Trump attacks Muslim War Hero's Parents

Oh...stay classy Trump, you thin skinned buffoon...

Trump Responds To Slain Soldier's Father, Who Appeals To GOP Leaders

In an interview with New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd Friday night, Trump didn't zero in on Khan's accusations but rather on his wife, Ghazala Khan, who stood beside her husband silently. His response to Dowd was brief.

"I'd like to hear his wife say something," Trump said.

Trump expanded on that sentiment in an interview with ABC News Saturday.

"If you look at his wife, she was standing there," Trump said. "Maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say, you tell me."

In an interview on MSNBC the previous night, Ghazala Khan explained why she chose to remain silent on stage.

"I cannot see my son's picture. I cannot even come in the room where his pictures are," she said. "That's why when I saw the picture on my back, I couldn't take it and I controlled myself at that time. So, it is very hard."

Her husband added that she served as his "coach" while writing the speech and said she gave him the strength to speak on stage.

"Forty years of marriage has brought us in a position where we are strength for one another," Khan said. "Her being there was the strength so I could hold my composure. I am much weaker than she is in such matters."

I'm just going to point out here that Hillary used the Khans as bait to lure Trump into "attacking" them. I think it is rather classless for her to take advantage of a family who lost their son in combat as a way to bait her political rival. And the only reason he was up there was because of his religion. What about all the Christian mothers and fathers who lost their sons and/or daughters in combat? Moreover, what about the families of the cops who were murdered this year? My assertion probably sounds like a conspiracy theory to you I gather, but it isn't. Why else would they be there?

What is the chance that Hillary actually cares about the Khan's son? What is the chance that she cares period? What is the chance she's actually doing it to promote the "Trump is hateful" slogan?

That might be the most ignorant post you've ever made, but I must say I can't claim to have read every one of your posts.

I think one important point to consider that, if Trump can be SO EASILY "baited"...what does that say about him as President?

If Hillary can't properly handle e-mails with top secret information, what does that say about her as president? If her campaign can't keep the Russians from hacking their database, what does that say about her as president?

That she is ill equipped to handle matters and materiel relating to national security. That she would be unable to protect America from cyber threats from overseas. Simple to see.

Does Trump care about Patricia Smith?

Speaking of Patricia Smith, why are we not discussing the fact Hillary called her a liar, too? Patricia Smith has consistently accused Hillary and the Obama Administration for lying about the cause of her son's death. Rewind to the March 9th Democratic debate.

"You know, look, I feel a great deal of sympathy for the families of the four brave Americans that we lost at Benghazi. And I certainly can’t even imagine the grief that she has for losing her son. But she’s wrong. She’s absolutely wrong," said Clinton.

She added that she and everyone else in the administration was "scrambling" to get information about what happened and that it was changing "by the hour."

So, there's the double standard. Did Hillary care about her? Most certainly not.

Actually, Hillary did not call her a liar - that is what the rightwing media is saying. What she said was: 'I can't imagine the grief she has about losing her son. But she's wrong. She's absolutely wrong.'

You can be wrong without being a liar. Lying requires an intent to deceive.

Was she right or wrong? I don't think anyone lied, looking at the below. But when your heart is breaking over the senseless death of your child it really doesn't matter. I think ANY parent - Hillary, Obama, Trump can relate.

Checking Patricia Smith's claims about Clinton and Benghazi

Let's try not to beat around the bush here.

When you say someone is wrong, especially someone who sees you and your employer as the direct cause of the death of their loved one, and whom accuses you of lying about said cause; to say they are wrong about an accusation of that magnitude, despite having evidence to the contrary, is in essence calling them a liar.

In an interview with New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd Friday night, Trump didn't zero in on Khan's accusations but rather on his wife, Ghazala Khan, who stood beside her husband silently. His response to Dowd was brief.

"If you look at his wife, she was standing there," Trump said. "Maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say, you tell me."

In an interview on MSNBC the previous night, Ghazala Khan explained why she chose to remain silent on stage.

"I cannot see my son's picture. I cannot even come in the room where his pictures are," she said. "That's why when I saw the picture on my back, I couldn't take it and I controlled myself at that time. So, it is very hard."

