Trudeau blames Trump for loss of GM Plants at G20

I can't find any video posted anywhere yet, but it soon will be. Justin Trudeau called on Donald Trump to end the steel and aluminum tariffs which are one of the primary reasons why GM is eliminating 15,000 jobs in the US and Canada, and which Trump has refused to cut, despite complaints nationwide from manufacturers that it's costing the US economy thousands of jobs. As he spoke, Trump stood by glowering.
Trudeau needs another spanking.

No they are not, he is a fucking idiot!
You are the CNN dupe that knows nothing....LMAO and a bigot to boot...

39,000 brand new 4 miles on it. Hope you love your Jap car.

THAT'S MAGA!

If all you paid was 39,000 you didn't go top of the line....I have a limited 2018 Toyota fully loaded 4x4 that cost me 36,000...and I've never had a better more reliable tuck in my life....you got screwed aldo...

Really, except I can drag your POS all over the country and you can't even pull a hair off your dumb ass.

MAGA MOTHER FUCKER!

What Trump needs to do is three-fold:

1. 400% import tax on ALL American automaker vehicles (GM, Ford, etc...) made outside the USA.

2. Total ban on foreign brand (German, Korean, Japanese, etc...) imports.

3. 150% sales tax on all foreign brand cars sold in the USA.

Literally make American made, American brand cars the only affordable option.
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this board.
We are Americans after all and should be able to buy anything we want and not just what the government allows us to buy! Fucking Democrat

I worked for the auto industry, and you people are ALL WRONG!

GM is killing CAR LINES, and those CAR LINES are built here...…...so is Ford, but of course FORD didn't take a bailout.

Why?

Because NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE WILL BUY THEM! They can NOT recoup their R and D investment on new vehicles for these lines, because YOU PEOPLE REFUSE TO BUY ENOUGH OF THEM! You buy Honda's, Toyotas, Mazda's, or whatever else, and that is a free society. Of course, they could RAISE the price, but anyone who has any inkling of economics knows----------> you can NOT sell it at a higher price, if you could NOT sell it at a lower price. (except maybe Leftists)

Now then--------------> how many people on this board are aware of how much it actually costs to bring a vehicle to market? That cost has to be spit between the projected volume of sales, and if the volume puts the price of that vehicle to high, that vehicle is DOA in the boardroom, plain and simple.

Soooooooooooo, in essence, what I am telling you is---------------> it was not FEASIBLE to redesign these vehicles, as they would either lose massive amounts of money from NOT enough sales because YOU PEOPLE did not like the nameplate, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, in some magical way, the government would have had to subsidize the redesign, meaning they would have had to take the money clandestinely out of your pockets, through taxes. How do YOU want to pay for it? Maybe the same way the Soviet Union did where they only had 2 cycle engines in their cars because in an open market, their citizens would never buy them!

An old story in the Soviet Union was---------------> You ordered one of their 2cycle cars, and the dealer told you that it would be delivered in 28 months, and 2 days. They then asked, "is that ok!" Nope the customer proclaimed! Why not they asked? Because on that day, I have to be home for the plumber-)

I will remind ALL of you, that any business can be saved, even if it loses money, or has terrible products...………..or even SOME bad products, and some good, IF...……..you have enough money to throw at it! That is what some of you are demanding, on product lines, that even YOU WOULD NOT BUY!

NOW FOR REALITY, AND I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I WAS IN THE AUTO INDUSTRY------------------> Neither Ford nor GM can sell their car lines (except for a select few) in enough volume to make a profit. People no longer want to buy a Taurus or Impala, or a Cruze or Fusion, they want small SUV'S, and that is where the money is at!

But beware ALL OF YOU WHO SCREAM AMERICAN-----------------> put a President in who raises the CAFE standards again, {meaning a far Leftist) and both of these American icons will go down; especially if they impose a large tax on gasoline. They are almost FORCED to put their eggs in a small basket, and they are doing it as what they perceive the future will hold, which is exactly why GM killed part of their electric vehicle production.

