Trump Bringing Back Coal Industry!

I live in Kentucky and my land lord is friends with some of the people that own coal mines around here that voted Trump. He recently talked to them and asked if the coal mining industry has gotten better since Trump has been in office... they said nothing has changed.

I live in Kentucky and my land lord is friends with some of the people that own coal mines around here that voted Trump. He recently talked to them and asked if the coal mining industry has gotten better since Trump has been in office... they said nothing has changed.
It's not the 19th century anymore so coal is on the way out

I am getting tired of winning. Do you hate natural Gas too? You live off the grid with solar panels only I suppose. You burn wood in the woodstove for heat? we have already been over this. you had no answer on the other 10 thread polluted by: "Coal on the way out". China can't live without it right now.

What is U.S. electricity generation by energy source?
In 2016, about 4.08 trillion kilowatthours (kWh) of electricity1 were generated at utility-scale facilities in the United States.2 About 65% of this electricity generation was from fossil fuels (coal, natural gas, petroleum, and other gases), about 20% was from nuclear energy, and about 15% was from renewable energy sources. The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates that an additional 19 billion kWh (or about 0.02 trillion kWh) of electricity generation was from small-scale solar photovoltaic systems in 2016.3

Major energy sources and percent shares of U.S. electricity generation at utility-scale facilities in 20161

• Natural gas = 33.8%
  • Coal = 30.4%
  • Nuclear = 19.7%
  • Renewables (total) = 14.9%
    • Hydropower = 6.5%
    • Wind = 5.6%
    • Biomass = 1.5%
    • Solar = 0.9%
    • Geothermal = 0.4%
  • Petroleum = 0.6%
  • Other gases = 0.3%
  • Other nonrenewable sources = 0.3%
  • Pumped storage hydroelectricity = -0.2%4

Last edited:
Rumble Mr. President...rumble! One great American!
First New Coal Mine of Trump Era Opens in Pennsylvania
Fusion (an energy with a future) is better, and higher paying.

Coal is used for a whole lot more things than just energy. It will never really go away. You can't make steel without coal, nor many other things where it is an absolute necessity in manufacturing.

This coal mine that is opening is NOT FOR ENERGY PRODUCTION. It is "metallurgical" coal which is currently in demand.

The OP is a losing combination of ignorance and dishonesty.

Coal is used for a whole lot more things than just energy. It will never really go away. You can't make steel without coal, nor many other things where it is an absolute necessity in manufacturing.
Just like oil?

Oil is essential in making plastic and other polymers. Not to mention, try running your car or any other type of machinery without oil. But you can't just substitute oil for coal in many processes. It doesn't work that way. Have you ever been to a steel plant?

I am getting tired of winning. Do you hate natural Gas too? You live off the grid with solar panels only I suppose. You burn wood in the woodstove for heat? we have already been over this. you had no answer on the other 10 thread polluted by: "Coal on the way out". China can't live without it right now.

In 2016, about 4.08 trillion kilowatthours (kWh) of electricity1 were generated at utility-scale facilities in the United States.2 About 65% of this electricity generation was from fossil fuels (coal, natural gas, petroleum, and other gases), about 20% was from nuclear energy, and about 15% was from renewable energy sources. The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates that an additional 19 billion kWh (or about 0.02 trillion kWh) of electricity generation was from small-scale solar photovoltaic systems in 2016.3

Major energy sources and percent shares of U.S. electricity generation at utility-scale facilities in 20161

• Natural gas = 33.8%
  • Coal = 30.4%
  • Nuclear = 19.7%
    • Hydropower = 6.5%
    • Wind = 5.6%
    • Biomass = 1.5%
    • Solar = 0.9%
    • Geothermal = 0.4%
  • Petroleum = 0.6%
  • Other gases = 0.3%
In 1990, coal provided almost 60% of our energy. Now it is 30%, and energy demands are being easily met.

P.S. You have to win first before you can get tired of it.

Trump is keeping his promise to the American worker.

• Natural gas = 33.8%
  • Coal = 30.4%
  • Nuclear = 19.7%
    • Hydropower = 6.5%
    • Wind = 5.6%
    • Biomass = 1.5%
    • Solar = 0.9%
    • Geothermal = 0.4%
  • Petroleum = 0.6%
  • Other gases = 0.3%
In 1990, coal provided almost 60% of our energy. Now it is 30%, and energy demands are being easily met.

Let's get it back up to 60%

Just like oil?

Oil is essential in making plastic and other polymers. Not to mention, try running your car or any other type of machinery without oil. But you can't just substitute oil for coal in many processes. It doesn't work that way. Have you ever been to a steel plant?
You are 100% correct. Dig, baby, dig!

• Natural gas = 33.8%
  • Coal = 30.4%
  • Nuclear = 19.7%
    • Hydropower = 6.5%
    • Wind = 5.6%
    • Biomass = 1.5%
    • Solar = 0.9%
    • Geothermal = 0.4%
  • Petroleum = 0.6%
  • Other gases = 0.3%

Let's get it back up to 60%
No demand for it. Sorry.

This coal mine that is opening is NOT FOR ENERGY PRODUCTION. It is "metallurgical" coal which is currently in demand.

The OP is a losing combination of ignorance and dishonesty.
So more American jobs are bad?

Forum List

Back