🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trade Wars - just getting started

You say that living in a free country you can earn as much as you desire. But it's not the case in the US, is it?

Why? Well, because the government, basically run by the rich, is going to make that more and more difficult for you to do. It's been happening since the 1980s, since Reagan. Smaller businesses are getting less. Surely if everyone had the freedom to make as much money as they want, then smaller businesses would be thriving, instead they dying.

They are dying because of technology just like larger businesses. Wal-Mart closed down nearly a hundred stores recently and are preparing for the future.

Opening up your own business is not the only way to share in wealth. I work for a small business. We have less than a dozen employees. My employer is thrilled about Trump's efforts and tax bill.

The top 0.1% is taking control, putting people in their place, and taking a massive slice of the pie.

There is no pie. This idiotic philosophy that when one has too much, that's the reason others have too little is flawed. Until the day comes where I ask my employer for a raise, and he tells me he'd love to give me one, but the wealthy have all the money, then your theory holds no water. Or if I go to the bank for a loan, and they tell me they'd love to give me one, but the rich have all the money, then again, your theory is flawed.

I want the govt to be run by the people for the people. I want the government to promote smaller businesses over larger corporations. I want the govt to be immune from being bought by large businesses, I want govt to stop making laws that favor large multinational governments.

What laws do you speak of that favor multinational governments? And what is a multinational government anyway?

Ray, you're talking about some people, estimates are about 3 million, who are getting bonuses. Many of them probably got bonuses before. In the last recession more than 7 million people lost their homes.

So you are just speculating now with no evidence to support your claim.....typical.

People are getting raises and bonuses due to the tax cut. Even liberal organizations are admitting this. It's called trickle-down; something leftists have berated for decades. Now they are finding out trickle-down works.

Smaller businesses are dying because of technology? Really? The fact that large multinationals are often paying no tax when the smaller businesses are paying tax has no bearing on this? The fact that large multinationals and massively rich people control govt has no bearing on this? It's just technology and you can prove it with... wait, what evidence do you have?

Sure, your boss is thrilled at the Trump tax cut, just like you are. So what? That doesn't mean he'll be thrilled in 5 years time.

There is no pie? What the fuck are you talking about Ray?

Then you try and prove it by saying the rich have ALL THE MONEY. I didn't say that Ray, would it be possible, just one fucking time, for you to stay on topic?

The rest I can't be bothered to reply to. It's the same on delusional crap from Ray.

Correct. There is no pie. As a society we don't each get a piece. If you want to make more money, then make more money. Nobody is stopping you. "The Pie" is liberal nonsense that promotes the reason some have too little is because others have too much. It's a lie. What you or I have is not based on what others have, it's based on what we worked for.

Yes, businesses are suffering because of online sales. It's not just price, but convenience. Online sales grow every year as more people get connected to the internet. It hurts all businesses alike. Mom and Pop stores are not competing with Macy's.
Poor uneducated Ray.

The pie does exist because it is a tool to understand economics.

If we looked at the pie 40 years ago & studied how big a slice the wealthy had it would be much smaller than the piece they own today.

That is called redistribution of wealth.

A process you right wing dumbasses support. Why? Because you have been duped bu a mythical trickle down economics,.

You are sofa king stupid you think handing money to wealthy people will create jobs or increase your pay.

You dipsticks danced naked around the fire when Apply gave out bonuses. You were actually dumb enough to think the tax cuts allowed this ignoring that a near 15 billion in profits evidently did not.

Trump & The Republicans just infused tens if billions into the stock market & you asswipes think it is our economy making the market go up.

The problem with this country is that there are too many ignorant jackasses who think they know shit. Ray, you don't know shit.

Who pays these tariffs, US consumers.

Yes, just like who pays the minimum wage increases. You weren't so concerned about the American consumer then.

Just import slave labor. Wait, you don't want to import slave labor, you want US citizens to be the slaves.
I sure as the fuck don’t want anymore illegals.

The problem is what you want is often contradictory.

Do you want people working for low wages? Do you to make American great? Do you want Americans to have a decent standard of living? Do you want to buy American? Do you want to buy cheap?

What do you want?
Anytime prices are high you can blame frivolous lawsuits, unions, and political correctness.

I understand the need of assholes like you to use racial slurs & spew your bigotry. "OMG OMG Political correctness"

No one is stopping you from being an ignorant fuck. I have the right of free speech to call you out on it.

