🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trade Wars - just getting started

So how much does a typical solar panel cost? How many of the panels do you need for a home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you live up north, it doesn't really matter all that much since half of the year your roof is covered with snow. Bad investment.

So the snow on panels is not removable.

If you want to climb on the roof and clear it. I wouldn’t, I don’t climb on roofs.

Slashing the corporate rate could be seen as the government subsidizing industry. It has in the past.

Nope. Not if it's all companies, instead of just favored exporters.

The US has filed complaints when other countries did similar things.

Sure, when the EU gives Airbus a special, lower tax.

"Germany and other European nations see the tax bill as an attempt to penalize imports and discourage trade from other countries. In a lot of ways, they are right. "

Yup, when you make your domestic companies more competitive, you might buy fewer imports.

To think that no country will do anything is so naive. So naive for your orange dumbass buddy & so naive for you.

They're free to institute their own tax cuts.

Then Trumps cut is worthless & it just cost us hundreds of billions in lost revenue.

Not worthless to me and my family.

Just how great will more pollution, higher effects of global warming, more national debt, less education, less access to health care be for your family.

All on trade for that extra $80/week.

What a terrible parent you are. You put your family's future at risk for a few bucks.

Pathetic. Real pathetic.

Dumbest post this year. Left wing nuts are nothing but drama and you know drama.

Who pays these tariffs, US consumers.

Yes, just like who pays the minimum wage increases. You weren't so concerned about the American consumer then.

Just import slave labor. Wait, you don't want to import slave labor, you want US citizens to be the slaves.
I sure as the fuck don’t want anymore illegals.

The problem is what you want is often contradictory.

Do you want people working for low wages? Do you to make American great? Do you want Americans to have a decent standard of living? Do you want to buy American? Do you want to buy cheap?

What do you want?

Yes, just like who pays the minimum wage increases. You weren't so concerned about the American consumer then.

Just import slave labor. Wait, you don't want to import slave labor, you want US citizens to be the slaves.

Correct. Giving people a job and allowing them to earn a paycheck is servitude. Geez.......

You missed the point entirely.

In the US it costs money to buy a home, to pay rent, to buy food. All of this costs money. In order to be able to survive in the US you need to be earning a certain amount of money. This depends where you live, but the reality is that people need to earn more money in the US than they would in China or Mexico or wherever.

Illegal immigrants, and even some legal immigrants are willing to work for less, they're willing to live in a room with 10 other guys, they're willing to eat cheaply, they're willing to do all of that. Americans often aren't. They expect a standard of living.

Having people working below such a standard of living might be considered slave labor. I'm not meaning slave labor literally.... just in case that went right over your head.

What does the right want? They want cheap labor AND they don't want illegal immigrants. That's a contradiction. I'm sorry you weren't able to get this simple point.

Correct. Giving people a job and allowing them to earn a paycheck is servitude. Geez.......

In the US it costs money to buy a home, to pay rent, to buy food. All of this costs money. In order to be able to survive in the US you need to be earning a certain amount of money. This depends where you live, but the reality is that people need to earn more money in the US than they would in China or Mexico or wherever.

Illegal immigrants, and even some legal immigrants are willing to work for less, they're willing to live in a room with 10 other guys, they're willing to eat cheaply, they're willing to do all of that. Americans often aren't. They expect a standard of living.

Having people working below such a standard of living might be considered slave labor. I'm not meaning slave labor literally.... just in case that went right over your head.

What does the right want? They want cheap labor AND they don't want illegal immigrants. That's a contradiction. I'm sorry you weren't able to get this simple point.

Sorry, but nobody is slave anything if they accepted a job on the employers terms. In this country, if you want to earn more money, you need to provide a higher standard of labor. It's all up to the individual.

How much you earn is not a societal issue, it's a personal issue. If you desire to do menial work, then you get menial pay. The lefts idea is that you get quality pay for menial work, and that just doesn't happen these days.

What the right perches is earning as much as you can through your own efforts and hard work. The left teaches you that if you don't get the pay you desire, you are a victim and not in control of your destiny.

Sorry, but nobody is slave anything if they accepted a job on the employers terms. In this country, if you want to earn more money, you need to provide a higher standard of labor. It's all up to the individual.

How much you earn is not a societal issue, it's a personal issue. If you desire to do menial work, then you get menial pay. The lefts idea is that you get quality pay for menial work, and that just doesn't happen these days.

What the right perches is earning as much as you can through your own efforts and hard work. The left teaches you that if you don't get the pay you desire, you are a victim and not in control of your destiny.

