Trump Ally pretends he doesn't know Pepe is White Nationalist Racist Meme

Leave it to the media/dems to distort, lie and make-up things as they go along. Pepe the frog is not a racist meme at all and people are clueless about its origin.

Here's the story behind Pepe:

http://www.pepethefrog.faith/

The Leftists and the Leftist Propaganda MSM get more ridiculous each day, they have their panties in a collective wad about a cartoon frog named Pepe :rolleyes-41:

They'll also do anything to deflect away from Hillary's health problems.

The idea that a meme automatically "belongs" to anyone is ludicrous. pepe has been around for 1/2 a decade now, and is used far more for idiotic 4chan-esque approval of gross human bodily functions than as a "poster-boy" for the alt right, whatever progs are defining as alt right these days.
A lot of those folks in the #AltRight have their roots in 4chan, so Pepe as an #AltRight icon isn't that unusual.

Memes are strange in that they're a lot like language. There's words and phrases unique to people and regions as well as words and phrases people use to identify their tribe and group. The idea of this is old and appears in the Bible via the story about "shibboleth". The #AltRight hasn't been shy about claiming Pepe and have been quite open about the idea they intend to make Pepe so toxic that they would be the only ones to use him. You can read about a lot of it here:

How Pepe the Frog Became a Nazi Trump Supporter and Alt-Right Symbol

They've been quite effective. When folks see Pepe on social media they know what that means now. That's a problem for the GOP right now because young voters are seeing that connection between Pepe and the #AltRight and they're seeing from there the connection to Trump. That isn't a good look for the GOP and it is not something the rank and file GOP want anything to do with. I know a lot of good people who are Republicans and/or Tea Party folks and Pepe and the #AltRight don't represent them at all. But memes are powerful and this one is getting connected to Trump in a high profile way.

That still doesn't clarify exactly what "alt-right" is, and mitigate the lefts attempt to equate "any right" with alt right.

and pepe's use by one fringe group doesn't mean they own it. Trying to get consensus on 4chan is like herding cats, sad basement dwelling virgin cats.
Ok, again props for the accurate description of 4-chan.

As far as defining the #AltRight, Hillary was wrong to try to define it. The #AltRight isn't hard to figure out. They self label on Twitter and other platforms and they are upfront and unapologetic about the fact that they are antisemitic, misogynist, racist, nationalists. They will out right tell you that in a mocking "Do you need a safe space?" tone if you ask. Again, I don't have to make a definition for them, they do it themselves.

My only real concern about these guys is that they do have teeth. A lot of them are former #GamerGate pukes and those guys were not only vile but dangerous. The folks that identify with both movements on social media reek of that "dangerous" group. There's also that a lot of the #AltRight are rebranded neo-nazis and racial superiority assholes. Those guys are also dangerous and have been looking for a vehicle to go mainstream.

The ones in it for LOLZ I pity. Day is going to come soon they decide to apply for a job in order to get out of their mother's basement. They'd best hope that no employer connects them to the #AltRight as the comments made in the name of the #AltRight would likely kill the application process right there.

As far as Pepe, you're right, they can't own it. But they can make Pepe something that folks identify with them just like the Nazi's turned an ancient religious symbol into their calling card. They've worked hard at doing it too.

The thing is there are people like me, who believe in freedom of expression, that will mock the snowflakes as well. and the fact you bring up Gamergate makes me understand your position even more. Even if there are vile things going on in that debate, there are tons of people who are just sick of being told that the games they like or the things they like are "ist/ic/ism hatreds". This led to pushback.

There is a difference between someone who actually hate all these things, and people like me who are tired of people on one side thinking that they can be assholes and then hide behind their oppressed identity as a shield when someone starts being an asshole back at them. It's ironic that in the case of Gamergate, the people who were once oppressed are now the bullies, and they are targeting the other group that used to be bullied just as much as they were, i.e single, nerdy males (and the females who are on their side, i.e groups like the Honey Badger Brigade).
I see Gamergate as being an example of folks taking an issue that might be legitimate (disclosures in journalism) and using it to be asses. There was no call for the doxxing that happened to Gamergate opponents, the threats that came in of physical violence, or the virtual lynch mobbing. And it definitely didn't help that the vocal voices of Gamergate came in so loudly and over the top about what, at the end of the day, ended up being an ex-girlfriend revenge issue.

