"Transgender" Fail; Next Up: Reverse Obergefell.. How Interracial Marriage Differs From Gay Marriage

Do you agree that Obergefell needs revisiting per New York vs Ferber?

• Yes, gay marriage isn't like interracial marriage. Children deserve a mother and father in marriage

• No, children's concerns don't matter in marriage. Behaviors are protected in the same way as race.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, at least you two are bumping the thread. I'll keep an eye out for any signs of manufacturing...

The signs of you manufacturing bullshit are all over this thread. All one has to do is open their eyes. :lol:

Inspired from here: Enough of this transgender nonsense. Post #1042
Rights granted go forwards, not backwards. Gay marriage is like legal interracial marriage....
. Gay marriage is not anything like interracial marriage wheret..
Mildred Loving- of the famous Loving v. Virginia decision that ended bans on mixed race marriages disagreed with you- not that you will accept the word of a woman who actually knew about marriage discrimination

You have tried to make this claim time and time again- and each time I point out that Mildred Loving directly contradicts you. And she knew about discrimination- and you are just a bigot.

My generation was bitterly divided over something that should have been so clear and right. The majority believed that what the judge said, that it was God's plan to keep people apart, and that government should discriminate against people in love. But I have lived long enough now to see big changes. The older generation's fears and prejudices have given way, and today's young people realize that if someone loves someone they have a right to marry.

Surrounded as I am now by wonderful children and grandchildren, not a day goes by that I don't think of Richard and our love, our right to marry, and how much it meant to me to have that freedom to marry the person precious to me, even if others thought he was the "wrong kind of person" for me to marry. I believe all Americans, no matter their race, no matter their sex, no matter their sexual orientation, should have that same freedom to marry. Government has no business imposing some people’s religious beliefs over others. Especially if it denies people’s civil rights.

I am still not a political person, but I am proud that Richard's and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, black or white, young or old, gay or straight seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That's what Loving, and loving, are all about.

NEW SAN FRANCISCO POLICE CHIEF INHERITS CITY DIVIDED BY RACE

article

So, how's this integration thing working out?

Was in San Francisco not to long ago in a public building where whites and blacks were waiting to conduct business. The waiting area was like oil and water. Whites avoided blacks and blacks avoided whites. There were only a couple of seats left in the waiting area and they were next to a couple of black folks. So my friend and I just strolled up, sat down and smiled at them and began reading magazines. First they avoided our gaze altogether. The other blacks nearby looked over with a look I can only describe as "are you serious? you must not be from around here." Then the black folks next to us began to squirm and fidget. Then they physically turned their bodies away as far as they could in the other direction. The whites on the other side of the room looked over at us like we had just landed from Mars. You could cut the tension in the air with a knife.

Oh please do tell more- what 'public building' would that be? Details please!

As I live in San Francisco, I am really curious where you managed to find a place like that.

As surprised as the idea that you would come to San Francisco when you might suffer the horrible situation of encountering actual homosexuals......

Why can't sodomites justify their own issues without trying to play the race card?
[Rhetorical] Why can’t rightwing bigots and racists stop being needlessly frightened and hateful toward gay and transgender Americans, respect their rights as citizens, and stop trying to disadvantage them through force of law in violation of the Constitution.

Why can't sodomites justify their own issues without trying to play the race card?

Are you saying that Mildred Loving was a sodomite?

Here is what she thought about marriage

My generation was bitterly divided over something that should have been so clear and right. The majority believed that what the judge said, that it was God's plan to keep people apart, and that government should discriminate against people in love. But I have lived long enough now to see big changes. The older generation's fears and prejudices have given way, and today's young people realize that if someone loves someone they have a right to marry.

Surrounded as I am now by wonderful children and grandchildren, not a day goes by that I don't think of Richard and our love, our right to marry, and how much it meant to me to have that freedom to marry the person precious to me, even if others thought he was the "wrong kind of person" for me to marry. I believe all Americans, no matter their race, no matter their sex, no matter their sexual orientation, should have that same freedom to marry. Government has no business imposing some people’s religious beliefs over others. Especially if it denies people’s civil rights.

