🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump backs down

A president should not behave like that. The president's words carry a lot of weight world wide. Things like that diminish his presidency and his credibility.

Kind of like that quote: with great power comes great responsibility
Yet it's OK to tell bold faced lies about our health insurance or red lines in Syria? Selective outrage gets a big yawn from me.

There's a difference between baseless allegations directed at others, that are easily refuted - and what you call "lies" from politicians.

Did he lie about health insurance? Shade the truth? Or, did he state what he believed at the time? In fact, none of it was an out an out lie - many people did get to keep their plan or their insurance provided them with a new one. It's a complicated issue and you can legitimately argue the truth and veracity from both sides.

But Trump accusing a former president of a felony with ZERO evidence goes way beyond that. In fact, I'm willing to bet if Obama had done that you wouldn't be so blaise.

At what point do you stop defending the indefensible and start saying WTF when Trump comes up with these things?

"At what point" precisely. Or stated another way, exactly how deep is the river of DeNial?

The other question raised here is, at what point, if ever, does Rump learn his lesson that when he depends on Alex Jones, Mark Levin and freaking Dimbart for his tweeting points -- at what point does it dawn on him that he's being manipulated, punked and made to look like an idiot yet again?

Who was it that described "a man you can bait with a tweet".... :eusa_think:

The word "wiretap" has long been used as synecdoche for electronic surveillance in general, much as one might say "rod and reel" but also implicitly includes, hook, bait, tackle and more when they say what they used when they went fishing.

And fishing is all this story is since Trump used a very easily understood phrase to mean that the Obama regime had him under electronic surveillance.

But leave it to the leftwing hacks and ideologues to pretend otherwise.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said today that Donald Trump did not mean the Trump Tower was wiretapped when he said it had been wiretapped.
"I think there's no question that the Obama administration, that there were actions about surveillance and other activities that occurred in the 2016 election," Spicer said. "The President used the word wiretaps in quotes to mean, broadly, surveillance and other activities."
Spicer: Trump didn't mean wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping - CNNPolitics.com

Translating Trump's words: "Congress asked me for evidence and I didn't have anything because I made it up, so I'm gonna say wiretap doesn't mean wiretap".
No, that's not what it means Teddie. CNN? LOL
Does it mean that Trump is a lying piece of crap
You're thinking of the last guy. We have a new president now. He's making liberals deranged again.

So all the claims by NY Times and WAPO about verified sources saying that Trump was being wiretapped were baseless and fake news?!

What a surprise!

Assuming that Trump isnt dumb.............

Hasnt he saved Sessions with this nonsense ?

Its only a few days ago that Sessions was exposed as a liar and that all seems to be forgotten now.

Its only a few days ago that Sessions was exposed as a liar and that all seems to be forgotten now.
How was Sessions exposed as a liar, by forgetting to mention standard meetings with a Russian ambassador that Hillary Clinton and her campaign also had? LOL

A president should not behave like that. The president's words carry a lot of weight world wide. Things like that diminish his presidency and his credibility.

Kind of like that quote: with great power comes great responsibility
Yet it's OK to tell bold faced lies about our health insurance or red lines in Syria? Selective outrage gets a big yawn from me.

There's a difference between baseless allegations directed at others, that are easily refuted - and what you call "lies" from politicians.

Did he lie about health insurance? Shade the truth? Or, did he state what he believed at the time? In fact, none of it was an out an out lie - many people did get to keep their plan or their insurance provided them with a new one. It's a complicated issue and you can legitimately argue the truth and veracity from both sides.

But Trump accusing a former president of a felony with ZERO evidence goes way beyond that. In fact, I'm willing to bet if Obama had done that you wouldn't be so blaise.

At what point do you stop defending the indefensible and start saying WTF when Trump comes up with these things?
"Lies" from politicians? How how you dismiss it? Words that effect my life in many ways mean nothing to you but Trump giving them the same treatment he got is an outrage.

We have different values.

Yes. We do. You totally dismiss Trump's out and out lying. He's not shading the truth, presenting only part of the story - he's making it up and sending the whole country spinning and you just shrug it off. There isn't even a kernal of truth, he's accusing a former president of a felony, he's going to cost us HOW MUCH in taxpayer dollars and time, to chase down a red herring?

How was Sessions exposed as a liar, by forgetting to mention standard meetings with a Russian ambassador that Hillary Clinton and her campaign also had? LOL

Ok,

This is how it works.

He was asked a question........and gave an answer that was untrue.

It isnt a complicated proposition.

Press secretary Sean Spicer walked backed the president’s unfounded accusation.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said on Monday that President Donald Trump means what he says. Except when he doesn’t.

This includes when Trump uses quotes around his words, Spicer told reporters.

He was referring to a series of tweets that Trump wrote earlier this month, in which he accused his predecessor, President Barack Obama, of wiretapping the phones at Trump’s campaign headquarters last fall. The president hasn’t provided any evidence to support his claims.

On Monday, Spicer insisted that when Trump used the term “wiretap,” he meant any sort of surveillance. “There’s a whole host of things that fall into the category [of wire-tapping],” he said, and “a wide range of ways in which somebody can be monitored or followed up on.”

This, however, is incorrect. Wiretapping is a specific term used to refer to a third party intercepting telephone or internet conversations and or monitoring them.

“President Obama was tapping my phones,” Trump wrote in the wee hours of March 4. “Obama had my ‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower,” he also wrote. One day after he posted the tweets, Trump publicly asked Congress to investigate his unfounded accusation.

More: White House: Trump Didn’t Mean Wiretapping When He Accused Obama Of Wiretapping

How could Spicer say that with a straight face? The Trump lies never stop.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said on Monday that President Donald Trump means what he says. Except when he doesn’t.

He was referring to a series of tweets that Trump wrote earlier this month, in which he accused his predecessor, President Barack Obama, of wiretapping the phones at Trump’s campaign headquarters last fall. The president hasn’t provided any evidence to support his claims.

On Monday, Spicer insisted that when Trump used the term “wiretap,” he meant any sort of surveillance. “There’s a whole host of things that fall into the category [of wire-tapping],” he said, and “a wide range of ways in which somebody can be monitored or followed up on.”

This, however, is incorrect. Wiretapping is a specific term used to refer to a third party intercepting telephone or internet conversations and or monitoring them.

“President Obama was tapping my phones,” Trump wrote in the wee hours of March 4. “Obama had my ‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower,” he also wrote. One day after he posted the tweets, Trump publicly asked Congress to investigate his unfounded accusation.

More: White House: Trump Didn’t Mean Wiretapping When He Accused Obama Of Wiretapping

They are cowards, every single one of them

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said today that Donald Trump did not mean the Trump Tower was wiretapped when he said it had been wiretapped.
"I think there's no question that the Obama administration, that there were actions about surveillance and other activities that occurred in the 2016 election," Spicer said. "The President used the word wiretaps in quotes to mean, broadly, surveillance and other activities."
Spicer: Trump didn't mean wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping - CNNPolitics.com

Translating Trump's words: "Congress asked me for evidence and I didn't have anything because I made it up, so I'm gonna say wiretap doesn't mean wiretap".

I apologize that I didn't notice your thread when I started a similar one. Please excuse me.

They are cowards, every single one of them

Yes, and they are also lying cowards.

Now if Hillary, the DNC, the left and the media would just walk back their unfounded accusations of collusion with the Russians, we could call it even and all go home.

I think we have the first "Professional Liar" in the White House. He takes the art of Lying to a "never before seen" level.

Forum List

Back