I can understand folks being upset about PC culture and feeling they're being constrained, but a lot of the stuff being posted by the #AltRight goes way past being "not PC". You always have the right to say what you want, but a lot of the #AltRight seem to be pissed off that being racist will get them judged poorly by folks. Like it's a surprise that if you act like an Asshole people will treat you like you're an Asshole.
Sort of like black lives matter thugz ???

That still doesn't clarify exactly what "alt-right" is, and mitigate the lefts attempt to equate "any right" with alt right.

and pepe's use by one fringe group doesn't mean they own it. Trying to get consensus on 4chan is like herding cats, sad basement dwelling virgin cats.
Ok, again props for the accurate description of 4-chan.

As far as defining the #AltRight, Hillary was wrong to try to define it. The #AltRight isn't hard to figure out. They self label on Twitter and other platforms and they are upfront and unapologetic about the fact that they are antisemitic, misogynist, racist, nationalists. They will out right tell you that in a mocking "Do you need a safe space?" tone if you ask. Again, I don't have to make a definition for them, they do it themselves.

My only real concern about these guys is that they do have teeth. A lot of them are former #GamerGate pukes and those guys were not only vile but dangerous. The folks that identify with both movements on social media reek of that "dangerous" group. There's also that a lot of the #AltRight are rebranded neo-nazis and racial superiority assholes. Those guys are also dangerous and have been looking for a vehicle to go mainstream.

The ones in it for LOLZ I pity. Day is going to come soon they decide to apply for a job in order to get out of their mother's basement. They'd best hope that no employer connects them to the #AltRight as the comments made in the name of the #AltRight would likely kill the application process right there.

As far as Pepe, you're right, they can't own it. But they can make Pepe something that folks identify with them just like the Nazi's turned an ancient religious symbol into their calling card. They've worked hard at doing it too.

The thing is there are people like me, who believe in freedom of expression, that will mock the snowflakes as well. and the fact you bring up Gamergate makes me understand your position even more. Even if there are vile things going on in that debate, there are tons of people who are just sick of being told that the games they like or the things they like are "ist/ic/ism hatreds". This led to pushback.

There is a difference between someone who actually hate all these things, and people like me who are tired of people on one side thinking that they can be assholes and then hide behind their oppressed identity as a shield when someone starts being an asshole back at them. It's ironic that in the case of Gamergate, the people who were once oppressed are now the bullies, and they are targeting the other group that used to be bullied just as much as they were, i.e single, nerdy males (and the females who are on their side, i.e groups like the Honey Badger Brigade).
I see Gamergate as being an example of folks taking an issue that might be legitimate (disclosures in journalism) and using it to be asses. There was no call for the doxxing that happened to Gamergate opponents, the threats that came in of physical violence, or the virtual lynch mobbing. And it definitely didn't help that the vocal voices of Gamergate came in so loudly and over the top about what, at the end of the day, ended up being an ex-girlfriend revenge issue.

I can understand folks being upset about PC culture and feeling they're being constrained, but a lot of the stuff being posted by the #AltRight goes way past being "not PC". You always have the right to say what you want, but a lot of the #AltRight seem to be pissed off that being racist will get them judged poorly by folks. Like it's a surprise that if you act like an Asshole people will treat you like you're an Asshole.

The issue is people on the left think its perfectly acceptable to ruin someone for being a certain type of asshole. And the people on the other side can be just as or bigger assholes than the other side, but the lefties get to hide behind the victim shield. That isn't equality, that is shifting the balance of power from one side to another.

Gamergate started out about journalistic integrity, but ended up opening up the floodgates for various other issues.

PC defends people solely based on the color of their skin, who they feel like buggering, or what gender they feel like when they get up in the morning. It's unearned and unwarranted "superiority".