Workers have a right to organize. It is a basic principle of this country. But hey, you keep believing that the only way a company can survive is to pay their workers shit pay, with few benefits in a dangerous workplace. This is how far you have been duped by Corporate America.

Blocking lawsuits & dictating how much my eye is worth if I lose it in an industrial accident is another cornerstone of right wing stupidity.

It starts with the rhetoric. Then it goes to the demands.

Then you pull out of trade agreements like TPP & soon NAFTA.

You then call our best trading partners, Canada & Mexico, names & insult their leaders.

Then you slap tariffs on products.

What will happen when other countries call the Trump tax cut on corporations a government subsidy & use it to slap tariffs on US goods.

These decisions Trump makes have consequences. Consequence he either ignores or is too stupid to know?

Slapping that tariff on solar panels might help the US panel manufacturers but it makes solar energy more expensive & the industry expects to lose tens of thousands of jobs. Of course, making solar more expensive helps the fossil fuel industry (Trump's buddies) while increasing our greenhouse gas emissions.

Don’t buy solar panels and buy American stuff. Problem solved. It’s when the tariff gets slapped on food, that’s when you see where folks REALLY stand on trade wars.

Yes, just like who pays the minimum wage increases. You weren't so concerned about the American consumer then.

Just import slave labor. Wait, you don't want to import slave labor, you want US citizens to be the slaves.

Do you want people working for low wages? Do you to make American great? Do you want Americans to have a decent standard of living? Do you want to buy American? Do you want to buy cheap?

What do you want?
Anytime prices are high you can blame frivolous lawsuits, unions, and political correctness.

I understand the need of assholes like you to use racial slurs & spew your bigotry. "OMG OMG Political correctness"

No one is stopping you from being an ignorant fuck. I have the right of free speech to call you out on it.

Workers have a right to organize. It is a basic principle of this country. But hey, you keep believing that the only way a company can survive is to pay their workers shit pay, with few benefits in a dangerous workplace. This is how far you have been duped by Corporate America.

Blocking lawsuits & dictating how much my eye is worth if I lose it in an industrial accident is another cornerstone of right wing stupidity.
Being politically correct gets you nowhere, in fact it makes you look weak

There is so much wrong with the OP, it's hard to know where to start. We've been in a "trade war" for years, but we are only now starting to fight back. And now that we're fighting back, of course the globalists are sounding the alarm bells and issuing all kinds of phony warnings about the dire consequences of America doing the same thing that many nations have been doing for years, i.e., protecting their own industries and jobs.

Mexico has been robbing us blind in trade for years, thanks to NAFTA. The Mexican government deserves to be insulted, given their arrogant, entitled attitude. How many countries get to get rid of their many of their least-skilled workers and criminals by sending them to live in another country?

So-called "free traders" either don't know or ignore the fact that America thrived for nearly a century under a strongly protectionist trade policy. Abe Lincoln was an ardent protectionist. So were Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes, Theodore Roosevelt, and Howard Taft.

This will come as a shock to many of you conservative luddites, but the world is a vastly different place that it was during the days of Lincoln and Grant and Taft.

When Taft was POTUS my son could not logon to the internet, order clothes directly from China and be wearing them in less than 2 weeks.

What worked back in the days of Lincoln will not necessarily work now.

So, what changed that means that trade that leads to less jobs here and more jobs there, does not fuck US?

Nope, it does not fuck us. It means that we adapt and evolve.

That was the line sold to US back in the 80s.

Competition was supposed to force US manufacturers to become more competitive.

Workers would quickly retrain for the new high tech jobs.

That did not happen.

Our trade deficits grow every year.

Our wages have stagnated.

Whole communities are dying.

This policy has failed.
Tax cuts with no infrastructure plan, does that.

You say that living in a free country you can earn as much as you desire. But it's not the case in the US, is it?

Why? Well, because the government, basically run by the rich, is going to make that more and more difficult for you to do. It's been happening since the 1980s, since Reagan. Smaller businesses are getting less. Surely if everyone had the freedom to make as much money as they want, then smaller businesses would be thriving, instead they dying.

They are dying because of technology just like larger businesses. Wal-Mart closed down nearly a hundred stores recently and are preparing for the future.

Opening up your own business is not the only way to share in wealth. I work for a small business. We have less than a dozen employees. My employer is thrilled about Trump's efforts and tax bill.

The top 0.1% is taking control, putting people in their place, and taking a massive slice of the pie.