Yes Ray, you keep bigging it up for the rich to get richer.

wealth-same.jpg

The top 0.1% owned nearly 25% of the wealth in the US in 2012. That's higher now and has been getting higher and higher since the 1980s.

wealth-06-1.png

The top 1% own 40% of the wealth in the US in 2016, and rising.

138.gif

The US has one of the lowest levels of wealth owned by the bottom 90% in the world.

It's hardly surprising really, is it? They control politics.

They make tax laws that give their companies a free ride. They make tax laws that give their person wealth a free ride.

PAC%20Spending.png

PAC spending has been increasing every year.

historical-presidential-campaign-spending.png

Election spending has increased.

Net worth of United States Senators and Representatives - Ballotpedia

Average worth of Congress is increasing year on year.

2004 the average was $6 million, 2011 it was nearly $8 million.

Average wages, median wages, and wage dispersion

In that time the median wage rose from 23,355 to 26,965

Had political wealth increased at the same rate it would have been $6.93 million. So you see the politicians are getting richer, the rich are getting richer, the poor are getting poorer, the amount of money in politics is rising, the laws are benefiting the rich more and more.

The US is at the bottom of the pile for wealth for the 90%, small businesses are becoming less and less and large businesses are becoming more and more powerful.

And you support all of this.

wealth-same.jpg

The top 0.1% owned nearly 25% of the wealth in the US in 2012. That's higher now and has been getting higher and higher since the 1980s.

wealth-06-1.png

138.gif

The US has one of the lowest levels of wealth owned by the bottom 90% in the world.

They make tax laws that give their companies a free ride. They make tax laws that give their person wealth a free ride.

PAC%20Spending.png

Had political wealth increased at the same rate it would have been $6.93 million. So you see the politicians are getting richer, the rich are getting richer, the poor are getting poorer, the amount of money in politics is rising, the laws are benefiting the rich more and more.

The US is at the bottom of the pile for wealth for the 90%, small businesses are becoming less and less and large businesses are becoming more and more powerful.

Yes, that's the fortunes of living in a free country; you can earn as much or as little as you desire.

So what do you want to do about it? Do you want the government to take more money from the wealthy? And if they do, how would that benefit the poor?

I hope you know that Hillary raised a record amount in campaign contributions; you know, the Hillary that wants to get even with those one-percenters club she's a member of?

The laws are benefiting the rich more and more? Tell that to the rich folks in NY or California who are complaining about Trump's mortgage interest write-offs over 750K and SALT limitations. Those rich people are plenty pissed and in fact, Mayor DeBlasio wants to sue the federal government because of the new tax code against the rich.

wealth-same.jpg

wealth-06-1.png

138.gif

PAC%20Spending.png

Yes, that's the fortunes of living in a free country; you can earn as much or as little as you desire.

So what do you want to do about it? Do you want the government to take more money from the wealthy? And if they do, how would that benefit the poor?

I hope you know that Hillary raised a record amount in campaign contributions; you know, the Hillary that wants to get even with those one-percenters club she's a member of?

The laws are benefiting the rich more and more? Tell that to the rich folks in NY or California who are complaining about Trump's mortgage interest write-offs over 750K and SALT limitations. Those rich people are plenty pissed and in fact, Mayor DeBlasio wants to sue the federal government because of the new tax code against the rich.

Freedom.

My father once told me that he had been an anarchist. I don't really believe him, it might have been that he went to a few meetings or something like that, no idea.

I thought about anarchy as a political movement and it struck me as rather ridiculous. Why?

Well, Anarchy is basically getting rid of all governments as we know it.

Basically anarchy would fail because individuals would get together in groups and form governments. The power vacuum left by Anarchy would be filled and would probably be filled by people using murder, violence and torture to get whatever they want. See somewhere like Somalia as an example.

That's freedom. That's true, unadulterated freedom.

What governments do is they restrict freedom in many ways in order to make society function. You're not allowed to murder, for example, there are many laws for individuals, for the government, for businesses so that society can function.

You say that living in a free country you can earn as much as you desire. But it's not the case in the US, is it?

Why? Well, because the government, basically run by the rich, is going to make that more and more difficult for you to do. It's been happening since the 1980s, since Reagan. Smaller businesses are getting less. Surely if everyone had the freedom to make as much money as they want, then smaller businesses would be thriving, instead they dying.

The top 0.1% is taking control, putting people in their place, and taking a massive slice of the pie.

