šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

Trump broke the law to buy Ben Carson's endorsement. The crime is worth up to 2 years in prison

Trump bought Carson's endorsement. The penalty for that is up to 2 years in prison. I wonder how right wingers are going to try to spin this.

Ben Carson: I Didnā€™t Want To Endorse Trump, But He Promised Me A Position

Dr. Ben Carson, who endorsed Donald Trumpā€™s presidential candidacy on Friday, appears less than enthusiastic about that decision. And the real reason the unsuccessful GOP presidential hopeful endorsed his former rival could be a violation of federal law.

Carson told the conservative online site NewsMax TV on Monday that he backed Trump based on a practical calculus.

ā€œI didnā€™t see a path for [John] Kasich, who I like, or for [Marco] Rubio, who I like. As far as [Ted] Cruz is concerned, I donā€™t think heā€™s gonna be able to draw independents and Democrats unless has has some kind of miraculous changeā€¦ Is there another scenario that I would have preferred? Yes. But that scenario isnā€™t available.ā€ Pressed to clarify, Carson said he meant heā€™d prefer to have backed one of the other candidates.

Carson then said that Trump had promised him a role in his administration, ā€œcertainly in an advisory capacity.ā€ Asked by NewsMaxā€™s Steve Malzberg whether this meant a cabinet position, Carson declined to ā€œreveal any details about it right now, because all of this is still very liquid.ā€

Federal law expressly prohibits candidates from directly or indirectly promising ā€œthe appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy.ā€ The penalty for violations could include fines or a year in jail ā€” two years if the violation was willful.
This is ridiculous. Obama would be doing two life sentences for making good on promises like this. He gave ambassadorships to campaign donors who were unqualified. He placed the CEO of General Electric in his cabinet and the founder of SEIU in his cabinet as well.

Then prove it and collect your prize. Until then, it's just a bunch of hot air.
No problemao. Many of them may not have been officially cabinet members but were names as czars or ambassadors:

1. Andy Stern - is the former president[7][8] of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), (ACORN) Stern is referred to as one of "the chief architects of healthcare reform" in Modern Healthcare magazine's ranking of the 100 Most Powerful People in Healthcare for 2009. Stern has been named to MH's annual "movers and shakers in healthcare" list for five years in a row. Stern is an ardent supporter of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.[citation needed]
    Stern has been a frequent visitor to the White House since Obama's election.[30][31] Between Inauguration Day and February 23, 2011, Stern visited the White House 53 times.[32] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Stern
  2. Jeffery Immelt - During the US Presidential elections in 2012, GE came under attack for not paying US federal taxes while receiving substantial federal tax benefits. While the tax attacks created the impression that GE paid no taxes, its worldwide tax expense was over $3 billion, with most of the taxes paid in foreign jurisdictions. GE is reported to have paid no federal US taxes in 2010.[35] In February 2009, in the early days of the Obama administration, Immelt was appointed as a member to the President's Economic Recovery Advisory Board to provide the president and his administration with advice and counsel in fixing America's economic downturn.[55] When President Obama chose to put Jeffrey Immelt at the head of the Economic Advisory Board, he felt that Immelt had attributions in knowing what would help the global economy. Obama has reported that Immelt has emerged as one of his top economic advisors in regards to trying to rebuild America's economy.[56] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_R._Immelt
  3. Colleen Bell - As it moved forward on backlogged nominations yesterday, the Senate approved the nomination of Colleen Bell to be the next US ambassador to Hungary, and that didnā€™t make Sen. John McCain (R) of Arizona happy at all:

The Senate confirmed a producer of the soap opera ā€œThe Bold and The Beautifulā€ today to serve as ambassador to Hungary, and Sen. John McCain is not happy about it. Prior to the vote, McCain, R-Ariz., went on a tirade about how Colleen Bradley Bell, a soap opera producer and bundler for President Obamaā€™s campaigns, is ā€œunqualifiedā€ to represent the United States as an ambassador to Hungary. The truth, of course, is that Bellā€™s appointment is just another example of a very old game in Washington in which campaign donors and friends of the president end up getting rewarded with largely symbolic positions on government commissions or appointments to ambassadorial positions, usually in countries that are not among the more important when it comes to world affairs. Not surprisingly, these end up being nations where the duties of the ambassador end up being largely ceremonial and US relations with the country in question are sufficiently solid that sending what amounts to a symbolic appointment to be the nationā€™s chief diplomatic representative would not be seen as an insult.
  4. Noah Mamet - Fundraising aside, the qualifications of Obama's big bundler nominees are being called into question after several of them flopped their confirmation hearings. The question and answer sessions were so embarrassing, it may give future presidents pause about continuing the tradition of rewarding donors with diplomatic posts.