There is no pie. This idiotic philosophy that when one has too much, that's the reason others have too little is flawed. Until the day comes where I ask my employer for a raise, and he tells me he'd love to give me one, but the wealthy have all the money, then your theory holds no water. Or if I go to the bank for a loan, and they tell me they'd love to give me one, but the rich have all the money, then again, your theory is flawed.

I want the govt to be run by the people for the people. I want the government to promote smaller businesses over larger corporations. I want the govt to be immune from being bought by large businesses, I want govt to stop making laws that favor large multinational governments.

What laws do you speak of that favor multinational governments? And what is a multinational government anyway?

Ray, you're talking about some people, estimates are about 3 million, who are getting bonuses. Many of them probably got bonuses before. In the last recession more than 7 million people lost their homes.

So you are just speculating now with no evidence to support your claim.....typical.

People are getting raises and bonuses due to the tax cut. Even liberal organizations are admitting this. It's called trickle-down; something leftists have berated for decades. Now they are finding out trickle-down works.

Smaller businesses are dying because of technology? Really? The fact that large multinationals are often paying no tax when the smaller businesses are paying tax has no bearing on this? The fact that large multinationals and massively rich people control govt has no bearing on this? It's just technology and you can prove it with... wait, what evidence do you have?

Sure, your boss is thrilled at the Trump tax cut, just like you are. So what? That doesn't mean he'll be thrilled in 5 years time.

Then you try and prove it by saying the rich have ALL THE MONEY. I didn't say that Ray, would it be possible, just one fucking time, for you to stay on topic?

The rest I can't be bothered to reply to. It's the same on delusional crap from Ray.

Correct. There is no pie. As a society we don't each get a piece. If you want to make more money, then make more money. Nobody is stopping you. "The Pie" is liberal nonsense that promotes the reason some have too little is because others have too much. It's a lie. What you or I have is not based on what others have, it's based on what we worked for.

Yes, businesses are suffering because of online sales. It's not just price, but convenience. Online sales grow every year as more people get connected to the internet. It hurts all businesses alike. Mom and Pop stores are not competing with Macy's.
Poor uneducated Ray.

If we looked at the pie 40 years ago & studied how big a slice the wealthy had it would be much smaller than the piece they own today.

A process you right wing dumbasses support. Why? Because you have been duped bu a mythical trickle down economics,.

You are sofa king stupid you think handing money to wealthy people will create jobs or increase your pay.

You dipsticks danced naked around the fire when Apply gave out bonuses. You were actually dumb enough to think the tax cuts allowed this ignoring that a near 15 billion in profits evidently did not.

Trump & The Republicans just infused tens if billions into the stock market & you asswipes think it is our economy making the market go up.

The problem with this country is that there are too many ignorant jackasses who think they know shit. Ray, you don't know shit.

The problem is he doesn't realize that the pie is just a way of saying something. He's just deflecting again.

What do you want?

Being politically correct gets you nowhere, in fact it makes you look weak

Funny chit. Ignoring being politically collect makes you look like an ignorant fool. Proof: Donald J Trump - Shithole in Chief.

Poor uneducated Ray.

Why are Republicans all of a sudden now investing in the stock market?

You then call our best trading partners, Canada & Mexico, names & insult their leaders.
....s.

These people have been insulting our leader.

And Trump is willing to have trade agreements, just ones that don't fuck US.

So, why is this on Trump and not on them?

1) Trump insulted them

2) Reporting on stupid shit Trump does is not insulting him. It is reporting what he says & does.

3) These trade deals are not "fucking" us.

1. They started it.

2. Yes it is. And most of it is utter bullshit.

3. THose trade deals are totally fucking US.

1. Wrong again dude.
2. Wring again dude. It’s a fact.
3. Wrong again dude. Give an example why you think they are fucking us?

1. Those assholes were badmouthing Trump when he was still just a candidate focused on his primary opponents. They started it.

2. Stating something over and over again, no matter how well you project certainty, does not make it a fact. The majority of the claims are bullshit.

3. An example? The massive human cost of the Rust Belt.

1. Trumpy started it.
2. Its a fact.
3. Wring again. Keep trying.

....s.

1) Trump insulted them

2) Reporting on stupid shit Trump does is not insulting him. It is reporting what he says & does.

Who gives a fuck If Trump insults them?

I insult lefties that are fools on here on a daily basis

It makes a big difference Bear. Just because you are tough key board commando talking tough here doesn’t represent the reality except in a bar or in the the forest.

In Trump case insulting other people or countries only shows he is ignorant, not a leader, incompetent, arrogant, bully etc etc wtc.

