🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump advises Cruz on Citizenship Issue

Cruz won't do it because he knows he can't win that declaratory judgement
care to elaborate? I'm ignorant on what it is and how one could win or lose the judgement. TIA

I think the Constitutional issue will have to be resolved at the Supreme Court

Cruz has argued in front of the Supreme Court before, let him plead his case
A man is innocent until proven guilty, rightwinger. Ted Cruz is an American citizen, and this issue died and went to heaven 3 years ago. Don't you recall the outcome? It's best in this shortened quote:

"Under U. S. Law, the fact Cruz was born to a U. S. citizen parent already makes him a U.S. Citizen including a "natural-born" American, and is therefore elibible to run for President" --- August 20, 2013 --- http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/20/cruz-disputes-claim-dual-citizenship-with-canada-releases-birth-certificate.html

Innocent of being a Canadian?

Your link does nothing to prove he is eligible to be President

FoxNews does not get to clarify the Constitutional limits of being natural born. That is up to the Supreme Court

Cruz was born to a Cuban father....making him Cuban
He was born to an American mother....making him American
He was born in Canada....making him Canadian

Which is he? Let the court decide

Cruz won't do it because he knows he can't win that declaratory judgement

The courts don't - and won't do it- stupid idea- Trump just being the Birther he is.
Has the Court, or will the Court decide this type of problem is a political issue, not judicial?

It could go either way. Courts did address the issue of Barack Obama's eligiblity- dismissing every claim that he was not eligible because of his father not being a U.S. citizen- but at the same time- according to the Constitution, Congress is the one with the authority to determine whether an election was valid or not- so I could see the courts saying that the issue is properly handled by Congress when they vote to confirm an election.

Trump is a reality TV star
Cruz is a Constitutional scholar

Why is Trump advising Cruz on his Constitutional status?

I don't know either, but if it's dependant on Cruz being able to confirm he's a citizen, then he knows he won't get it. So he won't do it. :badgrin:

It has occurred to me that Trump may want Cruz to believe he can still run for president...since Cruz is his closest challenger. Then at the last moment, Trump will blast him on citizenship and win, hands down. Thus, sealing a very reluctant RNC nomination because the numbers would be too overwhelming to overcome and explain why they wouldn't nominate Trump then.

They need to get a Cruz replacement to the top and fast. Rubio and all the other B-League players (including the obnoxious-association to the name "Bush") are not going to cut it. They need a Christie or...? God how stupid....picking a Canadian to run...

I don't know either, but if it's dependant on Cruz being able to confirm he's a citizen, then he knows he won't get it. So he won't do it. :badgrin:

It has occurred to me that Trump may want Cruz to believe he can still run for president...since Cruz is his closest challenger. Then at the last moment, Trump will blast him on citizenship and win, hands down. Thus, sealing a very reluctant RNC nomination because the numbers would be too overwhelming to overcome and explain why they wouldn't nominate Trump then.

They need to get a Cruz replacement to the top and fast. Rubio and all the other B-League players (including the obnoxious-association to the name "Bush") are not going to cut it. They need a Christie or...? God how stupid....picking a Canadian to run...

LOL..........

Trump helping Cruz? Appears so. Good move? Bad move?

I think its a good move. Shows humility for his fellow man. He could let him hang out to dry and let the Dems/press have a feeding frenzy on the issue

I also think it's because he considers Cruz to be a good running mate.

How can Cruz be his running mate when Trump said in 2012 that Obama was not eligible because he was born outside the US

Is Trump that big a hypocrite and are Republicans that gullible?

Forum List

Back