trump begs Florida judge to restore his Twitter account

Do you think trump should have his Twitter account reactivated?

• No, he'll just call for more violence

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Yes, trump has learned his lesson and will behave in the future

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
You’re asking how it should be regulated. I’m saying how it is regulated.

Stay consistent and you won’t get so confused.
I am not remotely confused. I am Saying the courts should decide and you have an issue with it? Why?

Good. Then you should agree that if they’re under no legal obligation to be fair, then this is irrelevant for the legal case Trump is making against Twitter.
No, we don't agree. It is the basis of Trump's suit. If he proves they are targeting people based on political beliefs their days of being exempt may be numbered.

We have been over this already, Dipshit.

Nope. There is no law or regulation that requires it.

Bullshit.

It is the heart of the issue.

{ It was enacted as part of the Communications Decency Act (CDA) of 1996 (a common name for Title V of the Telecommunications Act of 1996), formally codified as part of the Communications Act of 1934 at 47 U.S.C. § 230.[a] After passage of the Telecommunications Act, the CDA was challenged in courts and was ruled by the Supreme Court in Reno v. American Civil Liberties Union (1997) to be unconstitutional, though Section 230 was determined to be severable from the rest of the legislation and remained in place. Since then, several legal challenges have validated the constitutionality of Section 230.}

Twitter is a publisher in every sense of the term. Moreover, they are in fact a political action committee.

Fascism above all else is the merger of the state with the Oligarchs. The fiber laid by Verizon and AT&T was overwhelmingly funded by the federal government. Public funding, private profit - with appropriate kickbacks.

It continues to this day.

What's funny about this is that you are actually complaining about rural broadband, a program that subsidizes the internet cost to rural Americans, who as we all know vote HEAVILY conservative.

So yeah, another way that our tax dollars are subsidizing people who hate subsidies for others.

Bullshit.

It is the heart of the issue.

{ It was enacted as part of the Communications Decency Act (CDA) of 1996 (a common name for Title V of the Telecommunications Act of 1996), formally codified as part of the Communications Act of 1934 at 47 U.S.C. § 230.[a] After passage of the Telecommunications Act, the CDA was challenged in courts and was ruled by the Supreme Court in Reno v. American Civil Liberties Union (1997) to be unconstitutional, though Section 230 was determined to be severable from the rest of the legislation and remained in place. Since then, several legal challenges have validated the constitutionality of Section 230.}

Twitter is a publisher in every sense of the term. Moreover, they are in fact a political action committee.
They're a publisher in every sense of the term except legally, as section 230 states.

I am not remotely confused. I am Saying the courts should decide and you have an issue with it? Why?
You are confused, because you keep waffling back and forth.

You claimed they were regulated like ATT and Verizon. Then you started talking about how they should be regulated.

You're doing very badly at staying on topic, probably because you are starting to get that you're wrong.

Once again, social media like Twitter is not regulated like a common carrier, as ATT and Verizon are. These are drastically different things.

What's funny about this is that you are actually complaining about rural broadband, a program that subsidizes the internet cost to rural Americans, who as we all know vote HEAVILY conservative.

So yeah, another way that our tax dollars are subsidizing people who hate subsidies for others.

I'm stating the fact that the internet backbone that the democrat social media Monopoly depends on is publicly funded.

Simply a matter of fact.

They're a publisher in every sense of the term except legally, as section 230 states.

They flagrantly violate section 230 and as such must have their protection from liability for what they publish revoked.

They are in fact a PAC and must be treated like any other PAC.

They flagrantly violate section 230 and as such must have their protection from liability for what they publish revoked.

They are in fact a PAC and must be treated like any other PAC.
Sure, if Congress ever gets around to it. Given how Republicans gave relished their ability to break government, i wouldn’t expect anything to change anytime soon.

That's nice.

Irrelevant, but nice.
Quite relevant. You can’t tell the difference in last mile internet access from the backbone.

Regardless, internet access remains a private enterprise. Most of this is already beyond the point given Twitter isn’t even an internet service provider. It’s an entirely different conversation as to whether ISPs should be regulated as a common carrier. I think they should but yet again Republicans decided against it.

You are confused, because you keep waffling back and forth.

You claimed they were regulated like ATT and Verizon. Then you started talking about how they should be regulated.

You're doing very badly at staying on topic, probably because you are starting to get that you're wrong.

Once again, social media like Twitter is not regulated like a common carrier, as ATT and Verizon are. These are drastically different things.
Yes they are as they have the same protections in terms of what is posted aka content they aren’t liable for. Twitter should be IMO or they need to change their subjective guidelines on who may or may not post. I had to spell it out for you? LOL

Quite relevant. You can’t tell the difference in last mile internet access from the backbone.

You are reduced to making shit up..

During the Clinton years, hundreds of billion of taxpayer dollars went to build the fiber backbone of the internet - in cities like Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, etc. I posted a link showing that public funding of fiber continues 35 years later.

BTW, I earned an MSCE in 1992, when did you earn network certifications?

Regardless, internet access remains a private enterprise. Most of this is already beyond the point given Twitter isn’t even an internet service provider. It’s an entirely different conversation as to whether ISPs should be regulated as a common carrier. I think they should but yet again Republicans decided against it.

It's amusing that you lie about this, while Clinton still brags about it.

Forum List

Back