Correct, because when good leaders are attacked first, they sit there and take it.

Except that your dude Trump is doing the attack first even without provocation.

Name what country or president that attack US president?

What will happen when other countries call the Trump tax cut on corporations a government subsidy & use it to slap tariffs on US goods.

These decisions Trump makes have consequences. Consequence he either ignores or is too stupid to know?

Slapping that tariff on solar panels might help the US panel manufacturers but it makes solar energy more expensive & the industry expects to lose tens of thousands of jobs. Of course, making solar more expensive helps the fossil fuel industry (Trump's buddies) while increasing our greenhouse gas emissions.

Fuck China and Mexico. Build in USA.

They are far cheaper to build in those countries than here in US. Unless you take massive pay cuts.
Don’t you think we could have done before already?

1) Trump insulted them

It makes a big difference Bear. Just because you are tough key board commando talking tough here doesn’t represent the reality except in a bar or in the the forest.

In Trump case insulting other people or countries only shows he is ignorant, not a leader, incompetent, arrogant, bully etc etc wtc.

Correct, because when good leaders are attacked first, they sit there and take it.

How about you name somebody who didn't attack Trump first? There are very few. Trump usually insults after he's been attacked in some way or form.

Poor uneducated Ray.

The problem is he doesn't realize that the pie is just a way of saying something. He's just deflecting again.

Correct, it is saying something. It's saying there is only a finite amount of money, and everybody gets a share of some sort. That's why it's a false statement.

Poor uneducated Ray.

Sorry Real Dumb Dave, but you don't know WTF you're talking about.

First off nobody is handing rich people any money, we are just allowing them to keep more of their own money that they created. You commies think that all wealth belongs to government, and it's up to them to decide how much of that wealth you created that you are allowed to keep.

Redistribution of wealth does not mean people keeping their own money, it means taking their money and giving it to others or government.

Apple (and other companies) always had that kind of money, but most are telling us that it is the tax cuts that allowed them to give bonuses and raises without jeopardizing their growth. If you knew anything about business (which you don't) you would understand that what a company grosses or nets is irrelevant in the business world. It's growth that lures investors to their company.

Trump didn't infuse anything into the stock market, that was your big eared hero who allowed the feds to pump trillions into the market with phony money. It was called Quantitive Easing; look it up sometime. The stock market today IS reflecting the economy for the first time in years.

Ray, I really can't express how painful it is to talk to you.

Well when you find a way, please do. I'll enjoy the hell out of it. :banana::banana::banana:

1) Trump insulted them

How about you name somebody who didn't attack Trump first? There are very few. Trump usually insults after he's been attacked in some way or form.

I asked you first didn’t I? Now answer my question first before I will answer yours.

Don’t buy solar panels and buy American stuff. Problem solved. It’s when the tariff gets slapped on food, that’s when you see where folks REALLY stand on trade wars.

Here’s the problem with that:
1. Most likely China and South Korea will retaliate thus making American products more expensive as it is and harder to compete overseas.

2. Most likely these countries will lower their prices to compensate thus making those products still cheaper than American made.

3. It doesn’t make sense when loosing 23,000 jobs then at the same time we are paying more for higher prices.

4. Currently Samsung ( washing machines ) has about 20,000 workers here in US. They just invested another $380 millions to create another 1,000 jobs in Newberry, SC. What do you think will happen if these shutdown at the same we still paying higher prices?

5. Just because you are a Trump followers that is willing to pay for higher prices. It doesn’t mean you represents the whole Americas willing to accept paying higher prices.

Every time we have a trade wars the biggest losers are the consumers.

Here’s the problem with that:
1. Most likely China and South Korea will retaliate thus making American products more expensive as it is and harder to compete overseas.

2. Most likely these countries will lower their prices to compensate thus making those products still cheaper than American made.

3. It doesn’t make sense when loosing 23,000 jobs then at the same time we are paying more for higher prices.

4. Currently Samsung ( washing machines ) has about 20,000 workers here in US. They just invested another $380 millions to create another 1,000 jobs in Newberry, SC. What do you think will happen if these shutdown at the same we still paying higher prices?

5. Just because you are a Trump followers that is willing to pay for higher prices. It doesn’t mean you represents the whole Americas willing to accept paying higher prices.

Every time we have a trade wars the biggest losers are the consumers.

Could be. But Americans are to stupid and lazy to deal with lean times. When one tomato costs $15 bucks because of a trade war with Mexico the towel will get tossed.

Forum List

Back