🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

trump Backs Down. Again.

he great thing about America has always been that it was the place where you could succeed despite what your station of life was where you came from. America is "awesome" because you can become wealthy no matter your sex, your skin color, or your religious affiliation!

Horseshit. This is a racist society that went absolutely nuts when a black guy got elected because the rich privileged white boy fucked it up. So the "American" solution? Invoke a silly rule to put another clueless privileged white guy in charge.

Cuba on the other hand has people so desperate to get away from their corrupt system of government that they risk their lives on flimsy rafts crossing shark infested waters just to get to America!

Well, yeah, because we offer them a bag full of money to do so... which was our policy during the Cold War. Put enough money out there, and you can get the dumb white trash in Jesusland to do the same thing.

So let me see if I follow your "logic" here, Joey! America is a racist society...yet somehow that society elected Barack Obama as President of the United State? Did they not KNOW he was black?

Donald Trump was elected because of a "silly rule" that was invoked so that a privileged white guy would get elected? Are you referring to the Electoral College? You do realize that's been in use for decades...right? Was it "invoked" way back then because the privileged white ruling class could see into the future and know that Donald Trump would need it to be elected President?

Not your brightest posts, Joey! Just saying...

he great thing about America has always been that it was the place where you could succeed despite what your station of life was where you came from. America is "awesome" because you can become wealthy no matter your sex, your skin color, or your religious affiliation!

Horseshit. This is a racist society that went absolutely nuts when a black guy got elected because the rich privileged white boy fucked it up. So the "American" solution? Invoke a silly rule to put another clueless privileged white guy in charge.

Cuba on the other hand has people so desperate to get away from their corrupt system of government that they risk their lives on flimsy rafts crossing shark infested waters just to get to America!

Well, yeah, because we offer them a bag full of money to do so... which was our policy during the Cold War. Put enough money out there, and you can get the dumb white trash in Jesusland to do the same thing.

We give Cuban immigrants a bag full of money when they flee Cuba? Really, Joey?

Did you fall out of a stupid tree today, little buddy? You're posting NONSENSE!!!

That's your excuse for why Cuba and Venezuela are awful places to live? Colonialism? LOL You liberals are all alike...it's never the fault of the far left policies that were implemented by your heroes...Castro and Chavez! Oh, no...it's bad 'ole Uncle Sam! Colonialism didn't make Cuba and Venezuela what they are today...that was clueless leftists taking over and screwing things up badly!

again, your ignorance of history.

Here's what JFK said about the Cuban Revolution weeks before his assassination.

I believe that there is no country in the world, including the African regions, including any and all the countries under colonial domination, where economic colonization, humiliation and exploitation were worse than in Cuba, in part owing to my country's policies during the Batista regime. I believe that we created, built and manufactured the Castro movement out of whole cloth and without realizing it. I believe that the accumulation of these mistakes has jeopardized all of Latin America. The great aim of the Alliance for Progress is to reverse this unfortunate policy. This is one of the most, if not the most, important problems in America foreign policy. I can assure you that I have understood the Cubans. I approved the proclamation which Fidel Castro made in the Sierra Maestra, when he justifiably called for justice and especially yearned to rid Cuba of corruption. I will go even further: to some extent it is as though Batista was the incarnation of a number of sins on the part of the United States. Now we shall have to pay for those sins. In the matter of the Batista regime, I am in agreement with the first Cuban revolutionaries.

Why on earth would America want to be either Japan or Europe? We're the United States of America...an experiment in democracy that has made this country the envy of the rest of the world for well over two hundred years! You can have Japan and Europe...kindly leave what made America great alone!

If you are white and rich, America is awesome. For the rest of us, not so much If the dumb, poor white trash ever figure it out, you guys are in serious trouble.

The great thing about America has always been that it was the place where you could succeed despite what your station of life was where you came from. America is "awesome" because you can become wealthy no matter your sex, your skin color, or your religious affiliation! It's why we need walls to keep people out. Cuba on the other hand has people so desperate to get away from their corrupt system of government that they risk their lives on flimsy rafts crossing shark infested waters just to get to America!

That was true until 1980 when Reagan was elected but it is no longer true. When Reagan was elected you had a 20% chance of working your way out of poverty through education and hard work. Under conservative economic policies your chances are now less than 2%.

OK, Dragonlady...I'll bite! Where did you pull your 20% and 2% numbers from? What inherent change has taken place between when Reagan was elected and now? What "conservative economic policies" is it that have made it virtually impossible for the lower classes to succeed?

