🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Troops Want to Stay In Iraq

ter·ror·ize /ˈtɛrəˌraɪz/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ter-uh-rahyz] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), -ized, -iz·ing. 1. to fill or overcome with terror.
2. to dominate or coerce by intimidation.
3. to produce widespread fear by acts of violence, as bombings.

ter·ror·ist /ˈtɛrərɪst/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ter-er-ist] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others.
3. (formerly) a member of a political group in Russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror.
4. an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.
–adjective 5. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of terrorism or terrorists: terrorist tactics

Clearly the two words are inclusive from a literal standpoint. I agree with you that in their incorrect use by people today, they are not mutually inclusive.

I DO think a politician who counts on votes should be a lot more careful that what he says IS what he means however. I don't know how much of Kerry's constituency is military, but I wouldn't want to alienate their vote for simply lacking in proper communication skills.

I agree completely that he would have been much better off to use any of a variety of synonyms for terrorize - frighten, scare the shit out of - aggitate - alarm - petrify..... no argument at all. But as much as some want to twist what he said...he did NOT call our troops TERRORISTS. period.

I agree completely that he would have been much better off to use any of a variety of synonyms for terrorize - frighten, scare the shit out of - aggitate - alarm - petrify..... no argument at all. But as much as some want to twist what he said...he did NOT call our troops TERRORISTS. period.

I agree that I do not believe that was his intent.

Do you know for a fact that Kerry's intent was to call US military personnel terrorists? You're doing EXACTLY what you accuse liberals of doing ... playing a dishonest, literalist game.

If it was his first offense I would give him the benefit of the doubt - but he has a long history of insulting the military

Much like the Dem party over the last five years

If it was his first offense I would give him the benefit of the doubt - but he has a long history of insulting the military

Much like the Dem party over the last five years

words have meaning.... we are not playing charades where what a word SOUNDS like trumps what it actually means.

once again.... do you believe that terrorist and terrorize are synonymous?

words have meaning.... we are not playing charades where what a word SOUNDS like trumps what it actually means.

once again.... do you believe that terrorist and terrorize are synonymous?

Words do mean things

That is why Dems are not taken seriously on supporting the troops or national defense

no....you have not .... again...really simple...yes or no...

do you believe that the words "terrorist" and " terrorize" are synonymous?

What part of smearing do you not understand? Terrorists, Nazi's, Pol Pot, running of torture chambers, and uneducated - my how libs show their support of the troops

What part of smearing do you not understand? Terrorists, Nazi's, Pol Pot, running of torture chambers, and uneducated - my how libs show their support of the troops

simple question. WHy do you continue to avoid it?

are terrorist and terrorize synonymous. yes or no?

I am not defending anyone. I am asking YOU a question about words. Can you answer it?

You have been carrying the water for Kerry, Durbin, Kennedy, and the anti war left since day one

You defend these slimeballs while they undermine the troops

I am not defending anyone. I am asking you a simple question about the meaning of two words. Are you going to answer it or are you going to continue to be too afraid to do so?

I am not defending anyone. I am asking you a simple question about the meaning of two words. Are you going to answer it or are you going to continue to be too afraid to do so?

You have been lying for the military bashing left since I have been here

You are either a very poor lier or just an old fool

I have never lied here. I speak only the truth. I ask you questions and you NEVER answer them. Please try to do so.

You ahve been lying about what your buds have said about the military - even though their quotes have been psoted for you to read

As I said, you are either a poor lier or an old fool

Since you say you have not lied, that tells us all the what you really are

You ahve been lying about what your buds have said about the military - even though their quotes have been psoted for you to read

As I said, you are either a poor lier or an old fool

Since you say you have not lied, that tells us all the what you really are

I have not lied about what they said.... you have.... but I guess it really isn't lying on your part, just a grade school level of understanding about the language.

Once again:

do you think that terrorize and terrorist are synonyms? yes or no?

be a man... just step up and answer the question.

Forum List

Back