trump begs Florida judge to restore his Twitter account

Do you think trump should have his Twitter account reactivated?

• No, he'll just call for more violence

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Yes, trump has learned his lesson and will behave in the future

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
The First Amendment codifies the right to freedom of association.

That means that private persons, private organizations, and private social media are at liberty to decide who will or will not be a member of that organization (see BSA v. Dale (2000)).

It means that government cannot force a private organization – such as social media – to accept someone as a member; government attempting to do so is a violation of the First Amendment right to freedom of association.
I don't know now, given we keep seeing gay leftist dolts want wedding cake from the Colorado baker.

BTW, "private social media", WTF is that???? :rolleyes: In fact, you may be a lawyer, but your understanding of the internet and social media are so fxxk up.

OK, Imagine there is a public highway system. there is a route named social media. FB is the greyhound, and it is almost the only guy in town. Ok, you can drive your own car but it takes forever to finish the trip. Now, FB bans you. What can you do?

I don't know now, given we keep seeing gay leftist dolts want wedding cake from the Colorado baker.

BTW, "private social media", WTF is that???? :rolleyes: In fact, you may be a lawyer, but your understanding of the internet and social media are so fxxk up.

OK, Imagine there is a public highway system. there is a route named social media. FB is the greyhound, and it is almost the only guy in town. Ok, you can drive your own car but it takes forever to finish the trip. Now, FB bans you. What can you do?
Whine to the government!!!!

No, yours is indeed an idiotic statement.

Government doesn’t ‘protect’ free speech.

The doctrine of free speech protects citizens from government excess and overreach – such as conservatives advocating government silence social media because conservatives incorrectly perceive social media as being ‘hostile’ to conservatives.
You are right about free speech. However, the current situation has little to do with free speech. Free speech is only the surface. The real deal is a private "the only guy in the game" company issue.

I am not trump supporter, but just ban trump is so wrong.

Doesn’t have anything to do with the legal argument.

The legal argument is that Twitter is a government actor. None of you have read the lawsuit.
For some reason you think you know more about the lawsuit than the person who filed it, and his attorneys.

You have nothing but your Trump Derangement Syndrome.

The first amendment does not require equal treatment.
So a corporation like Ford, Coca Cola etc could fire any employee simply because he/she voted for Biden? How long to you think it would take the Feds to get involved in that?

That was never in doubt.

It is always worth a chuckle seeing the liberals come out in favor of property rights and the conservatives running to government regulation as soon as twitter is mentioned. Almost like there are no actual core principals associated with their political positions....
It is always worth a chuckle when conservatives lie about liberals and property rights.

Liberals are advocates of private property rights, that hasn’t changed with the issue of social media.

The right’s hypocrisy is also nothing new – conservatives are great ‘advocates’ of private property rights when seeking to discriminate against gay patrons, and opponents of private property rights when it comes to vaccine mandates and social media.

I am not trump supporter, but just ban trump is so wrong.

But should it be illegal? Should websites be able to ban whoever they want, or should government be in charge of making that decision?

So a corporation like Ford, Coca Cola etc could fire any employee simply because he/she voted for Biden? How long to you think it would take the Feds to get involved in that?

Democrats don't care as long as it is their agenda that is being supported. They are far too shortsighted and indoctrinated to see the long term dangers.

But should it be illegal? Should websites be able to ban whoever they want, or should government be in charge of making that decision?

Yes, if they want protection from being sued, which they currently have. They can't unevenly apply their TOS and not expect some blowback from the government which protects them. If they want to ban people because they don't like them that is fine, just remove their protection. Problem solved.

bullshit and you know it. You're pretending you care about freedom of speech when YOU DO NOT. You're letting business fill the role of gov't to PROTECT our free speech. That's because right now, things are going (downhill) in your favor. Own it Dude.

colfax_m supports speech that promotes the agenda of the Reich. and seeks to outlaw all speech that is counter to the goals of the Reich. People are free to praise the Reich and to attack enemies of the Reich. To colfax, that's what freedom of speech is.

Yes, if they want protection from being sued, which they currently have. They can't unevenly apply their TOS and not expect some blowback from the government which protects them.
Ok. We have one vote for state run social media. Who else is on board? Quite a few of you I'm guessing.

It is always worth a chuckle when conservatives lie about liberals and property rights.

Liberals are advocates of private property rights, that hasn’t changed with the issue of social media.

The right’s hypocrisy is also nothing new – conservatives are great ‘advocates’ of private property rights when seeking to discriminate against gay patrons, and opponents of private property rights when it comes to vaccine mandates and social media.
Yes it has. That you are a hack has not changed though.

I am unsure of why you even come here. I have never seen you interject anything useful.

This is why I would not sell guns or ammo to liberals, let alone allow them in my shop.
lol

This is why stupidity is clearly a prerequisite for being conservative.

How do you know one of your patrons is a ‘liberal’ – you’ve likely sold scores of guns and ammunition to ‘liberals’ in complete ignorance.

Forum List

Back