Trump asks DOJ to drop charges

No, that is the law, that's why I posted it.

Here is another.

§ 2201. Definitions

As used in this chapter--

(1) The term "documentary material" means all books, correspondence, memoranda, documents, papers, pamphlets, works of art, models, pictures, photographs, plats, maps, films, and motion pictures, including, but not limited to, audio and visual records, or other electronic or mechanical recordations, whether in analog, digital, or any other form.

(2) The term "Presidential records" means documentary materials, or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, created or received by the President, the President’s immediate staff, or a unit or individual of the Executive Office of the President whose function is to advise or assist the President, in the course of conducting activities which relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President. Such term--

(A) includes any documentary materials relating to the political activities of the President or members of the President’s staff, but only if such activities relate to or have a direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President; but

(B) does not include any documentary materials that are (i) official records of an agency (as defined in section 552(e) of title 5, United States Code; (ii) personal records; (iii) stocks of publications and stationery; or (iv) extra copies of documents produced only for convenience of reference, when such copies are clearly so identified.

(3) The term "personal records" means all documentary materials, or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, of a purely private or nonpublic character which do not relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President. Such term includes--

(A) diaries, journals, or other personal notes serving as the functional equivalent of a diary or journal which are not prepared or utilized for, or circulated or communicated in the course of, transacting Government business;

(B) materials relating to private political associations, and having no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President; and

(C) materials relating exclusively to the President’s own election to the office of the Presidency; and materials directly relating to the election of a particular individual or individuals to Federal, State, or local office, which have no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President.
Would you comment on the part of THE LAW that I posted twice now? Thanks.

Teabaggers are delusional.
Biden gave the papers back when asked and cooperated with the investigation.

The orange wannabe dictator, refused, then he claimed .....................

'It's not theirs, it's mine': Trump resisted advisers' calls to ...

View attachment 900128
The Independent
https://www.the-independent.com › ... › US politics
Aug 16, 2022 — President ignored advice from counsel to heed National Archives' demands for records.

That’s fine, Biden gave them back. Does that just do away with the fact that he should have never taken them in the first place? I thought no classified document was to be removed from the scif? He had documents from when he was a senator. Do you really believe, with how classified information is tracked and catalogued, that nobody knew he had them? Nara and those that maintain such documents never knew they were missing? And if they did, never made any effort to recover them?

Fine, prosecute trump, put him in prison, whatever, but why just overlook the laws that Biden also broke?

That’s fine, Biden gave them back. Does that just do away with the fact that he should have never taken them in the first place? I thought no classified document was to be removed from the scif? He had documents from when he was a senator. Do you really believe, with how classified information is tracked and catalogued, that nobody knew he had them? Nara and those that maintain such documents never knew they were missing? And if they did, never made any effort to recover them?

Fine, prosecute trump, put him in prison, whatever, but why just overlook the laws that Biden also broke?
If Trump did the same as Biden or Pence.
There wouldn't be an issue.

from now on when every prez leaves, everything he takes should be noted by a 3rd party on exit

I did.
"that is the law, that's why I posted it".

The National Archives didn't want Trump's personal records.
They wanted the classified ones.

No court decides whether documents are classified.
So, you are just going to pretend that the law does not excempt personal copies from the Presidential Records Act?

Or are you going to pretend that a president does not have the power to de-classify documents?

If we're going to play pretend, let's pretend that Mayorkas secured the border, also. He said he did under oath many times.

So, you are just going to pretend that the law does not excempt personal copies from the Presidential Records Act?
Personal "copies" of classified documents?
Like the ones Trump had?
Are NOT exempt.
Like I stated, they could give a fuck about Kim Jong-Un's love letter to Trump.
Or are you going to pretend that a president does not have the power to de-classify documents?
Not pretending, because I never stated that.
He can, that doesn't mean the president can take anything he wants.
Classified or not.
If we're going to play pretend, let's pretend that Mayorkas secured the border, also. He said he did under oath many times.
Sure...............We can pretend your smart too.

Personal "copies" of classified documents?
Like the ones Trump had?
Are NOT exempt.
Like I stated, they could give a fuck about Kim Jong-Un's love letter to Trump.
De-classified.
Not pretending, because I never stated that.
He can, that doesn't mean the president can take anything he wants.
Classified or not.

Sure...............We can pretend your smart too.
We could also pretend that you know how to spell "you're."

SENATOR BIDEN had no RIGHT to any classified documents, cock smoker. Your TWO-TIERED views on this matter are BULLSHIT!!!!!
Thanks for pointing out the obvious, SeaSwab.
You think "whataboutism' excuses your dear leader.
Why didn't your dear leader do what Pence and Biden did?

Because he is a bloviating braggart.

www.newsweek.com › trump-tape-classified-documentsWhat Did Trump Say on Tape About Classified Documents? - Newsweek

Jun 29, 2023 · During the meeting, Trump tells those present that "as president, I could have declassified" the document. "Now I can't, you know, but this is still a secret."

Can you explain the difference that was noted? Can you provide a link to the special prosecutor's explanation??
"To preempt comparisons to the Trump case, Hur's report included explicit mention of Trump's conduct compared to Biden's.

"Unlike the evidence involving Mr. Biden, the allegations set forth in the indictment of Mr. Trump, if proven, would present serious aggravating facts," the report noted. "Most notably, after being given multiple chances to return classified documents and avoid prosecution, Mr. Trump allegedly did the opposite."

The combination of Biden's conduct -- as well as concerns about proving the case beyond a reasonable doubt -- resulted in Hur recommending against charges."

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, SeaSwab.
You think "whataboutism' excuses your dear leader.
Why didn't your dear leader do what Pence and Biden did?

Because he is a bloviating braggart.

www.newsweek.com › trump-tape-classified-documentsWhat Did Trump Say on Tape About Classified Documents? - Newsweek

Jun 29, 2023 · During the meeting, Trump tells those present that "as president, I could have declassified" the document. "Now I can't, you know, but this is still a secret."
None of that EXCUSES OR CHANGES THE FACT that they all did THE SAME THING.
But, there's one FACT that matters here; Trump was the PRESIDENT!!!!!
SENATOR Biden and Pence, not so much.
You can twist into a pretzel and cite MSM BULLSHIT all you want, all that does NOTHING to change the FACT that Trump had the rights snd PRIVILEGE to retain those documents that he did, never mind that the fucking FBI was completely aware of him having them!
Your duplicity is DISMISSED!!!!!

None of that EXCUSES OR CHANGES THE FACT that they all did THE SAME THING.
But, there's one FACT that matters here; Trump was the PRESIDENT!!!!!
SENATOR Biden and Pence, not so much.
You can twist into a pretzel and cite MSM BULLSHIT all you want, all that does NOTHING to change the FACT that Trump had the rights snd PRIVILEGE to retain those documents that he did, never mind that the fucking FBI was completely aware of him having them!
Your duplicity is DISMISSED!!!!!
You're delusional, SeaSwab.

1707748549422.png

Forum List

Back