Trump announces pardon of Jon Ponder ahead of GOP convention appearance

Ponder, who founded the nonprofit Hope For Prisoners, will be speaking at the convention, along with Richard Beasley, the FBI agent who arrested him, Fox News is told.

Ahead of the Tuesday appearance, the president announced the pardon in a video, calling Ponder's story "a beautiful testament to the power of redemption."

"He has created one of the most succesful reentry programs, Hope For Prisoners, in Las Vegas," Trump said in a video taped at the White House. "Hope for prisoners is a movement that began as a dream, in a tiny prison cell, and is now making a difference in the lives of thousands, truly bringing hope that there is an opportunity and a community that is waiting and willing to offer them a second chance."

President Trump has accomplished more for this country in his first term than any other president in my lifetime! :up:

Tonight will be another incredible night for the RNC!!

He isn't cozy with enough criminals, so he is getting one pardon so he can get a speaker at the convention? Classic! :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

They are just keeping up with the Jonzes after the DNC had their kidnapping torturing murderess Donna Hylton speaking and on display at their convention.

Trump helps and recognizes many ordinary citizens. The fisherman, the farmer, the prisoner, the 7 year old boy assaulted by adult democrats. Not one democrat can make any of these claims.

He isn't cozy with enough criminals, so he is getting one pardon so he can get a speaker at the convention? Classic! :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Trump has pardoned others over the last almost 4 years.

I know and I do not really care on an individual basis if it is not just to get a crony out of crap he brought on himself, and would not be getting out if not a buddy of the pres. Pretty convenient to do one during the convention, don't you think?

I know and I do not really care on an individual basis if it is not just to get a crony out of crap he brought on himself, and would not be getting out if not a buddy of the pres. Pretty convenient to do one during the convention, don't you think?

You don't know who Jon Ponder is do you?

I did not until I read the posted story from Fox after OP started the thread earlier this evening. I am glad he has found a more socially acceptable living than bank robbery. Like I told the poster before, I know he has pardoned before and I do not really care one way or another about them. Doing it during the convention is just a convenient emotional ploy for the show, in my opinion as I am not the type to get caught up in stage crafted moments put on by cynical politicians meaning to warm the hearts of the views. Viewers are down 29% from 2016. Strange, with a country closer to locked in and with a lot less to do besides watch trumped up pageantry. I am probably not the only one that doubts motive and is less impressed.

I did not until I read the posted story from Fox after OP started the thread earlier this evening. I am glad he has found a more socially acceptable living than bank robbery. Like I told the poster before, I know he has pardoned before and I do not really care one way or another about them. Doing it during the convention is just a convenient emotional ploy for the show, in my opinion as I am not the type to get caught up in stage crafted moments put on by cynical politicians meaning to warm the hearts of the views. Viewers are down 29% from 2016. Strange, with a country closer to locked in and with a lot less to do besides watch trumped up pageantry. I am probably not the only one that doubts motive and is less impressed.

He must be quite a guy. Ponder works with a bigly hired to run a company I'll never admit to.

Forum List

Back