Torture is wrong and unAmerican, nothing but neo-con filth

At what point on the 'torture' scale do you say we must stop, even though THAT might save American lives?
and at what point should ISIS stop if it feels it can save its lives ?

Only the mentally weak actually think Moral Equivocation is an intellectually strong position from which to argue.

Double standards are moral equivocation...

Sorry, a spanking is not the same as killing.

There is not enough mental gymnastics in the world to that work.

The question is, where is the line between 'torture' and 'not torture'?

What's your opinion on that?

I am the wrong one to ask, I am on record as saying I'd strap electrodes to your balls if I thought it would save American lives.

Torture? You are just lucky that I wasn't in charge of Gitmo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 82

Only the mentally weak actually think Moral Equivocation is an intellectually strong position from which to argue.

I am the wrong one to ask, I am on record as saying I'd strap electrodes to your balls if I thought it would save American lives.

Would you kill a prisoner's 5 children, one by one, if thought that would get something valuable out of himi?

Anyone who believes that torture is not utilized by most countries when absolutely required in matters of safety and security is merely deluding themselves.

Where it gets out out of hand, is when such practices are undertaken on a broad scale as a matter of policy or looking the other way while sadists enjoy themselves.

Would you kill a prisoner's 5 children, one by one, if thought that would get something valuable out of himi?
If the intelligence to be obtained was the location of a terrorist training base, probably not.

If the intelligence to be obtained would prevent the enemy from detonating a suitcase nuke in your hometown, almost certainly yes.

nope, but saving american lives is very important. If squirting water up the nose of a murdering terrorist muslim bastard will save american lives, then we should do it.

BTW, waterboarding is not torture, neither is sleep deprivation or being put in a cold room.

At what point on the 'torture' scale do you say we must stop, even though THAT might save American lives?

The suppressed fact Deaths by U.S. torture - Salon.com

The interrogation and detention regime implemented by the U.S. resulted in the deaths of over 100 detainees in U.S. custodyat least. While some of those deaths were the result of ”rogue” interrogators and agents, many were caused by the methods authorized at the highest levels of the Bush White House, including extreme stress positions, hypothermia, sleep deprivation and others. Aside from the fact that they cause immense pain, that’s one reason we’ve always considered those tactics to be “torture” when used by others— because they inflict serious harm, and can even kill people. Those arguing against investigations and prosecutions — that we Look to the Future, not the Past — are thus literally advocating that numerous people get away with murder.

No.

But I'd strap an electrode to his testicles.

• Jamal Naseer, a soldier in the Afghan Army, died after he and seven other soldiers were mistakenly arrested. Those arrested with Naseer later said that during interrogations U.S. personnel punched and kicked them, hung them upside down, and hit them with sticks or cables. Some said they were doused with cold water and forced to lie in the snow. Nasser collapsed about two weeks after the arrest, complaining of stomach pain, probably an internal hemorrhage.
  • from Human Rights First:
    The cases also include that of Abed Hamed Mowhoush, a former Iraqi general beaten over days by U.S. Army, CIA and other non-military forces, stuffed into a sleeping bag, wrapped with electrical cord, and suffocated to death. In the recently concluded trial of a low-level military officer charged in Mowhoush’s death, the officer received a written reprimand, a fine, and 60 days with his movements limited to his work, home, and church.

No, he doesn't. He's fighting to make sure as many of us die by terrorists as possible. Then it's not just him, it's his party.
You don't even know what my party is and we wouldn't be dying from terrorists if you would stop creating them by torturing innocent civilians, who then become radicalized and want to get even.

Wow, Obama is an idiot. He's fighting ISIS while continuing to arm them? How typical of Bozo the President.
Bush did the same thing with al Qaeda in Iraq.

But you are right about Obama. He even pays the Taliban to guard our convoys out to remote outposts. I guess everything is cool, unless the check bounces?

and you, billo are a fricken idiot. Those assholes killed 3000 innocent americans and you want to treat them like visiting dignitaries? Fuck that.
If waterboarding is torture, as you cliam, then how did KSM survive it over 100 times?

Torture is being a relative of one of the 3000 killed on 9/11 or a relative of an american beheaded by muslim scum.
You've watched way too many episodes of Walker, Texas Ranger!

That's not the question, GERTRUDE. The question is what do you do when the context is one of extreme danger...as all agreed we were confronted with after 911. Stop whining and confront reality.

[

Waterboarding? A walk in the park compared to real torture.

You've been waterboarded?
A lot of Americans have because it isn't torture you dumbasses!
and yet your people's favorite talking head- Shammity backed-out of trying to endure it? STFU Shit stain :talktothehand:

Since I don't watch Hannity and I'm not a Rep I'll assume you weren't talking to me

Shit Ingot.
You got a potty-mouth there rw fauxrage girl :eusa_naughty:

As to the OP- Last I recall, the Framers of this great nation didn't sing the praises of torture. Quite the contrary.

• Jamal Naseer, a soldier in the Afghan Army, died after he and seven other soldiers were mistakenly arrested. Those arrested with Naseer later said that during interrogations U.S. personnel punched and kicked them, hung them upside down, and hit them with sticks or cables. Some said they were doused with cold water and forced to lie in the snow. Nasser collapsed about two weeks after the arrest, complaining of stomach pain, probably an internal hemorrhage.
  • from Human Rights First:
    The cases also include that of Abed Hamed Mowhoush, a former Iraqi general beaten over days by U.S. Army, CIA and other non-military forces, stuffed into a sleeping bag, wrapped with electrical cord, and suffocated to death. In the recently concluded trial of a low-level military officer charged in Mowhoush’s death, the officer received a written reprimand, a fine, and 60 days with his movements limited to his work, home, and church.
innocents suffering & dying, at the hands of American taxpayer financed goons, doesn't interest rw'ers :talktothehand: It just makes them feel good that SOMEONE is getting tortured. Idiots.

The religious and neo-con filth and their defenses remain abominable.

Bush will never to Europe again. None of his neo-con filth advisers will. Up to 30 CIA folks will rot in European jails, if they go to Europe.

And no one in the American government, GOP or Dem, will lift a finger to help them.

LOL whatever, there is no one looking to arrest Bush in Europe and if anyone tried to arrest him his secret service detai wouldn't allow it. Bush could travel wherever he wishes

Anyone trying to put an American President on trial in any sort of international kangaroo court should be stopped by any means necessary up to and most emphatically including the use of military force.

Geneva Convention relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War 75 U.N.T.S. 135 entered into force Oct. 21 1950.

Article 3
In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following provisions:

1. Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria.

To this end the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:

(a) Violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;

(b) Taking of hostages;

(c) Outrages upon personal dignity, in particular, humiliating and degrading treatment;

(d) The passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.

I guess we're ok with throwing out the Geneva convention's convictions too, right? In the name of safety?

Against terrorists? Yeah, works for me.

“Should any American soldier be so base and infamous as to injure any [prisoner]. . . I do most earnestly enjoin you to bring him to such severe and exemplary punishment as the enormity of the crime may require. Should it extend to death itself, it will not be disproportional to its guilt at such a time and in such a cause… for by such conduct they bring shame, disgrace and ruin to themselves and their country.- George Washington, charge to the Northern Expeditionary Force, Sept. 14, 1775

No matter how many times you post that, it is still stupid. Washington was fighting an ARMY. We, currently, are not.

Forum List

Back