Her husband added that she served as his "coach" while writing the speech and said she gave him the strength to speak on stage.

"Forty years of marriage has brought us in a position where we are strength for one another," Khan said. "Her being there was the strength so I could hold my composure. I am much weaker than she is in such matters."

I'm just going to point out here that Hillary used the Khans as bait to lure Trump into "attacking" them. I think it is rather classless for her to take advantage of a family who lost their son in combat as a way to bait her political rival. And the only reason he was up there was because of his religion. What about all the Christian mothers and fathers who lost their sons and/or daughters in combat? Moreover, what about the families of the cops who were murdered this year? My assertion probably sounds like a conspiracy theory to you I gather, but it isn't. Why else would they be there?

What is the chance that Hillary actually cares about the Khan's son? What is the chance that she cares period? What is the chance she's actually doing it to promote the "Trump is hateful" slogan?

That might be the most ignorant post you've ever made, but I must say I can't claim to have read every one of your posts.

I think one important point to consider that, if Trump can be SO EASILY "baited"...what does that say about him as President?

If Hillary can't properly handle e-mails with top secret information, what does that say about her as president? If her campaign can't keep the Russians from hacking their database, what does that say about her as president?

That she is ill equipped to handle matters and materiel relating to national security. That she would be unable to protect America from cyber threats from overseas. Simple to see.

That's a whole 'nother issue. Frankly, she said it was a mistake. I suspect she's learned from it.

Has Trump ever admitted to a mistake?

And seriously Imperious - look how easily he can be baited, don't you find that even a little bit worrisome?

Does Trump care about Patricia Smith?

Speaking of Patricia Smith, why are we not discussing the fact Hillary called her a liar, too? Patricia Smith has consistently accused Hillary and the Obama Administration for lying about the cause of her son's death. Rewind to the March 9th Democratic debate.

"You know, look, I feel a great deal of sympathy for the families of the four brave Americans that we lost at Benghazi. And I certainly can’t even imagine the grief that she has for losing her son. But she’s wrong. She’s absolutely wrong," said Clinton.

She added that she and everyone else in the administration was "scrambling" to get information about what happened and that it was changing "by the hour."

So, there's the double standard. Did Hillary care about her? Most certainly not.

Actually, Hillary did not call her a liar - that is what the rightwing media is saying. What she said was: 'I can't imagine the grief she has about losing her son. But she's wrong. She's absolutely wrong.'

You can be wrong without being a liar. Lying requires an intent to deceive.

Was she right or wrong? I don't think anyone lied, looking at the below. But when your heart is breaking over the senseless death of your child it really doesn't matter. I think ANY parent - Hillary, Obama, Trump can relate.

Checking Patricia Smith's claims about Clinton and Benghazi

Let's try not to beat around the bush here.

When you say someone is wrong, especially someone who sees you and your employer as the direct cause of the death of their loved one, and whom accuses you of lying about said cause; to say they are wrong about an accusation of that magnitude, despite having evidence to the contrary, is in essence calling them a liar.

There is no beating around the Bush - wrong is wrong, mistaken - lying is with the intent to deceive. Look at the fact check. No one was intending to decieve - one can be wrong. She did not call her a liar and if you need to read between the lines to find that, then so be it.

That's a whole 'nother issue. Frankly, she said it was a mistake. I suspect she's learned from it.

That's one hell of a mistake Coyote. That's our national security she compromised on that unsecure server. That's classified information she deleted from that unsecure server.

Sometimes "Sorry" or "I made a mistake" won't cut it. Everything that Comey told us in his presser indicated she broke the law. The fact was made worse by the fact she got away with it. You can admit you made a mistake, but it doesn't repair the damage already done.

So, if we are going to make suggestions about the character of a presidential candidate based on their actions in the past, then this isn't "a whole 'nother issue", it is perfectly relevant to this discussion.

Has Trump ever admitted to a mistake?

And seriously Imperious - look how easily he can be baited, don't you find that even a little bit worrisome?

Clinton said something she did was a mistake? The server, so she didn't know when she started it would be? How dumb are you?