What pisses me off about the whole thing is how quick companies are to break ranks with someone that dares to defy the current orthodoxy, merely due to the perception of the risk of a chance of losing some business months down the road. What doubly pisses me off is the topics that are now considered worthy of such stigma.

It's like we've brought back the Scarlet "A" except now that "A" is replaced by (R)epublican, (C)onservative, or (L)ibertarian.
If your attack on a person's position is personal or includes a racial or ethnic slur, yeah, you get punished. If your argument is logically sound then your targets gender, ethnicity, or religion shouldn't matter.

And the Ideal Gas Law is just fine for determining the vapor states of hydrocarbons is a distillation column...

And its really only certain races/gender/ethnic/whatever slurs that get punished, and you know it. Again, the diversity shield only works on people racing to the bottom of the pity pole.

When a person makes their identity so much a part of their total self image and worth, it doesn't matter if you use bad words in any critique, just the fact that you have the gall to critique them at all makes you a racist, sexist, homophobe, whatever, ad nauseum.

Yeah, if you don't know what Pepe stands for now, you're not in touch with reality. Anyone on social media has seen Pepe. He's all over Twitter and he's become the symbol of the AltRight. Claiming he's not just makes you look ignorant. This would be like running for Parliment in a European country in the late 30's and claiming to be ignorant of what the Swastika symbolizes. You'd be rightly called out as incompetent and out of touch.

You're full of shit. I've been on the internet since '98, during this time i have easily averaged 2-3 hours a day. I have been a member of dozens of different message boards, of various subjects, and have authored tens of thousands of posts.

I have NEVER even heard of this "Pepe" thing until this story, and I guarantee you I'm not the only one.

Ok, Hercules is awesome. I'll give you props for that.

The idea that a meme automatically "belongs" to anyone is ludicrous. pepe has been around for 1/2 a decade now, and is used far more for idiotic 4chan-esque approval of gross human bodily functions than as a "poster-boy" for the alt right, whatever progs are defining as alt right these days.
A lot of those folks in the #AltRight have their roots in 4chan, so Pepe as an #AltRight icon isn't that unusual.

Memes are strange in that they're a lot like language. There's words and phrases unique to people and regions as well as words and phrases people use to identify their tribe and group. The idea of this is old and appears in the Bible via the story about "shibboleth". The #AltRight hasn't been shy about claiming Pepe and have been quite open about the idea they intend to make Pepe so toxic that they would be the only ones to use him. You can read about a lot of it here:

They've been quite effective. When folks see Pepe on social media they know what that means now. That's a problem for the GOP right now because young voters are seeing that connection between Pepe and the #AltRight and they're seeing from there the connection to Trump. That isn't a good look for the GOP and it is not something the rank and file GOP want anything to do with. I know a lot of good people who are Republicans and/or Tea Party folks and Pepe and the #AltRight don't represent them at all. But memes are powerful and this one is getting connected to Trump in a high profile way.
It's like when Drumpf mentioned he had 88 retired flag officers supporting him. 88. Alt-Righties get that right away.
Yeah, that's a... troubling coincidence. Especially given the folks he's ending up connected to. It's also the kind of thing that's really hard to prove. For example, if I say the answer is "42" I may be making a Hitchhiker's joke or the answer just may be 42. If I refuse to acknowledge the reference, then you can't prove I'm making a hitchhiker's reference.

Personally stuff like that adds to creepy factor for Trump. The fact that can be a thing we have doubts about (what does he mean by 88?) is troubling.

Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar.
It's a lot like Clinton's pneumonia diagnosis. If you already have reasons to question her health, it plays into the narrative. Taken on it's own, it's nothing. Overworked 60 year old gets pneumonia and tries to tough it out isn't exactly a sign of anything at all. Taken in the context of #HillaryHealth hashtags it is everything.

Lets just mock the fact that the pussified left has contrived something new to be offended about....
Just Shocking.......