Less money is spent on education for the children of the poor. They start out with a substandard education. Then they have a reduced chance of getting into any college, much less attending a good college. Much of college admissions and scholarships are based on sports or extra-cirricular teams. Poor schools have far fewer extra-cirriculars, reducing the numbers of scholarships the students can qualify or apply for, and increasing the competitions for the ones they do. It's like tying rocks to their feet, throwing the kids overboard, and telling them to swim for shore, and then being surprised when hardly any of them make it.

The US is one of two first world countries which spend less money educating the children of the poor, than the children of the rich. Denmark spends MORE money educating poor kids, than rich kids. When rich people "adopt" public school classes, and give them extra resources, graduation rates soar, and most go on to university.

Poor at 20, Poor for Life

An alarming number of Americans are worse off than their parents and we're not talking about it enough

Last edited:
That's your excuse for why Cuba and Venezuela are awful places to live? Colonialism? LOL You liberals are all alike...it's never the fault of the far left policies that were implemented by your heroes...Castro and Chavez! Oh, no...it's bad 'ole Uncle Sam! Colonialism didn't make Cuba and Venezuela what they are today...that was clueless leftists taking over and screwing things up badly!

I believe that there is no country in the world, including the African regions, including any and all the countries under colonial domination, where economic colonization, humiliation and exploitation were worse than in Cuba, in part owing to my country's policies during the Batista regime. I believe that we created, built and manufactured the Castro movement out of whole cloth and without realizing it. I believe that the accumulation of these mistakes has jeopardized all of Latin America. The great aim of the Alliance for Progress is to reverse this unfortunate policy. This is one of the most, if not the most, important problems in America foreign policy. I can assure you that I have understood the Cubans. I approved the proclamation which Fidel Castro made in the Sierra Maestra, when he justifiably called for justice and especially yearned to rid Cuba of corruption. I will go even further: to some extent it is as though Batista was the incarnation of a number of sins on the part of the United States. Now we shall have to pay for those sins. In the matter of the Batista regime, I am in agreement with the first Cuban revolutionaries.

Why on earth would America want to be either Japan or Europe? We're the United States of America...an experiment in democracy that has made this country the envy of the rest of the world for well over two hundred years! You can have Japan and Europe...kindly leave what made America great alone!

If you are white and rich, America is awesome. For the rest of us, not so much If the dumb, poor white trash ever figure it out, you guys are in serious trouble.

The great thing about America has always been that it was the place where you could succeed despite what your station of life was where you came from. America is "awesome" because you can become wealthy no matter your sex, your skin color, or your religious affiliation! It's why we need walls to keep people out. Cuba on the other hand has people so desperate to get away from their corrupt system of government that they risk their lives on flimsy rafts crossing shark infested waters just to get to America!

That was true until 1980 when Reagan was elected but it is no longer true. When Reagan was elected you had a 20% chance of working your way out of poverty through education and hard work. Under conservative economic policies your chances are now less than 2%.

OK, Dragonlady...I'll bite! Where did you pull your 20% and 2% numbers from? What inherent change has taken place between when Reagan was elected and now? What "conservative economic policies" is it that have made it virtually impossible for the lower classes to succeed?

Less money is spent on education for the children of the poor. They start out with a substandard education. Then they have a reduced chance of getting into any college, much less attending a good college. Much of college admissions and scholarships are based on sports or extra-cirricular teams. Poor schools have far fewer extra-cirriculars, reducing the numbers of scholarships the students can qualify or apply for, and increasing the competitions for the ones they do. It's like tying rocks to their feet, throwing the kids overboard, and telling them to swim for shore, and then being surprised when hardly any of them make it.

The US is one of two first world countries which spend less money educating the children of the poor, than the children of the rich. Denmark spends MORE money educating poor kids, than rich kids. When rich people "adopt" public school classes, and give them extra resources, graduation rates soar, and most go on to university.

An alarming number of Americans are worse off than their parents and we're not talking about it enough

And yet some children of the poor excel at education despite being in poor schools. Why is that, Dragonlady?
Why is it that Vietnamese boat people who came here after the war in Vietnam ended...most with little more than the clothes on their back...forced to take menial jobs and living in cramped quarters...why is it that the children of THOSE people excelled in schools...even the poor ones? Is it the educational system itself? Or is it the family structure and expectations of the individual students? Is putting more money into poor schools really the answer when parents don't push education? It would stand to reason that if the problem were simply funding...then those Vietnamese-American children had more "rocks" tied to their feet than almost any of their fellow students...and yet THEY prospered? How is that possible?

I asked where you pulled your 20% and 2% numbers from...and also what conservative economic policies have now made it impossible for the lower classes to become successful. You failed to answer either question.

I asked where you pulled your 20% and 2% numbers from...and also what conservative economic policies have now made it impossible for the lower classes to become successful. You failed to answer either question.

