Historic net favorability Presidents entering office:

Carter +69
Reagan +40
Bush +46
Clinton +48
BushW +20
Obama +61
Trump -14

Still trying to talk him down before he even takes office. Pretty shitty. And completely dishonest.

Just reviewing the facts

All those Presidents of both parties came in riding a wave of popularity. What is known as the "honeymoon period"

Trumps honeymoon is looking more like a divorce

And that is what you and yours are trying to do. Make sure there is NO honeymoon period, but to have created at least the appearance of loss of support.

I really hope that the GOP congressmen are not stupid enough to buy your shit.

If Trump's policies start turning out good numbers for American workers, would you support the media burying that info?

You reap what you sow

Trump should have spent the last two months convincing the public that he is not the out of control egomaniac he is depicted to be

Instead, he proved it is true

Your lies are of no interest to me other than how they reflect on your character.

ie VERY NEGATIVELY.

Trump won because he spoke out for MIddle America, a group you lefties hate.

A group that used to be the back bone of your party, that you have turned on.

All you lies about Trump, cannot hide that fact.

Why do you think you can't win the White Middle Class votes anymore?

Trump's approval rating at Inauguration is the lowest of any modern President, and 44 points lower than Obama's when he was sworn in.

44 points!

This is not surprising really.

First, we had the lowest voter turnout in 20 years. Half the population hated both candidates enough not to vote.

Opinion polls sample people who voted and didn't vote alike.

Second, Trump was liked by only 25 to 30 percent of Republicans, as we saw in the primaries. There was a significant percentage of Republicans who hated Trump. I was one of them. The 70 to 75 percent of Republicans who voted for him just hated Clinton more than they hated Trump.

Now that Clinton is out of the picture, those who hated Trump but still voted for him still don't like him.

Therefore, it is not surprising he has such a low popularity number.

And it is no way implies that the nation is not behind him on his policies nor that his policies can't do wonders for the people.

Here was our position back in 2006:

Today's Immigration Battle Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

The corporatist Republicans ("amnesty!") are fighting with the racist Republicans ("fence!"), and it provides an opportunity for progressives to step forward with a clear solution to the immigration problem facing America.

Both the corporatists and the racists are fond of the mantra, "There are some jobs Americans won't do." It's a lie.
...work.

You need to stop listening to assholes who act as though white racists are a significant force in today's America.
I hear that is the message moving forward. We will give you the benefit of the doubt but let's see you trumpeters put some economic opportunity where we have high levels of unemployment. Near black communities.

Don't just tell black people they need to get over it and move on.

And did you see my article from 2006 where it was us liberals telling you cons about the real unemployment numbers? Yea but you pretend or believe that started on Obama's watch.

That is not the message moving forward. That has ALWAYS been the message.

The opposite of white racism is not giving special treatment to black communities. The opposite of white racism, is treating people equally and fairly.

Good economic policy for AMERICA, will disproportionately benefit blacks for a number of reason. AND there will be special treatment for black communities.

And if anyone mentions slavery to me, the answer is to move on.

It seems to me Trump is a pragmatic Republican. He's going to regulate. What ever happened to government should stay out? Seems like you Republicans will allow a Republican president to get very involved. I think you're ok with it as long as it's a R doing the regulating. I find that interesting.

Small government is not no government. The MASSIVE government we have now, has created a situation where republican rhetoric on it can sound like we are against ALL regulation.

This is not true, and has never been true.

Trump is certainly Pragmatic as opposed to Ideological.

The GOP in Michigan have taxed us middle class people while giving rich people tax breaks. You tell me how that's helping the gap between the rich and poor? Seems like they've shifted the tax burden more on to us. If they got a tax break and our taxes went up, you do the math.

Not familiar with the issue. Bringing back MANUFACTURING JOBS, and vastly limiting immigration will help with the gap.

On healthcare. Trump (the government) is going to get drug companies to negotiate. Why haven't we before? Democrats wanted to.

A very complex issue. But government money almost ALWAYS increases cost. I'm skeptical of Trump managing to do this without making the situation worse.

I knew that the dems would fail. Because they actively WANT to grow the government because that empowers THEM.

Going after illegal employers? We all hope so.

A lot of people DON'T hope so, and they will be fighting against us.Trump needs to be supported/held to his promise.

But are any of you going to be able to retire? I don't think so. I think under GOP rule the middle class disappears. Or lets put it this way. They'll never be able to retire. Or they will retire broke/poor. I look at my dad who worked about 25 years and my mom who worked about 25 years and they amassed $750K. Will the masses be able to do that? I don't think so. But these two people worked for HENRY FORD.

Yes, that masses will be able to do that. If they try.

