Trump: 3000 people did not die in the 2 hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. thats a Dem lie. i love PR

September 16th 2017.... It's been a year. That you have to be that literal and also have to keep referring to gotcha moment bullshit proves you have no real points to make.

You just keep repeating Botched Response! without any proof of a botched response.

But all this is about is the narrative, so picky little things like proof or facts don't matter to you. Only taking down Trump does.

Pathetic.
People died from drinking contaminated water, they died from a lack of access to medical care and prescriptions, they died from contaminated food

That is the role of hurricane relief....get vital supplies to those that need them
The fact that 3000 died after the hurricane hit shows a botched response

The question is do we do this much of an analysis for all Hurricanes, or just this one because it hurts Trump?

How do you know that the 3000 number is 1) even real (even the study says this is just a preliminary number and 2) that less deaths were even possible?

There are too many assumptions made to make the number reliable.

And if that's the only "proof" you have a botched response, then you don't have any actual proof.

It is a statistical analysis of death rates before the hurricane vs what they were immediately afterward

What we do know is that people started dying at increased rates after the storm hit. Now you can quibble whether it was 3000 or 2000 but you can’t deny that lack of services led to more people in PR dying

The conclusion is.....we could have done a much better job

So all services could have been restored instantaneously, or the entire population could have been removed from the island?

Sorry, but the real world is not a movie, and all problems are not resolved in 2 to 2.5 hours.

You have no metric to measure how much better or worse the response could have been. All you have is a political need and a will to use natural disasters to further it.
After the storm hit .....people were screaming
I need food, I need medication, I need clean water, I need electricity
They didn’t get it and people died

It is understandable that relief can’t reach them in 2 to 2 1/2 hours

But 2 to 2 1/2 months?

Hey, they were screaming I need food, I need medication, I need clean water, I need electricity long before the storm.

"3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000

This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible when I was successfully raising Billions of Dollars to help rebuild Puerto Rico. If a person died for any reason, like old age, just add them onto the list. Bad politics. I love Puerto Rico!"

People are sick and tired of this nonsense, and Trump keeps exposing it!

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) | Twitter
Trump is undoubtedly a moron

About 100 people died in the actual storm

But the storm wiped out the power grid, contaminated the water supply, denied people of needed medical care

THAT is the area Trump could have helped but was too busy patting himself on the back
Trump did everything he could. But there comes a point, even where Democrat leaders are concerned, that you have to roll up your sleeves and do something other than bitch about Trump.
Democrats feel bitching about Trump is enough work.
FEMA works for Trump

They did not get the job done.

FEMA is a support agency, the Local governments are responsible for direct aid, helped by federal staff augmented by help from other States and agencies/companies.

But blaming FEMA allows you to blame Trump so that's what you go with.

September 16th 2017.... It's been a year. That you have to be that literal and also have to keep referring to gotcha moment bullshit proves you have no real points to make.

You just keep repeating Botched Response! without any proof of a botched response.

But all this is about is the narrative, so picky little things like proof or facts don't matter to you. Only taking down Trump does.

Pathetic.
People died from drinking contaminated water, they died from a lack of access to medical care and prescriptions, they died from contaminated food

That is the role of hurricane relief....get vital supplies to those that need them

The question is do we do this much of an analysis for all Hurricanes, or just this one because it hurts Trump?

How do you know that the 3000 number is 1) even real (even the study says this is just a preliminary number and 2) that less deaths were even possible?

And if that's the only "proof" you have a botched response, then you don't have any actual proof.

It is a statistical analysis of death rates before the hurricane vs what they were immediately afterward

What we do know is that people started dying at increased rates after the storm hit. Now you can quibble whether it was 3000 or 2000 but you can’t deny that lack of services led to more people in PR dying

So all services could have been restored instantaneously, or the entire population could have been removed from the island?

Sorry, but the real world is not a movie, and all problems are not resolved in 2 to 2.5 hours.

You have no metric to measure how much better or worse the response could have been. All you have is a political need and a will to use natural disasters to further it.

