trump begs Florida judge to restore his Twitter account

Do you think trump should have his Twitter account reactivated?

• No, he'll just call for more violence

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Yes, trump has learned his lesson and will behave in the future

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
Doesn’t have anything to do with the legal argument.

The legal argument is that Twitter is a government actor. None of you have read the lawsuit.
It seems that you are a law prof. I always have a q? Given FB is gov't contractor, has sec 23 (??) protection and using public or gov't goods, does FB need to follow the free speech rules?

No, yours is indeed an idiotic statement.

Government doesn’t ‘protect’ free speech.

The doctrine of free speech protects citizens from government excess and overreach – such as conservatives advocating government silence social media because conservatives incorrectly perceive social media as being ‘hostile’ to conservatives.
You have that totally ass-backwards.
The Constitution spells out the powers of the 3 branches of government....and the Bill of Rights is supposed to protect Americans from overreach by the government.....regardless who is in charge.
The Biden Adm is trying to use social media to silence conservatives at the same time they're advocating violence and intimidation of anyone who doesn't bend to their will.....essentially going around the constitution.

Yes, if they want protection from being sued, which they currently have. They can't unevenly apply their TOS and not expect some blowback from the government which protects them. If they want to ban people because they don't like them that is fine, just remove their protection. Problem solved.
They are protected from frivolous lawsuits. They cannot be sued for content they do not create being shared through their medium - something they should not be held liable even if section 230 did not exist.

Do you think USMB should be held liable for lawsuit if someone posts libel or slander on this site?

Nope. One of the mods merged my thread with another, and used their thread title. The poll isn't mine either.

All you fascist leftists got your talking points from KOS this morning and started creating threads to serve your Reich.

So the mods merged the dozens of threads by you moron democrats into a single one.

.Do you think USMB should be held liable for lawsuit if someone posts libel or slander on this site?
You're asking them to have a broader perspective. They don't do that. All that matters is "winning".

But should it be illegal? Should websites be able to ban whoever they want, or should government be in charge of making that decision?
websites are not FB. you are comparing Tylenol to C19 vaccine

They are protected from frivolous lawsuits. They cannot be sued for content they do not create being shared through their medium - something they should not be held liable even if section 230 did not exist.

Do you think USMB should be held liable for lawsuit if someone posts libel or slander on this site?

USMB doesn't regulate, edit, or censor content.

The Monopoly does.

I'm actually surprise the Monopoly hasn't deplatformed USMB.

Stinking racist scum like bripat can't wait to see more of his scumbag trumps lies on twitter
eddie munster, please show anything racist by bripat9643 , ever?

You lying little Nazi fuck.

1633278765238.png

Yes, really.

Using the authority of the state to silence political opposition is fundamentally fascist.

And there is no ‘freedom’ to participate on private social media; there is no ‘right’ to have a Twitter account.
Twitter is a Goliath. That hood rat Mark Zuckerberg and his buddies can't throw people off the bus for political disagreements. Especially since a Twitter ban equates to a permanent ban on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and all the other major social media corporations headquartered in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Bay Area, California.

I don't know now, given we keep seeing gay leftist dolts want wedding cake from the Colorado baker.

BTW, "private social media", WTF is that???? :rolleyes: In fact, you may be a lawyer, but your understanding of the internet and social media are so fxxk up.

OK, Imagine there is a public highway system. there is a route named social media. FB is the greyhound, and it is almost the only guy in town. Ok, you can drive your own car but it takes forever to finish the trip. Now, FB bans you. What can you do?
Actually, we keep seeing rightwing bigots ignorant of public accommodations laws as authorized by the Commerce Clause seeking to discriminate against gay patrons.

Moreover, a public highway system wouldn’t have a private route – because it’s public (government), not private.

And private social media are just that: private – i.e. not government.

Last, because social media are private – not government – they’re not subject to the First Amendment or the doctrine of free speech.

That conservatives are so comprehensively ignorant of these most fundamental facts is why conservatives are so consistently wrong.

That’s an idiotic statement. The government should not require a private organization to facilitate and promote speech that the organization does not want.

That’s actual freedom of speech.

FascistTwatBook is an extension of the federal government. A government supported Monopoly serving the democrat party and the CCP. You know this.

It's shocking that Tik-Tok, which is literally run by Communist China, is more open to free speech than the Monopoly.

Twitter is a Goliath. That hood rat Mark Zuckerberg and his buddies can't throw people off the bus for political disagreements. Especially since a Twitter ban equates to a permanent ban on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and all the other major social media corporations headquartered in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Bay Area, California.
Using the authority of the state to silence political opposition is fundamentally fascist – as you and others on the right advocate.

USMB doesn't regulate, edit, or censor content.
The hell they don't. I mean, it's irrelevant really. You guys are just looking for legal excuses to force social media companies to bend to your will. But in point of fact, this site does "regulate, edit, or censor content". Regularly.

This very thread is proof. The mods changed the thread title and now I'm catching grief for it. Maybe I should sue!

Forum List

Back