Have you considered, for one example the massive savings to be caused by self driving cars, for elderly people?

And I want to see interest rates go up god damn it! Time to go back to the days when banks gave you fucking interest on the money you saved. They aren't because they want you to put it in a 401K you can't touch and if you do they will bend you over and fuck you. They want all our money in a 401K so when the USA finally goes bankrupt they can just disappear your fucking money in a flash.

An interesting point, that I have heard touched upon in the past.

They aren't going to limit immigration. They'll maybe cut down a little on the illegal immigration but then they'll increase legal immigration. If you haven't noticed USMB and real Republicans have all done a 180 on immigration. Only you don't know it. They say they've never been against immigration, just like you are pretending you guys were never across the board against any and all regulations. Yes you were. You were just too stupid and stubborn to realize or admit it. We tried to tell you not all regulations are bad.

Anyways, it seems like besides the huge hit the middle class is going to take in the long run, Trump seems to be no different than Bill Clinton was. Bill went along with the GOP too much too.

I think like Reagan seemed good at the time, Trump is going to fuck the middle class too. You'll see

Historic net favorability Presidents entering office:

Carter +69
Reagan +40
Bush +46
Clinton +48
BushW +20
Obama +61
Trump -14

Still trying to talk him down before he even takes office. Pretty shitty. And completely dishonest.

Just reviewing the facts

All those Presidents of both parties came in riding a wave of popularity. What is known as the "honeymoon period"

And that is what you and yours are trying to do. Make sure there is NO honeymoon period, but to have created at least the appearance of loss of support.

If Trump's policies start turning out good numbers for American workers, would you support the media burying that info?

You reap what you sow

Trump should have spent the last two months convincing the public that he is not the out of control egomaniac he is depicted to be

Your lies are of no interest to me other than how they reflect on your character.

ie VERY NEGATIVELY.

In spite of your repeated denials, Trumps reputation as someone who is not in control of himself has been repeatedly confirmed

Trump has nobody but himself to blame. He should have put away his petty Twitter arguments and spent the time being Presidential. His low approval ratings are his own fault

You need to stop listening to assholes who act as though white racists are a significant force in today's America.
I hear that is the message moving forward. We will give you the benefit of the doubt but let's see you trumpeters put some economic opportunity where we have high levels of unemployment. Near black communities.

And did you see my article from 2006 where it was us liberals telling you cons about the real unemployment numbers? Yea but you pretend or believe that started on Obama's watch.

The opposite of white racism is not giving special treatment to black communities. The opposite of white racism, is treating people equally and fairly.

Good economic policy for AMERICA, will disproportionately benefit blacks for a number of reason. AND there will be special treatment for black communities.

It seems to me Trump is a pragmatic Republican. He's going to regulate. What ever happened to government should stay out? Seems like you Republicans will allow a Republican president to get very involved. I think you're ok with it as long as it's a R doing the regulating. I find that interesting.

Small government is not no government. The MASSIVE government we have now, has created a situation where republican rhetoric on it can sound like we are against ALL regulation.

The GOP in Michigan have taxed us middle class people while giving rich people tax breaks. You tell me how that's helping the gap between the rich and poor? Seems like they've shifted the tax burden more on to us. If they got a tax break and our taxes went up, you do the math.

Not familiar with the issue. Bringing back MANUFACTURING JOBS, and vastly limiting immigration will help with the gap.

On healthcare. Trump (the government) is going to get drug companies to negotiate. Why haven't we before? Democrats wanted to.

A very complex issue. But government money almost ALWAYS increases cost. I'm skeptical of Trump managing to do this without making the situation worse.

I knew that the dems would fail. Because they actively WANT to grow the government because that empowers THEM.

A lot of people DON'T hope so, and they will be fighting against us.Trump needs to be supported/held to his promise.

But are any of you going to be able to retire? I don't think so. I think under GOP rule the middle class disappears. Or lets put it this way. They'll never be able to retire. Or they will retire broke/poor. I look at my dad who worked about 25 years and my mom who worked about 25 years and they amassed $750K. Will the masses be able to do that? I don't think so. But these two people worked for HENRY FORD.

Have you considered, for one example the massive savings to be caused by self driving cars, for elderly people?

And I want to see interest rates go up god damn it! Time to go back to the days when banks gave you fucking interest on the money you saved. They aren't because they want you to put it in a 401K you can't touch and if you do they will bend you over and fuck you. They want all our money in a 401K so when the USA finally goes bankrupt they can just disappear your fucking money in a flash.

