Trump Begins Throttling California

Since I joined this site. These lousy California basher keep saying over and over. They never stop.
1. Businesses are abandoning Ca or people are leaving Ca.
So far Ca economy is booming with never ending growth. Better or far better than any other states.
So far people are coming to Ca to live here. And visits.
If you compare hardships and federal dependency with other states. California is not even the closest to the worst. By far.

2. Then they stupidly pick areas that has unemployment area.
California is a very big states with the largest population.

MAIN REASON: Some of the poor areas are far from cities or areas that are booming. So technically they rather babysit or depends on welfare than going to work. That’s a fact and reality in life.
That doesn’t mean California is bad.

Overall unemployment is around 4.2%.

Hmm. Do you think it's possible that people aren't just "California bashing" and actually have good reason to say what they're saying?

Another Big Company Departs California — Will Last One To Leave Shut The Lights? | Investor's Business Daily

"According to a report by business relocation expert Joseph Vranich, from 2008 through 2015, at least 1,687 California companies pulled up stakes and moved elsewhere. And those are only the reported ones, Vranich says.

He cites a rule of thumb among business site-selection experts that five companies leave for each one that actually gets reported in the press. So it's probable that as many as 10,000 companies have left in recent years."

Californians fed up with housing costs and taxes are fleeing state in big numbers

"“The rate at which California has been losing people to other states has accelerated in the past couple of years, in part because of rising housing costs,” said Jed Kolko, chief economist with employment website Indeed.com.

He said the latest Census Bureau data, from July 2016 to July 2017, show “more people moved out of California to other states than moved in from other states. In other words, California lost people due to domestic migration.”

During that 12-month period, California saw a net loss of just over 138,000 people, while Texas had a net increase of more than 79,000 people. Arizona gained more than 63,000 residents, and Nevada gained more than 38,000."

"Internal Revenue Service data would appear to show that the middle-class and middle-age residents are the ones leaving, according to Joel Kotkin, a presidential fellow in Urban Futures at Chapman University in Orange, California.

“We know the actual net migration out of California has been growing,” said Kotkin."

Did you read my post or you just stared at it?

Since I joined this site. These lousy California basher keep saying over and over. They never stop.
So far Ca economy is booming with never ending growth. Better or far better than any other states.
If you compare hardships and federal dependency with other states. California is not even the closest to the worst. By far.

MAIN REASON: Some of the poor areas are far from cities or areas that are booming. So technically they rather babysit or depends on welfare than going to work. That’s a fact and reality in life.

Alrighty then, how about you do some research? Here, let me help you get started, no point in you begin ignorant forever.

3 Simple Charts That Help Explain Why 9,000 Businesses Have Left California In Just 7 Years

Another Big Company Departs California — Will Last One To Leave Shut The Lights? | Investor's Business Daily

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/...a-lost-9-000-business-hqs-and-expansions.html

Californians fed up with housing costs and taxes are fleeing state in big numbers

Do they rake forests in your neck of the world, billy?

That's actually quite common. Or at least it used to be before the democrats all turned into morons. They thin out a lot of the small stuff and drag it into burn piles. Maybe sell some of it for pulp or posts and poles. Then burn off what's left in the winter when there's snowcover. That's how you get rid of the branches that are left over after a timber sale. Forest is a lot healthier afterwards. Stops bark beetle infestation. Democrats want forests to become overgrown brush thickets that are sick and half dead from insects so they can have million acre catastrophic fires they can whine about.

Don't know where the forests you describe exist.

I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest. Before reagan allowed private companies to log our mountains so much that they literally left totally bare mountains for as far as the eye can see. Nothing left alive. The only time anyone pulled downed brush out in piles is when the logging companies have taken what they wanted and left without cleaning their mess and replanting.

For your information, the government allows people to go into the forest to harvest a certain amount of downed trees. My family built a 3 bedroom log house 100% of logs from a man who has a permit to go into the forest to harvest a certain amount of downed trees. That house was built in the 90s. That has been going on for decades. You have to put the big red permit on the front dashboard of the lead vehicle of your business. And they are only allowed to take a certain amount.