IN OTHER WORDS----------> If we as Americans remain free to purchase what we want to drive as far as today's market, these 2 icons will be fine, and probably flourish. BUT, if artificial restraints are put on your buying power again because some politician knows better than you, they will probably collapse.

Remember that when you go to the voting booth next time around!
I have a Ford Mustang convertible and absolutely love it. I would love to have a new one if I could afford it but since I'm now on a fixed income and don't want to make a car payment, my filly will be with me for the long haul. Also, she hasn't ever had any major problems since I've had her. I got her in 2007, and she's a 2003 model.. And yes, she's a SHE!

We are Americans after all and should be able to buy anything we want and not just what the government allows us to buy! Fucking Democrat

I’m neither a Democrat nor a Republican... I’m a Conservative, Nationalist Authoritarian.

I believe in National Capitalism - free choice inside the closed national borders. Buy a Ford, Chevy, Cadillac, etc... Whichever you prefer. Just don’t expect to be able to get s Mercedes, BMW, Kia or Toyota.

You believe in a dictatorship. You're such a pussy that you need a big strong daddy to look after you. You strut about like a banty rooster thinking he's cock of the walk, while people laugh and say "What an asshole", as you pass.

Ford, GM and Chrysler sell vehicles all over the world. So what you're saying is that these companies have to downsize and stop exporting their cars and trucks because if you won't allow other countries to export to the US, the US can't export to their countries. And that would cost you more jobs than would be created by blocking imports.

I'm running the tires off my 2007 Chevy Silverado.............220k miles on it......only major problem I've had is the ac module short out and burn up on me..........was driving down the road and smoke started coming out of it from under the dash glove box...............stopped.........wires were melted...........cut the wires and taped them...........bought a new one and installed the next day..........

I actually thought that my truck was on fire at first. LOL

I’m neither a Democrat nor a Republican... I’m a Conservative, Nationalist Authoritarian.

I believe in National Capitalism - free choice inside the closed national borders. Buy a Ford, Chevy, Cadillac, etc... Whichever you prefer. Just don’t expect to be able to get s Mercedes, BMW, Kia or Toyota.

You believe in a dictatorship. You're such a pussy that you need a big strong daddy to look after you. You strut about like a banty rooster thinking he's cock of the walk, while people laugh and say "What an asshole", as you pass.

Ford, GM and Chrysler sell vehicles all over the world. So what you're saying is that these companies have to downsize and stop exporting their cars and trucks because if you won't allow other countries to export to the US, the US can't export to their countries. And that would cost you more jobs than would be created by blocking imports.
The Lion's share of the market is here..................And everyone knows it.............In regards to foreign competition they have screwed us...........Like Germany making sure the price is so high nobody is going to want our vehicles then expect us to let them have a free pass here.................where I believe ours was around 11%

The EU is now ready to do a deal that would take both sides to ZERO...............they are just working out the final details in arguments over steel and aluminum.............and they have already agreed to start building LNG terminals there........and start buying LNG from us...................

Getting better for us.

THAT'S MAGA!

If all you paid was 39,000 you didn't go top of the line....I have a limited 2018 Toyota fully loaded 4x4 that cost me 36,000...and I've never had a better more reliable tuck in my life....you got screwed aldo...

Really, except I can drag your POS all over the country and you can't even pull a hair off your dumb ass.

MAGA MOTHER FUCKER!

1. 400% import tax on ALL American automaker vehicles (GM, Ford, etc...) made outside the USA.

GM is killing CAR LINES, and those CAR LINES are built here...…...so is Ford, but of course FORD didn't take a bailout.

Why?

Because NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE WILL BUY THEM! They can NOT recoup their R and D investment on new vehicles for these lines, because YOU PEOPLE REFUSE TO BUY ENOUGH OF THEM! You buy Honda's, Toyotas, Mazda's, or whatever else, and that is a free society. Of course, they could RAISE the price, but anyone who has any inkling of economics knows----------> you can NOT sell it at a higher price, if you could NOT sell it at a lower price. (except maybe Leftists)

Now then--------------> how many people on this board are aware of how much it actually costs to bring a vehicle to market? That cost has to be spit between the projected volume of sales, and if the volume puts the price of that vehicle to high, that vehicle is DOA in the boardroom, plain and simple.