Noah Mamet, Obama's choice for ambassador to Argentina, it turns out, has never set foot in the country. "I haven't had the opportunity yet to be there," Mamet revealed when he appeared Thursday before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. "I've traveled pretty extensively around the world, but I haven't yet had a chance."

Links
Top diplomatic posts under Obama go to major campaign contributors

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politi...in-ambassador-appointments-That-s-nothing-new.

What Does It Cost To Be an Obama Ambassador?

Obama's Corrupt Appointment of Donor Ambassadors is Endangering America

Trump bought Carson's endorsement. The penalty for that is up to 2 years in prison. I wonder how right wingers are going to try to spin this.

Dr. Ben Carson, who endorsed Donald Trumpā€™s presidential candidacy on Friday, appears less than enthusiastic about that decision. And the real reason the unsuccessful GOP presidential hopeful endorsed his former rival could be a violation of federal law.

Carson told the conservative online site NewsMax TV on Monday that he backed Trump based on a practical calculus.

ā€œI didnā€™t see a path for [John] Kasich, who I like, or for [Marco] Rubio, who I like. As far as [Ted] Cruz is concerned, I donā€™t think heā€™s gonna be able to draw independents and Democrats unless has has some kind of miraculous changeā€¦ Is there another scenario that I would have preferred? Yes. But that scenario isnā€™t available.ā€ Pressed to clarify, Carson said he meant heā€™d prefer to have backed one of the other candidates.

Carson then said that Trump had promised him a role in his administration, ā€œcertainly in an advisory capacity.ā€ Asked by NewsMaxā€™s Steve Malzberg whether this meant a cabinet position, Carson declined to ā€œreveal any details about it right now, because all of this is still very liquid.ā€

Federal law expressly prohibits candidates from directly or indirectly promising ā€œthe appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy.ā€ The penalty for violations could include fines or a year in jail ā€” two years if the violation was willful.
This is ridiculous. Obama would be doing two life sentences for making good on promises like this. He gave ambassadorships to campaign donors who were unqualified. He placed the CEO of General Electric in his cabinet and the founder of SEIU in his cabinet as well.

No problemao. Many of them may not have been officially cabinet members but were names as czars or ambassadors:

1. Andy Stern - is the former president[7][8] of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), (ACORN) Stern is referred to as one of "the chief architects of healthcare reform" in Modern Healthcare magazine's ranking of the 100 Most Powerful People in Healthcare for 2009. Stern has been named to MH's annual "movers and shakers in healthcare" list for five years in a row. Stern is an ardent supporter of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.[citation needed]
    Stern has been a frequent visitor to the White House since Obama's election.[30][31] Between Inauguration Day and February 23, 2011, Stern visited the White House 53 times.[32] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Stern
  2. Jeffery Immelt - During the US Presidential elections in 2012, GE came under attack for not paying US federal taxes while receiving substantial federal tax benefits. While the tax attacks created the impression that GE paid no taxes, its worldwide tax expense was over $3 billion, with most of the taxes paid in foreign jurisdictions. GE is reported to have paid no federal US taxes in 2010.[35] In February 2009, in the early days of the Obama administration, Immelt was appointed as a member to the President's Economic Recovery Advisory Board to provide the president and his administration with advice and counsel in fixing America's economic downturn.[55] When President Obama chose to put Jeffrey Immelt at the head of the Economic Advisory Board, he felt that Immelt had attributions in knowing what would help the global economy. Obama has reported that Immelt has emerged as one of his top economic advisors in regards to trying to rebuild America's economy.[56] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_R._Immelt
  3. Colleen Bell - As it moved forward on backlogged nominations yesterday, the Senate approved the nomination of Colleen Bell to be the next US ambassador to Hungary, and that didnā€™t make Sen. John McCain (R) of Arizona happy at all:

The Senate confirmed a producer of the soap opera ā€œThe Bold and The Beautifulā€ today to serve as ambassador to Hungary, and Sen. John McCain is not happy about it. Prior to the vote, McCain, R-Ariz., went on a tirade about how Colleen Bradley Bell, a soap opera producer and bundler for President Obamaā€™s campaigns, is ā€œunqualifiedā€ to represent the United States as an ambassador to Hungary. The truth, of course, is that Bellā€™s appointment is just another example of a very old game in Washington in which campaign donors and friends of the president end up getting rewarded with largely symbolic positions on government commissions or appointments to ambassadorial positions, usually in countries that are not among the more important when it comes to world affairs. Not surprisingly, these end up being nations where the duties of the ambassador end up being largely ceremonial and US relations with the country in question are sufficiently solid that sending what amounts to a symbolic appointment to be the nationā€™s chief diplomatic representative would not be seen as an insult.
  4. Noah Mamet - Fundraising aside, the qualifications of Obama's big bundler nominees are being called into question after several of them flopped their confirmation hearings. The question and answer sessions were so embarrassing, it may give future presidents pause about continuing the tradition of rewarding donors with diplomatic posts.

