Trade!

Trudeau wants Trump to remove the steel tariffs! Okay, Treaudu how bout ewe remove all tariffs on dairy? Ha! We are headed for zero tariffs anywhere! That’s good. Yes?
The dairy tariffs were addressed in the TPP Trump trashed.

regardless what the agreement says that Trump just signed he will be against it before the sun sets on Monday.

regardless what the agreement says that Trump just signed he will be against it before the sun sets on Monday.
You can be absolutely sure he has not read even a page of it.

"Sign where the little yellow sticky is, Mr. President."

Trudeau wants Trump to remove the steel tariffs! Okay, Treaudu how bout ewe remove all tariffs on dairy? Ha! We are headed for zero tariffs anywhere! That’s good. Yes?
We don't need their dairy. We got plenty of cows, cheese, whatever. Steel tariffs are a different ball game.

No its about our dairy going into Canada.
Canada's market is not that big; why is exporting dairy to Canada such a big deal?

abolish trade wars not subsidies!

We don't need their dairy. We got plenty of cows, cheese, whatever. Steel tariffs are a different ball game.

Canada's market is not that big; why is exporting dairy to Canada such a big deal?

I'm not sure. It must be that they don't have enough people producing dairy products??

Canada is a huge country with a low population so maybe they don't have enough dairy farmers so they import dairy products??

Canada actually only charges a 7.5 percent tariff on dairy. It is only after the dairy imports exceed their quotas does that number jump to 241 percent on some products, and 270 percent on some others.

Does Canada really charge a 270% tariff on milk?

So is Trump right on tariffs?

Yes and no. Yes, Canada has high milk tariffs beyond the allowed quotas, with an average duty of 218.5% on dairy. But on most other products, the country is roughly in line, with a trade-weighted average of 3.1% overall, WTO data show. “Trump’s use of 270% to besmirch Canada’s overall trade policies is disingenuous to be polite about it,” Derek Holt, an economist at Scotiabank, said in a research note. “Better judgment would question whether an entire trading relationship needs to be jeopardized in order to appeal to dairy farmers in Wisconsin.”

Interesting, do you happen to know how tariffs work?

I was wondering if someone was gonna let her down gently or just blow her lefty ass out of the water.

I was wondering if someone was gonna let her down gently or just blow her lefty ass out of the water.

She's actually pretty nice and I like talking to
her. She comes up with some pretty good posts.

She’s not all bad. She mellows out once the liquor kicks in.

Canada actually only charges a 7.5 percent tariff on dairy. It is only after the dairy imports exceed their quotas does that number jump to 241 percent on some products, and 270 percent on some others.

Does Canada really charge a 270% tariff on milk?

So is Trump right on tariffs?

Yes and no. Yes, Canada has high milk tariffs beyond the allowed quotas, with an average duty of 218.5% on dairy. But on most other products, the country is roughly in line, with a trade-weighted average of 3.1% overall, WTO data show. “Trump’s use of 270% to besmirch Canada’s overall trade policies is disingenuous to be polite about it,” Derek Holt, an economist at Scotiabank, said in a research note. “Better judgment would question whether an entire trading relationship needs to be jeopardized in order to appeal to dairy farmers in Wisconsin.”
chronic oversupply? subsidies may be better.

Guess she's like everyone else. A happy drunk??

As happy as a hammered tigerred?

As happy as a hammered tigerred?

Been there a few times and I'm sure you have too.

Forum List

Back