers to Rasputin as tough.

1) A whole bunch of people think that Rasputin was tough, on par wth Hugh Glass if not tougher as he had survived several assassination attempts where he was in fact wounded badly and not expected to live.

2) Bruce Lee had zero grappling skills for most of his career, doing a little Ju jitsu later in his career to cover these vulnerabilities.

3) These soft martial arts are not lethal. A standard Navy Seal would kill Bruce Lee.

1) A whole bunch of people think that Rasputin was tough, on par wth Hugh Glass if not tougher as he had survived several assassination attempts where he was in fact wounded badly and not expected to live.

2) Bruce Lee had zero grappling skills for most of his career, doing a little Ju jitsu later in his career to cover these vulnerabilities.

3) These soft martial arts are not lethal. A standard Navy Seal would kill Bruce Lee.
Well, Rasputin survived one assassination attempt, and at that the woman nearly killed him. Yep, that is tough alright. Rasputin never survived more than one attempt on his life.

A standard Navy Seal would kill Bruce Lee? I doubt one could kill me, let alone Lee. But hey, I know tough, having lived the life I have lived.

Someone still thinks photos of bookshelves equates to scholarship, understanding or knowledge! :lol:
Scholarship, is not attainable without books.
Understanding, one will never have without many books written by many people.
Knowledge is at ones fingertips if they know where to find the information.

I started this little project 20 years ago. Much of this is the result of 20 years of argument on message boards. Starting with the boards on Ninjai, the little ninjai. If someone referenced a book I bought the book and read it. The truth was much different than a cherry picked quote someone found with Google. I still have holes in my library. I am slowly filing them. But, I have more knowledge at my finger tips than anyone I see posting, here, or anywhere. So, to add to how I have amassed knowledge and understanding I have spent 2 decades reading the revisionist argument as well as replying to the revisionist argument. I am well schooled, in replying to anyone here.

bookssss.jpg
booksss.jpg
bookss.jpg
books.jpg

Someone still thinks photos of bookshelves equates to scholarship, understanding or knowledge! :lol:
... I have more knowledge at my finger tips than anyone I see posting, here, or anywhere....

:lol: You're hilarious. :lol:

Knowledge is at ones fingertips if they know where to find the information.

I started this little project 20 years ago. Much of this is the result of 20 years of argument on message boards. Starting with the boards on Ninjai, the little ninjai. If someone referenced a book I bought the book and read it. The truth was much different than a cherry picked quote someone found with Google. I still have holes in my library. I am slowly filing them. But, I have more knowledge at my finger tips than anyone I see posting, here, or anywhere. So, to add to how I have amassed knowledge and understanding I have spent 2 decades reading the revisionist argument as well as replying to the revisionist argument. I am well schooled, in replying to anyone here.

View attachment 375834View attachment 375835View attachment 375836View attachment 375837
Going to a used book store to take photographs is not challenging, ya know?

lol

Going to a used book store to take photographs is not challenging, ya know?
You are right, building a used bookstore in ones home is very challenging. I started decades ago. I have such a head start that for most it would be impossible to spend the money to equal my collection.

How is it that you missed the Sandbar fight? Certainly Rasputin pales in comparison?

Charlie Manson could be on the "tough" list. He overcame adversity to become a national figure and was certainly hard to kill. Maybe some legendary figures that we characterize as "tough" were really mentally deranged.

Forum List

Back