No, I don't want the government to take the money from the top 0.1% or 1%.

I want the govt to be run by the people for the people. I want the government to promote smaller businesses over larger corporations. I want the govt to be immune from being bought by large businesses, I want govt to stop making laws that favor large multinational governments.

Ray, you're talking about some people, estimates are about 3 million, who are getting bonuses. Many of them probably got bonuses before. In the last recession more than 7 million people lost their homes.

Getting money now to only lose it in 4 years time is an age old tactic, it makes people feel good, they ignore the problems, they allow the rich to get richer, thinking they're getting a slice of the pie, and then another recession hits and they're fucked. The rich take another larger slice of the pie and they're happy and you've forgotten the days of getting a nice bonus.

You're being taken for a ride and you're asking to help do the promotion of the ride too. It's sad.

It starts with the rhetoric. Then it goes to the demands.

Then you pull out of trade agreements like TPP & soon NAFTA.

You then call our best trading partners, Canada & Mexico, names & insult their leaders.

Then you slap tariffs on products.

What will happen when other countries call the Trump tax cut on corporations a government subsidy & use it to slap tariffs on US goods.

These decisions Trump makes have consequences. Consequence he either ignores or is too stupid to know?

Slapping that tariff on solar panels might help the US panel manufacturers but it makes solar energy more expensive & the industry expects to lose tens of thousands of jobs. Of course, making solar more expensive helps the fossil fuel industry (Trump's buddies) while increasing our greenhouse gas emissions.

The orange turd has no clue how to do legitimate business. He thinks the mafia style bullshit he's used on contractors and other small businesses in the US will work on a global scale.

The trade deficit with China alone is about $350 billion. US exports to China are $116 billion while imports from China are $463 billion. Soooooo, let's put a tariff on each dollar of 30% for both sides. Who wins this war and who gets their clock cleaned. It is no contest. The US isn't what it was in 1955. China is where we were back then with the leverage that the US had back then.

Trump and his followers live in and pine for a past that doesn't exist anymore. And US business is about to pay a huge price for that ignorance, as will the standing of the US in the world.

You say that living in a free country you can earn as much as you desire. But it's not the case in the US, is it?

Why? Well, because the government, basically run by the rich, is going to make that more and more difficult for you to do. It's been happening since the 1980s, since Reagan. Smaller businesses are getting less. Surely if everyone had the freedom to make as much money as they want, then smaller businesses would be thriving, instead they dying.

They are dying because of technology just like larger businesses. Wal-Mart closed down nearly a hundred stores recently and are preparing for the future.

Opening up your own business is not the only way to share in wealth. I work for a small business. We have less than a dozen employees. My employer is thrilled about Trump's efforts and tax bill.

The top 0.1% is taking control, putting people in their place, and taking a massive slice of the pie.

There is no pie. This idiotic philosophy that when one has too much, that's the reason others have too little is flawed. Until the day comes where I ask my employer for a raise, and he tells me he'd love to give me one, but the wealthy have all the money, then your theory holds no water. Or if I go to the bank for a loan, and they tell me they'd love to give me one, but the rich have all the money, then again, your theory is flawed.

I want the govt to be run by the people for the people. I want the government to promote smaller businesses over larger corporations. I want the govt to be immune from being bought by large businesses, I want govt to stop making laws that favor large multinational governments.

What laws do you speak of that favor multinational governments? And what is a multinational government anyway?

Ray, you're talking about some people, estimates are about 3 million, who are getting bonuses. Many of them probably got bonuses before. In the last recession more than 7 million people lost their homes.

So you are just speculating now with no evidence to support your claim.....typical.

People are getting raises and bonuses due to the tax cut. Even liberal organizations are admitting this. It's called trickle-down; something leftists have berated for decades. Now they are finding out trickle-down works.

Do you want people working for low wages? Do you to make American great? Do you want Americans to have a decent standard of living? Do you want to buy American? Do you want to buy cheap?

What do you want?
Anytime prices are high you can blame frivolous lawsuits, unions, and political correctness.

They are dying because of technology just like larger businesses. Wal-Mart closed down nearly a hundred stores recently and are preparing for the future.

Opening up your own business is not the only way to share in wealth. I work for a small business. We have less than a dozen employees. My employer is thrilled about Trump's efforts and tax bill.

There is no pie. This idiotic philosophy that when one has too much, that's the reason others have too little is flawed. Until the day comes where I ask my employer for a raise, and he tells me he'd love to give me one, but the wealthy have all the money, then your theory holds no water. Or if I go to the bank for a loan, and they tell me they'd love to give me one, but the rich have all the money, then again, your theory is flawed.