Soooooooooooo, in essence, what I am telling you is---------------> it was not FEASIBLE to redesign these vehicles, as they would either lose massive amounts of money from NOT enough sales because YOU PEOPLE did not like the nameplate, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, in some magical way, the government would have had to subsidize the redesign, meaning they would have had to take the money clandestinely out of your pockets, through taxes. How do YOU want to pay for it? Maybe the same way the Soviet Union did where they only had 2 cycle engines in their cars because in an open market, their citizens would never buy them!

An old story in the Soviet Union was---------------> You ordered one of their 2cycle cars, and the dealer told you that it would be delivered in 28 months, and 2 days. They then asked, "is that ok!" Nope the customer proclaimed! Why not they asked? Because on that day, I have to be home for the plumber-)

I will remind ALL of you, that any business can be saved, even if it loses money, or has terrible products...………..or even SOME bad products, and some good, IF...……..you have enough money to throw at it! That is what some of you are demanding, on product lines, that even YOU WOULD NOT BUY!

NOW FOR REALITY, AND I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I WAS IN THE AUTO INDUSTRY------------------> Neither Ford nor GM can sell their car lines (except for a select few) in enough volume to make a profit. People no longer want to buy a Taurus or Impala, or a Cruze or Fusion, they want small SUV'S, and that is where the money is at!

But beware ALL OF YOU WHO SCREAM AMERICAN-----------------> put a President in who raises the CAFE standards again, {meaning a far Leftist) and both of these American icons will go down; especially if they impose a large tax on gasoline. They are almost FORCED to put their eggs in a small basket, and they are doing it as what they perceive the future will hold, which is exactly why GM killed part of their electric vehicle production.

IN OTHER WORDS----------> If we as Americans remain free to purchase what we want to drive as far as today's market, these 2 icons will be fine, and probably flourish. BUT, if artificial restraints are put on your buying power again because some politician knows better than you, they will probably collapse.

I have a Ford Mustang convertible and absolutely love it. I would love to have a new one if I could afford it but since I'm now on a fixed income and don't want to make a car payment, my filly will be with me for the long haul. Also, she hasn't ever had any major problems since I've had her. I got her in 2007, and she's a 2003 model.. And yes, she's a SHE!

Good deal, have owned several Ford cars and very little problems with any of them. Loved them and for most part bullet proof. Owned 1 Ford pickup and absolutely the worst vehicle I have ever owned.

THAT'S MAGA!

MAGA MOTHER FUCKER!

Why?

Good deal, have owned several Ford cars and very little problems with any of them. Loved them and for most part bullet proof. Owned 1 Ford pickup and absolutely the worst vehicle I have ever owned.
The Ram's dashes suck..............we have every type of vehicle you can imagine on our jobs..........and the dang dashes on all the Ram's look like chopped liver..........LOL

We have issues with the Fords and Chevy's with minor maintenance.............one that I can't stand is filling up the Fords with gas...........takes 15 minutes to fill the dang thing up..........the fuel filter for fill up clogs and the vent pipe is undersized on most of them.............many different year models.............all having the same dang problem.........

OK, point taken. I will not agree, or disagree with you on that point. Business across the globe does not work like that though. The larger the market, the more R and D can be dispersed amongst the sales of the product.

We can agree to disagree on the marketing area for sure. But what is fact is-------------->the MORE we sell whatever the product, the LESS of the R and D costs have to be recouped in the price of each product sold.

I will contemplate your suggestion though, it is intriguing, although even if feasible, good luck trying to get the swamp on board.

The R&D issue is irrelevant to me. I don’t need about 80% of the features in my Ford Escape but I had to pay for them. Build a car without them and I’ll buy it (for the reduced cost).

As for the swamp - that’s what I have firearms and thousands of rounds of ammunition to fix.

