🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Toys Of Christmas Past

Dad got us lawn darts one year.

We promptly brought them outside and threw them straight up in the air, causing them to be top of the head missiles of death.

One snowy day, Momma went outside for a few minutes and by coincidence... our beloved skull penetrators were missing forevermore.

Loved the sound lawn darts made when they hit the ground

We used to play at my friends house who had a one car detached garage. We would set the rings up on each side and throw them over the roof.

1640384198390.png

Vintage Barbie
1640384263804.png

1640384308879.png

One year we got a road race set.We got to play with it for about 10 minutes.The dog walked over and pissed on it and shorted it out.

Here's some of the cooler toys I remember getting and can find pictures of as a kid for Christmas. My parents always got me the wildest stuff.

This was literally a jet cockpit.

bc79adbcd4c799f7ac8d7d4ca6a3070c.jpg

Everyone remembers these.

monmag.jpg

I was too young to remember having this and only have pictures my dad took of me playing with it, but my folks told me I just LOVED it.

b849214c59c57a30ac57efb8896d3db5.jpg

And of course, the quintessential Gilbert chemistry set complete in metal carrying case.

Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 6.10.58 PM.png

I added to it all kinds of other stuff not seen here, beakers, flasks, tubing, bunsen burnerr, all of course freely available right at my local drug store. I also had a Gilbert microscope which I still have and years ago added a stereo head to it and adapted it to use quality eyepieces. It actually is pretty effective.

Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 6.11.58 PM.png

And perhaps my most favorite toy of all time, a 60mm TASCO refractor telescope.

5313776415_bf80658157_z.jpg

Those were the days.

I never made anything with Tinker toys, but a mess. Lincoln logs or legos were the way to go.

But if Mom stepped on a stray lego, her next course of action would be to turn into a scary honey badger with the ability to hand out brain dusters.

I'd rather of had a lawn dart to the forehead than a set of knuckles.
I remember getting a collection of water rockets, loved 'em. I am sure they outlawed them because they were quite powerful and if aimed at a playmates chest would have created quite a hole or a few broke ribs at minimum. Great toy when used correctly though.

I swear to Gawd we are related!

Did you ever get a brain duster?

Holy crap I hated those. When I was about 5 or 6 I felt the need to inform my mom that another brain duster would cause me to become a maniac

She said I was already showing signs of being a maniac and that's what got me brain dusted.

Evel was visiting Deming, NM about 1965--doing a show at the local dragstrip. My dad was a bartender at the motel in town where he was staying and brought him home to party after the bar closed. Woke me up in the middle of the night telling me to come meet the guy who was going to jump a motorcycle over the Grand Canyon. We went and saw his show on Sunday, but I just kind of said yeah, yeah, yeah and went back to bed.

Forum List

Back