Pity those tender Snowflakes

It's like when Drumpf mentioned he had 88 retired flag officers supporting him. 88. Alt-Righties get that right away.
Yeah, that's a... troubling coincidence. Especially given the folks he's ending up connected to. It's also the kind of thing that's really hard to prove. For example, if I say the answer is "42" I may be making a Hitchhiker's joke or the answer just may be 42. If I refuse to acknowledge the reference, then you can't prove I'm making a hitchhiker's reference.

Personally stuff like that adds to creepy factor for Trump. The fact that can be a thing we have doubts about (what does he mean by 88?) is troubling.

It's a lot like Clinton's pneumonia diagnosis. If you already have reasons to question her health, it plays into the narrative. Taken on it's own, it's nothing. Overworked 60 year old gets pneumonia and tries to tough it out isn't exactly a sign of anything at all. Taken in the context of #HillaryHealth hashtags it is everything.

But the thing is there has been other glimpses of health issues with her. This is just the first time it has been out in the open. The kicker is that dems went after McCain for injuries he got decades ago, and Dole due to his old injuries, but now real concerns over HC's health are being framed as sexist.

So the Diversity shield strikes again.

Yeah, if you don't know what Pepe stands for now, you're not in touch with reality. Anyone on social media has seen Pepe. He's all over Twitter and he's become the symbol of the AltRight. Claiming he's not just makes you look ignorant. This would be like running for Parliment in a European country in the late 30's and claiming to be ignorant of what the Swastika symbolizes. You'd be rightly called out as incompetent and out of touch.

You're full of shit. I've been on the internet since '98, during this time i have easily averaged 2-3 hours a day. I have been a member of dozens of different message boards, of various subjects, and have authored tens of thousands of posts.

I have NEVER even heard of this "Pepe" thing until this story, and I guarantee you I'm not the only one.
Messageboards like these stopped being the leading edge of the internet a while back. We're all dinosaurs here. I hang out on a lot of message boards too and I've seen a lot of folks drift away from the boards and towards social media.

Don't act surprised by it. It's happened before. Email groups used to be the big thing. IRC Chat was once upon a time the big thing. Social media is now where most of the action is happening. I see stuff on Twitter's trending page a full day or two before it ever appears here in threads.

Ok, uh...I thought Pepe was just a funny frog pic not some symbol of....anything really.

Apparently you're out of touch like me.
images

Leave it to the media/dems to distort, lie and make-up things as they go along. Pepe the frog is not a racist meme at all and people are clueless about its origin.

The Leftists and the Leftist Propaganda MSM get more ridiculous each day, they have their panties in a collective wad about a cartoon frog named Pepe :rolleyes-41:

*Hillary suffers cardiac arrest during speech*

News cycle:
"Trump prefers white chocolate over dark. Dog whistle for his racist tendencies?"
"Drunk man at Trump rally slaps protestor. Will Trump disavow?"
"Trump quiet on Twitter, rumored turmoil in entre campaign"
"DEVELOPING: Sources say Trump has killed over 200 Goldfish from his various hotel aquariums. Animal rights advocates in an uproar"

But the thing is there has been other glimpses of health issues with her. This is just the first time it has been out in the open. The kicker is that dems went after McCain for injuries he got decades ago, and Dole due to his old injuries, but now real concerns over HC's health are being framed as sexist.

Those were bullshit attacks on McCain and most folks saw right through it. The only legitimate gripe on McCain's health was that he was in line to be the oldest (IIRC) person ever to be sworn in as President. That made folks a bit twitchy especially given his choice of Palin.

As for Hillary, yeah she should have been more open about it, but there's as much reason to question her health as there is to question when Trump makes references to "88" or when he retweets a Star of David and claims it's a sheriff's star. He's got a narrative about him same as Clinton does and both should be more savvy about not playing into it. But they do anyway.

Those were bullshit attacks on McCain and most folks saw right through it. The only legitimate gripe on McCain's health was that he was in line to be the oldest (IIRC) person ever to be sworn in as President. That made folks a bit twitchy especially given his choice of Palin.

As for Hillary, yeah she should have been more open about it, but there's as much reason to question her health as there is to question when Trump makes references to "88" or when he retweets a Star of David and claims it's a sheriff's star. He's got a narrative about him same as Clinton does and both should be more savvy about not playing into it. But they do anyway.