See, I agree! But that is us, not everyone else. I have an F-350 and a Fusion. I don't need the bells and whistles, but guess what-----------> people want them, and it costs cash, and lots of it, to design the stuff in.

How do we know this about what Americans want?

To make it easy, look up F-350 sales. Look up by trim line. If what we thought was true, the biggest seller would be the F-350XL; and it SHOULD be, because they are sold to the public, AND that is what almost all businesses buy for their employees. BUT, it is not!

Soooooooooooo, without the bells and whistles, they would be el-screwed! And that my friend, costs loads of cash to design in. Trust me, I know!
Of course...if you're buying a truck, you're NOT going to find a base-model on a lot. (Hell, you'll have a hard time finding a truck that isn't a loaded 4x4.)

OK, point taken. I will not agree, or disagree with you on that point. Business across the globe does not work like that though. The larger the market, the more R and D can be dispersed amongst the sales of the product.

We can agree to disagree on the marketing area for sure. But what is fact is-------------->the MORE we sell whatever the product, the LESS of the R and D costs have to be recouped in the price of each product sold.

I will contemplate your suggestion though, it is intriguing, although even if feasible, good luck trying to get the swamp on board.

The R&D issue is irrelevant to me. I don’t need about 80% of the features in my Ford Escape but I had to pay for them. Build a car without them and I’ll buy it (for the reduced cost).

No, you won't. There ARE cars available without all the features...but you didn't buy one, you bought a loaded Escape.

As for the swamp - that’s what I have firearms and thousands of rounds of ammunition to fix.

See, I agree! But that is us, not everyone else. I have an F-350 and a Fusion. I don't need the bells and whistles, but guess what-----------> people want them, and it costs cash, and lots of it, to design the stuff in.

How do we know this about what Americans want?

To make it easy, look up F-350 sales. Look up by trim line. If what we thought was true, the biggest seller would be the F-350XL; and it SHOULD be, because they are sold to the public, AND that is what almost all businesses buy for their employees. BUT, it is not!

Soooooooooooo, without the bells and whistles, they would be el-screwed! And that my friend, costs loads of cash to design in. Trust me, I know!
Of course...if you're buying a truck, you're NOT going to find a base-model on a lot. (Hell, you'll have a hard time finding a truck that isn't a loaded 4x4.)
Ordering a base truck with the bare minimum is the way to go...........My truck doesn't have any whistles and bells......Not even electric locks or windows ................rubber floor mats............I can wash it out with a garden hose if I want..........

No frills............cheaper.........less whistles and bells to fix later........A WORK TRUCK.............

GM can go fuck itself...we the tax payers went into greater debt bailing their worthless ass out and now they want to close up shop and move?...go ahead...Honda and Toyota knows where the best workers are and its here in America....not slave labor in China that can't even pack an airbag properly...get ready for a massive amount of GM recalls in the near future....over priced piles of shit....
They're moving to China? You got a link on that? I heard they were closing plants and laying off workers and that was that.
They are closing factories here and keeping factories in China and Mexico open...its a pure attack on the president...nothing more and the CEO of GM should be fired for it....
It seems to me it is more a natural consequence of the tariffs. Everyone knew this stuff would happen. If you want to punish corporations for looking at their bottom line, you are advocating for communism.
Not usually your cup of tea.

I can't find any video posted anywhere yet, but it soon will be. Justin Trudeau called on Donald Trump to end the steel and aluminum tariffs which are one of the primary reasons why GM is eliminating 15,000 jobs in the US and Canada, and which Trump has refused to cut, despite complaints nationwide from manufacturers that it's costing the US economy thousands of jobs. As he spoke, Trump stood by glowering.

Turdeau has been wearing his pussy hat too tight.
He needs to speak for the Canadians who are going to lose their jobs. 15,000 jobs in Canada and the US is a hell of a lot. He never signed on to this tariff thing. It is being done to him, and even though he played nice with the new Nafta, he still got shafted by the US. So of course he said something.

Is he planning to drop his tariffs on the US or continue shafting us? US imposes tariffs = shafting Canada. Canada imposes tariffs (which they have always done and quite unfairly) = shafting the US.