The reason that all isn't allowed to be taken is because if you take too much you will kill the forest. The downed tress and foliage create the forest floor. Where the trees get their food and nutrients. It also provides homes and food for other life in the forest. Like squirrels. They eat the acorns and pinecones on the forest floor and their feces fertilize the forest floor. Which keeps the trees healthy.

One of the biggest reasons for the trees being so easily burned is that logging. The second growth is much more susceptible to being burned than old growth because old growth has much older and thicker bark. Second growth has not had the time to create that thick bark to be more resistant to fires. Second growth also allows for the forest floor to become much more dry than an old growth forest. The old growth has formed a canopy over the forest floor which shields the snow from the sun and evaporation. A clear cut and second growth allows the snow and rain to evaporate into the air. So it doesn't get a chance to soak into the ground to keep it moist in the dry season. Nor can the snow naturally melt off to fill streams, rivers and lakes for humans to use. Most importantly for farmers to use to grow the food we eat.

The main reason for the fires all over the west is global climate change. We aren't getting the rain and snow we should have to keep our forest more resistant to fires in the summers.

Last edited:

Hmm. Do you think it's possible that people aren't just "California bashing" and actually have good reason to say what they're saying?

"According to a report by business relocation expert Joseph Vranich, from 2008 through 2015, at least 1,687 California companies pulled up stakes and moved elsewhere. And those are only the reported ones, Vranich says.

He cites a rule of thumb among business site-selection experts that five companies leave for each one that actually gets reported in the press. So it's probable that as many as 10,000 companies have left in recent years."

"“The rate at which California has been losing people to other states has accelerated in the past couple of years, in part because of rising housing costs,” said Jed Kolko, chief economist with employment website Indeed.com.

He said the latest Census Bureau data, from July 2016 to July 2017, show “more people moved out of California to other states than moved in from other states. In other words, California lost people due to domestic migration.”

During that 12-month period, California saw a net loss of just over 138,000 people, while Texas had a net increase of more than 79,000 people. Arizona gained more than 63,000 residents, and Nevada gained more than 38,000."

"Internal Revenue Service data would appear to show that the middle-class and middle-age residents are the ones leaving, according to Joel Kotkin, a presidential fellow in Urban Futures at Chapman University in Orange, California.

“We know the actual net migration out of California has been growing,” said Kotkin."

I'll tell you what I tell every other puffed-up, arrogant leftist: Consider the possibility that I'm not disagreeing with you because I just "don't understand your brilliant post". It's entirely possible I read it, I understood you perfectly, and I STILL THINK YOU'RE A MORON.

I hope this helps.

A foreigner who’s an expert on our government.

Trump did it.

Imagine that! Living next door to the USA, hearing daily that it is the greatest country on earth. Watching American TV, and American news. In fact enduring a cultural indoctrination so thorough growing up with American media, that the Canadian government has now legislated against the level of American media content I grew up with, so how could I possible know ANYTHING about American government and how it functions.

Oh, and Canadians were also taught about the Canadian governement and the US government and how they are different and how they both function, when we were in school. I also worked in international law for close to 30 years, which required me to be familiar with US government agencies.

Not every nation's citizens are like Americans, growing up ignorant of other nations and how they function. Americans are the most narcistic people on earth. Canadians long ago learned how the gorilla next door behaves because our economic life has been tied to yours for so long. Every time your economy sneezed, our economy gets a cold, except in 2008, it didn't happen, and it didn't happen because we refused to deregulate the banks.

Canada has developed its own economy, independent of yours, that we survived the Great Recession with just a glancing blow. Your's isn't circling the drain, yet, but the handing of the next recession is critical, especially the weakening of the economic underpinnings created by the Trump tax cuts, and the ballooning of the deficit.

Inside every Canadian is an American trying to get out.
Oh Canada!
Where they prosecute you for saying Islam has been hijacked by people wishing to do evil in the world.

No they don't do anything of the kind. But if you start saying that all of Islam is evil and start a campaign to deport all Muslims, THAT will get you prosecuted. Hate is illegal. Having an opinion is not. You may not be smart enough to see the difference, but that's your problem.
You obviously don’t even know what’s going on inside your own country.

