Trayvon died for our sins

According to the article cited by the OP and regarding the artist who created the nativity scene:

Well, as the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin explains, Zachary has been creating controversial Nativity scene displays outside his church for the past seven years to modernize Biblical themes. He has portrayed Joseph and Mary as a homeless couple in a ghetto neighborhood, as Iraq War refugees and as Mexican immigrants.
He's an artist expressing his ideas in art: this is a very, very typical things that artists do. Go to any good museum and you will find artwork by the greatist artists from all the ages, artwork with expresses the artist's ideas about social and political issues.

In free speech America, no one should be offended or censuring this guy's artwork. Not if you believe in free speech for everyone, not just those you agree with.

Last edited:
That's basically only if you accept the word of a liar.

Remember when Rachel Jentel said that he though Zimmerman was gay and might rape him? Funny how libs will ignore homophobia when you can score political points. how cute. Libbies threw other special status groups under the bus. aww
an

Zimmerman not only told several different versions of his story, but in subsequent brushes with the law, he was found to be telling outright lies in a calm cool demeanor, consistent with sociopath like behavior.

He will be involved in a serious crime again.

Rachel said this on piers Morgan

Remember when Rachel Jentel said that he though Zimmerman was gay and might rape him? Funny how libs will ignore homophobia when you can score political points. how cute. Libbies threw other special status groups under the bus. aww

Zimmerman not only told several different versions of his story, but in subsequent brushes with the law, he was found to be telling outright lies in a calm cool demeanor, consistent with sociopath like behavior.

He will be involved in a serious crime again.

I disagree, fervently. I was on Martin's side when this story first broke - i was even quite vocal about it.

I erroneously assumed in a fit of unfounded liberal angst, that a "white man" had gotten away with murder.

What first began my shift in attitude was a video of Zimmerman explaining what happened; It was told with no lying in his words. He was sincere and at this point in my life I can tell the difference - I can spot a liar right away.

I drew the conclusion that either he shot Martin in self defense or he believed that he had.

According to the article cited by the OP and regarding the artist who created the nativity scene:

Well, as the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin explains, Zachary has been creating controversial Nativity scene displays outside his church for the past seven years to modernize Biblical themes. He has portrayed Joseph and Mary as a homeless couple in a ghetto neighborhood, as Iraq War refugees and as Mexican immigrants.
He's an artist expressing his ideas in art: this is a very, very typical things that artists do. Go to any good museum and you will find artwork by the greatist artists from all the ages, artwork with expresses the artist's ideas about social and political issues.

In free speech America, no one should be offended or censuring this guy's artwork. Not if you believe in free speech for everyone, not just those you agree with.

As an artist myself, I completely agree. However, this thread would be a snore-fest if we didn't get after one another over it, no?

;)

How come you always think "bringing people together" relies on the rest of us accepting the unacceptable.

The murder of Trayvon was unacceptable. Period.

You could maybe excuse some stupid people for buying the self defense claim, but after what Zimmerman has done since, yeah, he killed that kid. He'll probably kill someone else before he's done.

Joe likes to provide examples of my point.

He's very helpful that way.

Accepting injustice and miscarriages of justice isn't helpful.

Fixing problems, however, is helpful.
George did in fact do his part in "fixing he problem". He "fixed it" so that at least one young Black man will no longer believe he can play the 'knock-out game' with a dude with a gun and get away with it.
George ought to be awarded the Noble Prize for Peace. Think of how many 'young Black men's' grannies have told them as they walked out the door "Remember Tyron, the White Ass Cracker might have a gun" and in so doing saved their lives.
You 'T-Boners' make me laugh. If a 'young Black man had sucker punched you then climbed aboard and proceeded to bang your head against the concrete and you had a gun you all would have used it. Well not the LIB/Metro 'men who pee sitting down' types though. They would have offered the 'young Black man' a ride home for a 'BJ'.
But 'T' is doing his part to alleviate hunger among the maggots this Christmas. There's always a Silver lining right?