This is gaslighting, like when the alcoholic gets outraged that the codependant has had enough and will not continue to be mistreated. Of course the beneficiary of the windfall is going to complain when the field gets leveled.

Many of you are suggesting through ignorance, that vehicles are being built SOMEWHERE ELSE, and then being shipped in here, and those vehicles have no market in their country of origin, and that those product lines are being shut down in this country.

YOU ARE WRONG, but why am I not surprised, lol.

Notice what GM killed. Show me a market outside the US for the impala! And trust me, if it was built elsewhere, they WOULD raise the price and ship it back here for people who actually wanted it, and were willing to pay the freight to get it.

Show us where the same vehicles killed are built, show us! And then, when/if you can, tell all of us how in a competitive market, they can now ship it there from here, when the EPA and the UAW is fleecing them.

You misunderstand... I don’t believe American companies should be allowed to do business outside the USA. You’re either an AMERICAN company and you do business here or you’re a foreign company and you do business outside the USA - and your patents are invalid here.
Is that why you drive a vehicle designed jointly with Mazda, which replaced one assembled in Mexico?

GM can go fuck itself...we the tax payers went into greater debt bailing their worthless ass out and now they want to close up shop and move?...go ahead...Honda and Toyota knows where the best workers are and its here in America....not slave labor in China that can't even pack an airbag properly...get ready for a massive amount of GM recalls in the near future....over priced piles of shit....
They're moving to China? You got a link on that? I heard they were closing plants and laying off workers and that was that.
They are closing factories here and keeping factories in China and Mexico open...its a pure attack on the president...nothing more and the CEO of GM should be fired for it....
It seems to me it is more a natural consequence of the tariffs. Everyone knew this stuff would happen. If you want to punish corporations for looking at their bottom line, you are advocating for communism.
Not usually your cup of tea.
Tariffs have a long history in this country and quota's.......we are far from a communist country.......

They are a revenue tool...........a tool for negotiation..........and a tool for protectionism all over the world.........

There is no such thing as Free Trade...........while some things are traded without fees and tariffs.......a large amount of trade is not.............Free Trade is a lie............when it's not really happening.

No I don’t want a Dictatorship. I want a Constitutionally centered Meritocracy where the Constitution is cast in stone and the Government exists to ensure the document is enforced and almost nothing more. I honestly couldn’t care what anyone thinks of me. I’ve been called names to my face since I was old enough to walk. It doesn’t bother me.

I’m talking about ALL businesses being either American or foreign. No crossover at all. It’s time for this country to clean up our own backyard and implement a proper Society here, without the corrupting influences from abroad. Only then should we consider ANY interaction with the rest of the world.

If you want to punish corporations for looking at their bottom line, you are advocating for communism.

Corporations, just like people need to be reminded from tim to time what they SHOULD do rather than what they WANT to do. If you want the American market you should be an American company. Is that so much to ask?

MAGA MOTHER FUCKER!

Why?

The Ram's dashes suck..............we have every type of vehicle you can imagine on our jobs..........and the dang dashes on all the Ram's look like chopped liver..........LOL

We have issues with the Fords and Chevy's with minor maintenance.............one that I can't stand is filling up the Fords with gas...........takes 15 minutes to fill the dang thing up..........the fuel filter for fill up clogs and the vent pipe is undersized on most of them.............many different year models.............all having the same dang problem.........

Never owned a Ram, just heard to many horror stories about them. Do not have first hand knowledge, just what I have heard and read!

Al Jazeera: Trump was less quiet at this G20 than previous ones

i just wanted to brag that i can translate from arabic!

MAGA MOTHER FUCKER!

Why?

Never owned a Ram, just heard to many horror stories about them. Do not have first hand knowledge, just what I have heard and read!
Never owned one either, but we have some at work.......They drive good......but the dashes are garbage.....Have electrical problems with the doors and such..........they are crappy too...........But driving ........they are pretty good if you don't mind having no dash after a bit..............LOL

o8frbm7mb8zz.jpg

Forum List

Back