They aren't going to limit immigration. They'll maybe cut down a little on the illegal immigration but then they'll increase legal immigration. If you haven't noticed USMB and real Republicans have all done a 180 on immigration. Only you don't know it. They say they've never been against immigration, just like you are pretending you guys were never across the board against any and all regulations. Yes you were. You were just too stupid and stubborn to realize or admit it. We tried to tell you not all regulations are bad.

Anyways, it seems like besides the huge hit the middle class is going to take in the long run, Trump seems to be no different than Bill Clinton was. Bill went along with the GOP too much too.

I think like Reagan seemed good at the time, Trump is going to fuck the middle class too. You'll see

I hope you are wrong about immigration. Otherwise, this last chance for America will go right down the toilet.

Trump's approval rating at Inauguration is the lowest of any modern President, and 44 points lower than Obama's when he was sworn in.

44 points!

First, we had the lowest voter turnout in 20 years. Half the population hated both candidates enough not to vote.

Second, Trump was liked by only 25 to 30 percent of Republicans, as we saw in the primaries. There was a significant percentage of Republicans who hated Trump. I was one of them. The 70 to 75 percent of Republicans who voted for him just hated Clinton more than they hated Trump.

Now that Clinton is out of the picture, those who hated Trump but still voted for him still don't like him.

I like Trump more than I do any of the other Republicans who ran. And I wish him luck. It just looks to me like he stacked his administration with Wallstreeters and Billionaires. That's hardly draining the swamp.

Or that's draining the swamp so the alligators can come in and easily eat all the frogs fish and crawdads and snakes.

44 points!

And it is no way implies that the nation is not behind him on his policies nor that his policies can't do wonders for the people.

If they do, his approval will go up

If they turn out to be empty promises, his approval will drop down into the teens

Just reviewing the facts

You reap what you sow

ie VERY NEGATIVELY.

In spite of your repeated denials, Trumps reputation as someone who is not in control of himself has been repeatedly confirmed

Trump has nobody but himself to blame. He should have put away his petty Twitter arguments and spent the time being Presidential. His low approval ratings are his own fault

Bullshit.

If the vile shit left is allowed to talk unchallenged, they will fill the airwaves with so many lies, that they eventually end up with the Logical Fallacy of Proof by Assertion.

Proof by assertion - Wikipedia

"Proof by assertion, sometimes informally referred to as proof by repeated assertion, is an informal fallacy in which a proposition is repeatedly restated regardless of contradiction.[1] Sometimes, this may be repeated until challenges dry up, at which point it is asserted as fact due to its not being contradicted (argumentum ad nauseam).[2] In other cases, its repetition may be cited as evidence of its truth, in a variant of the appeal to authority or appeal to belief fallacies.[citation needed]

This fallacy is sometimes used as a form of rhetoric by politicians, or during a debate as a filibuster. In its extreme form, it can also be a form of brainwashing.[1] Modern politics contains many examples of proof by assertions. This practice can be observed in the use of political slogans, and the distribution of "talking points", which are collections of short phrases that are issued to members of modern political parties for recitation to achieve maximum message repetition. "

As I have said before Trump is the answer to you vile lefties.

And now your trying to act as though his fighting back to your lies, is somehow bad on him?

You are slime.

44 points!

If they do, his approval will go up

If they turn out to be empty promises, his approval will drop down into the teens

No matter what he does, nor what the results are, you lefties will never cease your vile dishonest attacks.

You are scum that way.

I hope you are wrong about immigration. Otherwise, this last chance for America will go right down the toilet.

Oh we will be fine. The poor will stay poor. It will hurt blue collar. But ultimately we will survive if we keep pumping in foreigners. Eventually they will assimilate. Don't get me wrong I don't want them to come but I don't think it's as bad as you think. The corporations say in order to grow we need the bodies. Watch, they will make the arguments now in favor of immigration. Not illegal immigration but watch, the GOP will become defenders of immigration.

Even if I'm right that the middle class are fucked under GOP rule, eventually we can and will fix what they do. For example, if working conditions continue to get worse we can strike, boycott and organize. We can get government to pass labor laws. In other words no matter how bad the GOP fuck us, we should be able to fix it.

I'm getting the feeling we needed this. I hope trump cuts the government in half. And the American middle class people need to realize what being middle class means. It means being able to retire after 30 years and enjoy your golden years. It means not having healthcare eat up your savings when you get old so you don't leave your kids anything.

I hope to heck Trump does what he says and says what he does. I really am hoping I'm wrong.

But either way I'll live.

I think Trump is good because the liberal way is impossible and the GOP way sucks and I think Trump will try to do what's right. The middle seems right.

Why Republicans might do almost nothing on immigration

Is it possible on immigration they could do almost nothing? Yes, it is.