At least Khizr Khan is open about his homosexuality. He married a short, ugly man, and had the courage to bring him on stage with him!

Way to go!! That takes courage especially when you're an Allah Monkey!

48991951.cached.jpg

That's one hell of a mistake Coyote. That's our national security she compromised on that unsecure server. That's classified information she deleted from that unsecure server.

Sometimes "Sorry" or "I made a mistake" won't cut it. Everything that Comey told us in his presser indicated she broke the law. The fact was made worse by the fact she got away with it. You can admit you made a mistake, but it doesn't repair the damage already done.

So, if we are going to make suggestions about the character of a presidential candidate based on their actions in the past, then this isn't "a whole 'nother issue", it is perfectly relevant to this discussion.

I'm not going to defend it, but given we have a choice of two rather flawed candidates - Clinton scares me a lot less than Trump.

What Donald also said:

In a statement released Saturday night, Trump called the fallen Muslim soldier a hero who died but said his father, Khizr Khan, has "no right to stand in front of millions of people and claim I have never read the Constitution, (which is false) and say many other inaccurate things."

The real problem, he said, was the rise of radical Islam. He said Hillary Clinton played "a central role in destabilizing the Middle East," through her vote for the invasion of Iraq, her support of withdrawal of troops and the situation in Benghazi.

Trump calls fallen Muslim soldier a hero, but says father has 'no right' to attack him

Khan, the soldier is undoubtedly a hero.
But maybe if the elder Mr Khan personally had some of Trumps patriotism, he would have stayed and fought for his original country, Pakistan, instead of fleeing it?
He doesn't believe soldiers who get captured are heroes...I would have thought he'd have even less respect for those that get killed.

Awww a John McCain fan..... .I'm sure you felt bad for him......Hey John McCain backs Trump.over Hilary....that should yell you something
You're just wrong about everything, aren't you?

What was wrong in that statement?
You don't like republicans including John McCain?
McCain backed Trump over Hillary?

What is false?

I'm not going to defend it, but given we have a choice of two rather flawed candidates - Clinton scares me a lot less than Trump.

And that is a sad thing in and of itself. That one "scares me a lot less" than the other.

Angels and ministers of grace defend us....

And that is a sad thing in and of itself. That one "scares me a lot less" than the other.

hillary shouldn't "scare" you. you don't have to be best friends with your president. she just has to get the job done....

donald is a basket case. it isn't funny anymore. true story.

What the hell are we becoming...

We?

Trump, his enablers/supporters, and the GOP. Most of the nation is not in the gutter with them.

We don't want to be racist commies that project out hatred on others and try to kill as many blacks as possible....first lynch I ng, now abortion....Hillary and you lefties loooooove Margaret Sanger
Sanger opposed abortion...you wing nuts do realize that don't you?

It is said a fish as large as a man has a brain no larger than the kernel of an almond. In all fish and reptiles where there is no great brain development, there is also no conscious sexual control. The lower down in the scale of human development we go the less sexual control we find. It is said that the aboriginal Australian, the lowest known species of the human family, just a step higher than the chimpanzee in brain development, has so little sexual control that police authority alone prevents him from obtaining sexual satisfaction on the streets. According to one writer, the rapist has just enough brain development to raise him above the animal, but like the animal, when in heat knows no law except nature which impels him to procreate whatever the result. Every normal man and Woman has the power to control and direct his sexual impulse. Men and women who have it in control and constantly use their brain cells in thinking deeply, are never sensual.
The Public Papers of Margaret Sanger: Web Edition

She was a believer in Eugenics

Margaret Sanger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sanger wanted the Negro Project to include black ministers in leadership roles, but other supervisors did not. To emphasize the benefits of involving black community leaders, she wrote to Gamble, "We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea, if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." While New York University's Margaret Sanger Papers Project, argues that in writing that letter, "Sanger recognized that elements within the black community might mistakenly associate the Negro Project with racist sterilization campaigns in the Jim Crow South;"[92] Angela Davis uses the quote to support claims that Sanger intended to exterminate the black population

Yeah she was a racist, and she spoke in front of the Klan.....and most planned parenthoods are in black areas, even today.....hmmmmm

One day we'll all look back at this election in shame at what we allowed to enter political discourse. Donald f'ing Trump. How did it come to this...

