🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trade Wars - just getting started

Don’t buy solar panels and buy American stuff. Problem solved. It’s when the tariff gets slapped on food, that’s when you see where folks REALLY stand on trade wars.

Here’s the problem with that:
1. Most likely China and South Korea will retaliate thus making American products more expensive as it is and harder to compete overseas.

2. Most likely these countries will lower their prices to compensate thus making those products still cheaper than American made.

3. It doesn’t make sense when loosing 23,000 jobs then at the same time we are paying more for higher prices.

4. Currently Samsung ( washing machines ) has about 20,000 workers here in US. They just invested another $380 millions to create another 1,000 jobs in Newberry, SC. What do you think will happen if these shutdown at the same we still paying higher prices?

5. Just because you are a Trump followers that is willing to pay for higher prices. It doesn’t mean you represents the whole Americas willing to accept paying higher prices.

Every time we have a trade wars the biggest losers are the consumers.

So if these countries lower their prices how does the American consumer lose? They are paying the same price plus we are getting a tax on the imports. That part of your argument supports the hike in the import tax. Now, if the price is the same that it was before, then there will be no job losses because of the increased tariff.

They borrowed 1.5 trillion that was to go towards making America more competitive. If other countries lower their rate, nothing accomplished. except we still owe 1.5 trillion.

The supposed purpose of the tariff on the panels is so people no longer import them and buy US ones./ So where are the import tax revenues?

Panels will cost 30% more. Making solar less competitive & helping out Trumps buddies in the fossil fuel industry.

You really are quite stupid, aren't you.

If solar panels are so great, why do they need any subsidy at all?

1) getting started & working to build up the quantities for better pricing would take years & years.

2) The faster this happens is best in reducing greenhouse gas emissions

3) Reducing coal fired pollution will save lives.

4) Using solar power is good for both the country & the planet & good for those who use them.

I use an electric car however I have not purchased the solar panels. I am looking at the new solar tiles. The solar panels are butt ugly while the solar roof tiles are much less of an eyesore.

Don’t buy solar panels and buy American stuff. Problem solved. It’s when the tariff gets slapped on food, that’s when you see where folks REALLY stand on trade wars.

1. Most likely China and South Korea will retaliate thus making American products more expensive as it is and harder to compete overseas.

2. Most likely these countries will lower their prices to compensate thus making those products still cheaper than American made.

3. It doesn’t make sense when loosing 23,000 jobs then at the same time we are paying more for higher prices.

4. Currently Samsung ( washing machines ) has about 20,000 workers here in US. They just invested another $380 millions to create another 1,000 jobs in Newberry, SC. What do you think will happen if these shutdown at the same we still paying higher prices?

5. Just because you are a Trump followers that is willing to pay for higher prices. It doesn’t mean you represents the whole Americas willing to accept paying higher prices.

So if these countries lower their prices how does the American consumer lose? They are paying the same price plus we are getting a tax on the imports. That part of your argument supports the hike in the import tax. Now, if the price is the same that it was before, then there will be no job losses because of the increased tariff.

They borrowed 1.5 trillion that was to go towards making America more competitive. If other countries lower their rate, nothing accomplished. except we still owe 1.5 trillion.

The supposed purpose of the tariff on the panels is so people no longer import them and buy US ones./ So where are the import tax revenues?

Panels will cost 30% more. Making solar less competitive & helping out Trumps buddies in the fossil fuel industry.

It is virtually federal policy for some on the left to not take the right wing seriously about economics.

Fossil Fuel Subsidies & Finance - Oil Change International

After your total bomb in the last thread, no sane person would take you seriously.

It is virtually federal policy for some on the left to not take the right wing seriously about economics.

After your total bomb in the last thread, no sane person would take you seriously.
that is your opinion.

that is your opinion.

No, it is a fact, the way we know it is a fact is that you know you will never act on it because it wouldn't survive a court hearing. That is the only reason a person that claims to be this passionate the subject would not do a damn thing about his idea. You got nothing and won't prove otherwise.

that is your opinion.