Free speech, eh? Why is Canada prosecuting Mark Steyn? | CBC News

First off, he's not being "prosecuted". Nobody arrested him, and he's not on trial. Secondly, if the book is deemed to be hate speech, it will not be sold in Canada. Oh the Horror!

There's no free speech in the USA either. The difference is you can be arrested for hate speech in Canada.

That's actually quite common. Or at least it used to be before the democrats all turned into morons. They thin out a lot of the small stuff and drag it into burn piles. Maybe sell some of it for pulp or posts and poles. Then burn off what's left in the winter when there's snowcover. That's how you get rid of the branches that are left over after a timber sale. Forest is a lot healthier afterwards. Stops bark beetle infestation. Democrats want forests to become overgrown brush thickets that are sick and half dead from insects so they can have million acre catastrophic fires they can whine about.

I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest. Before reagan allowed private companies to log our mountains so much that they literally left totally bare mountains for as far as the eye can see. Nothing left alive. The only time anyone pulled downed brush out in piles is when the logging companies have taken what they wanted and left without cleaning their mess and replanting.

For your information, the government allows people to go into the forest to harvest a certain amount of downed trees. My family built a 3 bedroom log house from a man who has a permit to go into the forest to harvest a certain amount of downed trees. That house was built in the 90s. That has been going on for decades. You have to put the big red permit on the front dashboard of the lead vehicle of your business. And they are only allowed to take a certain amount.

The reason that all isn't allowed to be taken is because if you take too much you will kill the forest. The downed tress and foliage create the forest floor. Where the trees get their food and nutrients. It also provides homes and food for other life in the forest. Like flying squirrels. They eat the acorns and pinecones on the forest floor and their feces fertilize the forest floor. Which keeps the trees healthy.

One of the biggest reasons for the trees being so easily burned is that logging. The second growth is much more susceptible to being burned than old growth because old growth has much older and thicker bark. Second growth has not had the time to create that thick bark to be more resistant to fires. Second growth also allows for the forest floor to become much more dry than an old growth forest. The old growth has formed a canopy over the forest floor which shields the snow from the sun and evaporation. A clear cut and second growth allows the snow and rain to evaporate into the air. So it doesn't get a chance to soak into the ground to keep it moist in the dry season. Nor can the snow naturally melt off to fill streams, rivers and lakes for humans to use. Most importantly for farmers to use to grow the food we eat.

The main reason for the fires all over the west is global climate change. We aren't getting the rain and snow we should have to keep our forest more resistant to fires in the summers.

Maybe you should get out more.

For your information, the government allows people to go into the forest to harvest a certain amount of downed trees. My family built a 3 bedroom log house from a man who has a permit to go into the forest to harvest a certain amount of downed trees. That house was built in the 90s. That has been going on for decades. You have to put the big red permit on the front dashboard of the lead vehicle of your business. And they are only allowed to take a certain amount.

The reason that all isn't allowed to be taken is because if you take too much you will kill the forest. The downed tress and foliage create the forest floor. Where the trees get their food and nutrients. It also provides homes and food for other life in the forest. Like flying squirrels. They eat the acorns and pinecones on the forest floor and their feces fertilize the forest floor. Which keeps the trees healthy.

Maybe you should be honest.

Better yet add to that honesty some actual real information on what you're talking about. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. What you posted never happened in the forests of the Pacific Northwest. Nor do I know of it happening in any forest.

Let the whole state burn to a crisp!
At least then the little S.A. girls and boys working in the SF bathhouses might have a chance to get away!

You're lucky that liberals don't say or even think of saying the same thing to red states in the south with hurricanes. We don't hate people just because they don't agree with our views nor do we even think about killing our fellow human beings nor wanting a whole state to be burned to a crisp. Sick people want and say things like that.

I wonder how all the people in those states would feel if we just said let the whole state drown!

You say those things because most of the people there don't have the same views and beliefs you have. That's all. None of the people there are harming you. None of them have more to do with you beyond supplying food and goods to you.