Why are you outraged at your perception that he attacked a Muslim but not at the DNC emails attacking Sanders because he might be a Jew or an atheist?

Because Jews aren't trying to kill western civ and capitalism, muslims are, so he supports muslims.....fucking progressive fags.

Donald Trump’s slander of Captain Humayun Khan’s family is horrifying, even for Trump

The most emotional moment of the Democratic National Convention was the speech by Khizr Khan, the bereaved father of Army Captain Humayun Khan. With his wife Ghazala by his side, Khan recalled his son’s character, his faith, his patriotism — and, ultimately, his courageous death in the service of the country he loved, and the fellow soldiers he was protecting.

Donald Trump’s slander of Captain Humayun Khan’s family is horrifying, even for Trump

What the hell are we becoming...

We?

Trump, his enablers/supporters, and the GOP. Most of the nation is not in the gutter with them.

We don't want to be racist commies that project out hatred on others and try to kill as many blacks as possible....first lynch I ng, now abortion....Hillary and you lefties loooooove Margaret Sanger
Sanger opposed abortion...you wing nuts do realize that don't you?

It is said a fish as large as a man has a brain no larger than the kernel of an almond. In all fish and reptiles where there is no great brain development, there is also no conscious sexual control. The lower down in the scale of human development we go the less sexual control we find. It is said that the aboriginal Australian, the lowest known species of the human family, just a step higher than the chimpanzee in brain development, has so little sexual control that police authority alone prevents him from obtaining sexual satisfaction on the streets. According to one writer, the rapist has just enough brain development to raise him above the animal, but like the animal, when in heat knows no law except nature which impels him to procreate whatever the result. Every normal man and Woman has the power to control and direct his sexual impulse. Men and women who have it in control and constantly use their brain cells in thinking deeply, are never sensual.
The Public Papers of Margaret Sanger: Web Edition

She was a believer in Eugenics

Margaret Sanger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sanger wanted the Negro Project to include black ministers in leadership roles, but other supervisors did not. To emphasize the benefits of involving black community leaders, she wrote to Gamble, "We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea, if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." While New York University's Margaret Sanger Papers Project, argues that in writing that letter, "Sanger recognized that elements within the black community might mistakenly associate the Negro Project with racist sterilization campaigns in the Jim Crow South;"[92] Angela Davis uses the quote to support claims that Sanger intended to exterminate the black population

Yeah she was a racist, and she spoke in front of the Klan.....and most planned parenthoods are in black areas, even today.....hmmmmm

Gee, just yesterday you were saying this:

No shit it's the democrats always brining up the past and race…Republicans get blamed because we don't do that....ironically we are the ones who have progressed beyond that shit

So either you're a Democrat or you're bringing it up.

Which is it?

An OPEN LETTER to Mr. Khan

Dear Mr. Khan,

For the past few days I have been subjected to an unrelenting, full court press from the media portraying you as a sympathetic, grief-stricken father compelled to speak out against Donald Trump.

The speech you gave at the DNC runs around six minutes. Throughout the first 2 ½ minutes you describe yourself as a patriotic American Muslim with undivided loyalty to your country. You point out that you are blessed to have been able to raise your three sons in a nation where they are free to be themselves and follow their dreams.

You then talk about your son Humayun who was killed in action in 2004, his dreams of becoming a military lawyer, and how he put those dreams aside the day he sacrificed himself to save his fellow soldiers.

Beyond that point your speech sounded more like an indictment than a testimonial. An indictment that invites a response. I know I speak for millions of Americans who, like me are tired of watching Hillary Clinton and others use emotionally-charged issues to manipulate voters.

Your speech was a series of false allegations and misinformation. I’ve broken down your speech as follows:

“If it was up to Donald Trump, he (Humayun) never would have been in America.”

Here you charge that Donald Trump has proposed government policies that would have prevented you and your family from coming to America or serving in the armed forces. Mr. Khan, you know that is not the case. This is clearly an attempt to misconstrue Donald Trump’s stated position in regard to immigration and refugees and portray him in a negative light.