No, it is a fact, the way we know it is a fact is that you know you will never act on it because it wouldn't survive a court hearing. That is the only reason a person that claims to be this passionate the subject would not do a damn thing about his idea. You got nothing and won't prove otherwise.
that is your opinion; you need to be able to substantiate your currently unsubstantiated opinion, with more than hearsay and soothsay.

that is your opinion.

that is your opinion; you need to be able to substantiate your currently unsubstantiated opinion, with more than hearsay and soothsay.

Prove me wrong, all you have are empty words with less action.

Who said the rich have all the money? No one. So why are you talking about it?

Your stupid pie theory. If there is only one pie, and it's divided into pieces, that means that some get a larger piece of that pie than others, and there is no other pie for those with smaller pieces to share the wealth.

Unless you can tell me that some of that pie is in limbo waiting to be taken, then there really is no pie. Money is infinite in this country, and everybody can make as much of it as they want. It doesn't matter how much wealth anybody else has. That's the point.

Jesus Fuck Ray. Go back to school & try to learn something this time.

This country's wealth is a finite number at any given point in time.

No wonder you voted for Trump.

It is? Then where do raises come from, investment profits, capital gains, loans?????

If money were finite, everybody would have their piece by now and no ability to get more.

that is your opinion.

that is your opinion.

Which has nothing to do with what I stated but at least you can come up with a meaningless deflection. You still hoping for a $14 an hour raise? LOL!

that is your opinion.

Which has nothing to do with what I stated but at least you can come up with a meaningless deflection. You still hoping for a $14 an hour raise? LOL!

Ask those in the solar industries who have jobs installing solar panel systems & now have less work because the higher priced solar panels &make them less competitive. That industry employs more than coal.

This us an example of Trump's lack of knowledge, education, and out right stupidity.

People are not wasting money on solar panels because they'll never get their money back. All fuel dropped in price which makes alternative energy a bad investment.
As usual, Ray, you are full of shit.

The price was coming down & then the fossil fuel industry got their orange puppet to cause the costs to go up.

But hey, Ray, most people would actually pay more now & help provide their offspring a better future.

Asswipes like you say "Fuck my kids, I'm saving a few bucks."

As soon as Ttump & your dumbass America-hating Republicans get thrown out, the situation will change back.

HTF does solar panels provide my children with a better future? Are solar panels going to put them through college or something?

Now would your ignorant ass please explain how Trump had anything to do with solar panels? The feds still pay between 30% and 50% of the cost.

Fewer emissions you stupid fucking shit. You will condemn your children to a more difficult future so you can maybe save a few bucks.solar system

Trump put a 30% tariff on imported panels. That makes going solar much more expensive & fewer systems installed. Not only will will cause of loss of tens of thousands of jobs but increase the use of fossil fuels.

I would suggest that before you post that you get better informed.

I am more informed then you propaganda tool, it's pay back for the left's 40 year war on coal...

If you tards want to use solar panels so bad , wouldn't you spend any amount of money to....save the wales, save the snails?

Actually coal mining has been decreasing for like 80 years or better. In another thread several months ago someone put up a graph that showed the decline. I was very surprised myself.

Your stupid pie theory. If there is only one pie, and it's divided into pieces, that means that some get a larger piece of that pie than others, and there is no other pie for those with smaller pieces to share the wealth.

Unless you can tell me that some of that pie is in limbo waiting to be taken, then there really is no pie. Money is infinite in this country, and everybody can make as much of it as they want. It doesn't matter how much wealth anybody else has. That's the point.

Ray only knows what the rich right wing cronies have told him. I've showed him facts and why something is true, and he ignores it, and ignores it until he'll say "I don't care".

He'll contradict himself time and time and time again, he doesn't seem to know what he's said from one minute to the next, as long as he thinks it's following his agenda of keeping the rich richer.

It is? Then where do raises come from, investment profits, capital gains, loans?????