You don't even realize what you're saying do you? All you know is most people there don't agree with your views so you hate California.

People like you disgust me.
We don't hate people just because they don't agree with our views
you sure about that?.....

Last edited:

Maybe you should be honest.

Better yet add to that honesty some actual real information on what you're talking about. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. What you posted never happened in the forests of the Pacific Northwest. Nor do I know of it happening in any forest.

There are a lot more forests in this country than the Pacific Northwest, dipshit.

Alrighty then, how about you do some research? Here, let me help you get started, no point in you begin ignorant forever.

3 Simple Charts That Help Explain Why 9,000 Businesses Have Left California In Just 7 Years

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/...a-lost-9-000-business-hqs-and-expansions.html

Did you read my my post or you just stared at it?

I’ve heard that many many time from California bashers like you.

Let me help you out. Even if I will double the numbers those numbers from your link.

Did California blink because of companies and people moving out?
Did California sink because of companies and people moving out?
Did California suffer?

Please answer my question.

California’s economy is booming better than any states. We even have a surplus.

I'll tell you what I tell every other puffed-up, arrogant leftist: Consider the possibility that I'm not disagreeing with you because I just "don't understand your brilliant post". It's entirely possible I read it, I understood you perfectly, and I STILL THINK YOU'RE A MORON.

I hope this helps.

Moron? Really. You don’t know shit about California.

Let me help you out. Even if I will double the numbers those numbers from your link.

Did California suffer?

Thinker I’m waiting for your answer.

I hope this helps.

Arrogant? I’m a very nice kind hearted person.

But it brings out the worst of me every time I see these never ending Ca basher. I just don’t understand why.

You don’t hear democrats bashing other states.

A few years back I regularly visited The California Coast - near Fort Bragg. A timber company had employed several hundred people but shut down the mill and moved out. Why? Restrictions on logging so severe that there were millions but not allowed to be cut. No timber = no mill = no jobs. As they left they donated a nice chunk of forest to the state. Land they had kept clear of undergrowth even though they knew, given its location, they'd never be allowed to log it. They saw no point in continuing to pay astronomical property taxes on land they couldn't use and were leaving anyway.

The state accepted the gift and immediately spent several hundred thousand dollars improving it.

The improvements?

A fence around the whole thing. Probably 4-6 miles of fence. Also signs attached to the fence:

State Property
NO TRESPASSING
Violators will be prosecuted

The land has not been maintained.
The underbrush is flourishing.
The many beetle-killed trees are not felled.
WHEN fire breaks nearby homes will be destroyed.

See for yourself. Start from Fort Bragg, head toward Mendocino. You'll come to a crossroads just across a bridge. Signs to the left point the way to the dump. To the right, to Caspar. Take the right and watch the side of the road. See if anything has changed. It's been at least 2 years since I visited. It may have changed.

I doubt it.

Did California suffer?

Gee, and we have liabilities....dumbass.

California's $400 billion debt worries analysts

California’s Total State and Local Debt Totals $1.3 Trillion | California Policy Center

California’s ‘wall of debt’ is only a slice of its liability problem – The Mercury News

I live here....no one I know who is 40 or older was born here except my wife....people come from all over the world and all over the US for work...if it was what you guys claim, I wouldnt see millions of people here, and every restaurant, store, business is booming.
if it was what i claim?....i said the place is to crowded,am i right or wrong?...
Yes...but you also said industries are leaving....yes some are, aand more are popping....this place is buzzing, the GDP of California outperformed the US one. Even the unemployment rate is better than the US average and way better than most red states.
no i said they CAN leave and it will still be crowded...and yea the unemployment rate is great in the wealthy coastal counties....however 27 other counties are not jumping for joy....
You mean the red counties ?
And do you have to stick to your false claims ? All I see is a boom economy for the last 8 years and people still moving in by the thousands.
are those so called red counties part of the state or not?....and my false claims?.....how many times i have posted that unemployment chart from the state of California?....yet you just ignore it...why?....27 counties are higher than the state avg....half of them are twice the state avg...
I didnt see the stats, but I'm ready to check them out with you and see which counties have high unemployment rates, red or blue and lets compare them to other red states :).