Noah Mamet, Obama's choice for ambassador to Argentina, it turns out, has never set foot in the country. "I haven't had the opportunity yet to be there," Mamet revealed when he appeared Thursday before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. "I've traveled pretty extensively around the world, but I haven't yet had a chance."

Links

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politi...in-ambassador-appointments-That-s-nothing-new.

Did they get the position because of their support, or did they give the support to get the position? Don't say it doesn't make a difference, because you know it does.

Links

Did they get the position because of their support, or did they give the support to get the position? Don't say it doesn't make a difference, because you know it does.
A little of both. It's obvious they got the position because of their support.

Obama tried bribing Rev. Wright into silence. Whenever he calls someone into the Oval Office or plays a round of golf with them, he's usually doing it to get something from them. Promises are made.

Obama got heavy union support from the machinists unions during his 2008 campaign and he delivered with bailouts to GM and Chrysler. Instead of them filing bankruptcy and paying back all of their debts like everyone else, Obama bailed out the GM and Chrysler pension plans for union members to the tun e of billions of taxpayer dollars. George Soros gives to Democrats because they do what he wants. Open borders, crashing economies, busting banks. George Soros is huge contributor to Obama and Hillary. His Open Society Institute funds dozens of organizations, including the ACLU, Planned-Parenthood, Project Vote (ACORN), Think Progress, Tides Foundation, Voto Latino, Moveon.org among a few. Organizations Funded by George Soros and His Open Society Institute - Discover the Networks

One hand washes the other.

Pogo, this op is bullshit. What happened to you and your investigations? Don't even bother when it fits your agenda do you? Hack boi

Did the law get correctly quoted -- or did it not?

Did Carson say what he said -- or did he not?

I investigated both. They're there.

There's no exit door here.

georgewbush.gif

Pogo, this op is bullshit. What happened to you and your investigations? Don't even bother when it fits your agenda do you? Hack boi

georgewbush.gif
Trump broke the law to buy Ben Carson's endorsement
The title of the thread is bullshit and you know it. He didn't say or even imply any such thing. If this was about a democrat, you would have went magoo.

I won't vote for Trump, but that's the dumbest post yet against him. Trump can promise him anything in return for positions.

Federal law expressly prohibits candidates from directly or indirectly promising ā€œthe appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy.ā€ The penalty for violations could include fines or a year in jail ā€” two years if the violation was willful
Yeah, and Hillary wasn't promised SoS in exchange for Clintion's support.

I won't vote for Trump, but that's the dumbest post yet against him. Trump can promise him anything in return for positions.

Federal law expressly prohibits candidates from directly or indirectly promising ā€œthe appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy.ā€ The penalty for violations could include fines or a year in jail ā€” two years if the violation was willful
You're guessing.

georgewbush.gif
The title of the thread is bullshit and you know it. He didn't say or even imply any such thing. If this was about a democrat, you would have went magoo.

The latter is a speculation fallacy. And easily disproven since I've already cited Rod Blagojevich in federal prison. Where do you get this cockamamie idea that I have a political party?

Now then --- HOW is the title bullshit? We've quoted the law, check. We've read Carson's words, check. The action in what Carson described ---- is also described in the law -- it's an exact match. Check.

I've got three checks here. Now cash them. :deal:

georgewbush.gif

The latter is a speculation fallacy. And easily disproven since I've already cited Rod Blagojevich in federal prison. Where do you get this cockamamie idea that I have a political party?

Now then --- HOW is the title bullshit? We've quoted the law, check. We've read Carson's words, check. The action in what Carson described ---- is also described in the law -- it's an exact match. Check.

I've got three checks here. Now cash them. :deal:
:spinner:

Isn't the standard that there has to be an indictment before everyone gets all upshook, and stuff? This is what happens when you start excusing shady behavior from one standard bearer. Another one starts doing stuff too and it's accepted behavior, and stuff.

I imagine he has promised his new chubby puppy dog (Chris Christie) a position too.

ows_138922677233540.jpg

Clinton was a democrat and supported the democratic candidate. Is that complicated for you?

I imagine he has promised his new chubby puppy dog (Chris Christie) a position too.

ows_138922677233540.jpg
Could be, but I figured he would fold for a couple boxes of donuts.

Good luck getting a charge on hearsay.

Clinton was a democrat and supported the democratic candidate. Is that complicated for you?
Carson is a republican, supporting a Republican. What's the difference?

Forum List

Back