What laws do you speak of that favor multinational governments? And what is a multinational government anyway?

So you are just speculating now with no evidence to support your claim.....typical.

People are getting raises and bonuses due to the tax cut. Even liberal organizations are admitting this. It's called trickle-down; something leftists have berated for decades. Now they are finding out trickle-down works.

Smaller businesses are dying because of technology? Really? The fact that large multinationals are often paying no tax when the smaller businesses are paying tax has no bearing on this? The fact that large multinationals and massively rich people control govt has no bearing on this? It's just technology and you can prove it with... wait, what evidence do you have?

Sure, your boss is thrilled at the Trump tax cut, just like you are. So what? That doesn't mean he'll be thrilled in 5 years time.

There is no pie? What the fuck are you talking about Ray?

Then you try and prove it by saying the rich have ALL THE MONEY. I didn't say that Ray, would it be possible, just one fucking time, for you to stay on topic?

The rest I can't be bothered to reply to. It's the same on delusional crap from Ray.

Don't confuse them ray..they may start thinking

Maybe, but if they ever start thinking, they'll start voting Republican.

They will if they ever get a job

Speaking of jobs. Do American workers stand to benefit from higher priced foreign products or not? The only reason we depend on foreign products is cheaper prices. So what happens if tariffs increase the cost of foreign goods? Well then, it makes US manufactured goods more competitive.

How about if the US is receiving parts which they assemble and ship to other countries?

Have you thought what this does to inflation?

So Europe is going to import these cheaper goods and because of a cheaper lifestyle and lower inflation they can export to US cheaper. Are you suggesting having a trade war with Europe? US exporters aren't going to be too happy then.

Speaking of jobs. Do American workers stand to benefit from higher priced foreign products or not? The only reason we depend on foreign products is cheaper prices. So what happens if tariffs increase the cost of foreign goods? Well then, it makes US manufactured goods more competitive.

How about if the US is receiving parts which they assemble and ship to other countries?

So Europe is going to import these cheaper goods and because of a cheaper lifestyle and lower inflation they can export to US cheaper. Are you suggesting having a trade war with Europe? US exporters aren't going to be too happy then.

Ray's handlers didn't tell him to think about this, so he won't think about this.

I've been working in industry most of my adult life, and not once have I ever delivered to a company that imported parts, assembled them and sent them back out overseas.

No, I don't think a trade war would be good, however the question was brought up about passing increasing costs to Americans. I was merely pointing out that it would reduce foreign competition. After all, the only reason we buy foreign products is because they can produce them cheaper.

Smaller businesses are dying because of technology? Really? The fact that large multinationals are often paying no tax when the smaller businesses are paying tax has no bearing on this? The fact that large multinationals and massively rich people control govt has no bearing on this? It's just technology and you can prove it with... wait, what evidence do you have?

Sure, your boss is thrilled at the Trump tax cut, just like you are. So what? That doesn't mean he'll be thrilled in 5 years time.

Then you try and prove it by saying the rich have ALL THE MONEY. I didn't say that Ray, would it be possible, just one fucking time, for you to stay on topic?

The rest I can't be bothered to reply to. It's the same on delusional crap from Ray.

Correct. There is no pie. As a society we don't each get a piece. If you want to make more money, then make more money. Nobody is stopping you. "The Pie" is liberal nonsense that promotes the reason some have too little is because others have too much. It's a lie. What you or I have is not based on what others have, it's based on what we worked for.

Yes, businesses are suffering because of online sales. It's not just price, but convenience. Online sales grow every year as more people get connected to the internet. It hurts all businesses alike. Mom and Pop stores are not competing with Macy's.

Correct. There is no pie. As a society we don't each get a piece. If you want to make more money, then make more money. Nobody is stopping you. "The Pie" is liberal nonsense that promotes the reason some have too little is because others have too much. It's a lie. What you or I have is not based on what others have, it's based on what we worked for.

Yes, businesses are suffering because of online sales. It's not just price, but convenience. Online sales grow every year as more people get connected to the internet. It hurts all businesses alike. Mom and Pop stores are not competing with Macy's.

Ray, I really can't express how painful it is to talk to you.

Ray, I really can't express how painful it is to talk to you.

Looks like the weirdo can’t counter the argument. Nice job Ray.

What do you want?

NO, yes, yes, yes, no.

Forum List

Back