We're already seeing signs that the Republicans aren't going to follow through on all their threats

Affordable Care Act. For years, Republicans pledged to repeal it, telling their rabid base over and over that the moment that Barack Obama was driven out of town, they'd repeal it. But now that they're actually confronted with the consequences of that pledge, they're almost paralyzed.

Before long Trump will take credit for what Barack Obama did (and it won't be the last time); you may not be aware of it, but Obama deported more people than any president in history, and there are fewer undocumented immigrants in the U.S. now than there were when he came into office. In fact, net migration from Mexico has been negative for the last couple of years, meaning more people moved from the U.S. to Mexico than came north.

Obama created the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA), which allows them to stay and work legally. Is Trump going to eliminate it? Don't bet on it. That's why when Paul Ryan was confronted at a town hall meeting last week he said this: No. No, Angelica. I can see that you love your daughter and you are a nice person who has a great future ahead of you and I hope your future is here.

So while we probably won't get real reform in the next four years, Republicans may try to do just the easy things like building a wall, quietly let DACA continue, talk about how "tough" they're being, and declare victory. That would mean immigration policies that aren't much different from what they are now.

We're already seeing signs that the Republicans aren't going to follow through on all their threats

Affordable Care Act. For years, Republicans pledged to repeal it, telling their rabid base over and over that the moment that Barack Obama was driven out of town, they'd repeal it. But now that they're actually confronted with the consequences of that pledge, they're almost paralyzed.

Before long Trump will take credit for what Barack Obama did (and it won't be the last time); you may not be aware of it, but Obama deported more people than any president in history, and there are fewer undocumented immigrants in the U.S. now than there were when he came into office. In fact, net migration from Mexico has been negative for the last couple of years, meaning more people moved from the U.S. to Mexico than came north.

Obama created the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA), which allows them to stay and work legally. Is Trump going to eliminate it? Don't bet on it. That's why when Paul Ryan was confronted at a town hall meeting last week he said this: No. No, Angelica. I can see that you love your daughter and you are a nice person who has a great future ahead of you and I hope your future is here.

So while we probably won't get real reform in the next four years, Republicans may try to do just the easy things like building a wall, quietly let DACA continue, talk about how "tough" they're being, and declare victory. That would mean immigration policies that aren't much different from what they are now.

We already knew the the Republican leadership was not on board with Trump and the Republican Party rank and file.

I find it interesting that you don't question Ryan's trustfulness when he says what you expect to hear.

We already knew the the Republican leadership was not on board with Trump and the Republican Party rank and file.

I find it interesting that you don't question Ryan's trustfulness when he says what you expect to hear.
Please explain what you mean about Ryan. I think Ryan is in the pockets of the rich. Does he really believe his way would be good for the majority of Americans? I'm sure he believes his way is right. But he has that right winger brain and I just do not. Lets see if Ryan's ideas are fair and if they work for the majority of Americans.

Ryan's policies reflect rightwing dogma. But he is honest
You may object to what he is proposing but you don't question his personal integrity

Trump is a serial liar. His first impulse is to lie to defend himself and then spin more lies to keep from admitting to it

DerTrump.jpg
Rick Rolled

Please explain what you mean about Ryan. I think Ryan is in the pockets of the rich. Does he really believe his way would be good for the majority of Americans? I'm sure he believes his way is right. But he has that right winger brain and I just do not. Lets see if Ryan's ideas are fair and if they work for the majority of Americans.

You are so skeptical of so many statements.

BUT, you present Ryan's comments to some young woman, as though it is proof.

IMO, if Ryan is smart enough to realize that supporting Trump on immigration will mean he REMAINS the speaker past 2020, he will do so, and that young mom can go f**k herself.

(speaking for Ryan on that)

If he is stupid, he might believe that he can help stonewall Trump and the GOP won't pay an heavy price in the mid terms.

Ryan's ideas are not fair. The only idea he needs to have, if that he has pissed off the Republican voters and the way back is to support/hold Trump on/to his promises.

You may object to what he is proposing but you don't question his personal integrity

Trump is a serial liar. His first impulse is to lie to defend himself and then spin more lies to keep from admitting to it

The actions of the REpublcian leadership in the last election is only superior to that of the vile democratic leadership in that they FAILED.

I do not question his personal integrity. I dismiss the idea of it.

Fuck him until he redeems himself.

He wants to destroy the social safety net that buoys most of the people he represents

All while his family takes government money to build public roads.

Why would I not question his integrity? Because he looks like a statesman relative to Trump? He sure as shit doesn't next to Obama

He knows his policies would crush millions of Americans, it's why you haven't heard him say a fucking word in the better part of a year.

Forum List

Back