“Donald Trump consistently smears the character of Muslims.”

This is another misrepresentation of the facts. Donald Trump has called for strong action to address Radical Islamic Terrorism and prevent ISIS from infiltrating the refugee flow to enter our country. He has never made a single disparaging remark toward Muslims. Quite to the contrary, Mr. Trump has stated on numerous occasions that he has the highest regard for Muslims and has many Muslim friends and employees.

He disrespects other minorities, women, judges, even his own party leadership.

Apparently if someone disagrees with a person, you feel they disrespect that person. By that standard the case could be made that you disrespect Donald Trump. That being the case, your charges against him would reflect bias. Not something that you, as a lawyer, would want to bring into a court of law.

He vows to build walls and ban us from this country.

For decades our Congress has promised to build a wall to secure our southern border and stem the tide of illegal immigration. Donald Trump has vowed to do precisely that. I am unclear what you mean when you say “ban us from this country”. A wall on the southern border would only ban those who come into this country illegally. Donald Trump has said countless times that he wants immigrants to come into this country, but only if they come in legally. Something you should appreciate as a legal immigrant to the United States.

Donald Trump, you are asking Americans to trust you with their future. Let me ask you, have you even read the United States constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy.

You are quick to condemn Donald Trump but seem to have total confidence in Hillary Clinton as a Presidential candidate. Have you ever read Clinton Cash or Crisis of Character? I will gladly lend you my copy(s). I guarantee you will find them both to be eye opening experiences.

In this document look for the words liberty and equal protection of law.

You might review the report issued recently by FBI Director Jim Comey on Hillary Clinton’s email scandal. Per Director Comey, she lied to Congress repeatedly, destroyed 30,000 emails, and was grossly negligent in handling top secret government information. Under equal protection of law, Hillary Clinton would not be running for President of the United States, she would be serving 20 years in prison.

Have you ever been to Arlington cemetery. Go and look at the graves of brave patriots who died defending the United States of America. You will see all faiths, genders, and ethnicities.

This statement is nothing short of slanderous. Donald Trump has shown himself to be a friend to our Veterans and military and has championed their cause donating time, effort, and money to improve their benefits. He has also pledged to strengthen our military and provide for our veterans. Obama and Hillary have both neglected our Veterans and pushed for the sequester reducing our military forces to their lowest levels since WWII.

Just a thought, Mr. Khan, perhaps you should go and look at the graves of Ambassador, J. Christopher Stevens. Tyrone Woods, Sean Smith and Glen Doherty, the four Americans Hillary abandoned in Benghazi, the four Americans Hillary left to die.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.

Mr. Khan, I think I find this statement to be most troubling of all. Donald Trump is a man who by all accounts has it all. He is educated, successful, wealthy, charismatic, intelligent, and famous. He could easily step away from this election and let the country founder. But his love of country and family are so strong that he chose to combat a corrupt system of government, a system under which your candidate Hillary Clinton and her husband Bill have thrived and prospered for over 30 years.

Donald Trump is on the front lines of this political war, fighting to restore honor, decency, and accountability to a broken system. In doing so he has changed the way he and his entire family will live, not just for now but for the rest of their lives. He has taken on the establishment, both the politically elite and the media, by himself. Throughout this campaign he has walked tall, refused to compromise his principles, and fought against the ruling class on behalf of the American people. And for his trouble he receives nothing but scorn from nearly everyone in the establishment. He has sacrificed his personal life, time with his family including his 10-year-old son, Barron, and his reputation as a businessman, entrepreneur, and philanthropist. He’s devoted himself full-time to this campaign and is using his own money, over $50 million dollars, money he’s taking from his children and grandchildren to try and save this country.

Hillary is the one who has sacrificed nothing. She’s become a millionaire by selling out the U.S., she sucks in cash from Wall Street, Lobbyists, foreign governments, and anyone else willing to pony up for influence. Not only does all this dirty money fund her campaign, it pads her personal bank account. The Clinton’s net worth is up to $200 million, that from “dead broke” when they left the White House in 2001.