The government studies are listed in the articles. You have to actually read the links. As are the reasons for it.

As for colleges accepting poor students? Do you not know that many colleges have very generous scholarship programs for underprivileged students? Do you not also know that minority students with poorer grades are regularly accepted to colleges over their middle class fellow students? How do you think Barack Obama ever got into Columbia?

The government studies are listed in the articles. You have to actually read the links. As are the reasons for it.

OK, I read the links. I don't see your 20% or 2% numbers referenced there. Where did you get them from?

I also saw nothing related to "conservative economic policies" making it impossible for the lower classes to become successful. Would you like to enlighten me on what those are?

So let me see if I follow your "logic" here, Joey! America is a racist society...yet somehow that society elected Barack Obama as President of the United State? Did they not KNOW he was black?

Given how bad Bush fucked everything up, it wasn't like we had a choice, was it?

But man, it still made people like you crazy.

Donald Trump was elected because of a "silly rule" that was invoked so that a privileged white guy would get elected? Are you referring to the Electoral College? You do realize that's been in use for decades...right? Was it "invoked" way back then because the privileged white ruling class could see into the future and know that Donald Trump would need it to be elected President?

Uh, guy, most elections, the guy who won the popular vote won the EC. Crazy was saying, "Naw, fuck what the people wanted, let's put in the racist game show host."

Given how bad Bush fucked everything up, it wasn't like we had a choice, was it?

But man, it still made people like you crazy.

Uh, guy, most elections, the guy who won the popular vote won the EC. Crazy was saying, "Naw, fuck what the people wanted, let's put in the racist game show host."

So Bush fucked things up so bad that all the racist Americans didn't notice Obama was black? Your premise is laughable, Joey! I suppose we were still all "crazy" when Obama was elected to a second term by racist Americans as well?

Most elections, the guy who won the EC won the Presidency! LET ME RESTATE THAT...EVERY ELECTION...THE GUY WHO WON THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE WON THE PRESIDENCY!!! IT'S HOW WE ELECT A PRESIDENT!!! DUH?

Last edited:
We give Cuban immigrants a bag full of money when they flee Cuba? Really, Joey?

Did you fall out of a stupid tree today, little buddy? You're posting NONSENSE!!!

Read up on the incentives we gave Cubans to come here before 1979. That was until Castro did a big old fuck you and emptied out his prisons and mental hospitals.

I'll "read up" on that as soon as you cite an example of it happening, Joey! Would you care to do so?

As for colleges accepting poor students? Do you not know that many colleges have very generous scholarship programs for underprivileged students? Do you not also know that minority students with poorer grades are regularly accepted to colleges over their middle class fellow students? How do you think Barack Obama ever got into Columbia?

The competition for the scholarships is fierce, and inner city kids start with substandard educations, fewer scholarship opportunities, and more competition for the spots.

Poor kids are hobbled by a substandard public and high school education from the get go.

So Bush fucked things up so bad that all the racist Americans didn't notice Obama was black? Your premise is laughable, Joey! I suppose we were still all "crazy" when Obama was elected to a second term by racist Americans as well?

The fact that a member of an insane cult got 47% of the vote would indicate we were.

Most elections, the guy who won the EC won the Presidency! LET ME RESTATE THAT...EVERY ELECTION...THE GUY WHO WON THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE WON THE PRESIDENCY!!! IT'S HOW WE ELECT A PRESIDENT!!! DUH?

Awesome, dude, but one more time, if the EC rejected the popular vote every time, we'd have gotten rid of it by now. We probably will get rid of it after Trump.

The competition for the scholarships is fierce, and inner city kids start with substandard educations, fewer scholarship opportunities, and more competition for the spots.

Poor kids are hobbled by a substandard public and high school education from the get go.

You ducked my question, Dragonlady! Why is it that Vietnamese kids...raised in households just as poor, attending the same public schools that you claim "hobble" poor kids, with an added handicap of a language barrier...why is it that THEY excelled academically?

Could it be that it's not necessarily the schools that are the problem? That poor kids whose parents don't stress education do badly and poor kids whose parents do stress education do quite well?

The fact that a member of an insane cult got 47% of the vote would indicate we were.

Awesome, dude, but one more time, if the EC rejected the popular vote every time, we'd have gotten rid of it by now. We probably will get rid of it after Trump.

Why would we get rid of something that's worked well for such a long time? Because someone you on the left don't like got elected? The Electoral College isn't the problem. Democrats running poor candidates is the problem.

You ducked my question, Dragonlady! Why is it that Vietnamese kids...raised in households just as poor, attending the same public schools that you claim "hobble" poor kids, with an added handicap of a language barrier...why is it that THEY excelled academically?

