Trump Already Looks Like The Worst Of Richard Nixon

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
And it’s just the first week.

WASHINGTON ― Last May, when I was in Donald Trump’s 26th-floor office in Manhattan, the topic turned to former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.

“Kissinger was in to see me the other day,” Trump said. “We had a long talk.”

Trump, who had just become the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, was clearly delighted that the famed author of diplomatic tomes and master of (often brutal) global diplomatic maneuvers came to offer him counsel.

I suggested that Kissinger, who had helped to engineer President Richard Nixon’s 1972 opening to China, must have useful guidance on how to deal with that muscle-flexing country today.

Trump waved it away. China wasn’t what he was interested in talking to Kissinger about. Nor did he really want a global tutorial.

“I loved talking to him about Nixon!” Trump said. “Kissinger has some amazing stories about Nixon.”

Trump has long been fascinated by, even fixated on, Nixon (who, late in life, fawned over the real estate mogul). In his first week in office, he was busy doing all he could to go the disgraced former president one better ― or worse.

In the space of seven days, Trump lied through his teeth, sowed division rather than sought unity, attacked the press, treated Congress with contempt, ignored his own party, clothed race-tinged rhetoric in law-and-order lingo, and grabbed all the reins of diplomacy in his own Oval Office hands. He behaved as if he were picking up where his idol left off in 1972, before Watergate intervened.

So far, Trump has been the worst of Nixon, weaponized. Here’s a look:

More: Trump Already Looks Like The Worst Of Richard Nixon

Scary stuff - and it's only week 1. Trump epitomizes the imperial presidency.

WASHINGTON ― Last May, when I was in Donald Trump’s 26th-floor office in Manhattan, the topic turned to former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.

Trump, who had just become the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, was clearly delighted that the famed author of diplomatic tomes and master of (often brutal) global diplomatic maneuvers came to offer him counsel.

I suggested that Kissinger, who had helped to engineer President Richard Nixon’s 1972 opening to China, must have useful guidance on how to deal with that muscle-flexing country today.

Trump waved it away. China wasn’t what he was interested in talking to Kissinger about. Nor did he really want a global tutorial.

“I loved talking to him about Nixon!” Trump said. “Kissinger has some amazing stories about Nixon.”

Trump has long been fascinated by, even fixated on, Nixon (who, late in life, fawned over the real estate mogul). In his first week in office, he was busy doing all he could to go the disgraced former president one better ― or worse.

In the space of seven days, Trump lied through his teeth, sowed division rather than sought unity, attacked the press, treated Congress with contempt, ignored his own party, clothed race-tinged rhetoric in law-and-order lingo, and grabbed all the reins of diplomacy in his own Oval Office hands. He behaved as if he were picking up where his idol left off in 1972, before Watergate intervened.

The Huffington Post :rolleyes-41:

Nixon gave you people the EPA. Trump is reigning in EPA spending. How are Trump and Nixon really alike?

Hey dim bulb Trump so far is doing what he said he would. more than I can say for the prior administration.

5d5.gif

Trump ought to frighten the American people.
Sad to see so many errors in his first week.
Regrettably, we have seen nothing yet.

The Liberal Left is scared shitless, but that is obvious...

Can you name one?

Actually he has accomplished more in a week than his predecessor did in his 1st term, but you would have to have an open mind to understand this...

Washington Redskin, stay out of the firewater.
No one here wants to listen to a drunk fucking indian like yourself... :lmao:

We know he frightens all you snowflakes. That's why we like him.

Can you name one?

Actually he has accomplished more in a week than his predecessor did in his 1st term, but you would have to have an open mind to understand this...
You ask if I can name one error in Trump's first week. Yes, I can.
Mexico has been a close, friendly democracy for decades. Mexico shares a long land border with the USA and exports many agricultural and industrial goods to the United States. Furthermore, Mexico has a very strong cultural connection to the USA from California through Arizona and New Mexico to Texas. No country was closer and a greater supporter of the United States than Mexico which is home to millions of Mexican-Americans and their families over the decades with Spanish being the most popular second language in the USA. Now, with a strident and hectoring tone, the U.S. president has been insulting Mexicans with his promise of a wall paid for by them. It takes an idiot of colossal proportions to make an enemy from such a long-time friend. Such is Trump.

The USA and Mexico, like two little trees growing together, giving shade to each other as the sun moves from east to west.

Two little trees have been born on my ranch,
Two little trees that look like twins,
And from my little house I see them alone,
Under the holy protection and the light of the heavens.

They are never separated one from the other
Because God wanted the two born that way,
And with their very branches they caress each other
As if they were bride and groom that loved each other.

Little tree, little tree, under your shade
I am going to wait for the day when I die, tired
And when I am all alone looking at the sky,
I ask you to send me a companion.

Little tree, little tree, I feel lonely
I want you to keep me company until I die.

Can you name one?

Mexico has been a close, friendly democracy for decades. Mexico shares a long land border with the USA and exports many agricultural and industrial goods to the United States. Furthermore, Mexico has a very strong cultural connection to the USA from California through Arizona and New Mexico to Texas. No country was closer and a greater supporter of the United States than Mexico which is home to millions of Mexican-Americans and their families over the decades with Spanish being the most popular second language in the USA. Now, with a strident and hectoring tone, the U.S. president has been insulting Mexicans with his promise of a wall paid for by them. It takes an idiot of colossal proportions to make an enemy from such a long-time friend. Such is Trump.

The USA and Mexico, like two little trees growing together, giving shade to each other as the sun moves from east to west.

What a giant load of horseshit.

Error's? I don't see any. And if you were an American you wouldn't either.

Can you name one?

Holy fucking up twinkles and safe spaces.

Do you ever post an original thought?

Forum List

Back