🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump approval rating 37%.....Obama approval rating 55%

Has everything to do with Trump being inaugurated on Friday and your bitch losing.
If Trump is being inaugurated......why is his approval so low?

Most incoming presidents are well above 50%

Remember all the Republicans who didn't want Trump but once he got the nomination it became ABH? Anyone but Hillary? Well Trump was that anyone. That doesn't mean people who voted for him liked him.

He won't listen. He needs to believe, and to push the belief that Trump is now less popular than he was on election night.

He desperately needs to convince idiot Republicans that they can stonewall Trump and survive politically.

If I was one of these Senators or House members, I'd look closely at the vote breakdown in my State/District related to Trump before I ran my mouth. If they oppose him and it's in an area where Trump won handily, what makes them think the voters won't replace them with someone that supports Trump like they did?

If the GOP stonewalls Trump, that is the end of the GOP.

The dems get in in 4, they do amnesty, and democracy in this nation is dead.

Those GOP senators and house members will be powerless bitches for the rest of their lives.

Haven't you seen the shift Republicans have made lately on USMB? They are no longer against immigration. Just illegal immigration. So they are admitting they have no intention of stopping the flood of hispanics coming in. They'll just be legal now (amnesty) but they will still flood our markets with cheap labor.

Are you starting to see the GOP aren't going do to what you hoped? Told you so.

Remember all the Republicans who didn't want Trump but once he got the nomination it became ABH? Anyone but Hillary? Well Trump was that anyone. That doesn't mean people who voted for him liked him.

He won't listen. He needs to believe, and to push the belief that Trump is now less popular than he was on election night.

He desperately needs to convince idiot Republicans that they can stonewall Trump and survive politically.

If I was one of these Senators or House members, I'd look closely at the vote breakdown in my State/District related to Trump before I ran my mouth. If they oppose him and it's in an area where Trump won handily, what makes them think the voters won't replace them with someone that supports Trump like they did?

Those GOP senators and house members will be powerless bitches for the rest of their lives.

I wasn't suggesting that the person replacing them would be a Democrat. It would be another GOP that supported Trump.

The Party machine is strong. But maybe you are right.

Regardless if we have that much infighting, if our leadership decides to be that traitorous.

It will go the way I said.

Trump’s comments, which he made in an interview with The Washington Post that appeared Sunday, could mean he’s gone rogue and decided that, at least on health care policy, he has more in common with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) than House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.).

Or they could mean that, in reaction to public anxiety and recent protests over the possibility of more than 20 million people losing insurance, Trump is already misleading people about what he and his Republicans are planning to do.

Or Trump’s statements could mean that he has no idea what he’s talking about.

Speaking to the Post’s Robert Costa, Trump said his new health care plan would mean “insurance for everybody” with “much lower deductibles.”

Also, Trump said, he will call for the government to negotiate with pharmaceutical companies directly, forcing them to lower their prices.

“They’re politically protected but not anymore,” Trump said of the drug industry.

Regulators!!! Mount up.

Haven't you seen the shift Republicans have made lately on USMB? They are no longer against immigration. Just illegal immigration. So they are admitting they have no intention of stopping the flood of hispanics coming in. They'll just be legal now (amnesty) but they will still flood our markets with cheap labor.

That's not a shift. That maintaining what has been the belief.

If you think Republicans support amnesty, you're a bigger dumbass than I thought.

The split inside the GOP between anti-illegal immigration and anti-immigration has been there for decades, at least.

THe leadership has always been pro BOTH.

While the rank and file has been split. More and more trending to anti-BOTH.

That this is news to you, is just demonstrating EVEN more that you have been completely misinformed on the GOP forever.

Trump will move on this if he wants to get re-elected, or if he wants to NOT be rendered ineffective by a Democratic Congress in 2020.

Still, Trump cannot have an approval rating as a president yet. This is silly.

If you think Republicans support amnesty, you're a bigger dumbass than I thought.

Here was our position back in 2006:

Today's Immigration Battle Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

The corporatist Republicans ("amnesty!") are fighting with the racist Republicans ("fence!"), and it provides an opportunity for progressives to step forward with a clear solution to the immigration problem facing America.

Both the corporatists and the racists are fond of the mantra, "There are some jobs Americans won't do." It's a lie.