But 2 to 2 1/2 months?
Republicans say but look, we sent 4 million meals to 2 million people. Wow that’s one meal a day for two days.

But 2 to 2 1/2 months?
Republicans say but look, we sent 4 million meals to 2 million people. Wow that’s one meal a day for two days.

You got a link to verify only 4 million meals were sent?

But 2 to 2 1/2 months?

So where was the local government in all this? The State? The Counties? The Cities?

And where were the hale and stronger younger people when this was going on?

Where was the community help?

Why is this thrown at the feds doorstep when they provided millions of dollars in aid, hundreds and thousands of staff, and thousands of tons of materials?

oh wait, you are a political hack trying to score political points, my mistake.
Trump is claiming 3000 people did not die
Now you are moving the bar and saying it is not his fault

"3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000

This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible when I was successfully raising Billions of Dollars to help rebuild Puerto Rico. If a person died for any reason, like old age, just add them onto the list. Bad politics. I love Puerto Rico!"

But the storm wiped out the power grid, contaminated the water supply, denied people of needed medical care

THAT is the area Trump could have helped but was too busy patting himself on the back
Trump did everything he could. But there comes a point, even where Democrat leaders are concerned, that you have to roll up your sleeves and do something other than bitch about Trump.
FEMA works for Trump

LOOK ASSHOLE!!!

FEMA can only do what the local government allows them to do. If the locals are Democrats, chances are they will attempt to sabotage whatever FEMA does.

FEMA works for Trump

FEMA is a support agency, the Local governments are responsible for direct aid, helped by federal staff augmented by help from other States and agencies/companies.

Unless the entire country was devastated and the roofs were blown up just about every house there.

Republicans are so nasty they could come up with logical reasons why babies should be locked in cages.

FEMA works for Trump

FEMA has access to additional resources if needed
Local Governments do not

But 2 to 2 1/2 months?
and you don't think that's generous? Hmmmmm. How many meals did you provide?

They also sent them generators and water and vehicles and many fking other things you wish you could ignore but you can't. but it's who you are correct?

FEMA works for Trump

Unless the entire country was devastated and the roofs were blown up just about every house there.

Republicans are so nasty they could come up with logical reasons why babies should be locked in cages.
who was locked in cages?

IMHO---if thousands of people died just because of a hurricaine-------there is something really wrong with how that place is run

There is a lot wrong with what happened in Puerto Rico. The federal response was totallly inadequate. All communications was destroyed in the hurricane so the local government response was hobbled by an inability to contact workers, and roads that were destroyed.

There was a prohibition against non-American ships landing in the port with supplies and assistance that the Federal government refused to waive.

There was no federal assistance in restoring power, fixing the roads, and getting clean water to rural areas.

Basically they dropped supplies on the dock and left them there to rot.

FEMA works for Trump

Local Governments do not
Armed Federal Agents Enter Warehouse in Puerto Rico to Seize Hoarded Electric Equipment

But 2 to 2 1/2 months?

So where was the local government in all this? The State? The Counties? The Cities?

Why is this thrown at the feds doorstep when they provided millions of dollars in aid, hundreds and thousands of staff, and thousands of tons of materials?

His opinion is just as valid as those claiming the 3000 number is a hard number.

Even the study it came from calls it an estimate, a preliminary number.

FEMA works for Trump

Wow, what a non-response.

Go play in traffic.

Don't forget he spent most of his time insulting Puerto Ricans and people on the ground actually helping
Hey, c’mon now, cut him some slack. If not for trump, they wouldn’t have had paper towels to sop up all that flood water.

59d3d634351ccfd9008b7899-750-500.jpg
That was one of the most disgraceful things I’ve ever seen
That was a Marie Antoinette moment.

FEMA works for Trump

Local Governments do not

FEMA is the additional resource, they have no authority except what is mandated by federal law, and that law puts the onerous on the local government to use the resources made available by FEMA.

His opinion is just as valid as those claiming the 3000 number is a hard number.

An estimate isn't an opinion.

Jesus.

Trump will say anything. Please just stop

But 2 to 2 1/2 months?

No it is not......his opinion is based on protecting his ass

Forum List

Back