Travel Ban 2.0 DejaVu?

Jesus Christ . You righties always talk big that you are pro constitution , but you'd have the giv wipe its ass wh any amendment that's not the 2nd .

Except it doesn't violate any amendment.

Federal Protections Against National Origin Discrimination | CRT | Department of Justice

Federal laws prohibit discrimination based on a person's national origin, race, color, religion, disability, sex, and familial status. Laws prohibiting national origin discrimination make it illegal to discriminate because of a person's birthplace, ancestry, culture or language. This means people cannot be denied equal opportunity because they or their family are from another country, because they have a name or accent associated with a national origin group, because they participate in certain customs associated with a national origin group, or because they are married to or associate with people of a certain national origin.

You think that is the Constitution, Comrade Brown Shirt?

Title VII deals with people who are in the nation, not those seeking to enter.

Doesn't matter . It's not about them. The con doesn't allow the targeting of religion .

How does the ban target a religion?

Jesus Christ . You righties always talk big that you are pro constitution , but you'd have the giv wipe its ass wh any amendment that's not the 2nd .

Federal Protections Against National Origin Discrimination | CRT | Department of Justice

Federal laws prohibit discrimination based on a person's national origin, race, color, religion, disability, sex, and familial status. Laws prohibiting national origin discrimination make it illegal to discriminate because of a person's birthplace, ancestry, culture or language. This means people cannot be denied equal opportunity because they or their family are from another country, because they have a name or accent associated with a national origin group, because they participate in certain customs associated with a national origin group, or because they are married to or associate with people of a certain national origin.

Doesn't matter . It's not about them. The con doesn't allow the targeting of religion .

Do you think it's a coincidence that the countries on the list are all Muslim majority ?

Correct, that's why they are the most overturned court in our country. Having judges that only have their rulings overturned all the time is a waste of taxpayer time and money. I would predict they will once again rule against Trump this time as well.

They consistently rule in spite of, not according to the Constitution.

That is the leftist agenda, destroy the fabric of the country.

Yeah . Cause highly educated and experienced judges at the top of their field don't know the constitution.

You, a stupid rube, you know the constitution!!!!
No, They don't know their place in society.

You wanna open us up to terrorist attacks? Bye Bye.

Correct, that's why they are the most overturned court in our country. Having judges that only have their rulings overturned all the time is a waste of taxpayer time and money. I would predict they will once again rule against Trump this time as well.

Yeah . Cause highly educated and experienced judges at the top of their field don't know the constitution.

You, a stupid rube, you know the constitution!!

Anyone can know the constitution. The issue is him not following it.

On a side note. Why are you so determined to rely on others rather than to learn and think for yourself? How do you expect to be free if you don't understand your rights and the checks and balances that our Founders established to protect them?

On a side note. Why are you so determined to rely on others rather than to learn and think for yourself? How do you expect to be free if you don't understand your rights and the checks and balances that our Founders established to protect them?

You mean like the founding fathers setting up a check on any prez who would overstep his bounds?

Cause ironically , that's what you are complaining about !

Do you think it's a coincidence that the countries on the list are all Muslim majority ?

You seriously don't know why jihadist threats might be a concern from muslim countries?

You mean like the founding fathers setting up a check on any prez who would overstep his bounds?

Cause ironically , that's what you are complaining about !

The president didn't overstep his bounds. The judge did.

No honest man can read that opinion and conclude otherwise.

You seriously don't know why jihadist threats might be a concern from muslim countries?

You mean like Saudi Arabia? That would make more sense . But they ain't on the list!??

LOL...

Timmy????

maxresdefault.jpg

Timmy has the intellectual curiosity of an empty goldfish bowl.

I doubt he's house broken.

Hawaii and Maryland have put a STOP on Travel Ban 2.0 before it could take effect today. I say BRAVO!!!!

Maybe it is a political maneuver, "judicial overreach," as our President says, but if so, I'm glad there are still people in this country willing to go out on a limb and fight outrageous ideas such as the Executive Order, whether it is exactly within the scope of their job or not.

Last night Trump referred to 2.0 as a "watered down version" of his original E.O., which was lambasted by the courts on numerous fronts. Now he's making noise about going back to the original order--yeah, that should work well! It will be a sweet day when the Supreme Court tells him to quit shitting on the principles of this country and "BTW NO, you can't do this, so stop trying."

Kinda funny no one said a word when Obama did the same thing in 2011. Not. One. Word.

Seems you'd rather let these people in and HOPE none of them are terrorists.

Trumps EO is constitutional just like it was for Obama.

You mean like Saudi Arabia? That would make more sense . But they ain't on the list!??

Maybe he did it for Hillary. Saudi Arabia sent her money........ahem..... the Clinton foundation some money.

You, a stupid rube, you know the constitution!!!!

That's what is such a tragedy. They do know the Constitution and violate it anyway.

[
If the justices are wrong, it will be reversed. This is not the first justice to bring this question. There was quite a bit of talk about it when the justices on the 9th were questioning the lawyers in the first suit. I watched it.
I think just as the Republicans are panting to get Gorsich into the SC to make laws as HE sees fit, so I can be glad the justices in this case see it as THEY do. There's no difference, TN.

The decision was not based on law, it was based on politics. This piece of shit Watson ruled in accordance to party goals. No thought was given to precedent or constitutional basis.