I hope this helps.

You don’t hear democrats bashing other states.

WTF?

Good.....fuck California. Most Americans see that state as a glioblastoma anyway!
This only means we need to tear down the fense along the CA border and put it up to keep CA from. entering the rest of the states. Their new governor should just secede from the US, declare war against us, and get their asses kicked. Then apply for foreign aide from Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer.
Califoenia accounts for more than 12% of the GDP, it feeds you, it gives you technology, entertainment and scores of other things...without California and some other blue areas the US will look like Afghanistan on steroids.

Exactly.

I live north of you in Washington. I've lived down in California in the past and go back down there often. Was in Tahoe in October.

My state and yours supplies a lot of food and technology to this nation. We pay billions in taxes to DC yet we get a fraction of it back while states like Kentucky, Alaska, Alabama and other red states receive more than twice what they contribute to DC.

Blues states like yours and mine literally feed and support those people in red states.
Cons refuse to admit that we feed them food, give them technology and innovation, entertainment and even our hard earned money.
Thousands of threads bashing calofornia in this forum from ungrateful bastards.

Good.....fuck California. Most Americans see that state as a glioblastoma anyway!
This only means we need to tear down the fense along the CA border and put it up to keep CA from. entering the rest of the states. Their new governor should just secede from the US, declare war against us, and get their asses kicked. Then apply for foreign aide from Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer.
Califoenia accounts for more than 12% of the GDP, it feeds you, it gives you technology, entertainment and scores of other things...without California and some other blue areas the US will look like Afghanistan on steroids.

Exactly.

I live north of you in Washington. I've lived down in California in the past and go back down there often. Was in Tahoe in October.

My state and yours supplies a lot of food and technology to this nation. We pay billions in taxes to DC yet we get a fraction of it back while states like Kentucky, Alaska, Alabama and other red states receive more than twice what they contribute to DC.

Blues states like yours and mine literally feed and support those people in red states.
Cons refuse to admit that we feed them food, give them technology and innovation, entertainment and even our hard earned money.
Thousands of threads bashing calofornia in this forum from ungrateful bastards.
I wish California would just burn to ash already.

Fuck you all.

Imagine that! Living next door to the USA, hearing daily that it is the greatest country on earth. Watching American TV, and American news. In fact enduring a cultural indoctrination so thorough growing up with American media, that the Canadian government has now legislated against the level of American media content I grew up with, so how could I possible know ANYTHING about American government and how it functions.

Oh, and Canadians were also taught about the Canadian governement and the US government and how they are different and how they both function, when we were in school. I also worked in international law for close to 30 years, which required me to be familiar with US government agencies.

Not every nation's citizens are like Americans, growing up ignorant of other nations and how they function. Americans are the most narcistic people on earth. Canadians long ago learned how the gorilla next door behaves because our economic life has been tied to yours for so long. Every time your economy sneezed, our economy gets a cold, except in 2008, it didn't happen, and it didn't happen because we refused to deregulate the banks.

Canada has developed its own economy, independent of yours, that we survived the Great Recession with just a glancing blow. Your's isn't circling the drain, yet, but the handing of the next recession is critical, especially the weakening of the economic underpinnings created by the Trump tax cuts, and the ballooning of the deficit.

Inside every Canadian is an American trying to get out.
Oh Canada!
Where they prosecute you for saying Islam has been hijacked by people wishing to do evil in the world.

No they don't do anything of the kind. But if you start saying that all of Islam is evil and start a campaign to deport all Muslims, THAT will get you prosecuted. Hate is illegal. Having an opinion is not. You may not be smart enough to see the difference, but that's your problem.
You obviously don’t even know what’s going on inside your own country.

Free speech, eh? Why is Canada prosecuting Mark Steyn? | CBC News

First off, he's not being "prosecuted". Nobody arrested him, and he's not on trial. Secondly, if the book is deemed to be hate speech, it will not be sold in Canada. Oh the Horror!

There's no free speech in the USA either. The difference is you can be arrested for hate speech in Canada.

You last two sentences, could you please expound, they seem contradictory to me.

Forum List

Back