Americans will do virtually any job if they're paid a decent wage. This isn't about immigration - it's about economics. Industry and agriculture won't collapse without illegal labor, but the middle class is being crushed by it.

And this article will also show you we were telling you guys about "real" unemployment back in 2006. SO it's funny you telling us today.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics says there are 7.6 million unemployed Americans right now. Another 1.5 million Americans are no longer counted because they've become "long term" or "discouraged" unemployed workers. And although various groups have different ways of measuring it, most agree that at least another five to ten million Americans are either working part-time when they want to work full-time, or are "underemployed," doing jobs below their level of training, education, or experience. That's between eight and twenty million un- and under-employed Americans, many unable to find above-poverty-level work.

Has there ever been a thread on the USMB that has been more of an exercise in group navel contemplation?:coffee:

At the end of the day, this only thing that matters is 4 ............the magic number!!!

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/Trump.jpg.html][/URL]

We all get to wave hidie-ho to the definition of the intersection of incapable and incompetent........we get to feel the tingle up our leg.........and deliver the biggest bumpy cucumber in the history of political discourse!!:deal:

The corporatist Republicans ("amnesty!") are fighting with the racist Republicans ("fence!"), and it provides an opportunity for progressives to step forward with a clear solution to the immigration problem facing America.

Both the corporatists and the racists are fond of the mantra, "There are some jobs Americans won't do." It's a lie.
...work.

You need to stop listening to assholes who act as though white racists are a significant force in today's America.

...work.

You need to stop listening to assholes who act as though white racists are a significant force in today's America.
I hear that is the message moving forward. We will give you the benefit of the doubt but let's see you trumpeters put some economic opportunity where we have high levels of unemployment. Near black communities.

Don't just tell black people they need to get over it and move on.

And did you see my article from 2006 where it was us liberals telling you cons about the real unemployment numbers? Yea but you pretend or believe that started on Obama's watch.

...work.

I hear that is the message moving forward. We will give you the benefit of the doubt but let's see you trumpeters put some economic opportunity where we have high levels of unemployment. Near black communities.

And did you see my article from 2006 where it was us liberals telling you cons about the real unemployment numbers? Yea but you pretend or believe that started on Obama's watch.

That is not the message moving forward. That has ALWAYS been the message.

The opposite of white racism is not giving special treatment to black communities. The opposite of white racism, is treating people equally and fairly.

Good economic policy for AMERICA, will disproportionately benefit blacks for a number of reason. AND there will be special treatment for black communities.

And if anyone mentions slavery to me, the answer is to move on.

Historic net favorability Presidents entering office:

Carter +69
Reagan +40
Bush +46
Clinton +48
BushW +20
Obama +61
Trump -14

...work.

The opposite of white racism is not giving special treatment to black communities. The opposite of white racism, is treating people equally and fairly.

Good economic policy for AMERICA, will disproportionately benefit blacks for a number of reason. AND there will be special treatment for black communities.

It seems to me Trump is a pragmatic Republican. He's going to regulate. What ever happened to government should stay out? Seems like you Republicans will allow a Republican president to get very involved. I think you're ok with it as long as it's a R doing the regulating. I find that interesting.

The GOP in Michigan have taxed us middle class people while giving rich people tax breaks. You tell me how that's helping the gap between the rich and poor? Seems like they've shifted the tax burden more on to us. If they got a tax break and our taxes went up, you do the math.

On healthcare. Trump (the government) is going to get drug companies to negotiate. Why haven't we before? Democrats wanted to.

Going after illegal employers? We all hope so.

But are any of you going to be able to retire? I don't think so. I think under GOP rule the middle class disappears. Or lets put it this way. They'll never be able to retire. Or they will retire broke/poor. I look at my dad who worked about 25 years and my mom who worked about 25 years and they amassed $750K. Will the masses be able to do that? I don't think so. But these two people worked for HENRY FORD.

And I want to see interest rates go up god damn it! Time to go back to the days when banks gave you fucking interest on the money you saved. They aren't because they want you to put it in a 401K you can't touch and if you do they will bend you over and fuck you. They want all our money in a 401K so when the USA finally goes bankrupt they can just disappear your fucking money in a flash.

Carter +69
Reagan +40
Bush +46
Clinton +48
BushW +20
Obama +61
Trump -14

Still trying to talk him down before he even takes office. Pretty shitty. And completely dishonest.