Could it be that it's not necessarily the schools that are the problem? That poor kids whose parents don't stress education do badly and poor kids whose parents do stress education do quite well?

Oh, look, it's another racist trying to use the "Good Minority" argument to justify his racism.

Did the Vietnamese kid have to deal with 400 years of racial oppression?

Why would we get rid of something that's worked well for such a long time? Because someone you on the left don't like got elected? The Electoral College isn't the problem. Democrats running poor candidates is the problem.

It doesn't work well. If you look at the times when ignored the will of the people, it's been a disaster.

Let's review, shall we. All the times the People SAID NO, but the EC said yes.

1824- Jackson won, but due to the corrupt bargain, JQ Adams became president. He was actually a pretty awful president.

1876 - Rutherford B. Hayes stole the election, and proceeded to end reconstruction, giving us 100 years of racism and Jim Crow (Or as you like to call it, "The Good Old Days".)

1888- Harrison- Idiot, they couldn't get him out fast enough, before he wrecked the economy.

2000- George W. Bush. Need I say more?

2016- Trump- Ah, yes. Open racism, Concentration Camps, broken alliances, possible unnecessary War with Iran.

Oh, look, it's another racist trying to use the "Good Minority" argument to justify his racism.

Did the Vietnamese kid have to deal with 400 years of racial oppression?

It doesn't work well. If you look at the times when ignored the will of the people, it's been a disaster.

Let's review, shall we. All the times the People SAID NO, but the EC said yes.

1824- Jackson won, but due to the corrupt bargain, JQ Adams became president. He was actually a pretty awful president.

1876 - Rutherford B. Hayes stole the election, and proceeded to end reconstruction, giving us 100 years of racism and Jim Crow (Or as you like to call it, "The Good Old Days".)

1888- Harrison- Idiot, they couldn't get him out fast enough, before he wrecked the economy.

2000- George W. Bush. Need I say more?

2016- Trump- Ah, yes. Open racism, Concentration Camps, broken alliances, possible unnecessary War with Iran.

Oh, so it's the "400 years of racial oppression" that has black kids failing in school? Really, Joey? How is it possible for one kid who's poor and doesn't speak English to completely outperform another kid who's poor but grew up with English as their first language? To be quite blunt...those Vietnamese kids didn't use racism as an excuse nor did they use not knowing the language as an excuse! You want to know why black kids fail in school? It's people like you who tell then they can't succeed because they are victims! It's parents that don't hold their kids to a higher standard. It's educators who are so scared of being labeled as "racists" that they allow nonsense like Ebonics to be taught in our public schools!

Oh, so it's the "400 years of racial oppression" that has black kids failing in school? Really, Joey? How is it possible for one kid who's poor and doesn't speak English to completely outperform another kid who's poor but grew up with English as their first language?

The KKKleaners called, they can't get that yellow stain out of your robes.

Nice to see you being open about your racism, though. It's refreshing.

It's people like you who tell then they can't succeed because they are victims!

I don't have to tell them that. They probably figure it out the first time a cop pulls him over for a DWB (Driving While Black).

It's educators who are so scared of being labeled as "racists" that they allow nonsense like Ebonics to be taught in our public schools!

I don't know of a single school district that teaches "Ebonics". Oakland tried something to help mainstream kids into learning more standardized English and it was quickly abandoned when wingnuts threw a fit.

Whatever Happened to Ebonics?

But, heck one half-ass attempt to teach ebonics for one year MORE than makes up for 400 years of slavery and Jim Crow.

Oh, so it's the "400 years of racial oppression" that has black kids failing in school? Really, Joey? How is it possible for one kid who's poor and doesn't speak English to completely outperform another kid who's poor but grew up with English as their first language?

The KKKleaners called, they can't get that yellow stain out of your robes.

Nice to see you being open about your racism, though. It's refreshing.

It's people like you who tell then they can't succeed because they are victims!

I don't have to tell them that. They probably figure it out the first time a cop pulls him over for a DWB (Driving While Black).

It's educators who are so scared of being labeled as "racists" that they allow nonsense like Ebonics to be taught in our public schools!

I don't know of a single school district that teaches "Ebonics". Oakland tried something to help mainstream kids into learning more standardized English and it was quickly abandoned when wingnuts threw a fit.

Whatever Happened to Ebonics?

But, heck one half-ass attempt to teach ebonics for one year MORE than makes up for 400 years of slavery and Jim Crow.

Oh...so the reason black kids are failing in school is because they're traumatized over being pulled over for "Driving While Black"? God, you're clueless!

Ebonics wasn't abandoned because "wingnuts" threw a fit...it was abandoned because it was a terrible idea in the first place!

Forum List

Back