But living off other people’s money isn’t new to the Clintons, they’ve been on the public dole for most of their adult lives. Neither has worked in the private sector creating jobs or building businesses. Quite to the contrary. Hillary likes to brag about destroying jobs for coal miners, or acquiescing to the demands of the Teachers Unions instead of putting the needs of students first. For them power and legacy are all that matters.

We cannot solve our problems by building walls toward division. We are stronger together.

Platitudes sound nice but are meaningless in a world filled with chaos.

And we will keep getting stronger when Hillary Clinton becomes our President.

Hillary Clinton wants to expand upon Barrack Obama’s failed domestic policies and globalist push. They are more concerned with the rest of the world who are lining their pockets than Americans. In fact, Americans are last on their list of priorities.

In conclusion I ask every patriot American, all Muslim immigrants, and all immigrants to not take this election lightly.

This is a historic election and I request to honor the sacrifice of my son and on election day take the time to get out and vote. And vote for the healer, vote for the strongest, most qualified candidate, Hillary Clinton, not the divider.

Mr. Kahn, with all due respect, I must say that having watched your speech it is very hard for me to understand why you would exploit your son’s death and heroism for political capital. There are no facts to back up your charges against Donald Trump, just innuendo. You levy one outrageous charge after another asserting that you are trying to spare the nation the painful experience of electing the wrong person in November. Your speech was approximately six minutes in length. Of that time, you devoted 2:30 speaking of your love of country, family and your courageous son, and the rest of the time attacking Donald Trump and proselytizing for Hillary Clinton.

In a subsequent interview with CNN you assert terrorism has “nothing to do with Islam”. Tell that to the families of the victims of the massacre at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernadino. Tell that to the families of the victims of the massacre at the Pulse Night Club in Florida. Tell that to the parishioners of Rev. Francois Murad, an 86-year-old Catholic priest who was beheaded by ISIS during a Mass at a Normandy church. Tell that to the tens of thousands of nameless, faceless victims from all faiths, genders, and ethnicities who have suffered at the hands of Islamic terrorists carrying out indescribable atrocities in the name of Jihad.

Your son gave his life to save his fellow soldiers. He died at the hands of jihadists who impose sharia law upon the masses, a radical ideology that oppresses women, sanctions the murder of homosexuals, and calls for death to anyone who insults their prophet or opposes their religion. He died fighting for freedom, his fellow man, and his country. Who and what are you fighting for?

Respectfully,

John Douglas

Hillary shouldn't "scare" you. You don't have to be best friends with your president. she just has to get the job done....

Donald is a basket case. It isn't funny anymore. True story.

And that is perhaps the saddest thing I've seen someone post. It is also the worst defense any Hillary supporter has offered up for their candidate that I have ever seen. First, you justify why I should vote for Hillary with "you don't have to be best friends with your president."

To be blunt, you should be best friends with your president. Amicability should be a key trait in any presidential hopeful. However I won't be voting for someone who is too inept to handle documents and materiel pertaining to national security, and who has little to no regard for the laws that govern the rest of us.

Second, you justified why I should vote for Hillary simply on the premise that "Donald is a nutcase." What politician isn't?! There are people on this board so emotionally unstable that they would make Trump look like a Vulcan fresh off his Kolinahr.

You'll have to do better than that.

Last edited:

Hillary shouldn't "scare" you. You don't have to be best friends with your president. she just has to get the job done....

Donald is a basket case. It isn't funny anymore. True story.

And that is perhaps the saddest thing I've seen someone post. It is also perhaps the worst defense any Hillary supporter has offered up for their candidate. First, you justify why I should vote for Hillary with "you don't have to be best friends with your president."

To be blunt, you should be best friends with your president. Amicability should be a key trait in any presidential hopeful. However I won't be voting for someone who is too inept to handle documents and materiel pertaining to national security, and who has little to no regard for the laws that govern the rest of us.

Second, you justified why I should vote for Hillary simply on the premise that "Donald is a nutcase." What politician isn't?! There are people on this board so emotionally unstable that they would make Trump look like a Vulcan fresh off his Kolinahr.

You'll have to do better than that.

meh...in your opinion.

voting for an incompetent racist fascist is inexcusable.

Forum List

Back