Carter +69
Reagan +40
Bush +46
Clinton +48
BushW +20
Obama +61
Trump -14

Still trying to talk him down before he even takes office. Pretty shitty. And completely dishonest.

Just reviewing the facts

All those Presidents of both parties came in riding a wave of popularity. What is known as the "honeymoon period"

Trumps honeymoon is looking more like a divorce

...work.

It seems to me Trump is a pragmatic Republican. He's going to regulate. What ever happened to government should stay out? Seems like you Republicans will allow a Republican president to get very involved. I think you're ok with it as long as it's a R doing the regulating. I find that interesting.

Small government is not no government. The MASSIVE government we have now, has created a situation where republican rhetoric on it can sound like we are against ALL regulation.

This is not true, and has never been true.

Trump is certainly Pragmatic as opposed to Ideological.

The GOP in Michigan have taxed us middle class people while giving rich people tax breaks. You tell me how that's helping the gap between the rich and poor? Seems like they've shifted the tax burden more on to us. If they got a tax break and our taxes went up, you do the math.

Not familiar with the issue. Bringing back MANUFACTURING JOBS, and vastly limiting immigration will help with the gap.

On healthcare. Trump (the government) is going to get drug companies to negotiate. Why haven't we before? Democrats wanted to.

A very complex issue. But government money almost ALWAYS increases cost. I'm skeptical of Trump managing to do this without making the situation worse.

I knew that the dems would fail. Because they actively WANT to grow the government because that empowers THEM.

Going after illegal employers? We all hope so.

A lot of people DON'T hope so, and they will be fighting against us.Trump needs to be supported/held to his promise.

But are any of you going to be able to retire? I don't think so. I think under GOP rule the middle class disappears. Or lets put it this way. They'll never be able to retire. Or they will retire broke/poor. I look at my dad who worked about 25 years and my mom who worked about 25 years and they amassed $750K. Will the masses be able to do that? I don't think so. But these two people worked for HENRY FORD.

Yes, that masses will be able to do that. If they try.

Have you considered, for one example the massive savings to be caused by self driving cars, for elderly people?

And I want to see interest rates go up god damn it! Time to go back to the days when banks gave you fucking interest on the money you saved. They aren't because they want you to put it in a 401K you can't touch and if you do they will bend you over and fuck you. They want all our money in a 401K so when the USA finally goes bankrupt they can just disappear your fucking money in a flash.

An interesting point, that I have heard touched upon in the past.

Carter +69
Reagan +40
Bush +46
Clinton +48
BushW +20
Obama +61
Trump -14

Just reviewing the facts

All those Presidents of both parties came in riding a wave of popularity. What is known as the "honeymoon period"

And that is what you and yours are trying to do. Make sure there is NO honeymoon period, but to have created at least the appearance of loss of support.

I really hope that the GOP congressmen are not stupid enough to buy your shit.

If Trump's policies start turning out good numbers for American workers, would you support the media burying that info?

Carter +69
Reagan +40
Bush +46
Clinton +48
BushW +20
Obama +61
Trump -14

Just reviewing the facts

And that is what you and yours are trying to do. Make sure there is NO honeymoon period, but to have created at least the appearance of loss of support.

I really hope that the GOP congressmen are not stupid enough to buy your shit.

If Trump's policies start turning out good numbers for American workers, would you support the media burying that info?

You reap what you sow

Trump should have spent the last two months convincing the public that he is not the out of control egomaniac he is depicted to be

Instead, he proved it is true

Trump's approval rating at Inauguration is the lowest of any modern President, and 44 points lower than Obama's when he was sworn in.

44 points!

This is not surprising really.

First, we had the lowest voter turnout in 20 years. Half the population hated both candidates enough not to vote.

Opinion polls sample people who voted and didn't vote alike.

Second, Trump was liked by only 25 to 30 percent of Republicans, as we saw in the primaries. There was a significant percentage of Republicans who hated Trump. I was one of them. The 70 to 75 percent of Republicans who voted for him just hated Clinton more than they hated Trump.

Now that Clinton is out of the picture, those who hated Trump but still voted for him still don't like him.

Therefore, it is not surprising he has such a low popularity number.

Forum List

Back