I am still not a political person, but I am proud that Richard's and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, black or white, young or old, gay or straight seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That's what Loving, and loving, are all about.

But again, race and sexual or delusional behaviors have nothing to do with one another for the purposes of how just gay marriage by defect strips children of either a mother or father for life. That's not going to go quietly into the night folks.

Being divorced or a singe parent does the same exact thing. Funny how that standard doesn't apply to you, though. You're still in the denial stage when it comes to gay marriage. Get over it!

Not by binding contract it doesn't... A child of a single parent isn't bound away as a matter of law from ever seeing the complimentary parent..

The child of a single parent can be denied the opposite parent by a selfish parent- and commonly are.

The single largest group of children without a second parent in their lives are the children being raised by single heterosexual parents.

Denying marriage to gay couples only ensures that their children will be harmed.

Which of course is your entire purpose- to harm the children of gay couples.

"Behaviors are protected in the same way as race."

lol

Still trying to push this ignorant, moronic tripe.

The liberty of choice is entitled to Constitutional protections, where citizens have the right to make decisions about their personal, private lives absent unwarranted interference from government.

Whether being gay manifests as a consequence of birth or choice is legally and Constitutionally irrelevant – just as the choice as to whom to marry is safeguarded by the 14th Amendment from attack by the states: the choice to marry someone of the same-sex, or someone of a different race, it makes no difference, as it is a fundamental right of all Americans, a right you and other hateful bigots cannot deny to citizens.

But again, race and sexual or delusional behaviors have nothing to do with one another for the purposes of how just gay marriage by defect strips children of either a mother or father for life. That's not going to go quietly into the night folks.

Being divorced or a singe parent does the same exact thing. Funny how that standard doesn't apply to you, though. You're still in the denial stage when it comes to gay marriage. Get over it!
No such thing as a single parent. Only children abandoned by a parent.

lol

The liberty of choice is entitled to Constitutional protections, where citizens have the right to make decisions about their personal, private lives absent unwarranted interference from government.

Whether being gay manifests as a consequence of birth or choice is legally and Constitutionally irrelevant – just as the choice as to whom to marry is safeguarded by the 14th Amendment from attack by the states: the choice to marry someone of the same-sex, or someone of a different race, it makes no difference, as it is a fundamental right of all Americans, a right you and other hateful bigots cannot deny to citizens.
Legal marriage is not a personal choice. It is gov-granted coercion and needs stringent rules to qualify. Homo sex doesn't qualify because it can't procreate.
Lefties are so backwards and logic-challenged.

Legal marriage is not a personal choice. It is gov-granted coercion and needs stringent rules to qualify. Homo sex doesn't qualify because it can't procreate.
Actually, it isn't necessarily the ability to procreate as it is to provide natural mother father or adoptive mother father or grandmother/grandfather. It's the stability and the two different role models that are essential to children who come in both boys and girls.

lol

Legal marriage is a personal choice- no one is coerced to marry. Procreation is not required which is why my 80 year old uncle married his 70 year bride recently.
Right Wing Nut Jobs bigots like you are so filled full of hate you invent a rational for your hatred.

Actually, it isn't necessarily the ability to procreate as it is to provide natural mother father or adoptive mother father or grandmother/grandfather. It's the stability and the two different role models that are essential to children who come in both boys and girls.

Yet your child didn't have that- did she? You were a single mom, raising a kid without the stability or the different role models

You know that denying a gay couple marriage doesn't provide any parents to any children- you also know that denying marriage to a gay couple with children only denies those children married parents.

And you know that not having married parents harms those children.

Why do you want those children to be harmed?

No disagreement but it's the natural order of heterosexuality and consequential procreation that generate the template for potential hetero adoptive parents.

Imagine that. The instant that standard becomes troublesome for people such as yourself it doesn't apply anymore. Funny how that works.

lol

The ability to qualify for a legal marriage isn't based on the ability to procreate. Scores of people unable to procreate could marry in this nation long before gay marriage.

Forum List

Back