He should be impeached and disbarred.
Maybe you should hang him while you're at it.
Even if I disagree with a SC or a Federal Court decision, I don't call them incompetent or politically motivated. Just stupid, mainly. I don't call for their heads, either. The Right is becoming seriously fascist. Live with the fact that some of these justices see an issue here. Intent has been considered in some cases before, and in this case, apparently a number of judges agree that it is a factor.

You can't deny that Trump made it clear he wanted a ban on all Muslims and learned during the campaign that he couldn't do that. So he's coming as close as he can. I fear he is just getting his foot in the door with this action, and that he will soon come back to us and say their review has shown that additional countries are unsafe and there is no safe way to let these people in, etc. and etc.

Hawaii and Maryland have put a STOP on Travel Ban 2.0 before it could take effect today. I say BRAVO!!!!

Maybe it is a political maneuver, "judicial overreach," as our President says, but if so, I'm glad there are still people in this country willing to go out on a limb and fight outrageous ideas such as the Executive Order, whether it is exactly within the scope of their job or not.

Last night Trump referred to 2.0 as a "watered down version" of his original E.O., which was lambasted by the courts on numerous fronts. Now he's making noise about going back to the original order--yeah, that should work well! It will be a sweet day when the Supreme Court tells him to quit shitting on the principles of this country and "BTW NO, you can't do this, so stop trying."

Do you not understand that it is not native-born Americans that go out of their way to kill as many Americans as possible while shouting "Allahu Akbar"?

The brakes need to be put on say: ISIS organizers coming into the US.

If you can't understand that, tough.
Do you not understand that it is not native-born Americans that go out of their way to kill as many Americans as possible while shouting "Allahu Akbar"
The vast majority of people killed in this country are indeed killed by native-born Americans. Terrorists kill less people here than lightning. The ban will not improve these odds.

So you are happy to see judges ignore the law and issued purely political decisions.
I'm happy to see them standing up for what I believe this country is about. Not fear. Not stinginess. Not hatred.
What they are not standing up for is the rule of law and you are happy about that.
I think I'll let these Federal Judges determine what the rule of law is, rather than you. Seems to be their job.
But YES I already said if it slows down this E.O. from being implemented, I'm glad their opinions got in the way. What is so awful about that, anyway?

Actually their job is to obey the constitution and statutes of the united states. Not decide what they like and don't like based off politics
I don't know that they did that. Some are speculating that is the case because they don't like what the Justice decided. Their job is to analyze the laws to see if they are constitutional. There will always be some disagreement about that, based on how a justice interprets the constitution. Disagreement does not mean activism, necessarily. No one here is a Justice, and no one here is qualified to say the Justice's decision is unsound. That is up to the SC to decide.

[
If the justices are wrong, it will be reversed. This is not the first justice to bring this question. There was quite a bit of talk about it when the justices on the 9th were questioning the lawyers in the first suit. I watched it.
I think just as the Republicans are panting to get Gorsich into the SC to make laws as HE sees fit, so I can be glad the justices in this case see it as THEY do. There's no difference, TN.

The decision was not based on law, it was based on politics. This piece of shit Watson ruled in accordance to party goals. No thought was given to precedent or constitutional basis.

He should be impeached and disbarred.
Maybe you should hang him while you're at it.
Even if I disagree with a SC or a Federal Court decision, I don't call them incompetent or politically motivated. Just stupid, mainly. I don't call for their heads, either. The Right is becoming seriously fascist. Live with the fact that some of these justices see an issue here. Intent has been considered in some cases before, and in this case, apparently a number of judges agree that it is a factor.

You can't deny that Trump made it clear he wanted a ban on all Muslims and learned during the campaign that he couldn't do that. So he's coming as close as he can. I fear he is just getting his foot in the door with this action, and that he will soon come back to us and say their review has shown that additional countries are unsafe and there is no safe way to let these people in, etc. and etc.

Nope. He wanted a ban on the same seven states Obama banned. The religion wasn't even part of the ban.

Don't seem to recall you posting anything about Barry's ban of those same seven states.

Color me shocked.

Just stop wagging your finger at me and giving me a lecture because you THINK you know more than me.
I didn't say that. I just said you are selfishly ignoring the law. And I will remember this :D
I love consistency.
You plan on addressing my point that this is no different than all the weight being put on Gorsich's appointment to the SC?
I don't know what you mean?

They want Gorsuch in because leftists judges are activists. This is a perfect example of that. It's also my hope that the country sees what could happen if we made the mistake of electing Hillary to the presidency. She would be appointing clowns just like this guy to the Supreme Court.
I read in the paper this morning that Gorsich's role model is a Justice from the past named White who was so stubbornly a-political that no one could ever predict what his decisions would be. He had to be persuaded with factual arguments. So if that's the case, how Gorsich feels about abortion or guns or anything else may be moot.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe the Justices are "consistently ruling" the way they do because the Right keeps trying to bring un-Constitutional laws?

Kinda funny no one said a word when Obama did the same thing in 2011. Not. One. Word.

Seems you'd rather let these people in and HOPE none of them are terrorists.

Trumps EO is constitutional just like it was for Obama.
I've responded to this claim earlier in this thread, and Kosh supplied a NYT article explaining what Obama actually did. It was nothing like this travel ban. Read it.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe the Justices are "consistently ruling" the way they do because the Right keeps trying to bring un-Constitutional laws?

I say its good these leftist activist judges Obama entrenched everywhere are exposing themselves.

It will make it easier to pluck them out by the roots.

Forum List

Back