The telling thing about the Star of David thing, or the 88 thing, is that prior to this election cycle, Trump was never seen as a budding Nazi, anti-semite, racist, or whatever. At most he was seen as a guy that would dump his wife for a new model once every decade and a half, and a giant blowhard. It's only when he became a viable threat to the Dems (and the establishment as a whole) that all this crap came out of the woodwork.

The funny thing is that I think these micro-gaffes actually HELP him with the electoral demographic he is aiming for. It makes him looked unpolished when people are looking for something other than the status quo political hack. It's what got him through the primaries, and what is making him viable 2 months out from the Election.

The only secrecy with Trump right now is his tax returns, and everyone knows he's rich, and probably has a competent accountant, but no one knows HOW rich.

That is in contrast with Hillary. Who's message and image is controlled, measured and precise, and what a lot of people are hating about politics right now.

[
The telling thing about the Star of David thing, or the 88 thing, is that prior to this election cycle, Trump was never seen as a budding Nazi, anti-semite, racist, or whatever. At most he was seen as a guy that would dump his wife for a new model once every decade and a half, and a giant blowhard. It's only when he became a viable threat to the Dems (and the establishment as a whole) that all this crap came out of the woodwork.
See I'd buy that if it weren't for a few things:

1. The birther crap.
2. His David Duke screw up. Trump knew who Duke was when he ran for President as a third party years back. To claim he didn't know now was a very strange thing. Duke is probably the most well known racist out there.
3. His language on illegal aliens tends to play right into the stereotypes.

Add to that his hiring of Bannon from Breitbart and suddenly Trump's status as a racist looks every bit as shaky as Hillary's health.

Points 2 and 3 up above could just be him being an unpolished politician, except....Trump isn't exactly camera shy. He's been on TV for a good long while. He markets himself as a brand. He's been savy with that brand management for a while. For him to suddenly be playing the unpolished outsider doesn't exactly fit the branding he has built around himself for years.

Put it all together and a lot of what Trump's doings this election cycle looks suspicious as hell.

[
See I'd buy that if it weren't for a few things:

1. The birther crap.
2. His David Duke screw up. Trump knew who Duke was when he ran for President as a third party years back. To claim he didn't know now was a very strange thing. Duke is probably the most well known racist out there.
3. His language on illegal aliens tends to play right into the stereotypes.

Add to that his hiring of Bannon from Breitbart and suddenly Trump's status as a racist looks every bit as shaky as Hillary's health.

Points 2 and 3 up above could just be him being an unpolished politician, except....Trump isn't exactly camera shy. He's been on TV for a good long while. He markets himself as a brand. He's been savy with that brand management for a while. For him to suddenly be playing the unpolished outsider doesn't exactly fit the branding he has built around himself for years.

Put it all together and a lot of what Trump's doings this election cycle looks suspicious as hell.

Just as Hillary has to placate the BLM yahoos Trump can't outright tell Birthers to fuck off. As for David Duke, again, I put that up more to lack of polish and being a politician, and if you notice he's been getting better at it. And yes, his illegals language is course, but again, he a rich brash asshat who's used to getting away with shit because he's the guy in charge.

He's been on TV before, but never been running for anything, especially something this important. And remember even his reality shows were at least semi-scripted and prepared.

What he's doing this election cycle is breaking the system, not a bad thing in my opinion, I just wish it was someone else doing it, someone with more federalist/strict constructionist/libertarian leanings.

*Hillary suffers cardiac arrest during speech*

News cycle:
"Trump prefers white chocolate over dark. Dog whistle for his racist tendencies?"
"Drunk man at Trump rally slaps protestor. Will Trump disavow?"
"Trump quiet on Twitter, rumored turmoil in entre campaign"
"DEVELOPING: Sources say Trump has killed over 200 Goldfish from his various hotel aquariums. Animal rights advocates in an uproar"

Uh-oh Pepe :eek-52: :tinfoil:

Forum List

Back