There are people in the world who have never told a lie?

Sorry - I didn't know.

:(

The guy murdered a kid.

Not only did he get off scott free, he's allowed to have firearms.

That's a pretty dangerous thing.

Only if you disregard the facts of the case, the verdict of the jury and summery judgement of the police at the scene, all who were much closer to what transpired then us internet detectives. :thup:

Last edited:
It's still a snore fest because all you guys are doing is rehashing points that have been hashed over ad infinitum.

images

Last edited:

George did in fact do his part in "fixing he problem". He "fixed it" so that at least one young Black man will no longer believe he can play the 'knock-out game' with a dude with a gun and get away with it.
George ought to be awarded the Noble Prize for Peace. Think of how many 'young Black men's' grannies have told them as they walked out the door "Remember Tyron, the White Ass Cracker might have a gun" and in so doing saved their lives.
You 'T-Boners' make me laugh. If a 'young Black man had sucker punched you then climbed aboard and proceeded to bang your head against the concrete and you had a gun you all would have used it. Well not the LIB/Metro 'men who pee sitting down' types though. They would have offered the 'young Black man' a ride home for a 'BJ'.
But 'T' is doing his part to alleviate hunger among the maggots this Christmas. There's always a Silver lining right?

Horse crap - a young kid died - someones child.

We don't have to have a party, but neither was he "murdered" like others are saying.

How about a bit of respect for the dead?

It's still a snore fest because all you guys are doing is rehashing points that have been hashed over ad infinitum.

images

I'm rather puzzled as to why you are posting in it then.

:confused:

There are 100 billion Duck threads to post in or theirs always the pajama guy.

:bye1:

Last edited:

There was a game being played, but it wasn't by Martin.

Zimmerman chose to play cop.

Zimmerman followed the kid in his SUV and got out of his SUV and chased him.

Those little facts seem to go over your heads..almost every single time.

images

Whew! Seriously? Did you miss the point I made about the artist using his art to express personal ideas? The OP started the thread making a point about the nativity scene being one thing and done for one purpose. I was responding to the OP's position, and other positions, which is that people should essentially 'let it go' and anyone who doesn't is pandering to a certain political agenda. I disagree with that: 1) I don't hold any views on this case as part of any political agenda, and 2) It is an artist's work of art portraying his personal view, as artists have always done. I, I am not rehashing the details of the case.

There was a game being played, but it wasn't by Martin.

Zimmerman chose to play cop.

Zimmerman followed the kid in his SUV and got out of his SUV and chased him.

Those little facts seem to go over your heads..almost every single time.

He played cop how? By observing someone who was scoping out houses? Did Zimmerman stop and search Martin? Did he even question him?

My guess is that you've never dealt with city police; the first thing they ever do is pull a gun on you. The second is cart you off to central booking.

There are people in the world who have never told a lie?

Sorry - I didn't know.

The guy murdered a kid.

Not only did he get off scott free, he's allowed to have firearms.

That's a pretty dangerous thing.
A jury of his peers ruled that Zimmerman acted in self defense. It's killing, yes, but murder, not according to the laws of the United States of America.

I'm so sorry we're a nation that is divided even over legal matters that were settled by a jury in accordance with the laws of our land.

images

Whew! Seriously? Did you miss the point I made about the artist using his art to express personal ideas? The OP started the thread making a point about the nativity scene being one thing and done for one purpose. I was responding to the OP's position, and other positions, which is that people should essentially 'let it go' and anyone who doesn't is pandering to a certain political agenda. I disagree with that: 1) I don't hold any views on this case as part of any political agenda, and 2) It is an artist's work of art portraying his personal view, as artists have always done. I, I am not rehashing the details of the case.

Are you suggesting that we discuss this work of art based on it's aesthetic beauty? It was art for the same reasons that it was fodder for pop-culture; because Tayvon Martin was shot to death and now he is no longer just some kid, but instead has become immortalized as a "martyr."

Why wouldn't we be discussing the specifics of the case?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back