If money were finite, everybody would have their piece by now and no ability to get more.

Ray, image you're running a business and you're making $10,000 profit a month selling something.
Then you do a deal with Walmart to sell your stuff there and all of a sudden you're making $15,000 a month.

Maybe then you think "Hey, my boss is making it rich, I'll ask for a raise" and he thinks "I'm making an extra $5,000 a month, let's give this guy $500 extra a month".

But on the other side is the company that had the Walmart contract before. They've just lost $5,000 a month. They were making $10,000 a profit a month, now they're making $5,000 profit a month.

Do you think those workers are going to be getting a raise?

You are all talk and no action. You just continue to get slapped around on these threads and are still totally clueless.

Just one week after the Trump administration announced a massive 30% tariff on imported solar panels, one of China's largest solar panel manufacturers announced plans to open a manufacturing plant in the United States.

The company, JinkoSolar, said on Monday that they have received the green light from their board of directors to "finalize planning for the construction of an advanced solar manufacturing facility in the U.S." CNN Money reports:

The statement suggested Jinko's decision was tied to the new tariffs, saying that the company "continues to closely monitor treatment of imports of solar cells and modules under the U.S. trade laws."

It appears as though JinkoSolar may not be the only company moving manufacturing operations to the United States to avoid paying the tariff. CNN adds:

There are other indications that foreign solar companies are bringing manufacturing to the U.S.

Documents filed with the local government in Jacksonville, Florida, this month state that a "leading international manufacturer of solar panels and modules" is seeking to invest more than $400 million in building a manufacturing plant in the city.

The facility, code-named "Project Volt," will create 800 jobs between now and the end of next year, according to the documents.

STABLE GENIUS: Trump Jacks Up Tariffs On Solar Panels. Here's How China Responded.

Ray, image you're running a business and you're making $10,000 profit a month selling something.
Then you do a deal with Walmart to sell your stuff there and all of a sudden you're making $15,000 a month.

Maybe then you think "Hey, my boss is making it rich, I'll ask for a raise" and he thinks "I'm making an extra $5,000 a month, let's give this guy $500 extra a month".

But on the other side is the company that had the Walmart contract before. They've just lost $5,000 a month. They were making $10,000 a profit a month, now they're making $5,000 profit a month.

Do you think those workers are going to be getting a raise?
just right wing feel good policies that have no lasting effect but for debt.

You are all talk and no action. You just continue to get slapped around on these threads and are still totally clueless.
with what; y'all have nothing but fallacy.

And, a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, healthcare reform and equal protection of the law, is a left wing platform.

Just one week after the Trump administration announced a massive 30% tariff on imported solar panels, one of China's largest solar panel manufacturers announced plans to open a manufacturing plant in the United States.

The company, JinkoSolar, said on Monday that they have received the green light from their board of directors to "finalize planning for the construction of an advanced solar manufacturing facility in the U.S." CNN Money reports:

The statement suggested Jinko's decision was tied to the new tariffs, saying that the company "continues to closely monitor treatment of imports of solar cells and modules under the U.S. trade laws."

It appears as though JinkoSolar may not be the only company moving manufacturing operations to the United States to avoid paying the tariff. CNN adds:

There are other indications that foreign solar companies are bringing manufacturing to the U.S.

Documents filed with the local government in Jacksonville, Florida, this month state that a "leading international manufacturer of solar panels and modules" is seeking to invest more than $400 million in building a manufacturing plant in the city.

The facility, code-named "Project Volt," will create 800 jobs between now and the end of next year, according to the documents.

STABLE GENIUS: Trump Jacks Up Tariffs On Solar Panels. Here's How China Responded.
tariffs are still a tax. Your guy claimed to be for lowering taxes.

Our own infrastructure is lagging and we could be improving the efficiency of our economy, not indulging alleged Capitalists whining about taxes, instead of making like Henry Ford, via Individualism and not the Institutionalism of a tax break.

Forum List

Back