🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Tories authorise fracking in England again. Oil and gas company bonanza

On a cost basis, renewables are competitive with hydrocarbons. The problem is that they’re not reliable enough. Hydrocarbons are going to be with us for a long long time.
Not if you add in the cost for battery storage and extra capacity to charge those batteries so that you can make an apples to apples comparison. Otherwise you are comparing a technology that is an intermittent electrical generator to a technology that can base load the grid full time.

Lest someone believe I am being unfair let me remind them that if renewables are going to replace fossil fuels adding battery storage and adding generating capacity to charge those batteries must eventually be done.

Not if you add in the cost for battery storage and extra capacity to charge those batteries so that you can make an apples to apples comparison.

That doesn't matter right now because you can switch from renewables to CCGT pretty quickly.

I do agree with you that in the long run, battery technology is critical. And that technology may or may not be developed. The renewables people assume that it will happen. It might. It might not.

But right now, you can switch between the two pretty efficiently.

That doesn't matter right now because you can switch from renewables to CCGT pretty quickly.

I do agree with you that in the long run, battery technology is critical. And that technology may or may not be developed. The renewables people assume that it will happen. It might. It might not.

But right now, you can switch between the two pretty efficiently.
Sure but my point is the cost comparison isn't like for like. Burdening renewables with the costs for providing electricity 24/7/365 would more than double their capital costs.

Yeah, they really like to have the heat on in the cold, the cads.
What you are saying shows unbelievable ignorance. We are talking about the UK here. We create enough power through renewables for every home in Scotland to have electricity. We own our Gas in the North Sea. Why should this country be sucking up to fossil fuel trillionaires to have heat on in the cold.

As a response to the energy crisis fracking and drilling for oil is a solution that ex Shell executive Truss must have thought long and hard about.

Sadly for her the tory writ stops at Offas Dyke and the Welsh Govt has already ruled this out in Gods Own Country.

I also think our english neighbours will make this policy difficult to see through.

Nobody wants a destructive practice like fracking in their area and there arent enough police to protect these places.

The big con of course is that fracking will help to make us self sufficient. ln fact any gas produced will be sold on the international market and will not benefit us at all.

A bonanza for the oil companies but bad for the planet, bad for our water supplies and bad for mankind.

Conservatism in action.

Just refuse to use energy created by fossil fuels. If you have a car, immediately destroy it and purchase a EV.

If not, well then, you can leg it!

Simple. Stop using it.

Problem solved.
We obviously cannot stop using it until our renewables are sorted. How childish are you in your inhumanity. This is about Liz Truss not me. Unfortunately Liz Truss is like you and for the money she is fed by the fossil fuel people and despite having a child she is intent on destroying the world and her child's chance of having a life as you are yours.

and it is ok for you because you want to murder all those who come after you and are one of the sickest bullies around.
Don’t preach and brag about how you are energy independent you are when you aren’t. Why do you try to bully and shame others. Conservation is fine, @Tommy Tainant made a claim that renewable energy met all of Wales needs and I called him out on his lie, because you, like us are still using fossil fuels. Tommy never replied to my calling him out, which is fine but he still lied and I won’t let the lie go. He is a fake.

How dare you accuse and bully and shame me when you have no idea about me. I have reduce my carbon intake immensely over the last few years. If you don’t like my calling him out on his lies, then maybe you should tell Tommy not to lie and lay-off me because I called him out. You bullies are relentles.

Don’t preach and brag about how you are energy independent you are when you aren’t. Why do you try to bully and shame others. Conservation is fine, @Tommy Tainant made a claim that renewable energy met all of Wales needs and I called him out on his lie, because you, like us are still using fossil fuels. Tommy never replied to my calling him out, which is fine but he still lied and I won’t let the lie go. He is a fake.

How dare you accuse and bully and shame me when you have no idea about me. I have reduce my carbon intake immensely over the last few years. If you don’t like my calling him out on his lies, then maybe you should tell Tommy not to lie and lay-off me because I called him out. You bullies are relentles.
You are part of a gang of bullies who bully Tommy unrelentingly. It is pathetic. Thread upon threads of you and your friends showing your worthless characters bulling someone because he has diabetes, That you believe caring about the reality that people like yourself are working to destroy the planet is anything other than what any decent person would do just shows more about your character or lack of it....and don't you try taking the action I know you are doing and then accuse me of that for pointing it out you doing it after thread upon thread of it.

You are part of a gang of bullies who bully Tommy unrelentingly. It is pathetic. Thread upon threads of you and your friends showing your worthless characters bulling someone because he has diabetes, That you believe caring about the reality that people like yourself are working to destroy the planet is anything other than what any decent person would do just shows more about your character or lack of it....and don't you try taking the action I know you are doing and then accuse me of that for pointing it out you doing it after thread upon thread of it.

Go blow it out your bum. Tainty is a bully, a liar and an asshole.

He gets what he gives.

Forum List

Back